PDA

View Full Version : my first "cut" journal

mission551
05-15-2007, 06:33 AM
hello everyone, i've been following this site and many of it's stories and decided that i would keep track of my own progress and possibly get some feedback and/ or advice seeing as many of u have been an inspiration and help in my curent "cut". i have been keeping track religiously of my diet and excercise so far and though i can do it on the forum and help keep motivated.

the one area my diet and workout program may differ slightly from a normal cut i've seen on this site is that i am a competetive tennis player(you'd think id be in better shape then i am now;) but i love the sport of bodybuilding and the extreme work and sheer will power and dedication that comes with it. and i like to incorporate a lot of it into my tennis training. The reason i am cutting right now is because i was injured and on vacation for 5 weeks and afterwards did some measurements and got a little worried....here are some measurements as of last saturday. the main reason i'm doing this besides the obvious reasons is i'm gonna be going to school in the states to compete at the college level and wanna be at my peak shape in 3 months

sat, may5th

height- 5'10
weight- 174.5
waist- 38.75 (yikes) was around 35.5 prior to injury
body fat- 18.5
lbm- 142

12 week goals:

weight- 150-155
waist- 31-33
body fat- single digits!!! (might be tough...maybe 10 or 11 will do)
lbm- try to retain 140+

i'm a slow typer so i'm not gona list exact workout and diet by i will give you a general breakdown on the last 10 days and my first weeks weigh in as well. the toughest part is trying to keep my carbs lower but still performing at an optimal level for my sport...but no one said its gonna be easy;)

diet:
my dietfor now will consist of a 45-35-20 p-c-f with an intake of 2600-2800 calories a day

cardio:
2 hours a day/6 days a week, of tennis, 1hr morning, 1hr evening

weights:

doing a 3 day split as follows

monday- chest, biceps
tuesday-back, triceps, traps
wed- legs and shoulders
thursday-day of
friday- same as monday
saturday-same as tuesday
sunday- same as wed

i will update on my cut later today and catch u all up with my last 10 days, and give a more detailed breakdown of my diet and workout....let the journey begin

Nate R.
05-15-2007, 07:33 AM
hello everyone, i've been following this site and many of it's stories and decided that i would keep track of my own progress and possibly get some feedback and/ or advice seeing as many of u have been an inspiration and help in my curent "cut". i have been keeping track religiously of my diet and excercise so far and though i can do it on the forum and help keep motivated.

the one area my diet and workout program may differ slightly from a normal cut i've seen on this site is that i am a competetive tennis player(you'd think id be in better shape then i am now;) but i love the sport of bodybuilding and the extreme work and sheer will power and dedication that comes with it. and i like to incorporate a lot of it into my tennis training. The reason i am cutting right now is because i was injured and on vacation for 5 weeks and afterwards did some measurements and got a little worried....here are some measurements as of last saturday. the main reason i'm doing this besides the obvious reasons is i'm gonna be going to school in the states to compete at the college level and wanna be at my peak shape in 3 months

sat, may5th

height- 5'10
weight- 174.5
waist- 38.75 (yikes) was around 35.5 prior to injury
body fat- 18.5
lbm- 142

12 week goals:

weight- 150-155
waist- 31-33
body fat- single digits!!! (might be tough...maybe 10 or 11 will do)
lbm- try to retain 140+

i'm a slow typer so i'm not gona list exact workout and diet by i will give you a general breakdown on the last 10 days and my first weeks weigh in as well. the toughest part is trying to keep my carbs lower but still performing at an optimal level for my sport...but no one said its gonna be easy;)

diet:
my dietfor now will consist of a 45-35-20 p-c-f with an intake of 2600-2800 calories a day

cardio:
2 hours a day/6 days a week, of tennis, 1hr morning, 1hr evening

weights:

doing a 3 day split as follows

monday- chest, biceps
tuesday-back, triceps, traps
wed- legs and shoulders
thursday-day of
friday- same as monday
saturday-same as tuesday
sunday- same as wed

i will update on my cut later today and catch u all up with my last 10 days, and give a more detailed breakdown of my diet and workout....let the journey begin

Good luck only thing is if I were you I would eat a bit less around 2100 calories a day, thats 12 times your bodyweight. Just a suggestion. Besides that it looks good. Hope you reach your goal.

Nate R.

mission551
05-15-2007, 07:41 AM
Good luck only thing is if I were you I would eat a bit less around 2100 calories a day, thats 12 times your bodyweight. Just a suggestion. Besides that it looks good. Hope you reach your goal.

Nate R.

thank you for your support, but judging by my past, and because i am doin about 2 hours of fairly intense cardio a day plus weightlifitng i believe i am still on track with a 2600-2800 a day to lose 2 lbs a week...but i will do my measurements on saturday and see my progress so far and lower that if necessary...i know i will need to as i go on.

again, i will update my progress so far and give some detail in regards to my diet and workout and update it later tonight...and ill see if i can get my hands on soe pics as well

mission551
05-15-2007, 12:12 PM
so it's currently day 10 and i will now track my progress regularely from here on in. Just got back from my morning training, and my cardio went 2 hours...gotta start bringing some protein in case this happens again. had a scoop of whey beforehand.

here are my measurements after 1 week...will measure bodyfat every 2 weeks

sat, may 12th

weight- 171 lbs (down 3.5lbs from start...mostly water weight likely
waist- 38.25 (down .5 inches...happy with that)

heres a typical day of food and excecise from week 1

9:00am
1 scoop protein with bcaa's
1 cup oats
ec stack

10:30
1/2 scoop whey
1hr cardio(tennis)

12:30 (pre-workout meal)
2 eggs, 4 egg whites
1pc whole wheat bread

2:00 (right before workout)
1 scoop whey

workout usually consists of 5 sets per excecise done in circuits with little rest in between, 8-10 rep range...and i like to do the last sets as breakdowns
this day i did chest and biceps
5 sets incline, flat, decline press, 5 sets fly (total 20 sets)
5 sets barbell curl and 5 sets seated dumbel curls ( total 10 sets)

3:00 (post workout)
2 scoops whey
2 pc white bread w/jam(may not be the best...but i love it)

5:00
can of tuna
light popcorn
almonds

7:00
half a scoop whey
1hr cardio

8:30
extra lean ground turkey
salad w. light dressing
asparagus

11:00 (bedtime)
1.5 scopp casein powder

totals: protein-274, car-217, fat-77 (a little higher then usual)
total 2640 calories

my foods do vary slighlty everyday but the nutrient breakdown is that of a typical day except i usually have a little less fat, between 50-60

and now i'm off for my leg workout...isnt gonna be easy after 2 hrs of cardio...should feel great tomorrow :)

mission551
05-15-2007, 08:42 PM
good day today...the workout was a little lacking in the energy department but i pulled through.

