PDA

View Full Version : My Journal: Off with the fat, on with the New bathing suit

Pages : [1] 2

Goalie_Girl
05-13-2007, 04:54 PM
Well here it is, my new fat loss jounral. I may not be obese like some here but I have had my troubles with weight all my life and have always been overweight. I never had good self image and although I have a confident personality I have always felt uncomforatble with myself.

So here we go, time to shed the pounds and become the best me I can be, in life and in my sport. I am a hockey goaltender. I want to be healthy and fit and I want people to admire me because I did it naturually with hard work.

Time for a few pics:

My start: Apri; 2, 2007. At my all time high of 163 pounds I realised my weight was getting the best of me. I'm not obese but I am overweight and the scale was always slowly climbing pound by pound, I decided now was the time to change.

http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com//img/538296/progresspic/21668orig.jpg

Just beginning: April 21, 2007. I thought I was doing awesome, I lost 6.5 pounds easy within a week. Most was water weight and returned very shortly. I didn't notice much of a difference but I felt better because I knew I was doing something about my weight.

http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com//img/538296/progresspic/26975orig.jpg

Keeping up: April 29, 2007. Back up a pound but feeling good, I noticed a slight difference in my back and arms. My mom says you lose fat first where you last but it on, that is true. The last fat I put on was on my upper back, that seemed to almost dissapear after the first week or so. My stomach and thighs will take the longest.

http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com//img/538296/progresspic/28674orig.jpg

Today: May 13, 2007. Well, a stressful week and a few too many cheat foods and here I am back up to 158. I have noticed new energy and strength in both my hockey and everyday life. I am a little more confident, now that my pictures are out there to see I dont feel like hiding my fat anymore. It is what it is, but it wont be that way for long.

http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com//img/538296/progresspic/32403orig.jpg

So, here are my goals:

-Lose 20-30 pounds, I'd like to be in the 120-130 range.
-Get to 12-15 percent bodyfat, I think I'm around 30 percent right now but I dont know, thats just a guess, I hope to find out for real soon.
-Look good and feel confident in a bikini, boy I cant wait for that, maybe I'll even get a boyfriend then.

This journal will be where I record pictures, goals, results, and daily diet/routine/comments.

I'd love to hear encouragement from people or comments/suggestions. Wish me luck!

~Lindsay

user179143
05-13-2007, 05:06 PM
nice bra (yes straight)

TheKansan
05-13-2007, 05:10 PM
Good luck Lindsay, you have taken the most important step, getting started. I know that you will succeed.

Goalie_Girl
05-13-2007, 05:38 PM
Todays Workout:

Mini Arm routine
10 minutes HIIT

I plan on either running again after dinner or taking a walk

Todays Diet:

Oatmeal w/ PB, Z-Bar
2 Tuna Wraps on whole wheat tortilla, Z-Bar
Water
Dinner will be tri-tip, veggies and _______(not sure yet)

~Lindsay

Goalie_Girl
05-13-2007, 08:16 PM
Going on a walk with the family in a little bit.

Dinner was:

Several small pieces of Tri Tip Steak
Steamed Squash
Wild/White Rice Mix
(skipped out on the bread, ha ha)
To finish it off I had a handful of dried bluberries, so rich in antioxidants and really tasty. I love em.

Goalie_Girl
05-13-2007, 08:48 PM
Walked 2200 steps at a fast pace, felt good. Hopefully that worked off some of dinner.

~Lindsay

TheDiplomats
05-13-2007, 10:25 PM
Good luck on the cut/diet.

Goalie_Girl
05-13-2007, 10:51 PM
Thanks a bunch!

Senor Awesome
05-13-2007, 11:04 PM
Good luck with your cut.

Only one question, isn't 12-15 % bf way too low for a female? That'd be like 8 percent on a guy and I've heard it'll cause medical problems.

fates_child03
05-14-2007, 12:16 AM
12% is still in the safe level for women year around. Once you get much lower than that it can really mess with estrogen levels etc. But 12-15% is perfectly fine. Good luck with your cut if you need any help feel free to shoot me a pm and I'll be glad to help out.

Goalie_Girl
05-14-2007, 03:43 PM
I thought 12-15 was a good number to shoot for, I'm aiming for clsoer to 15, I gotta take things slow and I donw want to end up looking super skinny either.

Todays exercise:

Mile Hike
Football
(I will bike and then workout later today)

Today's diet:
Oatmeal w/ PB, Z Bar

Z Bar

PB Sandwich
Rice Cakes
Carrots/ a few dried blueberries

Z Bar

I haven't had dinner yet.

Todays notes: I have realised I am hitting the Z Bars(protein bars) a bit too hard. They arent horrible for me but I shouldnt have 3 a day even though they are tiny. I am hungry between meals so I think I will replace some of those protein bars with either milk, raw almonds or something else.

I feel good today, lots of energy. My calf is hurting a bit, its been bothering me for a bit, I think I might have strained it yesterday. Also my malformed ankles are acting up after my hike so I will bike today instead of run. I plan on working my back and legs today.

Today I weighed in at 157, down another pound.

Anyone have any reccomendations for quick healthy snacks?

Thanks

~Lindsay

gfundaro
05-14-2007, 04:34 PM
Great job girl, awesome that you play hockey!!!!! I wish I would've done that :-) Here's some snack ideas:
string cheese
small amount of almonds
1 piece whole grain toast with chicken/turkey (toast takes like 30 seconds)
Bell pepper slices (i keep them in the fridge, and I like them with PB)
I am doing keto, so my diet is a bit different from yours. I don't eat the toast anymore, but that was one of my favorite snacks! Also, if you're eating white rice cakes, you should switch to whole grain since the simple carbs aren't really needed unless they're timed around a workout.
I'm a little curious whether you're monitoring your caloric intake; it looks very low, especially since you play a sport. Don't go too low, or you'll lose muscle and plateau quickly, as well as really slowing your metabolism.

TheKansan
05-14-2007, 04:35 PM
I thought 12-15 was a good number to shoot for, I'm aiming for clsoer to 15, I gotta take things slow and I donw want to end up looking super skinny either.

Todays exercise:

Mile Hike
Football
(I will bike and then workout later today)

Today's diet:
Oatmeal w/ PB, Z Bar

Z Bar

PB Sandwich
Rice Cakes
Carrots/ a few dried blueberries

Z Bar

I haven't had dinner yet.

Todays notes: I have realised I am hitting the Z Bars(protein bars) a bit too hard. They arent horrible for me but I shouldnt have 3 a day even though they are tiny. I am hungry between meals so I think I will replace some of those protein bars with either milk, raw almonds or something else.

I feel good today, lots of energy. My calf is hurting a bit, its been bothering me for a bit, I think I might have strained it yesterday. Also my malformed ankles are acting up after my hike so I will bike today instead of run. I plan on working my back and legs today.

Today I weighed in at 157, down another pound.

Anyone have any reccomendations for quick healthy snacks?

Thanks

~Lindsay

Don't rely too much on the Z bars. I assume they are standard protein bars. I notice that you ate them three times. They are fine as an occassional energy booster, but I have read that they sometimes contain high amounts of sugar. Not to mention they are costly.

Keep up the good work.

Goalie_Girl
05-14-2007, 05:04 PM
Yeah, if you read at the end of my entry I picked up on that, and will be getting a variety of quick healthy snacks next time I am at the store.

maxiderm
05-14-2007, 07:18 PM
your goals are good, and i hope you meet them ;)

Goalie_Girl
05-14-2007, 07:24 PM
Thanks maxiderm.

Dinner was homemade nachos. A little more fattening than most of my meals but not that bad. The thing was loaded with protein. I'm gonna do my cardio tonight. I already did most of my back and shoulders workout, I'll probably do some more before bed tonight.

Goalie_Girl
05-14-2007, 09:36 PM
Had an awesome cardio session just now, I can barely walk.

25 minutes of really fast walk on 11 incline(highest my treadmill has)
4 minutes of really fast jog on 2 incline (pretty straight)
1 minutes of sprint on 2 incline (pretty straight)

About a mile and a half, the incline made it take longer to walk the mile, even though I was going fast I was practically walking straight up hill. 3265 steps approximately.

Woohoo, I feel good.

Goalie_Girl
05-14-2007, 09:59 PM
Great job girl, awesome that you play hockey!!!!! I wish I would've done that :-) Here's some snack ideas:
string cheese
small amount of almonds
1 piece whole grain toast with chicken/turkey (toast takes like 30 seconds)
Bell pepper slices (i keep them in the fridge, and I like them with PB)
I am doing keto, so my diet is a bit different from yours. I don't eat the toast anymore, but that was one of my favorite snacks! Also, if you're eating white rice cakes, you should switch to whole grain since the simple carbs aren't really needed unless they're timed around a workout.
I'm a little curious whether you're monitoring your caloric intake; it looks very low, especially since you play a sport. Don't go too low, or you'll lose muscle and plateau quickly, as well as really slowing your metabolism.

Thanks for the comments. I have heard from others my caloric intake looks low, but it usually is for breakfast and lunch and then I consume more calories at dinner. I am working on leveling it out. Thanks for the snack ideas.

Goalie_Girl
05-15-2007, 02:10 PM
Diet today so far:

Breafast: Oatmeal with PB, milk

Snack: A Couple dried blueberries and dark chocolate covered raisens, I needed the sugar, but I only had a few.

Snack 2: Z Bar protein bar

Lunch: Rice Cakes(2), PB Sandwich, a mouthful of my friends lean teriyaki chicken.

(assume unless stated I am drinking water or the occasional diet soda)

Exercuse today: Nothing...so far.

I plan to bike and lift just a bit when I go home, and then I have a hockey game at about 8 tonight.

Down another half pound today, man I felt it during that cardio.

~Lindsay

Goalie_Girl
05-15-2007, 10:01 PM
Snack: Z Bar

Dinner: Lean Beef Stroganoff

I had the extra protein bar to prepare for my hockey. I didnt bike or lift before but I will lift shortly. I am also biking to school tomorrow.

I'm feeling good, just awesome, I am down 7 pounds from when I started.

Goalie_Girl
05-17-2007, 06:40 AM
Forgot to record yesterday...down another pound! :D

Goalie_Girl
05-17-2007, 09:43 PM
Today I cheated, for lunch I had a large omellete, the ingredients weren't all that bad but, I had an english muffin with it and the while thing was really large with a lot of patatoes so yeah. Dinner was healthy and good, I had dessert today, a low fat ice cream bar. I honestly dont think it was worth it. Next time I'll hold out for something better, but that wont be for a while now. I did almost no exercise today, I did a little arm lifting but not much and I took a very short brisk walk. I have been too injured to do anything real heavy lately. I sprained my thumb, bruised my elbow and I have a sore back. Plus I have a hockey tourny on saturday so I'd like to try and heal and not get more injured. I am down from 163.5 about a month and a half ago to 155.5 yesterday, that 8 pounds. I feel good other thatn being injured.

~Lindsay

gfundaro
05-17-2007, 10:03 PM
Just checking back in :-) Great job on the weight loss! Don't worry about making all your meals level, it's not the most important thing. Just make sure you're eating enough. Have you figured out macros or anything? When I followed a 40/40/20 macro breakdown I got great results; I got better ones with keto, but with you playing hockey and all, keto might be tough to adjust to. Sorry to hear about your injury, it's good you're taking it easy though and letting yourself heal. :-) Good luck in the tournament, that sounds exciting, tell us how it goes!

