PDA

View Full Version : ctjacket's VDiet log :)

ctjacket
05-13-2007, 02:11 PM
Okay I am losing weight, but I kind of plateaued right now, and I suspect my diet. So to kick start everything again, I'm going to do the velocity diet.

Right now I am at 230. I started at about 250 in early Feb.

My max is 1900, min is 1600.

MWF - 1840 calories, around 270g protein, and 98g carbs
TTS - 1720 calories, around 240g protein, and about 60g carbs.

Supps I'm using:

Flameout (instead of 21 fish oil caps)
Matrix 5.0
Surge (post-workout on MWF)
A thing of milled flax from Whole Foods.
All natural pb (2 tbsp a day in my night shake to make sure i hit the calorie goals without going over the carb limit)

Ill get some pics up later and try and get waist measurements too.
And according to my scale and calipers, Im at about 20-21% bf.

So how does this look?

NeedToBeBig
05-13-2007, 02:14 PM
cool, I guess. Im not a fan of the V-diet but I've seen it deleiver before. Good luck on it.

ctjacket
05-13-2007, 11:34 PM
Is around 20g of fiber good or should I take more?

ctjacket
05-14-2007, 09:35 AM
Okay well started this morning.

Man that first shake was tough to get down. It was chocolate 5.0

Im going to try the orange one now and hopefully that is better. Otherwise this is going to be a tough 4 weeks.

Finnegan Bell
05-14-2007, 10:18 AM
Is around 20g of fiber good or should I take more?
Fiber intake according to RDA is 25-40 gms.

ctjacket
05-14-2007, 10:36 AM
Thanks.

Ill go pick up some fiber pills then.

The orange is much much better than the chocolate.
I think Im going to order some vanilla so I can do 1 scoop orange and 1 scoop vanilla.

SkinnyDip
05-14-2007, 10:50 AM
Good luck, I am suscribing to see how well you do on your journey.

ctjacket
05-14-2007, 12:10 PM
Yea man I saw that you and someone else are just starting now too.

Im watching all of them.

ctjacket
05-14-2007, 06:29 PM
Okay heres the before pics.

Today was good. Not difficult at all. I think because I am so focused on this, food is not even an issue. But we'll see if I change my tune in a week or so.

What are all you guys doing on your non-lifting days? Is 30min of cardio on the elliptical too much?

Also I'm pretty sure my waistline is around 38-40. I couldn't find any type of tape measure anywhere.

ctjacket
05-15-2007, 03:37 PM
So far so good today.

I just had a huge craving for food because everyone around me was making dinner.

But I perservered and am now drinking my second to last shake of the night. :)

Is 8 pints of water enough a day or should I aim for more?

ctjacket
05-15-2007, 07:08 PM
Is this too much water?

SkinnyDip
05-16-2007, 06:00 AM
I am taking in roughly a gallon, or 128oz of water, which is exactly 8 pints.

ctjacket
05-16-2007, 11:51 AM
Okay nice.

Is there any problem with having one or two diet pepsis a day?

SkinnyDip
05-16-2007, 12:11 PM
Okay nice.

Is there any problem with having one or two diet pepsis a day?

Not going to lie, I did have a diet pepsi yesterday, I figured if Chris has coffee on his, then I can do a diet on mine.

ctjacket
05-16-2007, 03:05 PM
Ha yea thats true.

I mean theres really nothing in it anyway. Much less than coffee.

heathershubby
05-16-2007, 06:21 PM
Ha yea thats true.

I mean theres really nothing in it anyway. Much less than coffee.

I hate to be the one to tell ya and I feel almost like a hypocrit as I drink 5 or 6 diet pepsis a day but there is 2 differences one its carbonated which means your body reacts differently to it then water as it is acidic and then there is the big one the salt a can of diet pepsi (canadian u.s. may be different) has 30mg of sodium. The answer for me is for every pop I drink I drink a extra glass of water. Good luck your doing great keep it up.

ctjacket
05-16-2007, 07:16 PM
I hate to be the one to tell ya and I feel almost like a hypocrit as I drink 5 or 6 diet pepsis a day but there is 2 differences one its carbonated which means your body reacts differently to it then water as it is acidic and then there is the big one the salt a can of diet pepsi (canadian u.s. may be different) has 30mg of sodium. The answer for me is for every pop I drink I drink a extra glass of water. Good luck your doing great keep it up.

Ah okay.

Well I'm all out of diet soda in my fridge anyway, so no more for the next 25 days.

Man I'm just worried that I'm doing this whole diet and nothing is going to change. But I haven't seen anyone not lose a good amount of weight doing this. Any other Vdieters feel like that?

25 days left!

SkinnyDip
05-16-2007, 07:33 PM
Ah okay.

Well I'm all out of diet soda in my fridge anyway, so no more for the next 25 days.

Man I'm just worried that I'm doing this whole diet and nothing is going to change. But I haven't seen anyone not lose a good amount of weight doing this. Any other Vdieters feel like that?

25 days left!

Jon4127 who was 200, lost 17lbs in a month and he keep it off. That is two months of work.

ctjacket
05-17-2007, 07:22 PM
25 days left!

I weigh myself on Monday to check my progress.

ctjacket
05-17-2007, 08:55 PM
Hopefully someone can help me out with this.