legs and shoulders
4 sets leg extensions, dumbbel lunges, calf raises, leg press
5 sets dumbbel press and 5 sets bent over lateral raises

again, last set of each excercise is a drop set

went out with friends to a bar and of course there was a wing/fry special...man it looked good...but i managed to resist and started downing water like a fiend lol...i just kept telling myself ill get mine on sat (my first refeed/cheat day)

nutrient breakdown for today

protein-270
carbs- 243
fat -58

i also counted my fiber intake today and it was 42 grams (thought that was rather high)...is that too much?

now it's time to take my casein and get ready for day11

mission551
05-16-2007, 04:59 PM
well, i have some spare time tonight so ill put down my food intake and workout schedule...on the plus side i think my body is adjusting to the decrease in calories...the last few days have seemed a little easier in regards to the diet and temptations. today i only had one 75 min cardio session (tennis) and took the evening off...or rather the weather decided i take the evening off so i lowered my calories accordingly.

here is todays food intake:

8:00 am ( high in carbs...this is my pre-tennis meal and about a quarter of my carbs for the day usually)

1 cup oatmeal
1pc. whole wheat bread
1.5 scoops whey with bcaa's

9:30

75 minutes cardio (intensity was a little down today)

12:30

salad w. light dressing
2 whole eggs, 4 egg whites
1 slice whole wheat bread

2:00 (right before workout)

1 scoop whey
1 medium apple

workout: (chest, biceps, abs)
this week i increased my weight in chest slightly...while keeping reps the same on the first few sets

chest:
incline press 4*60, 12,10,8,6 (last set drop set) done with 55's last week
decline press (same as above)
flat press (same as above)

biceps:
barbell curl 4 sets
seated curl 4 sets
concentration curl 4 sets

abs :
hanging leg raises with weight
lower ab excercise with ball (not sure what its called)
decline sit ups with 10lb medicine ball (did twists as well for obliques)

3:30 (post workout)

1.5 scoop whey
2 slices white bread
1 tbsp. raspberry jam (mmmm...)

5:30
1 can tuna
1 cup plain yogurt

8:00
200 g lean chicken
1 cup mixed veggies
150g asparagus
a touch of honey dijon mustard

1.5 scoop casein

total breakdown for today:
calories-2365
protein-256 ( 43% )
carbs-215 ( 36% )
fat-53 ( 21% )

so thats day 11...happy with today, body felt good energy was up for the workout (lol maybe it was the ec stack)

weigh in is on saturday, i might be dropping weight too quickly so i will do the measurements on sat and possibly do a little tweaking with the diet...we'll see

mission551
05-17-2007, 04:57 PM
i'm gonna be out this evening so i'l post my workout and nutrient breakdown for today...

workout:
today was back, tricep, trap day.

i did the following excercise in circuits, no rest between excercises, and 7 circuits in total with the last sets being drop sets i rest between 2-3 minutes between circuits. the excercises listed are in order they were perforomed

back extensions w. 45lb plate (8-12 reps)
wide grip lat pulldown (6-10 reps)
tricep pressdown (6-10 reps)
cable row (alternated between high and low angles)
shrugs (10-12reps)
bench dips (15-20 reps)

in total the workout took 1 hour with a 5 minute warm up/cool down

cardio:

my cardio session went about 80 minutes this morning with the intensity being fairly high, i was pleased with the energy level after struggling the first few minutes.

another 60 minutes cardio this evening with moderate intensity.

macronutrient breakdown:

calories- 2504
carbs- 219
protein- 292
fat- 60

all in all a good day, lol...assuming the next few hours go according to plan...
looking forward to day 13

mission551
05-18-2007, 01:24 PM
well, yesterday i decide to go off my ec stack because ive been on it for a while...and man do i notice a difference today. my energy for my morning cardio and workout today were really down. i had to drag myself to the gym for my leg, shoulder workout. i managed to keep up my strength in shoulders but i did a couple less reps on some of my leg workouts. i think i'l give it 1-2 weeks or till i start feeling normal before i go back on the stack.

tomorrow is weigh in day and...cheat/refeed day!!! for my refeed day i'm sticking to my clean foods and going for about 4000 calories. i will however have one cheat meal...sushi, i love it and its still fairly healthy (except the sodium) in the past, i've been known to go absolutely nuts on chea days and eat pizaa, burgers, chocolate etc. but everytime i get up the next morning my body feels like crap, and it's discouraging seeing your weight go up 2-6 lbs even if a lot of it is water weight.

so i'm gonna do a clean cheat day tomorrow, try to go about 1000 cals over maintenance, and stick to my clean foods, just increase the portions. tomorrow is also chest, bicep, ab day which i try to do on my cheat days because i feel like my chest needs the most development.

i'll update later tonight with todays' total breakdown

mission551
05-19-2007, 07:55 AM
so today is weigh in and measurement time, so here we go

weight- 168
waist- 37.8
body fat - 16.4
lbm- 140.5

from last week:

weight - 171 (-3 pounds)
waist - 38.3 (-.5 inches)

from start: (may 5th)

weight- 174.5 (down 6.5 lbs)
waist - 38.75(down 1 inch)
body fat - 18.5 (down 2.1 %)
lbm - 142 (down 1.5 lbs....not good)

so that's week 2. i think i'm dropping weight a bit too fast (not complaining ;) im probably underestimating the calories i burn during tennis so i'm gonna make a slight adjustment to my macro breakdown.

on my double cardio days (tennis) i'm gonna shoot for a 2700-2900 cal range which may seem high but on these days im usually playing at least 2 hours of competetive high level tennis plus doing weights.

on my single cardio days i'm gonna shoot for a 2400-2600 cal range with my breakdown still being approx 45-35-20 pro-car-fat ratio.

as for today...my cheat day i'm gonna aim to get 2500 cals from my regular foods, and then have one big cheat meal (sushi) and maybe a couple of beers
and of course the temptation will be too hard to resist to look at that scale in the morning so i'm sure ill post that up come tomorrow. overall happy with the progress, a little discouraged with the lbm loss but i suppose it's inevitable if im losing more then 2lbs. hopefully over the next few weeks i can try to keep that number up (do i dare hope even raise it a little?)

i will updaate later tonight or tomorrow....

heathershubby
05-19-2007, 01:05 PM
great to have a fellow canuck kicking it in the fat loss logs. That is great loss if you keep losing 3 lbs a week you may want to think about upping your cals a little bit. Oh and on the fiber thing I dont think there is anything as too much fiber unless you get stuck on the toilet all day lol

keep up the good work so you can show those yanks j/k whats up next year.