Goalie_Girl
05-17-2007, 10:20 PM
Thanks, I'm going to try and do awesome, hoefully my team will play well. Uhhmmm, I havent really monitered my macros. I'm not sure what that means, if you'd like to explain it to me or provide me a resource that would be great. Right know my diet consists of a lot more protein and less fat and carbs. Less breads, sugars and salts. Just trying to generally eat better, I have no real formula but I'm sure that'll get better with time, any help would be appreciated.

gfundaro
05-17-2007, 10:39 PM
Thanks, I'm going to try and do awesome, hoefully my team will play well. Uhhmmm, I havent really monitered my macros. I'm not sure what that means, if you'd like to explain it to me or provide me a resource that would be great. Right know my diet consists of a lot more protein and less fat and carbs. Less breads, sugars and salts. Just trying to generally eat better, I have no real formula but I'm sure that'll get better with time, any help would be appreciated.

Ah, macros are pretty important in my opinion! My body didn't come together until I began to monitor those :-) So keep in mind that Carbs and Protein contain 4 calories per gram, and Fat contains 9 calories per gram.
You should first find your BMR to ascertain your caloric needs. Let's say that, at your height/weight/gender level, you need 2300 calories a day to maintain your weight; to lose weight, you eat a 500 cal. deficit, so that's 1800 cals. a day. You can find a BMR calculator on BBing.com or google it.
A very basic way of eating is 40%/40%/20% (Carb/Prot/Fat). This means that you'll break those 1800 hypothetical calories down and eat 720 calories from Carbs and Protein and 360 calories from fat. Divided out, that's 180 g of Prot. and Carbs, and 40 grams of fat for the day. You can eat 3-6 meals, whatever's convenient. These are all fake numbers, but you can find out your own easily once you've found your BMR. Also, check out the Nutrition stickies for great food choices.

Bad Meets Evil
05-17-2007, 10:40 PM

...I see you beat to me to the punch gfundaro, well played...well played...

Don't be too worried about fats, fats don't you make fat, an excess of calories makes a person fat :-)

Goalie_Girl
05-18-2007, 11:51 AM
Thanks for your advice guys I'm just still a bit confused, here are my questions.

can someone hook me up with a good BMR calculating site?

How do you know where the caloried come from? Is it strictly wieght? Cause I dont have a scale to weigh the stuff. A lot of things I eat just list calories, anyone have a site that can really clearly explain this to me?

Thanks for your help guys! I leave at 3 today for my hockey tournament, yay 4 hour drive -_-

gfundaro
05-18-2007, 11:59 AM
http://www.caloriesperhour.com/index_burn.html

I plugged in your age, weight, etc. and got these numbers (hopefully they show up hehe, if not you can do it yourself).

The calories come from the grams of whatever nutrient you're looking at. If there's 9 grams of fat in an item, that means there's 81 calories from fat (9 grams x 9 calories). If there's 9 grams of protein or carbs, there's 36 calories from protein/carbs (9 grams x 4 cal). It's great to weigh your food! You can also measure it, like 1/2 c. oats can be measured in a measuring cup. Or, if it gives you a dry weight amount for a serving size, you can simply weigh out how many grams of oats you want. If something lists only the calories, that's a bit harder, and you might have to go to www.nutritiondata.com and look up what you're eating and in what amounts.

^^Those are not bodybuilding or supplement websites, but mods please let me know if I have to delete them, and I will. :-)

Goalie_Girl
05-18-2007, 12:07 PM
The results of your calculations are: BMR 1,560 RMR 1,496 (calories)

Those are the numbers I got. ^^^^^

So what exactly does this mean for me if I want to lose weight? ^_^

gfundaro
05-18-2007, 12:17 PM
The results of your calculations are: BMR 1,560 RMR 1,496 (calories)

Those are the numbers I got. ^^^^^

So what exactly does this mean for me if I want to lose weight? ^_^

Oh no, scroll down farther than that LOL. You have to figure in your activity level! Your BMR is what you need to stay alive and healthy just laying in a prostrate position all day. You need more than that, check out the Activity Level chart find the amount that corresponds with your amount of activity during the week. Whatever number that is, eat 500 calories below that number to lose weight in a healthy and safe way. For instance, if you're moderately active, your BMR is 2415. 2415-500 is 1915...so, eat 1,915 calories a day. If you ate 2415 calories a day, you'd maintain your current weight.

Goalie_Girl
05-20-2007, 09:41 AM
Thanks for your advice. I ate horribly this weekend because I was driving most of the time and was at a rink playing hockey and didnt have healthy food at my fingertips. I must have gained some, not sure how much though. Oh well, I did play a lot of hockey and exercise though and will be back on track. I practice in an hour and then I plan to lift and run later today. Thanks all.

gfundaro
05-20-2007, 10:29 AM
How did you guys do in the tourney? It's good you got exercise, that will help offset the cheat-weekend. You can do a cheat every week or two, but the size and the frequency of your cheat may adversely affect your fat loss; you'll have to gauge that as you progress. I average a cheat day once every 8 weeks, but I don't plan mine, they just happen when I feel comfortable having one. When you're traveling, it's a great idea to bring an insulated lunch bag with you. You can pack all your food for the weekend if you bring along ice packs and such, and it's even better if there's a fridge you can use. I do this every time I travel. I'll bring hardboiled eggs, pre-cooked bacon, cheese sticks, nuts, etc. Then all you have to concern yourself with is saying 'no' when someone offers you something unhealthy.

Goalie_Girl
05-20-2007, 12:41 PM
I did well at the tourney, I took home top goalie award, and our team was 2-2, 2 wins and 2 losses. We took home 3rd place out of 7 teams. Our last loss was really bad though.

I didnt have much time to prepare for my trip or I would have packed my own food. I got out of school and almost immediately left. Next time I'll pack some better food.

Goalie_Girl
05-20-2007, 01:31 PM
Unbelievably I actually lost half a pound this weekend even though I ate very crappy.

gfundaro
05-20-2007, 01:37 PM
Great job!!!! My dad is watching the Wing's game on TV right now lol, we're a hockey family :-) Good job losing 1/2 pound, but keep in mind that your weight will fluctuate a lot, especially since you're a female. It's better to weigh yourself every 1-2 weeks rather than every couple days, or you'll soon become obsessed with the scale. When you put on muscle, your weight will increase, and some weeks you may not lose anything. Other weeks during that 'time' your weight will increase. Scale weight isn't a great indicator of progress, especially for females.

Goalie_Girl
05-20-2007, 02:35 PM
Yeah, I already know that I'm a little scale-happy, :). I'm just really trying to get on some sort of downward trend because as my weight chart shows its been more like a roller coaster kind of thing.

gfundaro
05-20-2007, 02:46 PM
Yeah, I already know that I'm a little scale-happy, :). I'm just really trying to get on some sort of downward trend because as my weight chart shows its been more like a roller coaster kind of thing.

Haha don't worry, that's how it is in the short term. I can gain/lose 1-2 lbs from just an hour long workout :-) And I generally gain 4ish lbs after a carbup, and 5-6 lbs for that one 'special' week. I update my weight once a week for my progress, but mine looks like a rollercoaster too, even in the long term. So body fat (using calipers rather than bioimpedance) is a much better way to gauge progress. You should see if anyone in the gym is certified to take bodyfat measurements.

Goalie_Girl
05-20-2007, 07:17 PM
I'm actually working out at home right now. I have a treadmill and some light weights. I am looking at getting a gym membership soon, I just have to save up some cash.

I have a question about the macro thing, so if I am eating a 40%/40%/20% (Carb/Prot/Fat) split then does that mean all my calories for the day have to be protein, fat, or carbs? I need an example, like if I were to eat a scoop of peanut butter, just an example, how do you break down the calories, do all of the calories account for protein, fat, and carbs? Ijust need someone to give me example info for a specific food and break it down for me please.

Thanks

gfundaro
05-20-2007, 08:01 PM
I'm actually working out at home right now. I have a treadmill and some light weights. I am looking at getting a gym membership soon, I just have to save up some cash.

I have a question about the macro thing, so if I am eating a 40%/40%/20% (Carb/Prot/Fat) split then does that mean all my calories for the day have to be protein, fat, or carbs? I need an example, like if I were to eat a scoop of peanut butter, just an example, how do you break down the calories, do all of the calories account for protein, fat, and carbs? Ijust need someone to give me example info for a specific food and break it down for me please.

Thanks

2 TBSP PB is usually:

17 g fat
5g carbs (3 from fiber, so 2 NET carbs that count)
6 g protein

So if you ate 2 tbsp at a meal, you'd have to eat more of other stuff to fill up your nutrient needs. There are few foods that are JUST protein (even tuna has like 1g of fat) or JUST carbs (bread has some protein and some fat). You have to combine foods at each meal to create a 40/40/20 split for the meal.

Goalie_Girl
05-20-2007, 09:17 PM
I'm just gonna stick to what I'm doing now, I pretty much get it but it seems a bit complicated for me. I'm just doing a simple diet of healthy foods and burning more calories then I eat. Thanks for your advice though.

gfundaro
05-20-2007, 09:29 PM
No problem, it's always best to do what works for you :-)

Goalie_Girl
05-20-2007, 09:41 PM
Thanks, and it seems to be working. I just have to up my cardio a little more but with finals coming up I might have to devote more time to studying.

Goalie_Girl
05-22-2007, 06:06 PM
Todays diet:

Breakfast: Oatmeal w/ PB

Snack: Yogurt, Applesauce

Snack 2: 90 calorie granola bar

Lunch: Tuna roll(whole wheat tortilla, tuna and salsa, a little cheese) carrots

Snack 3: Yogurt

Dinner: -yet to come- probably a low cal, low fat frozen dinner

Exercise, none so far, but I plan to go exercise in the next 20 minutes or so. My rink is closed for the next week so no hockey for a week, which means I'll have to find a way to get more exercise. I plan to do maybe some skating and/or goalie movement drills and some running and then a little lifting.

Haven't weighted since a few days ago, I dont plan to weigh myself until monday. I'm probably a little bit up as of now beause I haven't been able to exercise because of my busy schedule and I ate ribs last night...mmmm.

cawiau
05-22-2007, 07:47 PM
Just passing by to wish you the best on reaching your goals.
I have no doubt you will reach it.
Will keep an eye out for your thread.

Goalie_Girl
05-22-2007, 08:02 PM
Thanks a bunch caiwu.

Dinner ended up being a frozen dinner lasagna, small, low in fat and clories and quick.

Right now I'm getting some exercise by playing knee hockey with my bro...I'll get some more later.

Goalie_Girl
05-24-2007, 01:37 PM
Just checking in, so far today I have eaten:

Breakfast:A small bowl of cereal

Snack: Yougurt

Snack 2: Granola Bar

Lunch: Apple Sauce, Carrots, A bite of my friends chicken

I have been super hungry lately because I ahven't been totally even with my diet. I need to add more protein. Other than that, I feel good. Although an injury kept me from cardio for a while but today I feel 100% so I'll be doing cardio today.

Goalie_Girl
05-24-2007, 09:14 PM
I cheated tonight: I had some light ice cream, it was good. I prolly had a little too much though. I'm just sort of bummed because no matter how healhy I eat lately I have only seemed to gain, maybe its bloat from my period but I dont know. I'm up like 2.5 pounds right now....why? Other than not having cardio for about 4 days I cant see anything else....

Goalie_Girl
05-25-2007, 01:34 PM
Ran a mile today.....11:40. About a minute and 20 seconds worse than my last one. Arrgh, I'm pretty sure why it was that bad(on my period, sick, calve injury0 but there are no excuses. I will run again later tonight and lift.

So far I have eaten:

Breafast: Oatmeal w/ PB, Some peach slices

Snack: Yogurt

Lunch: Apple Sauce, Carrots ( i accidently left my sandwich at home, so I'll be eating a pb and j sandwich in about an hour an a half.)

Exercise: Ran/walked a mile (hopefully will run and lift later tonight)

It sucks to be gaining so I'm gonna work out extra hard and try to lose what I gained back and then some. Id like to be down to 154 next time I weight in, thats 3.5 pounds, wish me luck! Thanks for the support.

