PDA

View Full Version : How does this diet look?

maus1
05-16-2007, 11:04 PM
Well I took note of all the things I consumed today, including Calorie Intake, Fat, Protein, and Carbs. I am currently trying to gain Lean Muscle Mass right now, and thought I'd get some opinions on bb.com. I weigh about 157, 5'9, 20 years old, been lifting moderately for a few years. Bench at least 235, and recently started lifting legs ( the forum rules said to be detailed ).

In ANY CASE, here's what I ate today. Please point out anything you see wrong ( remember, I'm trying to gain hard muscle mass ).

9:30 a.m Instant Oatmeal
10:40 Grape Nuts w/ Milk
11:55 Protein Bar
1:20 P.M. Turkey/Chicken Sandwhich with cheese and wheat bread and tbs mayo
half serving of potato chips ( i know i know ) and pickle
glass of milk
3:15 pm Protein Shake ( 1.5 scoops protein, serving of bran flakes, banana, and 1.5 tbs Peanut Butter)

4:30-5:30 WORKOUT
6:15 p.m. Post-Workout Shake ( 2 scoops )

7:35 p.m. Plate of Chicken Tetrazzini type stuff (dont know nutritional facts, home made)
9:00 p.m. [LOST Starts] Can of Tuna
9:20 p.m. Protein bar

11:30 p.m. Another large portion of Chicken Tetrazzini stuff
12:00 Protein Shake (1 scoop)

One thing that sticks out is my lack of vegetables! Oh goodness... I need some of that in my diet.

So let me do the calculations...This is NOT including the Chicken Tet stuff

total Calories: 2775 (I'd say about 3500 w. Tetrazzini)
Total fat ( g): 77g fat (not including chicken tet.)
Total Protein: 236.5 g (not inclyuding ct)
Total carb: 290 g (not including ct, but I think the ct would add alot to carbs)

Any red flags guys? What do yall think? Thanks ahead of time!

Skyles
05-17-2007, 03:12 AM
For that you need to lean up your diet, it's full of junk!

9:30 a.m Instant Oatmeal have Rolled Oats instead
10:40 Grape Nuts w/ Milk have whole grain instead of this sucrose
11:55 Protein Bar worst protein source, replace with wholefood
1:20 P.M. Turkey/Chicken Sandwhich with cheese and wheat bread and tbs mayo no flags
half serving of potato chips ( i know i know ) and pickleYou know what? so why is this even here?
glass of milk
3:15 pm Protein Shake ( 1.5 scoops protein, serving of bran flakes, banana, and 1.5 tbs Peanut Butter)

4:30-5:30 WORKOUT
6:15 p.m. Post-Workout Shake ( 2 scoops )

7:35 p.m. Plate of Chicken Tetrazzini type stuff (dont know nutritional facts, home made) neither do I but dosen't sound good!
9:00 p.m. [LOST Starts] Can of Tuna
9:20 p.m. Protein bar

11:30 p.m. Another large portion of Chicken Tetrazzini stuff

12:00 Protein Shake (1 scoop)

One thing that sticks out is my lack of vegetables! Oh goodness... I need some of that in my diet.

So let me do the calculations...This is NOT including the Chicken Tet stuff

total Calories: 2775 (I'd say about 3500 w. Tetrazzini)
Total fat ( g): 77g fat (not including chicken tet.)
Total Protein: 236.5 g (not inclyuding ct)
Total carb: 290 g (not including ct, but I think the ct would add alot to carbs)

Any red flags guys? What do yall think? Thanks ahead of time!

You're right lacks vegetables and fibre, very poor sources of protein,
lacks red meat and eggs, lacks heathy Omega 3 fat and fish other than tuna, Not much wholegrains..... I can go all day here.

coddleston
05-17-2007, 03:37 AM
Eat a bigger breakfast. Rolled Oats are fine but throw in some eggs as well. As skyles says, protein bars arent that great, a lot of them are just candy bars, so toss them out and get your protein from whole foods (chicken breasts, lean beef, eggs, other fish, etc). Instead of white bread on your sandwhich, try whole grain, and replace your potato chips with some sweet potatoes, broccoli, spinach, etc.