Repped

mission551
05-20-2007, 08:56 AM
well yesterday was my ceat day and despite my efforts to keep it clean it got a little out of hand...had some chocolate, ice cream, couple meals out. i would estimate my intake was probably close to 5000 cals...yikes. and of course i had to weigh myself this morning and good news...i was only up 2 lbs, expected more there, and on the plus side my waist stayed the same.

the good thing about yesterday though, is that it was my first day off in a while, meaning no cardio, weights etc. and it was much needed. so after 10 hours of sleep i'm feeling great and ready to get back to it harder than ever, and i'm gonna start by going for my 10k run right now

i will update at the endo of the day with my food and workout schedule for today

mission551
05-20-2007, 07:44 PM
well day 15 is coming to an end and here is my breakdown for today. i had a lot of energy on my morning run so i kept going( probably the stored glycogen)

11:00

1 cup oatmeal
1 scoop whey

12:00

did 1 hr of cardio today (ran about 12 k mostly at a steady pace with some light jogging/sprinting thrown in)

1:30 (pre-workout)

2 eggs, 4 whites
1pc whole wheat bread
salad w. light dressing

3:00 (immediately preworkout)

1 scoop whey w. bcaa's
1 hr weights(chest, biceps, abs)

4:15 (post workout)

2 scoops whey
2 slices bread w. 1 tbsp jam

6:00 (pre cardio/tennis)

200g minced turkey
200g asparagus
1 tbsp mustard
1/2 cup all bran cereal w. 1/2 cup skim milk

1.5 hours cardio/tennis
1 scoop whey during cardio

9:00

1 cup plain yougurt
35 g almonds

150g presse cottage cheese

so that's day 15.
total calories-2460
protein-260
carbs-206
fat-64

tomorrow the gym's still closed so ill just do my double cardio and stay within the 2300-2500 cals

mission551
05-21-2007, 07:31 PM
it seems like i'm going thre some withdrawal from e-c-y stack and my body feels terrible. i feel weak, tired, and i had a slight fever all day. may have not been the smartest thing but i still did my cardio ( tennis today) 75 minutes in the morning an 1 hour this evening. gym was closed so no workout today.

here is my breakdown for today:

total cals-2270
protein-212
carbs-209
fat-65

i'll see how my body feels tomorrow and decide whether it'll be beneficial for me to take a day off

mission551
05-22-2007, 05:14 PM
my withdrawal (or maybe i'm getting sick) took a slight turn last night, when i woke up with extreme chills for about 40 minutes to a point my body couldnt stop shivering, and actually had a couple of muscles cramp. today my body seems to be seesawing between feeling almst normal and going to weak and slight fever. i suppose thats what i get for taking a ecy stack for 2 months then going off it cold turkey(i ran out) the best i actually felt was when i did my weights today, for some reason my energy was up and i felt normal...afterwards tho...felt pretty rough. i'm feeling pretty good now and i'm gonna try a light cardio session ( tennis).

i have taken it easier as far as training since sunday, but i feel my body is still ok to keep going at a moderate level, meaning i'm not experiancing to many severe symptoms throughout the training and day. i feel like i'm fairly tuned to my body and i do think i'm still ok to train right now, just at a lighter pace. so i'll see how the night goes and post up my macronutrient breakdown later tonight. with all this my results may not be where i want them for sat but i should still be in a deficit (cals) so hopefully i'll still manage to see some small results

breakdown:

total cals-2375
protein-254
carbs-199
fat-62

mission551
05-23-2007, 06:15 PM
it looks like my body is starting to get back on track...i felt almost back to normal today, and it was a good day as far as training.

i did 90 minutes of cardio this morning (tennis) very high intensity, drank a shake with bcaa's during this.

i also worked out legs, shoulders today. here is my workout

done in circuits (6 in total in order)

hack squats, 6-10 reps at 360lbs
seated calf raises, 8-12 reps with 100lbs
hamstring curl machine, 6-10 reps at 120 lbs
overhead dumbbel press, 6-8 reps with 50 lbs each hand
internal and external hip flexors, 6-10 reps at 120lbs
bent over lateral raise, 8-12 reps with 15 lbs each

rest 2-3 minutes and repeat

finished off with 15 minutes of hiit on treadmill, sprinting at 9.5 mph, jogging at 6.5 mph 1 minute sprint/1 minute jog

the workout took 70 minutes in total. i think i really hit the legs hard, ill definitely feel it tomorrow.

diet was sound today, i increased the pre and post workout cals slightly because i expected to go a little more intense today, and cut them accordingly out of the rest of my meals. here is my total breakdown for today:

total cals- 2305
carbs-201
protein-265
fat-49

heathershubby
05-23-2007, 07:41 PM
my withdrawal (or maybe i'm getting sick) took a slight turn last night, when i woke up with extreme chills for about 40 minutes to a point my body couldnt stop shivering, and actually had a couple of muscles cramp. today my body seems to be seesawing between feeling almst normal and going to weak and slight fever. i suppose thats what i get for taking a ecy stack for 2 months then going off it cold turkey(i ran out) the best i actually felt was when i did my weights today, for some reason my energy was up and i felt normal...afterwards tho...felt pretty rough. i'm feeling pretty good now and i'm gonna try a light cardio session ( tennis).

i have taken it easier as far as training since sunday, but i feel my body is still ok to keep going at a moderate level, meaning i'm not experiancing to many severe symptoms throughout the training and day. i feel like i'm fairly tuned to my body and i do think i'm still ok to train right now, just at a lighter pace. so i'll see how the night goes and post up my macronutrient breakdown later tonight. with all this my results may not be where i want them for sat but i should still be in a deficit (cals) so hopefully i'll still manage to see some small results

breakdown:

total cals-2375
protein-254
carbs-199
fat-62

I know I read somewhere that ephedrine stores in your fat somtimes I wonder if when You are working out you body is dumping it as you burn cals and thats why your feeling normal.

P.S. I though E.C.A. was ballsy ephedrine and yohimbie ouch

mission551
05-23-2007, 08:00 PM
I know I read somewhere that ephedrine stores in your fat somtimes I wonder if when You are working out you body is dumping it as you burn cals and thats why your feeling normal.

