PDA

View Full Version : whole wheat whole grain

bm26
05-13-2007, 11:05 PM
what do you all think of uncle bens whole wheat whole grain instant 90 second microwavable brown rice? I looked at the ingredients and doesnt seem to have anything bad in there.

anyone you try the frozen multigrain whole wheat waffles? and what are your thoughts on them?

DutchDynamite
05-14-2007, 03:22 AM
brown rice i eat daily. its good, uncle ben must be no difference.

the waffles i don't know how many fat/butter/oil they put inside them though. i would suggest to take it easy with them. i started to eat wheat tortillas, low fat, low carb and delicious as a wrap with chicken, salsa, lettuce and cottage cheese

skinnyboipgh
05-14-2007, 04:55 AM
That's about the only difference I can see in the nutrition facts. Instant rice is totally precooked, then dehydrated, that's what makes it cook so fast. Certainly not a minimally-processed food if that's an issue.

My African-American heritage is offended by the name "Uncle Ben" :(

I don't care 4 the consistency of instant rice either, but nothing wrong with it from a purely nutritional standpoint.

stormshadow13
05-14-2007, 06:10 AM
Nothing wrong with the rice you have posted. But the best thing to do is invest in a rice cooker/veggie steamer. You can make tons of brown rice much cheaper than buying Uncle Ben's. And you can also use it for steaming all sorts of veggies also.

And I make all my whole grain waffles myself. Taste much better that way IMO.