~Lindsay

Goalie_Girl
05-26-2007, 11:40 AM
Upped all lifts I did today! Woo hoo! Now off to do cardio. Go check out my Bodyspace please folks and tell me what you think.

Goalie_Girl
05-26-2007, 12:58 PM
Just ran a 10:15 mile, I'd like to be in the 9's but this is much better than yesterday. I'm gonna lift some more and then I'll probably bike later tonight, I really want to be down to 153.5 soon, that will be my 10 pound mark and then after that down to the 140's I havent been there in a while. Keep it up folks. Check out my bodyspace.

~Lindsay

Goalie_Girl
05-26-2007, 02:09 PM
Breakfast: Oatmeal w/ PB

Lunch: Half Sandwich (Roast beef on wheat, no condiments)
Carrots
1/2 cup of peaches

Quickxi
05-26-2007, 03:30 PM
Upped all lifts I did today! Woo hoo! Now off to do cardio. Go check out my Bodyspace please folks and tell me what you think.

congrats on the increase in lifts! Keep it up.

Goalie_Girl
05-26-2007, 08:26 PM
thanks Quickxi.

Well, I undid any cardio I did today at dinner. We went out to a restaurant, I had pesto pasta with seafood and a couple bites of chocolate cake at the end. Uggh, I feel so fat, but it was really good, I'm gonna double lifting and cardio tomorrow and cut down on the food intake a bit.

PaLftr
05-26-2007, 08:45 PM
Awesome to see a girl in my age range doing it the right way instead of puking after lunch every day at school.

Keep up the good work. :)

Goalie_Girl
05-27-2007, 10:38 AM
thanks a bunch PaLfter.

cornwallus
05-27-2007, 02:55 PM
thanks Quickxi.

Well, I undid any cardio I did today at dinner. We went out to a restaurant, I had pesto pasta with seafood and a couple bites of chocolate cake at the end. Uggh, I feel so fat, but it was really good, I'm gonna double lifting and cardio tomorrow and cut down on the food intake a bit.

ahh yes minds clashing, with enjoyment hehe, Enjoy yourself, it won't dent your work, Well done already, I'll be following along

Goalie_Girl
05-27-2007, 05:02 PM
thanks cornwallus. I had fun today, did early mornig cardio, worked out. Made some low fat brownies, mmm so good. I figured I'd post the recipe, I do mine without chocolate chips, any cut back is good, so here it is. They are really good and not too bad for you(almost no fat, no cholesterol, a couple carbs tho):

Double Chocolate Brownies
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 egg whites
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup unbleached, all-purpose flour
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon instant espresso powder
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup mini chocolate chips (semi-sweet)
Butter-flavored cooking spray
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8x8 inch non-stick cake pan with spray.
In a medium mixing bowl, using a sturdy whisk or spatula, mix the applesauce, vanilla, egg whites and sugar until they are well combined. Add the flour, cocoa powder, espresso powder, baking powder and salt. Stir the mixture until it is just combined and no lumps remain. Pour it into the prepared pan. Sprinkle the chips evenly over the top. Bake the brownies for 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out dry (a few crumbs are okay).
Transfer the pan to a cooling rack and allow them to cool 5 minutes. Cut into 12 equal brownies.
Makes 12 (1 brownie) servings.
Each brownie has: 88 calories, 2 g protein, 19 g carbohydrates, 1 g fat, <1 g saturated fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 1 g fiber, 133 mg sodium.

Anyway, I plan to cook for myself again tonight, anyone have any quick healthy recipes with tuna?

Today Im 157.5, I know I just weighed myself yesterday but I wiehg myself everytime I am about to take pictures. Here is my latest progress picture. I have added notiible muscle to my arms and shoulders and lost noticible fat from my back, now I just wish the gut would shrink. :D

http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/img/538296/progresspic/36464orig.jpg

Todays Diet:

Breakfast: None, Water

Lunch: Frozen Low-Cal/Fat Lasagna(310 cals) and a brownie, 2 peach Slices

Snack: A brownie

I think I should have eaten breakfast, that way I could have avoided eating that extra brownie, I was trying to do cardio on an empty stomach...not sue If I'll do that again or not, maybe it burns fat better but I was tired almost all day before and after and I got a bad side ache during my cardio.

Today's Exercise:

Morning: 15 min Cardio(run/power walk)

Afternoon: Lifting (Back, shoulders, arms)

Night: Either a high intensity bike ride or a run...not sure yet.

Thanks for stopping by all, good luck with your goals.

~Lindsay

Goalie_Girl
05-28-2007, 10:35 AM
I lifted and ran tyesterday, I was too busy to get my second cardio session in but today I will run in the morning and then go on a hike/walk in the afternoon and then I hope to lift when I get home. Then finally tomorrow I play hockey again after a week of my rink being closed. I hope this will help me to lose a little more, sometimes without hockey I dont fit in as much exercise as I should. I hope I'll remember how to play too.

heathershubby
05-28-2007, 11:21 AM
I lifted and ran tyesterday, I was too busy to get my second cardio session in but today I will run in the morning and then go on a hike/walk in the afternoon and then I hope to lift when I get home. Then finally tomorrow I play hockey again after a week of my rink being closed. I hope this will help me to lose a little more, sometimes without hockey I dont fit in as much exercise as I should. I hope I'll remember how to play too.

keep up the great work

and your a goalie just keep getting in front of the puck it will all come back as soon as a slapshot comes from somones stick.

Goalie_Girl
05-28-2007, 12:08 PM
thanks heathershubby, I have been playing really well lately so I'm not too worried, In fact pretty soon, I'd like to make a recruitment video to send off to colleges and bay area teams! I'm excited, I hope they'll like what they see. I'll post it here when I make it too. It'll be a while though, prolly not for about 3 weeks or so. I dont know why but I always get nervous after a break from hockey, I'll be fine though, root for me to win on tuesday.

~Lindsay

Goalie_Girl
05-28-2007, 02:35 PM
Whew....I just some moved monster pieces of furniture down a flight of stairs and through my house. It was almost as good as a lifting session. My dad said, "Lindsay, I'm proud of you, 3 months ago I'm not sure if you could have done this. You arms are looking bigger." I just smiled. I hope to hike today but I might not, I'll lift tongiht either way and maybe do another cardio session, I did 20 minutes of cardio earlier today.

Goalie_Girl
05-28-2007, 06:27 PM
Just finished my hike, but as it turns out I wont have tome to lift later tonight, I am currently typing a report, so I need to do that and eat dinner and do my other homework and chores. I still might fit something in, we'll see.

Goalie_Girl
05-28-2007, 06:41 PM
this poster, Adrenaline2008, just posted some nasty comments on my pictures at my bodyspace calling me "sickening" and "GROSS!" Makes me feel great about myself. :( I'm not that bummed cause I know at least I have the courage to post pictures, whereas he does not and I try to help build people up, not tear them down. Oh well, I guess when I'm smoking hot he'll look like an idiot. No wonder his reps are in the red....

thundergut
05-28-2007, 06:54 PM
Don't pay it any mind GG. It's folks like this Adrenaline2008 who:

A) Don't have the courage to post their own pics.
B) Tear others down so they feel better about their own sorry a$$.
C) Spew their words out on the internet anonymously because in real life, they don't have the testicular fortitude to do so.

Now everybody has an opinion, just like everybody has an a$$hole. Lots of people will give you their opinions, don't doubt that, but keep in mind that they are just that...opinions. It's the rare intellectual like Adrenaline2008 who let everybody see their a$$hole while giving their opinion.

Delete the comments, ignore it, and move on.

You're wrong on one count tho...he won't look like an idiot when you're smoking hot. He'll still look the same as he does now, like an idiot. Whereas you, whether you feel smoking hot or needing improvement, are already leaps and bounds beyond him.

Keep your chin up :)

Goalie_Girl
05-28-2007, 07:05 PM
Thanks for the boost thundergut, i feel better already.

How do you delete comments?

thundergut
05-28-2007, 07:23 PM
Good question, but I'm not sure. I know if it's a comment on your BodySpace you can delete them, but not sure about picture comments. You might be able to message an admin to see if they can, or you can just do your best to ignore them and/or use them as motivation.

heathershubby
05-29-2007, 12:49 AM
to an admin and he will be banned I am sure that is uncalled for crap.

A. I just looked at your progress pics and they look great

B. His idea of a sport is watching poker on t.v.

C. you have made some crazy strength gains and the muscle you have added in the shoulders and arms is very obvious.

Keep up the good work and good luck with the new Hockey season and ignore the frickin idiots out here. I have been there people telling me I could never lose weight to just quit. They are real low lives so don't even give them a second thought.,

cawiau
05-29-2007, 02:22 AM
Don't pay attention to the crap he posted.
You are looking good and keep up the godd work.

cawiau

Goalie_Girl
05-29-2007, 01:36 PM
Thanks everyone, I really do feel awesome now.

So yesterdays exercise breakdown was 20 minutes of cardio and a hike, I'd say about 4 miles.

Today I wil lift when I get home and then play hockey. I have eaten badly today because I didnt have time to pack a lunch, I woke up waayyyy late and had to buy lunch and breakfast at school. A chocolate muffin for breakfast and a bean and cheese burrito for lunch...uggh. Not good. I might do some cardio as well tonight but I down want to wear myself out for hockey. We'll see. I regret having to eat this way today but I had no choice. I'll work extra hard today to burn extra hopefully. I want to mkae it up somehow, I'll pump up my next cardio session and eat strictly. Then again I should stress less, I'll just do better tomorrow. :D

Thanks guys for your support, it really helped. Good luck to everyone with their goals and thanks for supporting me with mine.

~Lindsay

SkinnyDip
05-29-2007, 02:31 PM
Good job on your progress. I think you are making some improvements.

But, just an observation, and I am probably wrong. But does anyone else think her cals maybe to low? Do you add your calories up daily? Good luck.

Goalie_Girl
05-29-2007, 08:42 PM
Maybe my cals are a little low, I've heard that from several people but I feel hungry only occasionally. I'll try totalling up my cals tomorrow and see what happens.

Played my hockey game tonight, and lost terribly, oh well. Hopefully my team will play better next time, the defense was lagging.

I'm hungry, the ice cream from the fridge is calling.....must stay away...ahh. Ah ha! Maybe I'll eat peaches, or maybe not. We'll see. I plan on a long-ish early morning cardio session tomorrow.

Goalie_Girl
05-29-2007, 09:50 PM
Take that ice cream, I can resist temptation now! I have found certain foods help me to satisfy certain cravings. I had a serving of peaches, 100 cals, to satisfy my sweet craving and then a large class of milk, prolly around 200 cals, that helps me to feel full. I'm now satisfied and full. Woo hoo, and I just uppoed my dumbell bent row from a max of 26 to 38, woo hoo 12 pounds, the chart at my bodyspace has it for barbell forw but I just use dumbells for all the exercises. I'll prolly lift a little more tonight and then I have cardio tomorrow morning and then PE at school about an hour later!

heathershubby
05-30-2007, 08:59 AM
a new personal best and resisting ice cream that you have at your house when you have a craving for it. That sounds like some awsome determination and a person who is changing there life. I am very inspired by you today and I really needed it. Up until I read your journal I was having the sheeetiest day I have had in a long time thanks for sharing.

Goalie_Girl
05-30-2007, 07:47 PM
Thanks Heathershubby. I totally fluffed on counting todays calories so I'll do that tomorrow. And I woke up too tired to do cardio before school put I will do it later tonight. Off to eat dinner!