P.S. I though E.C.A. was ballsy ephedrine and yohimbie ouch

yeah, for future if i'm gonna do a stack like that i won't go longer than 4 weeks and make sure i go off it gradually. i'm probably gonna give a low dose ec stack a go starting next week, my body should be back to normal. i don't think i'm gonna try to tackle that stack any time soon, i'll just have to push a little harder with the diet and training;)

mission551
05-25-2007, 06:42 AM
yesterday was a fairly good day, my cardio (tennis in the mroning went 2 hours) had a shake during this. it was my chest, biceps,abs day and the intensity was up with a slight increse in the weights for chest.

i don't know why i didn't start doing this earlier, but i started to run to my gym as a warmup, and run back home as a cool down or cardio. it's about a 10 minute run at a light jog so it makes for a great warm-up and a little cardio at the end. beats walking there with my gym bag and all my post workout food. this way i still have my post meal within 20 minutes of working out...saves me a little time as well.

the only bad thing about yesterday is i had a league/tournament doubles match at night and i ended up going about 6 hours without any food. my match went about 2 hours and it was fairly intense...i did have a fairly large pre-meal, but then we stayed till the rest of our team finished. afterwards the other team hosted a little backyard party with only pizza, beer, and cookies, and unfortunetly i was at the mercy of my drive home (i don't drive)
i didnt have a single beer, pizza or cookie...this seems to be getting easier to resist.so by the time i got home, i havent eaten for 6 hours, did 2 hours of fairly intense cardio, and was starving, but it was also close to bedtime.

in cases like this would i be ok to have some high glycemic carbs even if it's pre bed or should i avoid them and just have my casein. i think my body was needing some carbs at this point. i ended up having a cup of yogurt which gave me 16g carbs and my casein for the night. i know i can avoid this by bringing some food, protein with me but i honestly expected to be home soon after my match.

anyways, i know the breakdown was low for yesterday for the training i did(close to 4 hours cardio plus weights) and i know if i do this often im just asking for a catabolic environment, but ill def try to plan better for the future

total cals- 2200
carbs-202
protein-235
fat-44

mission551
05-25-2007, 08:12 PM
for my cardio this morning i did a 10 k run (about 45 mins) at moderate intensity. it's the best i've felt all week and my energy levels were up there.
for the gym i hit back, triceps and traps (similar to workout previously posted)
did some hiit for my run home, only about 8 minutes.

really good day, i seems like it's the most energy i've had since going off my e-c-y stack and i think my body is back to "normal" i won't list specific diet and workout a lot since i'm a slow/lazy typer but it's basicaly very close to some of my other examples previously posted.

here's the breakdown for today:

total cals-2370
protein-261
carbs-178
fat-60

tomorrow is weigh in...not expecting great results here, it's been a rough week...i've stuck to the diet perfectly, but with the whole e-c-y stack withdrawal, feeling sick, and missinng some cardio sessions compared to last week, we'll see...

mission551
05-26-2007, 07:57 AM
some mixed feelings about this weigh in, but i guess their were a lot of different factors that came into play. i will measure my bf% and lean mass every 2 weeks so today was just a weight/waist measurement.

here we go:

sat may 26:
weight- 168lbs
waist- 37.6

from last week:

weight- 168 (same)
waist- 37.6 (down.2 inches)

from start ( sat may 5th)

weight- 174.5 (down 6.5 lbs)
waist- 38.8 (down 1.2 inches)

i suppose i cant be too dissapointed , i managed to lower the waist slightly while keeping my weight the same. i guess i can contribute the lack of weight loss to these factors: even though my diet was near perfect

- last sat i went overboard on my cheat day
- i went of my e-c-y stack
- i had a few less double cardio days from previous weeks
- the withdrawal left me week and slightly sick for most of the week

so with all that i guess i should still be happy with that, it is only 1 week, i did focus more on the weights this week, but my body is feeling great again and i'll definitely amp it up this week. i think i'll keep my macros the same, i think i'm still in an optimal fat burning range. i'm also throwing in a light dose ec stack starting monday.

so thats week 3, happy with the program so far. today is my day off from weights/cardio so i'm just gonna relax and go golfing this afternoon (my shakes are already packed lol)

mission551
05-26-2007, 07:55 PM
it was a nice relaxing day today, but let me tell you, golf is a VERY frustrating sport. now i know i'm terrible and i should just have fun with it, but i couldnt help to get frustrated. i still had plenty of fun and it was nice to get out with some buddies, but sometimes i'm just too damn competetive.

here is my diet for today:

9:00 am

1/3 cut steel cut oats
1 scoop whey

2 eggs, 4 whites
2 cups mixe veggies
1 pc of some awful bread that had like 50 cals(thought id try it...mistake)

3:00

1 protein bar (on the golf course)
1 scoop whey

6:00 (still on the golf course)

25 almonds
1 apple
1 scoop whey

150 g extra lean ground beef
1 cup veggies (peas and carrots)
30 g skim mozzarella

11:00 (bedtime...2 hours away, decided to stay in tonight)

1.5 scoops casein

total macros for the day:

cals-2050
carbs-139
protein-230
fat-62

i was happy to have this nice relaxing day...exept for lacking golf skills lol and i am ready to get back hardcore tomorrow. i'm hoping to get a 2-3 lb weight loss this week, or i guess more importantly a nice drop in bf%. no tennis tomorrow so i think i'll go for a 40-50 minute run in the morning...try to get a better 10k time have myself some food then hit the gym for legs, shoulders

mission551
05-27-2007, 05:48 PM
due to the rain today, my second cardio session(tennis) was cancelled, but maybe it's for the best because i absolutely killed my legs today. i'm a little bored right now so i'll post my whole day

8:15

1/3 cup steel cut oats
1 scoop whey

9:45 (pre cardio)

1/2 scoop whey with bcaas
ec stack
50 minutes of cardio, did steady pace today, about 6+ miles running between 6.8/7.5mph

11:00 ( would normally have egg protein with some veggies here)

1 cup skim milk
1 serving syntha 6, got a free sample...this stuff tastes awesome

2:00 (90 minutes pre-workout)

1 cup veggies
1/4 cup oats
150 g fish...sole

3:15 (pre-workout)

1 scoop whey
10 minute light jog to the gym

3:30 (workout, legs, shoulder)

legg press free weights 410lbs *12,10,8,6 360 lbs *8,6
hamstring curl 120lbs*10,9,8,7,6 last set was a drop set
calf raise alternated between sitting with 90lbs, to one leg body weight
external and internal obliques, machine at 120 lbs

for my shoulders i did front lateral, side lateral, and bent over lateral raises
workout took 60 minutes

about 7 minutes hiit run home (lol, it was pouring rain out too)

4:45 (post-workout)

2 scoops whey
1 bagel with jam

120 g extra lean ground beef
200g asparagus
80 g low fat tofu

9:00

20 almonds
1/2 cup yogurt
30 g skim mozzarella

1.5 scoops casein

totals:
cals-2360
carbs-194 (33%)
pro-285 (48%)
fat-49 (19%)

mission551
05-28-2007, 06:43 PM
i'm off to see pirates 3 in about half an hour so i'll post up my day. it is a late show which means i won't get too bed till about 2 but oh well. i think this will be the first time as long as i can remember where i won't eat any popcorn (with that sodium drenched flavors as well...mmmm) i'll down a shake and seome almonds before the movie, then just have my casein when i get home.

