PDA

View Full Version : What's the best diet plan?

RememberMe
05-15-2007, 04:03 AM
Heres the dealio, I'm stuck at about 11-12% bf and want to get down to 9ish, i tried keto for the past 3 weeks and im losing weight, but based on the calipers etc and the scale im starting to lose a good amount of muscle since i started the keto diet and when i was just eating a balanced diet with low calories and doing cardio i was burning more fat and less muscle.. Any suggestions? I need to know if carbs are okay or fat is bad or high protein diet is good? I wish someone could answer this age old question easily lol. :)

RememberMe
05-15-2007, 04:38 AM
anyone please?

kdubs
05-15-2007, 05:21 AM
Game Over (http://cutdiet.com)

musclechow
05-15-2007, 05:29 AM
Doesn't matter what anyone says... individul response is the ultimate answer.

Since you say you are losing muscle on a keto then I'd say to stop. (That is assuming you are doing keto proper -- read up on Lyle McDonald's work.)

There is no need to go keto to get down to single digit bf although the rules do change.

o It might not be enough simply creating a calorie deficit.
o Structure your cut over a time period.
o Keep plateau busters on hand, i.e. do not use all solutions (carb cycling, increasing expenditure, decreasing calories, fatburner supplements, etc.) at once but rather introduce them at intervals of 1-2 weeks. This is to shock the system and overcoming the body's adaptive mechanism.

One thing though, assuming single digit bf is not your natural setpoint, your body will start to hate you at 9% and below. Be mentally prepared.

birdy247
05-15-2007, 05:49 AM
Surely you have answered your old question. If it was working before, go back to that. Keep your protein at about 1-1.5 g per lb. Fats should be about .3/.4 g per lb and complex carbs should make up the rest, expect post workout, get some simple ones down your neck.

RememberMe
05-15-2007, 06:40 AM
it could be water loss or not, im not sure, seeing how im doing my bf measurements by doing scale and abdomen size and using calculators online, its showing that since i started keto, im losing about 50/50 ratio of fat/muscle but fat/muscle could be glycogen stores lowering and water decreasing no way of knowing for sure lol