Goalie_Girl
05-30-2007, 10:40 PM
Well, I just finished my homework, so cardio is out of the question for tonight, I only have 20 minutes till bed so, thats pretty much it. I will definately do cardi otomorrow, when? I'm not sure. And I'll try to remember to count my calories tomorrow.

cornwallus
05-30-2007, 10:58 PM
Thanks for the boost thundergut, i feel better already.

How do you delete comments?

don't bother trying to get the comments deleted goalie girl, use it as fuel as motivation, there's always going to be wankers, posting comments like that, you know deep down your not gross, Chin up mate :)

Senor Awesome
05-30-2007, 10:58 PM
Good work- keep it up! You're young and determined. That's a good combo.

As for that moron, just add him to your ignore list in User Control Panel.

Goalie_Girl
05-31-2007, 12:00 PM
Thanks guys, I'll post my calorie total for today when I'm done eating. So far today has been low because I forgot my snack and lunch for school, but my mom is dropping off a lunch for me, as of now though it is low. I hope I can fit in cardio tonight because I will be at school until late because we are laying out the newspaper, so it might be 9 before I come home, so cardio will have to wait...and I have homework too.

Goalie_Girl
05-31-2007, 03:15 PM
I'll actually be waitng to post my calories tomorrow, today was kind of irregular because my lunch was missing and I'm having my cheat meal tonight. 8) So, I'll post a more regular representation tomorrow! So yeah.

Goalie_Girl
05-31-2007, 08:55 PM
My cheat meal today:

Hamburger (home barbequed)
patato salad
pesto salad
sunchips
root beer, mountain dew
cookies

uggh, I feel bad now, no cheats for a while, and definately none this big anytime soon. So tonight when I get home cardio to the limit baby! I consumed a whole bunch of calories, damn I regret it, I feel worse for cheating then giving up those foods in the first place. Arrgh.

Goalie_Girl
06-01-2007, 05:30 PM
Well, I didnt count my calories today either, I am just tired and lazy, I'm thinking I'll go do some cardio soon though. Then I might lift, I wanna do some leg lifting so yeah,

MilesAway
06-02-2007, 08:13 PM
Hey fellow 'keeper (and female keeper at that!).

Keep up the good work!

Goalie_Girl
06-02-2007, 10:04 PM
Hey fellow 'keeper (and female keeper at that!).

Keep up the good work!

No way, another female keeper? Hockey, not soccer right? That is so cool. Whats going on?

Goalie_Girl
06-03-2007, 09:14 AM
I'm going to postpone weighing myself till next monday...I just have a feeling I gained and I dont want to see the number. :D But in all seriousness I'd like to take another week of working extra hard and then weight myself, not much to report here though.

MilesAway
06-03-2007, 02:39 PM
I'm not weighing myself till next Monday either, so I'm with you there. I blame the hormones though. (sorry, tmi)

And yup, ice hockey goalie (sorry, not roller). Not much is up, I've played two of four games today. One shootout victory and one shutout, to win the tournament. Now off to spare and play a regular season game tonight.

Take care my fellow masked warrior, for we kick butt! (And there aren't that many of us on here)

skuZZitude
06-03-2007, 02:48 PM
Good job keep up the good work! Ignore the ignorant *******s around here, nothing wrong with your height or weight...

Goalie_Girl
06-03-2007, 05:36 PM
Take care my fellow masked warrior, for we kick butt! (And there aren't that many of us on here)

Sounds good, dont worry I know about the hormones too, they are evil, not tmi.

It's funny you would calee me a masked warrior because Masked_Warrior is my screename for 2 goalie forums. Unfortumeately I have not been kicking but lately, my last 2 games werent that great, mainly for lack of defense though. Oh well, hopefully I will win my nest game on tuesday.

MilesAway
06-03-2007, 10:34 PM
Assuming you mean GS and/or GB, I'm not on GEW, I'm also on those. Yes, that's why I called you a masked warrior. :p Shemp (streethockeygoalie) posted a link to this site ages ago, and I've been browsing ever since. I figured out who you were pretty quickly (the McKenney gear was a dead giveaway).

Enough of the rambling, I don't want to hijack your thread.

Hope your game goes well on Tuesday.

Goalie_Girl
06-04-2007, 11:21 AM
Assuming you mean GS and/or GB, I'm not on GEW, I'm also on those. Yes, that's why I called you a masked warrior. :p Shemp (streethockeygoalie) posted a link to this site ages ago, and I've been browsing ever since. I figured out who you were pretty quickly (the McKenney gear was a dead giveaway).

Enough of the rambling, I don't want to hijack your thread.

Hope your game goes well on Tuesday.

Thanks, who are you on the board? I have a hunch...Well, the bad news is I might not play on tuesday(tomorrow) I had diaharea and vomiting all day today, so I stayed home from school. :( I haven't eaten all day, but I'm starting to feel a little better.

MilesAway
06-04-2007, 05:39 PM
Hope you're feeling better soon.

I'm Spike btw. That moniker doesn't fit anymore since I no longer have the spikey hair, so I've been using my other handle (Miles Away is the opening line from a Silverchair song, Without You).

Goalie_Girl
06-04-2007, 06:10 PM
Ahh, now I know who you are, that's cool. Yeah, I am definately feeling better so I think I will play tomorrow. I just need to eat again, so we'll see if I can keep food down again.

Goalie_Girl
06-05-2007, 01:08 PM
Well, after vomiting and diaharrea all day yesterday I can keep food down again, but I'm having some other trouble. I am eating again but I am not hungry. Everytime I eat I get a few bites through and then I feel naseous and have to stop. I ate maybe 3 bites of a sandwich today and some yogurt. But I'm just not very hungry, what should I do?

Goalie_Girl
06-05-2007, 06:21 PM
Well, I am eating well again, and I have more good news. I broke the ten pound mark! I have lost 11.5 pounds! I'm sure part of that was being sick but I just ate a full meal and then weighed myself, I weigh 152.5, coming from 163.5, 140's here I come! I'll be posting new pics too and I am off to play some hockey.

Goalie_Girl
06-05-2007, 10:46 PM
If you really wanna make me feel good go check out my bodyspace, photos, and progress pics and leave me some comments. I just finished updating. I love to hear from people.

Goalie_Girl
06-07-2007, 05:29 PM
I cheated a little lately but not much and I have been exercising but its during finals so its a little diificult. I am going to start plyos for my hockey soon as well and then during summer I plan to began seriously cutting because I willl have all the free time I want. I also will be starting a new cardio plan in the summer.

Quickxi
06-07-2007, 08:22 PM
Well, I am eating well again, and I have more good news. I broke the ten pound mark! I have lost 11.5 pounds! I'm sure part of that was being sick but I just ate a full meal and then weighed myself, I weigh 152.5, coming from 163.5, 140's here I come! I'll be posting new pics too and I am off to play some hockey.

awesome! way to go, 11.5 is good progress :) 140's are next....

Goalie_Girl
06-07-2007, 08:52 PM
Yep, thanks, but I miscounted, its actually 10.5. No biggy, I am still excited and I cant wait to be in the 140's.

cawiau
06-07-2007, 09:12 PM
Yep, thanks, but I miscounted, its actually 10.5. No biggy, I am still excited and I cant wait to be in the 140's.

I am sure you will get there soon!!
Keep up the good work :)

Goalie_Girl
06-09-2007, 09:20 PM
Well, I played a bunch of hockey today but didnt eat disciplined. I cant wait for summer the pounds are gonna melt. Right now with stress and little time I am having some difficulties. But, wednesday I get out of school so on friday it really begins.

Goalie_Girl
06-09-2007, 09:47 PM
I've gotten several more mean and hurtful comments to my pictures. Oh well. I dont really care but it seems kind of childish. I dont see anyone else getting targetted. But it kind of sucks, I haven't done anything to anyone else and all I am doing is trying to improve.

Goalie_Girl
06-11-2007, 01:51 PM
I'm sure I'm up from last weigh in, cause I'm not sick and due to stress, bad eating, and almost no time to exercise I have to have gained. But this summer I am starting a new cardio program and I will pretty much exercise twenty four seven. I cant wait cauise I really love to exercise now I just havent had the time withi finals.

Quickxi
06-11-2007, 08:28 PM
stress is rough, hang in there, only a few more days of school.

Goalie_Girl
06-11-2007, 09:55 PM
Yep two more days. I cant wait and then I can focus.

Goalie_Girl
06-12-2007, 10:02 PM
Well, the guy that kept harrasig me has been tempororarily banned. I am back up to 155 pounds from 152.5 but I expected that considering last time I weighed myself I was just getting done throwing up. I actually just ate so its prolly a little less. Tomorrow is my last day of school woo hoo! Cant wait to really get in shape over the summer, come augst 31st you guys wont recognize me.

Goalie_Girl
06-14-2007, 02:32 PM
Feeling good, today is the first day of summer! I have already done some arm and back workout. And I am taking a break, then its back to the iron. It's currently in the triple digits temperature wise so I dont really want to do cardio but maybe later tonight towards the evening I will. It's like 100 degrees outside so we'll see how much cardio I get in before I die of heatstroke, lol. I'm gonna drink a lot of water today.

Diet so far today:

Juice, half a quiznos sandwich, yogurt (appx. 700 cal)

MilesAway
06-14-2007, 05:04 PM
Slowly but surely is the way to go.

I know what you mean about the heat. It gets brutally hot in Ottawa (yes, we have summer in Canada, our igloos melt! :p) with the humidity it's horrid. You get sticky just stepping outside, never mind doing any form of cardio.

Keep it up and you'll be turning heads in August.

Goalie_Girl
06-15-2007, 02:14 PM
Uggh, I have been avoiding cardio like the plague. Oh well, I'll definately do some tonight.

Goalie_Girl
06-17-2007, 11:09 PM
I've been playing some real good hockey lately. I am not seeing progress though so I am going to try to incorporate a little more HIIT into my cardio and boost my cardio to twice a day. Once fasted in the morning and once after dinner at night. So we'll see. I feel good just not any thinner but that will come with time I suppose. If anyone has some good cardio suggestions I am all ears, I am trying to mix it up lately.

Goalie_Girl
06-18-2007, 10:27 AM
Well, I did my fasted cardio today. It was supposed to be this really intense 15 minute session but about 10 minutes though I felt woozy and had to stop. Then I ate and felt a little better. I may have to eat something small before morning cardio from now on because I need something for energy. I feel good though.

heathershubby
06-18-2007, 10:36 AM
Well, I did my fasted cardio today. It was supposed to be this really intense 15 minute session but about 10 minutes though I felt woozy and had to stop. Then I ate and felt a little better. I may have to eat something small before morning cardio from now on because I need something for energy. I feel good though.

seriously though always have a little somthing there is no proof that fasted cardio burns anymore fat then non fasted or calories for that matter. If for some crazy reason it does I still don't think the results would be that significant to take a chance on making yourslef sick or hurting yourself. I feel a slap shoot from inside the hash lines comming.

Your doing great and cardio is going to really increase you success but you have to do it long enough to see the benefits and 10 mins then sick won't do it.

Take care your still doing great and it sounds like you figured out you need to eat prior to cardio the hard way so get back at it and keep up the great work will rep you when I can YOU ROCK>

thundergut
06-18-2007, 11:00 AM
Great advice from HH. I did fasted cardio a few times, and I got the woozies. I found that a single scoop of protein in water before cardio helps me. If I eat too much before I hit the cardio, I feel sick.

thundergut
06-18-2007, 11:01 AM
I've been playing some real good hockey lately. I am not seeing progress though so I am going to try to incorporate a little more HIIT into my cardio and boost my cardio to twice a day. Once fasted in the morning and once after dinner at night. So we'll see. I feel good just not any thinner but that will come with time I suppose. If anyone has some good cardio suggestions I am all ears, I am trying to mix it up lately.