1/3 cup oats
scoop of whey

10:00

75 minutes cardio (tennis)
bcaa's

12:30 (pre workout)

1/4 cup oats
2 eggs, 2 whites
1/5 cups veggies

1:45

scoop whey
1/2 apple

2:00(chest, biceps abs)

chest:

incline db press 5 sets at 65lbs each hand 6-12 rep range
decline db press 5 sets at 65 6-12
flat flye 5 sets 30 lbs 6-12 reps

biceps:

db curl 35 lbs 6-10 rep range
bb curl 65 lbs 6-10 rep range
last set i did curls 35 to failure, 25 to failure, and 15 to failure

abs:

hanging leg raises 5 sets
decline sit ups with medicine ball (alternated with twists for obliques)
10 inute jog home

3:15

2 scoops whey
1 plain bagel
1 tbsp jam

5:30

1/2 cup yogurt
150g turkey breast
1 cup veggie (green beans, wax beans, carrots)

25 almonds
100g pressed cottage cheese

10:00 (before movie)

1 serving syntha 6 protein (my last sample)
10 almonds

1:30 am (bedtime)

1.5 scoops casein

2:00

try to get 7 hours of sleep and repeat;)

totals for day 23:
cals-2310
carbs-181
protein-264
fat-55

mission551
05-30-2007, 09:57 AM
well yesterday was a pretty hectic day. my morning cardio ended up going 2.5 hours (it was a match). i hit the gym afterwards, did back, triceps, forearms. and the i had another match in the evening which ended up going 1.5 hours. so by the endo of the day i did 4 hours of cardio plus 1 hour of weights.

not exactly optimal for retaining muscle, but im sure i burned a nice bit of fat lol. now i tried to compensate by eating more calories yesterday but it was actually tough for me to get them all in, and i had about half my calories after 6pm, even though i did my second cardio at 9. i wont post my diet, but it was similar to previous ones just larger portions.

breakdown:
cals-2930
carbs-284
protein-308
fat-67

now if i had to guess i would say my calorie expenditure was around 5000 cals if not more, so i know if anything, i didnt eat enough. i still feel a little guilty though lol, eating 3000 cals after being steady in the 2200-2400 range.

well today was gonna be my off day in the gym, but i'm gonna make it my off day for everything. after yesterday my body is totally spent, so i'm just gonna relax and run a few errands today. my legs are killing me, so i think ill listen to my bdy and give it a day to recover.

mission551
05-31-2007, 08:58 PM
yesterday was an off day for me, no cardio or weights, i just ran errands all day. i suppose i did a couple hours worth of steady walking so it wasn't just a sit around day.

my breakdown for yesterday was
cals-2220
carbs-166
protein-222
fat-72

today was back to normal

1/3 cup oats
1 scoop whey

1 cup yogurt
bcaa's

10:00-11:30

1.5 hours cardio (tennis) high intensity, really hot and humid today, had the heart rate going pretty high

1 whole grain waffle w pb
2 eggs, 4 whites

3:00

salad w light dressing
40g low fat cheese (also low in sodium)
2 cups veggies
threw all these together...made for a pretty tasty salad

5:00 (pre cardio)

150g lean beef
1/2 cup quinoe (tried this for the first time...still prefer steel cut oats but not too bad)

6:00 (right before cardio)
1 scoop whey
couple all bran crackers

6:00-7:30

1.5 hours of fairly intense cardio (tennis)

protein bar(all i could get my hands on at the time)

10:30 (bedtime)

1 scoop casein
1/2 cup cottage cheese

totals:
cal-2300
carbs-179
protein-224
fat-79

the last 2 days i've had a bit more fat in my diet, maybe about 20-30g more then normal and i'm feeling better, less hungry. so i think i might try to get my fat in the 60-75 range from now and maybe cut a few more carbs, or cycle. weigh in and measurement day on sat, pretty excited, it will mark the end of week 4 and im curious as to what the numbers will be like

mission551
06-01-2007, 04:59 PM
today i had to help a friend move in the afternoon so i didn't get a chance to go the gym, but i treated the move like a workout with the regular pre/post nutrition. i did 75 minutes of cardio this morning and am on my way for another 90 minutes(tennis).

tomorrow is my cheat day/refeed but i'm gonna try something new. on my previous cheats i usually went overboard as it is very difficult for me once i get a taste of cheat foods to stop at a sensible amount, and i normally consume 6000+ cals no prob, and feel guilty afterwards. so basically i'm just gonna get rid of any temptation and not let myself have any cheats, i will however eat all my clean foods but have about 500 cals above maintenance, achieving the benefits of a refeed day.

with one session of cardio and leg day in the gym(i try to get my largest muscle group on cheat days to get max results from a anabolic environment)
i'm gonna say i would expend 3200-3500 cals, so i'm aiming for about 4000-4200 cals tomorrow, with about 550 from carbs, 250 from pro, and about 90-100 from fats. the main thing is i will basically triple my carb portions and keep the protein and fat relatively close to what i've been at.

my breakdon for today:
cals-2395
carbs-185
protein-247
fat-74

mission551
06-02-2007, 07:10 AM
well here are the measurements for week 4

weight- 166.5
waist- 37.25
bodyfat%-15.5
lbm-140.7

from last week:

weight- down 1.5 lbs
waist- down.4 inches
body%- down 1% (2 weeks ago)
lbm- up .2 lbs ( 2 weeks ago)

from start: this marks 4 weeks exact

weight- 174.5 - 166.5, total loss of 8 lbs
waist 38.75 - 37.25, total loss of 1.5 inches
body% 18.5 - 15.5, total loss of 3%
lbm 142 - 140.7, total loss of 1.3 lbs (still above 140 so happy)

well there are the totals for week 4, pretty happy with that, but now it's time for some clean refeed. those numbers are as acurate as i can get, i use a 4 point caliper and try to get as exact as i humanly can.

8 weeks left, want that bf% in single digits come august, i'll update my diet later today

heathershubby
06-02-2007, 09:09 AM
well here are the measurements for week 4

weight- 166.5
waist- 37.25
bodyfat%-15.5
lbm-140.7

from last week:

weight- down 1.5 lbs
waist- down.4 inches
body%- down 1% (2 weeks ago)
lbm- up .2 lbs ( 2 weeks ago)

from start: this marks 4 weeks exact

weight- 174.5 - 166.5, total loss of 8 lbs
waist 38.75 - 37.25, total loss of 1.5 inches
body% 18.5 - 15.5, total loss of 3%
lbm 142 - 140.7, total loss of 1.3 lbs (still above 140 so happy)

well there are the totals for week 4, pretty happy with that, but now it's time for some clean refeed. those numbers are as acurate as i can get, i use a 4 point caliper and try to get as exact as i humanly can.