I have a drug test coming up for my new job. Is there anyway at all any of these pills Im taking can give any false positives or anything like that? I was thinking about stopping the day before if there was even a chance that would happen. It probably makes them think somethings up too when my urine comes out this almost greenish color or is really watered down.

Get Bit
05-18-2007, 11:16 AM
Hopefully someone can help me out with this.

I have a drug test coming up for my new job. Is there anyway at all any of these pills Im taking can give any false positives or anything like that? I was thinking about stopping the day before if there was even a chance that would happen. It probably makes them think somethings up too when my urine comes out this almost greenish color or is really watered down.

NO, they are testing for illegal drugs.. you will be fine.

ctjacket
05-18-2007, 11:49 AM
Yea I know that. Just making sure like theres no chance any of this stuff would somehow show up as illegal drugs.

I feel like I am thinner right now than when I started. But this weekend is going to be a real test to see how well I can hold up. People partying all around me and eating out all the time. At least I have the new Halo 3 beta to keep me busy.

cawiau
05-18-2007, 01:02 PM
Stop worrying about the testing, you will be fine.

And good luck on the V diet. WIll keep an eye on your progress.

ctjacket
05-19-2007, 09:49 AM
So my one solid meal today.

By substituting out one shake and some flax, I am going to have 3 eggs and 3 small turkey meatballs. Mmmmmmmm.

Ronto
05-19-2007, 09:55 AM
Hey, I just started the v-diet today. I'll have to keep track of yours since we started a few days from each other.

heathershubby
05-19-2007, 11:55 AM
So my one solid meal today.

By substituting out one shake and some flax, I am going to have 3 eggs and 3 small turkey meatballs. Mmmmmmmm.

LOL I bet they were the best tasting eggs and turkey meat balls ever

I can't wait till monday to see how your doing keep it up man good job

ctjacket
05-20-2007, 06:30 PM
One week done!

3 left.

Weigh in tomorrow.

cawiau
05-21-2007, 05:57 AM
One week done!

3 left.

Weigh in tomorrow.

Good Job....The rest will be a walk in the park from now on.
Just got back from Vegas and re-starting back again today.

Keep up the great work

ctjacket
05-21-2007, 06:42 AM
Okay first update!

I definitely feel thinner, and the pics show it.

I messed up on my first weight measurement. I forgot that I stepped on the scale and got 235 initially, then went back on 5 min later and saw 230.5.
So I figure I was actually somewhere in the middle to begin with.

I am 228.5 as of this morning! Double checked about 15 min after the first one.

Heres progress pics. You can notice it around my stomach. If I was better at taking photos it would be easier to see.

ctjacket
05-25-2007, 06:26 PM
Okay so far so good.

Haven't cheated once.

Weigh in on Monday morning. I swear my triceps are stronger now from when I started.

phillepe
05-25-2007, 06:46 PM
dude, you stomach is much smaller than mine and I'm about 20lbs lighter than you! Thats great man. Sucks for me though. Good luck with your diet!

ctjacket
05-27-2007, 02:15 PM
Okay I weigh in tomorrow morning.

Just got back from the mall and everyone around me was eating all those good smelling foods from the foodcourt. I didnt cheat once. Just sat there with my friends drinking my protein.

Almost halfway done.

ctjacket
05-28-2007, 09:28 AM
Weighed in this morning at 223!

Very very happy with the results so far. My shorts are fitting looser, and I am becoming more defined.

So far I lost roughly 10 lbs! 2 weeks left!

I started this whole thing out with the goal that I can get below 220. Now I think I am going to aim for 217.

Ronto
05-28-2007, 11:24 AM
Weighed in this morning at 223!

Very very happy with the results so far. My shorts are fitting looser, and I am becoming more defined.

So far I lost roughly 10 lbs! 2 weeks left!

I started this whole thing out with the goal that I can get below 220. Now I think I am going to aim for 217.

Good job bro, keep going you could get 217 easily. Just don't give up!

ctjacket
05-29-2007, 10:03 PM
Yea I think so.

Im wondering if I should cut down on doing 30 min of cardio everyday?

The one thing I notice more than anywhere else is definition in my arms. There was basically none before, now there is a lot. Ill get some pics of that when Im all done with this.

ctjacket
06-02-2007, 01:20 PM
Almost 1 week left.

Weigh in again on Monday.

Had my solid meal today, and also had to do my friday weights today since I was unable to yesterday.

ctjacket
06-04-2007, 04:12 AM
221 this morning!

And bodyfat on the scale dropped a whole 1%! I know those aren't that accurate, but this is the first time that it has consistently read 1% lower. I think it may be more than that though.

I figure I have lost more this following week, because I know for a fact I put more muscle on too because I have gone up in all of my weights. Still have a goal of 217 by next Monday. Ill be training very hard this next coming week.

ctjacket
06-07-2007, 07:56 PM
Okay almost done.

These last few days are harder because I am now working/taking classes. I won't be able to lift tomorrow so Ill have to push that to Saturday. Also, I wasn't able to have a shake every 3 hours today, and probably tomorrow. Every 5 hours. But as long as Im getting them I think Im okay.

Down the final stretch here!

ctjacket
06-09-2007, 06:19 PM
One more full day left!

Then its the transition.

Ill post up results and pics on monday.