Hit the pool and swim some laps! If you can't swim, learn! :)

Goalie_Girl
06-18-2007, 11:20 AM
I dont have a pool. :( But my neighbor does, I may ask her if I can use it, although I am a horrible swimmer.

PaLftr
06-18-2007, 11:49 AM
Weight yourself upon waking after you urinate if you want an accurate reading.

Keep up the good work though. I love summer vaca. cause I can really have a perfect diet etc.

This is your time to make that transformation and go back to school feeling like a million bucks. ;)

Goalie_Girl
06-21-2007, 11:04 AM
Thanks for your support everyone, it really means a lot to me. I did a lot of biking yesterday, several hours, several miles, steep hills. It was fun. I feel lighter. But I had my cheat yesterday, 2 brownies. :)

I'm actually feeling good, I have one huge hockey tournament this weekend (3 days) so no cardio or lofting, I gotta save all my strength/energy. Then afterwords I plan on hitting the cardio realy hard. I plan on seeing some good results in the next 2 weeks as long as I can get my insomnia under control and sleep.

Again, thankyou everyone.

heathershubby
06-21-2007, 04:16 PM
Thanks for your support everyone, it really means a lot to me. I did a lot of biking yesterday, several hours, several miles, steep hills. It was fun. I feel lighter. But I had my cheat yesterday, 2 brownies. :)

I'm actually feeling good, I have one huge hockey tournament this weekend (3 days) so no cardio or lofting, I gotta save all my strength/energy. Then afterwords I plan on hitting the cardio realy hard. I plan on seeing some good results in the next 2 weeks as long as I can get my insomnia under control and sleep.

Again, thankyou everyone.

Your a brick wall no pucks get by :)

Your doing great kick some asss this weekend .

Goalie_Girl
06-21-2007, 05:11 PM
Thanks HeathersHubby, I'll make sure to kick some ass just for you.

Back down to 153.5 Woo hoo!!

Goalie_Girl
06-24-2007, 05:42 PM
I start a new cardio program on wednesday. I've maintained my weight for a bit now, just kinda hovering right around 153-154. I've felt good lately. I'm looking forward to getting back to seriously working out. I'll be playing hockey 2-3 times a week. I also just got my first new job! I'll be working at Longs Drugs part time. I'm excited. I just finished my hockey tournament today (dont ask me how it went) so I'm tired and my groin is really sore. I dont play tomorrow though. So I have two days off and then cardio and lifting. I may do some light lifting tomorrow, we'll see.

Goalie_Girl
06-25-2007, 10:54 PM
Ice skated tonight for execise and ate somewhat healthy. I start cardio wednesday!

Goalie_Girl
06-27-2007, 02:00 PM
I did my first part of my cardio program this morning. 25 minutes, it felt good and I feel good. It looks like I may be starting ice hockey as well as my roller. Cant wait!

Goalie_Girl
06-29-2007, 11:04 AM
Did my cardio again this morning. Tomorrow I play hockey and then again on sunday and monday. I feel pretty good but I've had a lot of back pain lately so I'm not lifting as much.

Goalie_Girl
07-01-2007, 10:18 PM
Boy is it lonely in this journal with no replies....

Oh well, anyway, I've been eating healtheir. More fiber and natural foods and less sugar. I've been cutting my carbs a little and generally just trying to eat healthy. I have been doing my cardio 3 times a week and playing hockey 2-3 times a week as well but I have taken some time off from lifting to readjust my program and round it off some more. I'm making it more intense and tailoring it more to my hockey. I've started ice hockey and so I will be training my legs hard.

This all sounds great like I should be losing but since I'm on my period I have bloated and gained about 3 pounds. You guys probably didn't want to know that but it's true and it happens everytime. I'll be down 3-4 pounds in a few days. I'm really liking this cardio and running with my mom, we have fun together. I'm also looking into buying new dunbells, mine are too light now so I need to get some heavier ones.

I just recently ran into some injuries. I bruised my elbow really bad and my back problem has taken a turn for the worse so I have been sore lately. I'm going to hopefully visit a chiropractor soon and re-visit my podiatrist to discuss possible surgery for the fused bones in my left ankle. It's painful and motion is almost 100% limited side to side now. Porbably not much they cn do now but we'll see. Just going back to see essentially how much worse everything is and also discuss options and get current mri's which is always fun.

In short I have been exercising more, eating better and less and having some injury problems but I feel good and can't wai to jump back into this workout after I finish completing it.

chrischap01
07-01-2007, 10:49 PM
I'm making it more intense and tailoring it more to my hockey. I've started ice hockey and so I will be training my legs hard.

This sounds like a good idea, what kind of specific changes are you making?

Goalie_Girl
07-01-2007, 11:02 PM
This sounds like a good idea, what kind of specific changes are you making?

Adding more cardio and goalie specific exercises as well as plyos and working out 7x a week.

chrischap01
07-01-2007, 11:18 PM
Plyometrics are a good idea. Be careful not to overtrain or burn yourself out with the 7X week plan.

Good luck!

Goalie_Girl
07-01-2007, 11:27 PM
Yeah, I might take it down to six days a week, we'll see though, I gotta get ready for next season.

EvoSummer
07-02-2007, 12:15 AM
Great progress goalie girl. Keep at it and you'll hit your goals soon enough with that change in diet to more fiber. Good luck.

Goalie_Girl
07-02-2007, 10:21 AM
Thanks guys. I'm putting hte finishing touches ony my new hockey workout. I just gotta add the plyomettrics I'll be using as well as ball/agility/reaction drills and I'll be set. I can't wait for next season where I move up to 16U hockey. I'm really gonna strive to be the best and play at the highest level I can. I'm hoping to continue playing ice or roller hockey or both in college so I gotta start really getting serious. Ice hockey is really difficult my groin is sore and I'm having a hard time mastering certain aspects of it but I'm having fun. Ill try to get some pictures to post here soon.

So far todays diet:

Yogurt (100 calories)
5 dried Apricot Pieces (90 calories)
Water

Goalie_Girl
07-03-2007, 10:37 PM
Kinda mad, i've been eating real well and busting my butt for a little more than a week now and I have seen no change. I am frustrated. I've been doing new cardio that is more intense and I'm not seeing anything chainging. Urrgh. I guess it's time to step it up even more. I will win this.

chrischap01
07-04-2007, 06:33 AM
Hang in there!

If you are eating a low calorie diet, it may be time for a refeed.

Goalie_Girl
07-04-2007, 03:18 PM
Hang in there!

If you are eating a low calorie diet, it may be time for a refeed.

What is a refeed?

chrischap01
07-04-2007, 03:55 PM
If you are eating a very low calorie diet and you hit a plateau, sometimes it helps if you take a day or so to eat at or above your maintenance calorie level. Most think you should stick to healthy foods on a refeed and just eat more, others think you should eat whatever you want.

Here is an article (http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/sclark60.htm) about it!

Goalie_Girl
07-04-2007, 03:57 PM
Lol, sounds good, that's what todays plan was today anyway for the 4th. Today was my cheat day. So we'll see how this goes. Thanks for the advice.

Goalie_Girl
07-09-2007, 04:24 PM
Still discouraged, I gained like 3 pounds then I lost and now I gained another pound and a half. I have upped my exercise levels and I'm just not losing weight. I'm eating better and more balanced as well. The noonly thing I think may have an impact is that I have skipped breakfast lately. Due to timing and such I have skipped breakfast a a lot lately. But I honestly have no idea why I cant get a steady rate of losing weight going. I am going to keep a food and exercise log for tomorrow and post it here. Maybe that cane help me figure out what's going on with some help from you guys. But it's hard cause lately I've been seriously discouraged, why cant I lose weight? :(

chrischap01
07-09-2007, 05:08 PM
I am going to keep a food and exercise log for tomorrow and post it here. Maybe that cane help me figure out what's going on with some help from you guys. But it's hard cause lately I've been seriously discouraged, why cant I lose weight? :(

The log is a good idea, if there is a specific problem I am sure someone here can help you correct it. Just be ready that there may be nothing wrong and you me just be at a plateau. If that is the case, just keep doing what you are doing and the fat will start coming off again in time.

I am in the same boat with you and getting a little discouraged myself, but we just have to keep going! I don't think it is possible to eat right, work out, and have a significant daily calorie deficit and stay at the same weight forever. At least I hope it's not!! ;)

JaeBeam
07-09-2007, 05:14 PM
Random thoughts.

Perhaps your growing muscle due to your new hockey workout? Do you have BF% measurements to compare against?

What is your daily caloric intake (more or less)?

Using Calorie-Count.com, plugging in your stats, setting a goal weight of 140, I get 1600 calories a day, and hitting 140 on October 2nd.

Its the calculator I've been using, and it has worked for me YMMV, I'm a 37 yo male, so I can't give you apples to apples comparisons.

Jaebeams Tip of the day:

Google Shiritaki noodles.

Kick some hockey butt. I'm skating 1 hour before work, and 1.5 hours after work tomorrow. It will be a good day.

Goalie_Girl
07-09-2007, 10:52 PM
Thanks guys, I wil keep a log tomorrow and see what goes on, I just played two hours of hockey back to back and I am wiped. Lets hope that equals some weight loss.

Goalie_Girl
07-11-2007, 06:37 PM
Totally forgot to keep a log, but I haven't been exercising lately or eating as well as I should have. Just kinda disouraged lately. I'm gonna take a little break and then hop back into this. I need some time to clear my head...and hopefully figure out what I'm going to do about this rut/plateau.

cawiau
07-11-2007, 08:24 PM
Just hang in there strong and I have no doubt you will get through the platea.

How is your diet?
Your workout?
What have you change?

chrischap01
07-11-2007, 09:57 PM
Totally forgot to keep a log, but I haven't been exercising lately or eating as well as I should have. Just kinda disouraged lately. I'm gonna take a little break and then hop back into this. I need some time to clear my head...and hopefully figure out what I'm going to do about this rut/plateau.
keep your chin up, you are doing well!

There are a lot of tricks to get past a plateau. Do a refeed, take a day or even weekend or week off from your diet, change up your workout (e.g. if you have been lifting more start doing cardio more, or vice versa). Try swimming or running for cardio instead of machines.

And try the detailed logging it will help, and will give people here more ideas about how to help you!

cawiau
07-12-2007, 03:14 AM
And promised to pass by everyday so you better log.
Don't make me come here for nothing :D

Do you girl :)

Black lingo, hope you get it :o

Goalie_Girl
07-12-2007, 09:52 AM
Thanks for the support guys. I'm ready to beat this thing. I finally finished writing up my entire hockey workout and now I have the extra motivation, to get out of this rut! Also tryouts are a mo nth away for roller hockey so it's time to step it up. I think I will try to eat 2000 calories or under a day, just as a base number and see hoe it goes from there. I'll try to keep a log but I hate doing it and never remember anyway. Time to waeigh in for the first time in days, I expect to see gains...154. So up 1.5 pounds off since last time 4 days ago. Whatever though. Today I'm gonna workout hard. And the next day after that. I'm ready to blast myself out of this rut! Hurrah!

cawiau
07-12-2007, 09:57 AM
Blast sister...blast.
Just don't never give up.
It doesn't matter how many time you fall, as long as you get up and keep on going, you are a winner.
So step it up...and don't look back.

chrischap01
07-12-2007, 09:57 AM
2000 calories per day is probably pretty close to your maintenance level, so you may need to scale it back a bit from that. A lot of people use the rule of thumb to stay 500 cals below maintenance to lose. Your ideal intake for fat loss is likely somewhere between 1500 and 1750 calories per day, depending on your level of activity (1500 for moderate daily exercise and 1750 for rigorous daily exercise)

Goalie_Girl
07-12-2007, 10:03 AM
1700 it is. Thanks guys.