8 weeks left, want that bf% in single digits come august, i'll update my diet later today

I would rep you if I could you are doing awsome man keep it up I am very impressed.

mission551
06-02-2007, 10:36 AM
I would rep you if I could you are doing awsome man keep it up I am very impressed.

thank you, you're doing an awesome job yourself, we gotta represent canada here lol ;)

mission551
06-02-2007, 06:37 PM
i'm very happy with today. i didn't "cheat" as i have in the past and i commited to doing a clean refeed, and it feels better then any cheat ever has in the past. i actually found it difficult to meet my macros today, i was constantly full. here is my day:

9:00 (breakfast, pre-workout)

3/4 cup oats
1 egg, 4 whites
10 almonds

10:45 (right before workout)

1 scoop whey
few all bran crackers
1 apple

1 hr weights + 10 minute run to/from the gym
very intense leg and shoulder workout

12:15 (post workout)

2 scoops whey
1 banana
1 plain bagel
2 tbsp jam

2:15

200g lean beef
1 whole grain waffle
1 teaspoon butter
1 cup veggies
70g brown rice (dry, made about 2 cups cooked)
4:15 (pre cardio, tennis)

1/2 cup oats
1 scoop whey
10 almonds

5:15

75 minutes cardio (tennis) it was very hot and humid

6:30 (post cardio)

1 protein bar (kind of a cheat food for me)
1 banana

1 cup fiber 1 cereal
1.5 cup milk
20 almonds

1 pc twelve grain bread
1tbsp natty pb
1 tbsp jam

11:00(bedtime)

1.5 scoops casein

totals
cals-4100
carbs-498
protein-305
fat-98

i suppose that's pretty similar to what a bulk diet would be for me, my guess is i was about 500-800 cals above maintenance today.

and tomorrow week 5 begins, i'm going to keep my macros the same for another week or so see my progress and then maybe lower 100-200 cals starting week 6.

mission551
06-03-2007, 07:21 AM
allright, i got my hands on a camera and snapped some pics yesterday. unfortunetly i don't have any from the beginning so these were taken at 4 weeks in and 15.5% bf. and yes i will clean bulk when i finish my cut...although i'm not sure how "clean" it will be because i'll be living on campus in the states.

my legs have always been my strongest bodypart and i carry virtually no fat there, i suppose it's from years of competetive tennis. there is a little bit of lose/brown skin on my lower abdominal. i'm hoping this will tighten up with time...it's been hanging around for some time.

at the age of 16 i weighed 240 lbs with virtually no muscle and was 2 inches shorter, when i decide i was going to try to play tennis at a more competetive level (i played recreationally for years, lessons etc.) i had no knowledge of proper nutrition or training, and went on a 1200-1500 cal diet (i also cringe at that now) and lost 75 lbs in 3.5 months. while def not a good way to drop weight it worked, and i was pretty fit ever since.

obviously i've taken years to educate myself on training and nutrition,with the help of some friends who are personal trainers and a couple friends who are into bodybuilding seriously. and i take great solace in knowing that with my knowledge and experiance i can never fall back into an unhealthy lifestyle (to that extent). it's something i also may plan on pursuing...nutritionist/trainer, i still haven't decided.

wow, that sounds like a thread starter, not a post in the middle of my cut, but i was explaining the origin of my slightly loose skin lol, and kinda started ranting. here are the pics lol

mission551
06-03-2007, 04:42 PM
back to the diet after refeed today. had tons of energy today...guess the refeed worked. only had one cardio session(not including the light jog to the gym) but it was very intense, did 75 minutes(tennis) and it was very humid today, the heart rate was up the whole time and i was pouring sweat. worked out chest, biceps, abs today.

macros for today:
cals-2400
carbs-214
protein-255
fat-59

tomorrow it's back to double cardio, probably about 75-90 minutes each session so ill up the cals to about 2600

mission551
06-04-2007, 10:33 AM
well i woke up this morning and everything was wet and it was still drizzling, so their went my morning cardio (tennis). but no rain was gonna stop me, so i had my whey and oats for breakfast, waited 1 hour, popped my eca (and some bcaa's) and went for a 10 k run. now this was the best i've felt on a run in a long time. i did my 10k in about 45 minutes, and as i was approaching my street i still had plenty of energy so i squeezed out another 2k. total was about 55 minutes, kept my heart rate in the 60-70% range the whole time. using calculators on bb it says i burned about 850 cals, but i don't know how accurate that is, my body is used to long distances(i've ran some decent half-marathons before)

i'm posting this for no other reason then i have some spare time on my hands and i will update on my diet and workouts later tonight. i'm eating my preworkout meal soon then i'll head on over to the gym for back, tricep, forearm day, then another cardio session tonight around 8:30

i also just found out that my gym is gonna be closed from the 11th to the 22th, which means i'm gonna have to workout at my other fitness club, which takes me about 45 min to get to, on the plus side they have a very nice sauna and whirlpool ;) right now i'm just working out at a local rec center, which is nice because it's 5 min away and it's fairly small and not busy during the times i go, but for 10 days i guess i'll have to trek it out to my other gym.

mission551
06-04-2007, 03:47 PM
allright here's the diet for today. i inputed my activities, etc. in the bb calculators and it said i was at about 4000 cals expenditure (assuming evening cardio goes to plan, but i dont know how accurate that is)

9:00 (precardio)

1/3 cup oats
1 scoop whey

10:15

.5 scoop whey w. bcaa's

1 hr cardio (about a 12k run)

11:45

2 eggs, 4 whites
1 cup yougurt

2:00 (preworkout)

1/4 cup oats
150g turkey
1.5 cups veggies (broc****, cauliflower, carrots)

3:30

1 scoop whey
5 almonds
1hr workout, back, triceps, forearms
10 minute jog to/from the gym

5:00(post workout)

1.5 scoops whey
1 plain bagel with a tbsp light jam

7:00 (pre-cardio)

150g turkey
1 cup veggies
1/2 scoop whey (to add to the taste of the quinoa mainly)
45g quinoa

8:45

1 pc twelve grain bread
10 almonds
bcaa's

2 pc bread (some body wise bread, 60 cals a slice and 6 g protein, i need some high gi carbs here even if it's close to bed, only 14 g carbs for the 2 slices)
10 almonds
.5 scoop whey

11:15(bedtime)

1.5 scoops casein

totals:
cals-2760
carbs- 219
pro- 303
fat-71

mission551
06-05-2007, 02:31 PM
a bit of a slower day today, just had one cardio session this morning...tennis for about75 minutes, and i'm off to hit the weights now, decide to try an evening workout just for the sake of mixing it up a little.

1/3 cup oats (steel cut)
1 scoop whey

water w. bcaa's sipped on this during cardio
75 minutes moderate intensity cardio (tennis)

1/2 cup yougurt
1 cup veggies
2 eggs, 4 whites

150 g lean ground beef
75 g soybeans
salad w. light dressing

6:00 (preworkout)

1/4 cup oats
1/2 scoop whey (for the oats)
100g lean beef
2 cups veggies

7:30

1 scoop whey
1 hr weights, legs, shoulders abs today

9:00( postworkout)

1 bagel w. light jam
1.5 scoops whey

1.5 scoops casein

totals:
cals-2260
car-169
pro-246
fat- 55

mission551
06-06-2007, 06:42 PM
a bit of a busy day today, didn't get a chance to go to they gym, but i still did a double cardio session today. was running errand and couldnt quite fit all my macros today, but i went a little lower carb to mix things up

9:00 (breakfast, pre cardio

1/3 cup oats
1 scoop whey

1 pc bread w no fat cheese spread

10:45

1:00

1 whole grain flax waffle w. light margarine
1 egg, 4 whites

3:15 (pre cardio)

125g lean beef
1 whole grain waffle
2 cups veggies (green beans, wax beans, carrots)
1/2 cup yogurt

4:30

1/2 cup yogurt w .5 scoop whey
125g lean beef
2 cups veggies
150 g lettuce with a touch of light dressing

light jello (40 cals, 2g carbs, 8 g protein, took care of my sugar craving)

9:15

1pc bread (60 cals, 7g carbs)
25g light cheese

1.5 scoops casein

totals:
cals-2020
carbs-133
protein-219
fat-65

i have a tournament this weekend, starting friday, so the gym is taking a back seat for 2 days, i will continue with the double cardio. i will try to saty within my calorie range for friday but obviously my match takes priority, so i will drop the fat and protein and up the carbs and try to still stay within 2300-2500. i'll treat it like a mini refeed day

mission551
06-07-2007, 07:52 PM
double cardio today, 90 minutes (tennis in the morning) 90 minutes in the evening (doubles, light intensity)

macros
cals-2055
carbs-180
pro-228
fat-50

mission551
06-08-2007, 05:31 PM
allright well i'm off to my tournaments site in a few minute so ill do a quick update. i had a brief 30 minute warm up this morning and then i'm playing my tournament match tonight at 9. due to the rain my match was pushed back later. unfortunetly i drew one of the countries best players in the first round so i have my work cut out for me. as far as macros today i should be at about:

cals- 2400-2500
protein- 140-150
carbs- 250-300 (with about 100 coming pre and during my match)
fat- about 50

obviously i had to have more carbs for my tourney tonight, so ill treat today as a mini refeed day. all the food has been typical of my previous days, a bit more grains, less meat.

weigh in tomorrow, but we'll see if my body stores any water weight from the change today.

mission551
06-09-2007, 08:39 AM
unfortunetly i lost my match yesterday, but i managed to keep it fairly tight and played pretty well, no prize money for me this time :( because of the tournament and my prep for it i hit the gym 4 times last week as opposed to 6. and i had a higher carb day yesterday with about 900 cals coming in within 4 hours of bed (late match)

maybe theres something behind not training as intensely as i have been, because the numbers are a little surprising. i decided to mesure my bodyfat weekly now, and i'll have some progress pics every 2 weeks (next week)

sat, june 9th

weight- 166
waist- 37
body% 14.6
lbm- 141.7

from last week

weight - .5lbs
waist- down .25inches (would like this around .5 a week)
body% down .9 (surprised here, but a def drop with the caliper test)
lbm- up 1 lb (this is where i was shocked, pleasantly tho ;)

from start: (5 weeks)

weight- down 8.5 lbs
waist- down 1.75 inches
body%- down 3.9%
lbm - down .3 lbs (very happy with only .3 drop in 5 weeks)

well that sums up week#5 back to the weights and cardio today, refeed is next sat, along with some pics.

mission551
06-09-2007, 08:48 PM
back to it today, had a single cardio session and a weight sesion today (chest, biceps, abs)

11:00 (breakfast)

1/3 cup oats
1 scoop whey

2:00 (pre workout)

125 g lean chicken
75g soybeans
1 cup veggies (bro****, carrots)
1 whole grain flax waffle w. a touch of light marg.

3:15

1 scoop whey w. bcaa's

1 hr weights + 10 minute jog to/from the gym
did circuit training with incline, decline, flat bb and db press, concentration curls, barbell curls, and weighted ab excercises

4:45 (postworkout)

1.5 scoops whey
1 bagel w. tbsp jam

6:15 (precardio)

120g turkey
100g soybeans
1pc 12grain bread
100g lettuce w. a touch of light dressing(15cals)

30 minutes tennis(partner got injured)
30 minute jog (about 6k, heart rate 65-75% range)

9:30(post cardio)

1 cup hommeade pudding w. 2 tbsp unsweetened coconut, man this tasted awesome, a little high in carbs but not too bad. (360 cals, 39g carbs, 34g protein, 8g fat)

11:30

1.5 scoop casein

totals:
cals-2270
carbs-213
pro-242
fat-57

tomorrow i'll go lower carb, 150 range, and higher fat, around 80

mission551
06-11-2007, 07:03 AM
well, i'm going to say yesterday was a cheat day. i don't know what happened but after 35 days of pretty well perfect dieting and excecising, i fell off the wagon. it was a day off for me and just sat around, and once i started with one cheat food, all hell broke loose. i'm not gonna list the foods or even look at the scale till sat, but i guess with the results ive had i let my guard down a little. let's just say i feel like crap about yesterday and it was gross, but i suppose once every 5 weeks isnt too bad.

i'm more motivated then ever right now though, and we'll put yesterday behind us, i'm off to my morning cardio right now with tons of energy(gotta love the stored glycogen;)

i'll hope to be at 165 by next weigh in, thats a 1 lb drop plus whatever i gained yesterday, along with about 4lbs water weight

mission551
06-12-2007, 06:55 AM
back on track yesterday, i had 2 cardio sessions, 90 minutes each and a hour workout, back, triceps, forearams

macros:
cals-2555
car-222
pro-273
fat-60

mission551
06-13-2007, 09:12 AM
yesterday was a busy day, i had 2 cardio session, which totaled 3.5 hours(tennis) and i did legs, shoulders, abs in the gym.

macros for yesterday:
cals-2505
carbs- 217
pro-270
fat-56

today i decided to do a 10k run and time myself on the track. i like to do this once every 2 weeks or so to see where my running is at. i did my first 5 k in 20:34 and my 10 k was 44:38. i think at my peak shape i was running a 5 k in about 19 and a 10k in just over 40. so still a little bit off, but it was after my leg day, so we'll see in a couple of weeks

now i'm of to the gym for chest, biceps. i also have a tourney this weekend so no gym on friday or sat, but i'll still do a light back, tri workout tomorrow

mission551
06-13-2007, 06:58 PM
well like i said earlier, just had the one cardio session, 10k run but i maxed out and was totally spent afterwards, and i hit the weights for chest, abs, biceps.