Now time for breakfast before I head off to work. I'll log it down and post it later. See yah.

chrischap01
07-12-2007, 10:05 AM
good luck!

cawiau
07-12-2007, 10:09 AM
Just keep on telling yourself : You can do this ! :)

chrischap01
07-12-2007, 10:33 AM
1700 it is. Thanks guys.

Now time for breakfast before I head off to work. I'll log it down and post it later. See yah.
Just remember that these are general guidelines, but everybody is different. You may be able to eat a little more and still lose, or you may need to eat a little less in order to lose. The key is just to find that happy medium where you lose the weight you want to lose, but still feel good and perform at the level you want in your workouts and hockey.

That is where the logs come in. If you keep track of everything, it is much easier to figure out what works best for you!

Goalie_Girl
07-12-2007, 11:53 PM
Tomorrow it all starts, all the hardwork. I ate a little bit of ice creak today as kind of like a parting gift. Buh bye bad food hello stricter diet and a lot more exercise.

Tomorrow I will post a food and exercise log. I'm ready, come tryouts I will be a beast!

Goalie_Girl
07-13-2007, 10:45 AM
Breakfast: Banana, Milk, Almonds

Calories: 320 Calories from Fat: 105 appx.

There ya go folks, breakfast. It looks kinda bad today cause with the milk and almonds combine their is a lot of fat but a lot of that is good fat. So I feel good, I'll prolly drink some water too.

Here's how my meal plan breaks down.

Breakfast
Snack
Lunch
Snack
Dinner

6 meals. 340 cals each appx.= 1700 cals a day.

When I dont eat snacks I can carry over some of those cals to the next meal. Some times like at work I wont be eating snacks, or sometimes I'm just plain not hungry. So here it goes. Today after my first shift at my new job (im excited and oh so nervous) I will come home and work out. I will run, lift, and do plyometrics. Plus I get some exercise from walking to and from work.

I'll log the rest of my meals and my exercise when I can.

Goalie_Girl
07-15-2007, 05:05 PM
Been playing a lot of hockey and working a lot lately. Havent had much time to workout. But I've been eating healthier. I'll get back to my cardio program within the next few days and then we vacation to disneyland next week! Yay!

cawiau
07-15-2007, 06:24 PM
Enjoy your vacation to Disney.
Have fun and keep on eating clean.
You are doing a good job so far.

chrischap01
07-15-2007, 06:40 PM
I am hoping they have turkey legs when I go on vacation. The ones they sell at Disney are good, but they are probably not good for your diet. They'd be perfect for mine though!

Goalie_Girl
07-15-2007, 10:44 PM
I plan on eating as well as i can on vacation. I plan on having a max of possibly two cheat meals until I have met my goal.

And my goal is.....

Lose 15 pounds by August 31! That gives me a month and a half. So I have to average 5 pounds every two weeks, tomorrow it starts! Hooray! I'm ready for this.

cawiau
07-16-2007, 12:22 PM
Lose 15 pounds by August 31! That gives me a month and a half. So I have to average 5 pounds every two weeks, tomorrow it starts! Hooray! I'm ready for this.

Give it your best shot!
Even if you don't reach 15 lbs....you know that you give it your all.
Now get to work :cool:

Goalie_Girl
07-19-2007, 10:55 AM
Thanks. I know I wont reach that goal. It's a little high, especially considering I dont lose weight easily and have been having more problems with it lately. My new goal: Lose a much weight as I can before the end of summer. So, that basically just means doing my best. And I can honestly say I wont have aproblem with that! I haven't weighed myself in a while ut I will soon and let you guys know how it's going.

Goalie_Girl
07-21-2007, 08:30 AM
Sorry, I haven't been updating lately guys. Work has kept me super busy. Will report back soon.

~Lindsay

Freddie Beef
07-21-2007, 08:43 AM
subscribed

Goalie_Girl
07-21-2007, 11:20 PM
Thanks toobigfred!

Anyway, I have had very little time to exercise lately because I'm being worked to the bone! Lol! But, On monday I leave for disneyland. And I plan to not only vacation but also exercise. I know I'll need it because we dont all eat the best on vacation. I'll be walking a lot everyday and I hope to swim in the hotel pool everyday. Possibly twice, morning and night.

I know the work schedule sounds like a lame excuse but, I have an ankle defect. After standing at a register for 4-8 hours a day and constantly working my feet ache. The cartiledge is missing fom my joint so I also have advanced arthritus in both ankles and flat feet. I wear custom orthodics as well as pysician approved footwear. So basically what I have is called tarsocalcaneal coalition. Meaning the calcaneus and the tarsal joints fused when I was in the womb growing. There is not cartiledge and little mobiility. But the muscles on that side are weak. I limp and can bare almost no weight on my left ankle. My right ankle isn't as bad but is getting worse, so..just letting you know work isn't an excuse for not exercising.

I plan to start exercising after work in a shorter routine than my original draft. I'll work through the pain. I'm still playing hockey 2-3 nights a week and running in the morning when I dont have an early shift at work. Diet has been ok, but not great. Again work has screwed up some of it. But also I'm being a little lazy. I've had to buy fast food twice in the past two weeks because my work shifts changed and I had to work through lunch. Anyhow, that wont happen anymore.

So things are gonna change and in about two weeks when I have fixed the prior mentioned mistakes I will weigh in for you guys.

See ya and thanks for your guys support.

~Lindsay

TheKansan
07-22-2007, 08:13 AM
Hey Goalie_Girl. just remember you can do some lifting that won't bother your ankles so much too. Leg extensions, leg curls, and any upper body exercises. Also think about the exercise bike, it might be easier on your ankle too.

cawiau
07-22-2007, 09:43 AM
Hope you hae fun in DisneyLand
ENjoy! :D

chrischap01
07-22-2007, 10:03 AM
Fast food is not the best option, but if you have to have it just about every place has grilled chicken sandwiches and/or salads, and a lot of places have fruit or other healthy options you can sub for fries. Whenever I have to get fast food I always get a sandwich and diet soda, and occasionally a salad (I only use about 1/4 to 1/3 of the dressing packet). I don't think fast food has screwed up my diet macros once!

Goalie_Girl
07-22-2007, 05:22 PM
Today at work I had a diet soda and a tuna sandwich. Not bad.

Goalie_Girl
07-27-2007, 11:39 PM
Ok. After some bad stuff I'm ready to get back to this diet and workout full time.

Due to some sickness I went through some kind of anxiety. It's hard to explain but I'll do my best. About 2 months ago I got suddenly sick and for one day had lots of vomiting and dihareea. I have always been afraid of throwing up. And I mean afraid. I despise it. So for a while like I said I was plagued with nausea and a hard time eating food, it had continued off and on until today when at a restaurant with my fanily I broke down at the table cause I felt sick. I went outise to get some fresh air and my mom came out. She had noticed my poor eating recently. I cried for a bit and had a talk with her. I guess I am traumatized by throwing up, I've had bad experiences with it since I was young. My mom and I had a talk. Apparently lately since my sickness whenever I think about eating or getting nauseas I feel like I'm going to throw up. So I haven't been able to eat well on and off lately. My mom talked to me about overcoming this and just sitting down and eating and not thinking about it. And I did and I ate a good portion. I know this sounds really dumb but it's true. I know lately I have posted a lot of things about my difficulties in losing weight but I'll be ok from now on. I'm not trying to make excuses or anything. So that is the latest update. I'm tired.

Thanks for listening everyone. Send me your luck. Next time I weigh in I will be smaller.

~Lindsay

cawiau
07-28-2007, 03:28 PM
Good to hear you are getting back on track.
Your heatlh is the most precious thing you will always have, so take care of yourself.

and of course...keep us posted!

Goalie_Girl
07-28-2007, 05:02 PM
Thanks cawiau, will do. I'm glad to be feeling better and getting back to my normal stuff.

cawiau
07-28-2007, 06:28 PM
Good...so now keep on kicking some ass!

Goalie_Girl
07-29-2007, 09:09 PM
Lately I haven't had much time to workout cause I have a much busier work schedule so I'm chainging my workouts to morning on the days where I work late. So tomorrow I wont workout in the morning cause I work at 9. But on day's where I work till 6 I'll work out for an hour, shower and then head to work. Hockey tryouts are in about a month and a half. I definately feel stronger 'm just not lighter lately. Oh well. Tomorrow I'll keep a food log, but I wont post till after work at around 4 or possibly later cause I need to workout.

Freddie Beef
07-30-2007, 06:15 AM
Baby steps, you are gonna figure it out!!

Goalie_Girl
08-01-2007, 09:59 AM
Well today I had a yogurt for breakfast(100 calories) and then jogged/walked for 25 minutes. It's a structured program I do. Right now I'm gonna rest and then hit some weights, and some plyos.

cawiau
08-01-2007, 11:13 AM
Well today I had a yogurt for breakfast(100 calories) and then jogged/walked for 25 minutes. It's a structured program I do. Right now I'm gonna rest and then hit some weights, and some plyos.

Good...keep us posted ;)

Bellerose25
08-03-2007, 07:49 AM
WOW, I neglect this thing for a couple of days and look what happens. YAY more women on the V-diet, awesome! I realized that skipping my last shake and doing waaaaayyyy too much cardio was really hindering my progress. I basically wasn't getting enough calories. So yeah, definitely lay-off HIIT on this thing.

Goalie_Girl
08-04-2007, 09:13 AM
I'm not on the v-diet...

But I'm feeling much better now. Eating better and healthier and exercising more although my work schedule has made this a little difficult. I plan on working out after I get home from work today...I work 32 hours this week, no wonder my feet hurt! :O But in all seriousness I can feel some progress being made now I just gotta keep it up.

I had a question though for you guys. How long would you say your workout session lasts? I know its different for everyone according to their schedule, stamina and routine, but I wanna know. I think I may have made mine too long.

Thanks a bunch for the support guys.

Freddie Beef
08-04-2007, 09:25 AM
I had a question though for you guys. How long would you say your workout session lasts? I know its different for everyone according to their schedule, stamina and routine, but I wanna know. I think I may have made mine too long.

Thanks a bunch for the support guys.

My weight workouts last on average an hour and 10 min at most, and my cardio is never longer than 45 min. I think anything longer for weights is detrimental, and cardio I would say an hour at the most . But that is MY opinion.

cawiau
08-04-2007, 11:31 AM

Can I anwer....please, pretty please :p

LOL :D

My workout session used to last 2 hours and I found that was too long...way too long.
Went back to the drawing board, reduce the rest time, cut some workouts and added others, now my lifitng period last about 1 hour....1 hour and 30 minutes if I have to change my routine or weight for a bench or squat rack

You get the picture :rolleyes:
Wish you the best girl and keep at it :D

Goalie_Girl
08-04-2007, 05:53 PM
Ok, good I'm revising mine a little to tailor it to an hour. Thanks.

So I'm down weight today even though I'm up since I last posted. Because of my eating problems, vaction and inconsistency I had gone up to 157 but I was too embarrassed to post. Now I'm at 155.5 (partially full stomach) and back on the losing streak. I hope to get to 150 by next friday if I can. We'll see.

cawiau
08-04-2007, 09:05 PM
Good to know you are back on track!!!
Just keep at it :D

Illuminatus
08-05-2007, 04:20 AM
"-Look good and feel confident in a bikini, boy I cant wait for that, maybe I'll even get a boyfriend then. "

oh, it's TOTALLY gonna change your life!!!
You are gonna feel SO different!

You are gonna reach your goals.... and then you are gonna keep going.... and going!!!

I was 250 & had a 46 inch waist in 2002.
1.5 years later I was 186, 32 inch waist and under 10% bodyfat.

Nice work so far! Coming along.

For me, the REAL key to losing fat has always been lifting and lifting intensely... over cardio.

Goalie_Girl
08-05-2007, 09:53 PM
Thanks for all the support guys. Right now I'm sick so I didn't work out today but I did go to work for 6 hours. I walked to and from work so I got some exercise but not much. Tomorrow night I play hockey again after being off for two weeks. I cant wait, I've missed it so much.

Still tweaking my workout just a little bit and adding final touches. I'll post when its done.

Bellerose25
08-06-2007, 01:31 PM
whoops sorry posted on wrong forum, but good luck with your goals anyways!

cawiau
08-06-2007, 03:15 PM
Thanks for all the support guys. Right now I'm sick so I didn't work out today but I did go to work for 6 hours. I walked to and from work so I got some exercise but not much. Tomorrow night I play hockey again after being off for two weeks. I cant wait, I've missed it so much.

Still tweaking my workout just a little bit and adding final touches. I'll post when its done.

feel better soon :)
And waiting for your workout :D

Goalie_Girl
08-06-2007, 05:32 PM
I've ate well today and walked some. I play hockey tonight for the first time in 2.5 weeks. I'm nervous but very excited and anxious.

I figure I'd post my workout. I haven't switched to this one yet but once I'm no longer sick I'm gonna jump right into this. During my less busy time with hockey I'll be doing this 5 times a week. When it gets busier it may be as little as 2-3. I will do it any day I'm not playing hockey. I'm hoping it'll take approximately 65-85 minutes. Here it is:

N times a week, rest days are hockey days
Typical workout like this usually includes:
? 15 minute warm-up on stationary bike(or run) + stretching
? One set of Plyo?s (Set A or B)+ One of the exercise days below(Day 0-4)
? 10 minute cooldown on stationary bike(or run) + stretching

Day 0:

Wall squat. Squat against the ball. Keep you back straight and use appropriate weights.

Hip extension knee flexion. Start from your back and first straighten your body and get your back off from the floor. Next bend your knees and last bring the ball back towards you as close as you can get it. Then bring it back and repeat the move.

1-Leg squat. Keep your back leg on top of the ball as far as possible while squatting. Coach can help the proper movement by keeping the ball away from getting too close to the goalie. As your goalie advances you can add a small balance board under the front foot too.

Angled 1-leg wall squat. Keep your inner foot off from the ground while squatting with outer foot and body angled as in the photos.

Medicine ball lunge. Pass the medicine ball to the coach or your goalie partner while performing a forward lunge step. Ball will be passed back to you as you push back up. You can do this either with one leg at the time or alternate the leg that comes forward.

Leg blaster. bring the ball as far as possible from your body and then back to as close as possible while maintaining as hard pressure as you can on the ball by pushing it down with your leg. This is one of the best moves for goalies.

Stomach & back. Finish your round always with set of stomach and back crunches.

Plyos:

4x a week:

15 Min cardio + stretching
Workout + Plyos
10 Min Cardio + Stretching
Set 1: 12 Set 2: 10 Set 3: 8
Day 1: Chest And Back
? Flat dumbbell press or bench press
? Flat heavy dumbbell flys
? Dumbbell rows
? Around The Worlds
? Stiff Legged Dumbell Lifts
? Push Ups
Day 2: Shoulders, Traps, And Abs
? Standing military press or dumbbell press
? Arnold press
? Front dumbbell raises
? Side dumbbell raises
? Rear dumbbell raises
? Dumbbell shrugs
? Weighted side bends
? Crunches
? Side crunches
Day 3: Arms
? Weighted dips
? One arm triceps extensions
? Dumbbell curls
? Hammer curls
? Reverse curls
? Forearm bench curls
? Rope and dowel wrist roller
? Push Ups
Day 4: Legs
? Deep Knee Bends
? Standing calf raises
? Dumbell Lunges
? Rocking Calf Raises
? Seated Dumbell Calf Raises
? Dumbell Step Ups
? Single Leg Squats
Plyos:

Set A: * 4 way sprints: On go sprint forward, then left, then right and then backwards for 15 seconds each. (x3)
* Back and forth sprints: Sprint between two points (one set, 8)
* Obstacle course: Set up course, run at full speed in athletic stance (x3)
* Run in place: Go as fast as you can for 30 seconds
* Fast and slow: Run about 100 feet, do 25 at 100% full speed, 25 at 50% full speed, 25 at 100% full speed and 25 feet at 25% full speed.(x3)
* Lay ups: ay down and get to feet as quickly as possible using the least amount of body/effort (x5)
* Somersaults: Start on stomach, stand quickly, do 5 somersaults in a row.
(x3)
* Drop to knees, then pop up, throw a tennis ball and catch. 30 seconds as fast as you can.

Set B: * Jump as high as you can (x5)
* Crouching jump: Jump from a crouch as far as you can in front of you and land in a crouch(x5)
* Jump Rope: At least 5 minutes, change pace, add crossovers, change direction and practice jumping over lines.
* Tennis Ball drills: Dribble, bounce with glove. Bounce with blocker. Squeeze in each hand for a minute.
* Ladder drills: Shuffle in stance in ladder. Run alternating foot steps. Hop it like hopscotch, hop it diagonally. Alternate sprinting and jumping.
* Balance with a foot on each dumbbell in your stance(or balance on a ball), throw a ball and make glove and blocker saves. Mimic save movements. Do squats.
* Practice handstands and walking on your hands.
* Hold weights in catcher and blocker hands and mimic saves, gently but try and use strength.
*Drop to knees, quickly stand and jump in forward and then across do both sides.

Goalie_Girl
08-06-2007, 05:40 PM
Just weighed myself, 154! Sweet!

Freddie Beef
08-06-2007, 08:30 PM
Congrats

chrischap01
08-06-2007, 08:31 PM
good job!

cawiau
08-06-2007, 09:56 PM
Just weighed myself, 154! Sweet!

great job and that is some workout you had upthere ;)

Goalie_Girl
08-09-2007, 01:23 PM
Weighed in this morning at 152 completely empty. New lowest! Woo hoo! A total wight loss of 11.5 pounds!

Freddie Beef
08-09-2007, 06:17 PM
way to kick ass

Goalie_Girl
08-10-2007, 10:04 AM
My body is really changing, I love it. My pants are fitting better. I plan to run later tonight, see if I can get a better mile. I work from 11-8. Tomorrow I play hockey so no workout but I may run in the morning anyway.

Goalie_Girl
08-11-2007, 07:18 PM
Didnt actually run either day, wishful thinking but Iwas busy. But I did post a new progress pic so look.

Freddie Beef
08-11-2007, 08:14 PM
lookin good!!! kEEP IT UP!!

chrischap01
08-11-2007, 10:28 PM
good job, keep up the hard work!!

Goalie_Girl
08-19-2007, 08:29 AM
Pro roller hockey is making a comeback and its coming close to me. Its always been my dream to play pro so I'm going to be working that much harder to get on shape to make this dream come true. Im so excited.

Freddie Beef
08-19-2007, 01:02 PM
Pro roller hockey is making a comeback and its coming close to me. Its always been my dream to play pro so I'm going to be working that much harder to get on shape to make this dream come true. Im so excited.

Sounds like you will be a pro soon!!

Goalie_Girl
08-28-2007, 02:47 PM
Been lazy and ate like crap lately. I know I've gained. I just haven't had energy lately. But now Im newly motivated so I'm gonna get back into it. Tryouts are in about a week, so yep.

Goalie_Girl
08-29-2007, 04:59 PM
in just a few days I am starting a new workout program. One that is more structured and a littls shorter then the one I made. We'll see how it goes.

FrostFox
08-29-2007, 06:25 PM
RIPPETOES

IT WORKS FOR WOMEN TOO

Sorry, I just had to throw that in there ;)

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=998224

If you need any advice as to how much weight for each exercise or any other questions about this program, just let me know.

Goalie_Girl
08-29-2007, 08:33 PM
I wish I could do rippetoes. I just dont have the equioment, but thanks.

So yeah, this new workout is gonna work great I think. We'll see.I just gotta stick committed and for christ sakes eat right. And I know that's my fault, so there are no excuses and im going to change.

I'll take pictures 30 days after starting my workout program.

Goalie_Girl
09-21-2007, 03:26 PM
Hey folks. I havent been around lately but her I am. Tryouts went well. I made 2 teams, i tryed out for two. I picked one and now its time to really kick it into gear to get into the best shape I can this season. I'd like a national championship so bad this year.

So I'm going to workout on monday. I wish I could work out earlier but I literally work all weekend. Then I have a lot of studying but I'm gonna try my best. So wish me luck!

Freddie Beef
09-21-2007, 05:49 PM
Hey folks. I havent been around lately but her I am. Tryouts went well. I made 2 teams, i tryed out for two. I picked one and now its time to really kick it into gear to get into the best shape I can this season. I'd like a national championship so bad this year.

So I'm going to workout on monday. I wish I could work out earlier but I literally work all weekend. Then I have a lot of studying but I'm gonna try my best. So wish me luck!

GOOD LUCK!!

Goalie_Girl
09-23-2007, 10:19 PM
Thanks, I cant wait to workout tomorrow.

Goalie_Girl
09-24-2007, 10:38 PM
I actually played two games of hockey tonight and will workout tomorrow. I'm gonna buy some new resistance bands! Woo hoo!

Goalie_Girl
09-25-2007, 04:44 PM
Well, I ended up injuring my knee so I will have to wait a few days to work out. Bugger. :( I'm buying resistance bands on thursday.

Freddie Beef
09-25-2007, 08:49 PM
Sorry to hear that..INJURIES SUCK A$$

Goalie_Girl
09-25-2007, 11:40 PM
Yeah me too, luckily its just a strain but it hurts a littleespecially when I lift my leg to step into a car. My knee has popped a bunch these past 2 days. But it actually feels good. I will definately work out on friday.

Goalie_Girl
09-28-2007, 07:00 AM
I picked up my resistance bands yesterday and tried em out. As I was using them all I could think about was it snapping and causing bodily harm, lol. But it seems like a good piece to add to my home gym. I will probably get higher resistance ones later. I'll probably work out tonight, but if I am too sore from work I'll do it saturday morning.

Freddie Beef
09-28-2007, 07:25 AM
I always wondered about those bands, glad you like em.

Goalie_Girl
09-28-2007, 08:20 PM
I'm just too sore tonight to work out so tomorrow morning i'll do it before work. I cant wait.

Goalie_Girl
09-29-2007, 08:39 AM
Wo hoo. I just finished a chest/back and abs workout. It was good.

I did that on an empty stomach and now I just ate a slimfast optima bar and drank some muscle milk. Calorie totals:

350 calories
135 cals from fat
23g protein

I'd like to buy some protein towards the end of this week. I'm gonna go for some optimmum nutrition 100% whey in chocolate flavor.
Plus I have a shopping list, here it is:

Oatmeal
natural peanut butter
strawberries
carrots
fish oil
protein bars
muscle milk
protein powder
chicken breast
eggs
tuna/chicken salad(no mayo)

Let me know if there is more I should add to it.

Freddie Beef
09-29-2007, 09:03 AM
List looks good!

chrischap01
09-29-2007, 09:28 AM
get some green stuff too!

Goalie_Girl
09-29-2007, 09:41 AM
Alright, I do have some broccoli, lettuce and spinach. I'll pick up some tomato and soybeans too, maybe some peas and corn but not too much as those are kind of sugary.

I also took a multi vitamin today. Other than that, protein powder, and fish oil is there anything else I would need supplement wise?

Goalie_Girl
10-03-2007, 06:58 PM
So I have worked out 3 times in the last 3 days, and i took a day off cause was sore. And now I'm about to work out again. So yeah. I'm stoked. I think I need to eat more though cause I'm hungry a lot, so I'm gonna drink more and up my protein intake.