with some of the long cardio session i realize i'm probably not in the best environment for keeping my lean mass, but i've managed to with good nutrition, and taking bcaa's and eaa's pre-during-post longer then 45 minute or very intense cardio sessions to keep my lbm within .5 lbs from where i started from, so i'm happy with my plan so far.

i think i'll see where i am at week 7 (10 more days) hopefully i'll be at about 13%bf then do some tweaking with the cut. i think my body is adapting too well to all the intense training, and i can't physically do much more then i'm doing now; 3-4 hours cardio, sometimes very intense (tennis training,matches etc.) and 1 hr weights 6 days a week. so i'll have to look towards my diet whe it gets to that point, possibly try some carb cycling, or zig zag.

i still feel guilty about sunday...lost control of the cut for the first time so far, and started eating everything in sight. i know it's probably a good boost to the metabolism etc. but i would've prefered to stick to my clean refeed as oppose to a dirty cheat day. i feel as i've almost lost a week of progress because of it, but we'll see come sat. i suppose one slip up in 40 days shouldn't be cause for complaint but i can't help it, i like to be in total control of everything involved in my training and diet.

macros for today
cals-2390
car-194
pro-264
fat-64

tomorrow is another double cardio, with the evening being a light session (doubles) and a light workout in the gym because i have a tournament starting friday evening. depending on my tournament schedule i'll try to post up my weekly measurements and some pics on sat.

mission551
06-15-2007, 06:50 AM
had my double cardio, no weights yesterday

macros:
cals-2130
carbs-180
pro-204
fat-66

mission551
06-17-2007, 07:34 AM
i had my tourhnamnet this weekend so i didn't count macros, obviously i had more carbs, less protein, fat. i will do my weigh in tomorrow but will likely be carrying a little water weight from the extra carbs. on the plus side no tournaments for 2 weeks so i can get back on track and keep the loss steady.

mission551
06-18-2007, 06:53 AM
well i did my measurements today and a little surprised here. i guess i'm carrying some water weight from the weekend, where i ate a a fair bit of clean carbs for my tournamnent

mon may18 (6 weeks)
weight- 168
waist-37.25
bf%14.9
lbm- 143

from last week

weight- up 2 lbs
waist- up.25
bf- up .3%
lbm- up 1.3lbs (not sure how)

from those measurements it seems i put on a bit of lean mass, not sure how acuurate that is. but i'm def back on track now, no more distractions coming, and macros will be down to a tee.

this would be the halfway point so these are the totals so far, slow and staedy for 6 weeks. i wouldve liked the progrees to be quicker then this tho

weight- down 7 lbs from start
waist- down 1.5 inches
bf% down 2.6%
lbm up 1lb (can't complain there)

hopefully this week was a bit of water weight and ill shoot for 165 for next weigh in.

mission551
06-18-2007, 08:52 PM
i am totally spent, i ended up doing 4 hours of cardio(tennis) and 1hr weights today, my schedule was busy and i couldnt fit in all my food, but i still got about 2500, and i'm guessing my expenditure was at LEAST 3500

cals-2435
carbs-215
pro-260
fat-59

mission551
06-20-2007, 01:30 PM
had one session of cardio today, and will do an evening lift tonight, back, tris, forearms.

macros for today
cals-2265
car-191
pro-255
fat-58

and this is a pic of how i track my macros lol, everyday, for 46 days now. i have a nice stack going

mission551
06-21-2007, 08:28 PM
double cardio today, 75 min in the morning 75 in the evening, did chest, biceps, abs in the gym today. so far my strength has remained basically the same, no noticable changes in weight or rep range, so at least im still keeping my strength up

cals-2415
car-210
pro-261
fat-54

mission551
06-22-2007, 08:36 PM
single cardio today, 90 minutes and 1hr weights (legs,shoulders)

tomorrow ill do measurements but it's been only 5 days from last weigh in, but it's just to get back to my sat weigh ins again.

todat's macros:

cals-2405
carb-163
pro-260
fat- 78

mission551
06-23-2007, 08:06 AM
surprised by the measurements again this week, i'm not sure if it's quite what i wanted to go for. i again dropped a bit of bf% and gained a bit of lean mass so i guess my diet is on key. i was going for more of a fat loss then this but i'm somehow managing to gain a bit of muscle when i go at this slow and steady pace, so i guess i can't complain. it looks like i'm doing between a cut and a clean bulk with the numbers lately. anyways here are the numbers for this week.

sat june 23rd
weight- 167.5
waist-37
bf%- 14.3%
lbm- 143.6

so with .5 lbs i dropped a quearter inch off the waist, gained .6lb lean mass and drpped.6 bf. i guess i can't ask for better results then that.

from last week (5 days actually)

weight- down .5 lbs
waist- down .25 inches
bf% - down .6%
lbm up .6 lbs

from start: (7 weeks today)

weight- down 7.5 lbs
waist- down 1.75 inches
bf%- down 4.3%
lbm- up 1.6 lbs ( and who says you can't gain lean mass while cutting ;)

i guess i'll stick with this diet for now, no cycling yet, the numbers are looking good, even if the weight drop is a bit slow, if im managing to put on some lean mass i'll stick with what's working for now

mission551
06-24-2007, 07:51 PM
i had a cheat/refeed day yesterday, i was around 4000 cals with about 500 g carbs. today i only had 1 cardio session which went 2 hours though, had proetein and bcaa's during this. because of the cheat day i really wasnt that hungry today do my macros were a little low

cals-1905
car-120
pro-195
fat-75

mission551
06-26-2007, 11:41 AM
did a 10k track run in the morning (43:24 min) weights (back tricep forearm, and had a 90 min cardio session in the evening(tennis)

macros
cals-2470
car-217
pro-262
fat-66

mission551
06-28-2007, 07:28 AM
i hurt my hamstring yesterday so there was no cardio, but i got a solid workout session in, chest, biceps, abs

macros:
cal-2240
car-182
pro-247
fat-56

mission551
06-30-2007, 08:32 AM
weigh in day today

this week has been a little slow, i hurt my hamstring so while i've been able to keep doing my workouts, i havent done cardio in a couple days.

weight- 167
waist- 37.25
bf% 14.2
lbm- 143.75

from last week

weight- down .5lb
waist- same
bf% down .1%
lbm- up .15 lb

mission551
07-01-2007, 01:49 PM
time to buckle down this week, my diet has been relatively good but not clean enough to be dropping significant bf, so everyday this week ill keep my macros in the 2300-2500 range, and i will not touch the tape measure or look at the scale till next sat.

macros for yesterday
cal-2500
pro-260
car-240
fat-53