Goalie_Girl
10-03-2007, 11:25 PM
Worked out again after having yesterday off. Good thing I did cause I felt rested and well for tonights workout. So yeah, I did arms and shoulders today. I'll try to wiegh myself tomorrow morning. Its been well over a month since I weighed myself. Tomorrow I have yoga, possibly some cardio in the early morning.

Goalie_Girl
10-10-2007, 11:18 PM
I gained 10 pounds for some reason, its weird my weight can fluctuate really quickly. I admit I wasnt the best with my diet, but not that bad. I have also put on some noticable size in my arms and back. I am now going to very strictly stick to my diet so I can shed some more fat and show off my new muscles.

FrostFox
10-10-2007, 11:47 PM
Don't worry about it. Rarely is weight loss completely linear in the downward direction. Or it can be something else, like water retention. Maybe you depleted your body's supply of glycogen, causing your weight to fall when in reality there was no fat loss and you finally filled it back up. In any case, you should be more worried about your measurements and not a number on a scale. Scale weight should just be a general barometer - a tool which you use to see in general how you are doing. The measuring tape is what tells the true story.

It is only through prolonged effort that we finally reach our goals. I know you'll reach yours, Goalie girl. :)

Goalie_Girl
10-11-2007, 07:01 AM
Thanks Frostfox. It feels good to hear that.

I'm gona work really hard. I jut wish there were more hours in the day. lol.

Goalie_Girl
10-21-2007, 02:39 PM
So after a 10 pound gain I mentioned above I am back into this thing. Tomorrow I start a super clean diet for two weeks. Very clean eating. And then after 2 weeks depending on my progress I will modify it. So expect 2to see a new me in two weeks. I'll will be keeping a log this time for sure. My new goal is to be at 140 in 6 weeks. Right now I'm in roughly the 162-165 range. Something like that. And let me tell you I am really ashamed of myself for letting myself fall all the way back. But obviously I struggle with this and that is why I got here in the first place. So I roughyl would like to lose at least 20 pounds in 6 weeks. 42 days for 20 pounds. Thats roughly .48 pounds a day. 3.3 pounds week, yes a lofty goal but I am NOT messing around this time. I plan to be exercising 6 days a week. Possibly 7. Hockey will be 3 times a week with workouts(cardio, yoga, weight lifting, etc.) the other 3 or four. Yoga days will count as rest days. So tomorrow morning I weigh myself and I'll start my log. My reward if I meet my goal....new clothes! Woot. I'm tired of wearing baggy t-shirts to hid my frame. Good by old clothes!

You guys better get ready! ;)

Goalie_Girl
10-22-2007, 11:13 PM
Started today at 164 pounds, 134.5 waist.

Today's Food:

Breakfast: 8 oz orange juice
1 cup of cheerios
1/2 cup 1% fat milk
small banana

Snack: Apple

Lunch: Sandwich Wrap (whole wheat roll, slice of swiss cheese, smoked ham, lettuce mustard and pepper.)

Small handful of Almonds

Snack: Small grilled cheese (this wsnt really planned. I went to a friends house and was really hungry. low fat american cheese slice, whole grain bread, healthy butter spread)

Dinner: Salmon, brown rice pilaf, large salad

Snack/Dessert: Cup of slices of peaches, bluberries and rasberries topped with cinnamon, nutmeg and 6-8 chocolate chips.

Other: Fish Oil(3), Multi-vitamin, Water throughout day, diet soda.

Exercise for the day:

Early day: Hackey Sack

Mid day: Ping Pong (yes I worked up a sweat it was a hard game!)

Evening: Hockey Game (cut out gatorade and drank water instead.)

Freddie Beef
10-23-2007, 06:52 AM
Looks good, but I would drink accclerade instead of water at the game. Do they still make accelerade?...lol

chrischap01
10-23-2007, 07:33 AM
diet looks good, i am not sure about your ping pong and hackeysack workout though. ;)

keep up the hard work, you will get there!

Goalie_Girl
10-23-2007, 10:04 AM
Thanks lol, you should see me play ping pong, its extreme!

But here's what I;ve eaten so far today:

Breakfast:

8 oz orange juice
1 cup kashi go lean crunch cereal
1/2 cup 1% fat milk

other: multivitamin, fish oil

I'll workout tonight. I think it's chest and back tonight.

Goalie_Girl
10-31-2007, 01:15 PM
Sorry I didnt keep my log this week but I have been very busy. I lost 2.5 pounds sinc emonday and an inch of my waist. I'm just hoping for more progress and that I can lose consistently for a few weeks. Wish me luck, Happy Halloween everyone, I dont plan to eat any candy but hey, I might have one funsize piece, you never know....I'm gonna try not to though and just work out instead.

Goalie_Girl
11-02-2007, 10:18 PM
Breakfast: Small amount of light cream chease on whole wheat muffin with a littl bit of smoked salmon (not the usual breakfast, usually its fruit and cereal)

Snack: Almonds

Lunch: Half sandwich (whole wheat bread, low fat american cheese, spinach, fat free ham) apple

Dinner: Trout, rissotto, squash

Dessert: Tootsie roll (50 cals)

Other: Multivitamin, fish oil, water, diet soda

Exercise: 10 Minute hard run, 10 minute brisk walk

Goalie_Girl
11-03-2007, 12:02 AM
Looks good, but I would drink accclerade instead of water at the game. Do they still make accelerade?...lol

back to drinking gatorade, water just doesn;t refuel me as well.

I feel lonely in here, just a hi would be nice..

Freddie Beef
11-03-2007, 07:14 AM
Dont feel lonely, I check in, just really dont know what to say except you are doin a helluva job and ae really goin to have an amazing transformation when you are done. Oh and ......hi

chrischap01
11-03-2007, 07:20 AM
Hi!

Goalie_Girl
11-03-2007, 08:53 PM
Thanks guys!

I think I'm really gonna do it this time. I am super motivated and I wont let anything stand in my way. I think in just the past two weeks my waist has reduced significantly. I weigh in on monday...and I hope to have lost at least 4 pounds this week cause I worked hard.

chrischap01
11-03-2007, 09:50 PM
I am super motivated and I wont let anything stand in my way.

hells yeah! that's what i like to hear!

Goalie_Girl
11-03-2007, 10:18 PM
I've got 30-35 pounds to lose approximately. My goal is to do that in 13 weeks. Thats about 2.69 pounds per week. I would be stoked if I could do it faster thatn that though. I lost 2.5 pounds last week, so I guess I'm on pace.
I dont really have a specific number but I want to get in the healthy age range for my height and I have a look I want to acheive.

Goalie_Girl
11-04-2007, 01:42 PM
Did hockey practice this morning and that will be it for today except for my walk to work....I'm steeped in homework!

Goalie_Girl
11-06-2007, 10:24 AM
Lost another 2 pounds this week!

chrischap01
11-06-2007, 10:36 AM
Lost another 2 pounds this week!

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/images/icons/icon14.gif

Goalie_Girl
11-06-2007, 10:21 PM
I worked out chest and back today as well as abs. I feel like I may have lost muscle mass since I took a few weeks of eating right because the number of pushups I ccan do has been reduced significantly. I dont feel as strong in that area whichis kind of a bummer but oh well. I 'm gonna work on it everday.

So yeah, yesterday I weighed in with a 2 pound loss for the week, total loss of 4.5 pounds in two weeks. I am hoping for a 3 next week.

Goalie_Girl
11-07-2007, 09:20 AM
My abs and lats hurt! Lol, but it feels good. I love it! I cant wait to workout again today.

Goalie_Girl
11-07-2007, 04:14 PM
Oh s*#%! I cheated. :( I couldnt help it. I had this little scone thing and a few tootsie rolls. Im so mad at myself, I'm just gonna have to workout extra hard. That frustrates me. I know it was my fault but I couldnt stop myself. Oh well. A mistake is a mistake. I'll just have to keep going. Your first mistake is never the one that breaks a diet! I'm off to workout.

Goalie_Girl
11-08-2007, 09:23 PM
After a couple intense workouts I'm gonna take a break tonight. My muscles are killing me! My lats, abs, thighs and delts burn! Thats pretty much everything. Tomorrow I'll be back at it. Then I have hockey saturday-monday and its back to workouts after that.

Freddie Beef
11-09-2007, 05:27 AM
After a couple intense workouts I'm gonna take a break tonight. My muscles are killing me! My lats, abs, thighs and delts burn! Thats pretty much everything. Tomorrow I'll be back at it. Then I have hockey saturday-monday and its back to workouts after that.

Sounds like you are bustin a$$!!!

Goalie_Girl
11-09-2007, 09:51 AM
I am, I'll let you guys in on my workout plan in a little bit, I wanna do it a little longer before I get too happy about it.

But, I'm definately seeing (and feeling) some major results. I'm gonna skip the workout today too because I'm still sore and I have hockey tomorrow. I'll do some cardio when I get home though. I've been keeping up well with my diet. And I hope to lose another 2-3 pounds this week. Who knows, I cheated so we'll see.

Good to hear others around here are doing well. I'll take some picturese as soon as my camera is charged.

Goalie_Girl
11-10-2007, 10:42 PM
Well, I weigh in on monday again. I cheated a few times this week but I feel ok. I really felt like I needed it. It definately will not be the same next week.

Playing hockey lately. I'm doing well. I'm faster and getting better push out of my legs.

I was wondering what the healthiest way to cheat a little was because my weakness is chocolate. If I didnt crave it so much I wouldnt cheat. I was thinking a few dark chocolate covered almonds every few days? Or a square of dark chocolate?

I would love some input.

Goalie_Girl
11-12-2007, 10:54 AM
Woo hoo! 2.5 pounds this week. I'm down to 157. Pics soon.

Goalie_Girl
11-12-2007, 10:14 PM
I cheated tonight, I had pasta with seafood and whitebread. Then I played some hockey. I feel good.

Goalie_Girl
11-13-2007, 10:19 AM
I plan on taking a walk today. Then coming home and working delts, bi's and tri's. Then I'll do abs. I might throw in some cardio but I dont know.

Goalie_Girl
11-14-2007, 09:00 PM
Didnt end up working out yesterday cause of homework. But I playe 1 and a 1/4 hockey games tonight. On Saturday I have my first hockey tournament of the season, which means 4, possibly 5 games in one day! :O I'm so excited!

Goalie_Girl
11-21-2007, 08:31 AM
I've been sick since sunday so I havent exercised much at all. I feel horrible!

Freddie Beef
11-21-2007, 09:37 AM
I've been sick since sunday so I havent exercised much at all. I feel horrible!

Get well soon!!!

Goalie_Girl
11-28-2007, 09:32 AM
Thanks toobigfred!

I am feeling much better although I still have a nagging cough.

I plan on running and working out tonight. Gonna do arms and abs. Cause I still havent done that, I've been doing my workouts out of order. I didnt gain at all over thanksgiving which was great! I am working on reaching a few goals:

Not gain at all during the holidays! (I have been cheating a little but not too much.)

Gain muscle....(number to be determined soon!)

One handed push ups and abs by....March 27!(My 17th birthday)

Goalie_Girl
11-30-2007, 09:49 AM
I have not been sleeping well lately so I havent been getting a real good workout done. So I'm gonna try to sleep more lately and then hopefully I will have more energy.

My friends think my arms are buff. :D lol.

Freddie Beef
11-30-2007, 10:06 AM
I have not been sleeping well lately so I havent been getting a real good workout done. So I'm gonna try to sleep more lately and then hopefully I will have more energy.

My friends think my arms are buff. :D lol.

Not getting enough sleep sucks, GO TO BED!!!!!!!

Goalie_Girl
12-01-2007, 12:45 AM
Im definately trying to get more sleep. But for now I'll have to settle. Things are going ok but I seemed to have plateaud....oh well, ill just have to change it up.