PDA

View Full Version : weight gain

jiggaman2815
05-11-2007, 03:21 PM
hey guys, i'm on a cut and this past week I just started creatine...loading phase until sunday (approx 20g/ day) and then I'm going to cut back to 5g a day for 5 weeks.

questions is, i have had steady losses and making good progess in the 5 weeks thus far on my cut and this week (today I weighed in) and weight 1 pound more than my last weigh in last week. could this be due to water retention from the creatine, i've heard that was a myth but just checking in with you guys. Also, I'm thinking it could be due to only completing 2 40 minute elliptical cardio sessions this week (normally I do 40 minutes every morning). I lift mon-friday.

could it be due to cardio, water retention from creatine, or maybe muscle gain (possibly?!)

my macros are always on point daily. i try to stay as close to 50/30/20 as possible ( i didnt do well with 40% carbs and seem to be fine now with 25-30%)

i'm 6-1 224lbs (started at 6-1 236 5 weeks ago)

thanks for any input. reps.

Dave P
05-11-2007, 03:24 PM
Just to make sure...are you weighing yourself at the same time as you did last week?

Ive never had creatine add weight. Creatines water retention is on a cellular level.

What kind of Creatine are you using and are you feeling "bloated"?

jiggaman2815
05-11-2007, 04:16 PM
Just to make sure...are you weighing yourself at the same time as you did last week?

Ive never had creatine add weight. Creatines water retention is on a cellular level.

What kind of Creatine are you using and are you feeling "bloated"?

not really feeling bloated. I weight myself every friday morning same time under the same conditions.

i heard something that creatine makes you retain water...just wondering if that was a myth, just trying to get to the bottom of my weight gain. I drink approx. 1 to 1 1.2 gallons of water a day.

dbx
05-11-2007, 04:21 PM
could this be due to water retention from the creatine, i've heard that was a myth but just checking in with you guys.

Yes, it could very well be from the creatine. No myth here, mono WILL make most people retain water.

The odd part: A little known fact here, is that when loading with creatine in the first 2 days or so, creatine will actually act as a diuretic. So if you've just begun loading, that's a bit odd. The again, you may have dumped a bunch of water the 1st loading day. Either way, my money is on the creatine. Don't worry about it, it's just water.

jiggaman2815
05-11-2007, 05:09 PM
Yes, it could very well be from the creatine. No myth here, mono WILL make most people retain water.

The odd part: A little known fact here, is that when loading with creatine in the first 2 days or so, creatine will actually act as a diuretic. So if you've just begun loading, that's a bit odd. The again, you may have dumped a bunch of water the 1st loading day. Either way, my money is on the creatine. Don't worry about it, it's just water.

thanks for your guys' help. I'll jsut have to watch the scale then next few weeks to see what happens.

PatMac
05-11-2007, 05:13 PM
I've started to shift over to not even paying attention to the scale since it fluctuates so much for me personally, the mirrors the way to go if you can get over the mental aspect of needing the number on the scale for peace of mind

djshortsleeve
05-11-2007, 05:18 PM
I've started to shift over to not even paying attention to the scale since it fluctuates so much for me personally, the mirrors the way to go if you can get over the mental aspect of needing the number on the scale for peace of mind

Exactly. The past few weeks I have been right around the same number on the scale, but I am looking leaner every week. Its all about putting muscle on and cutting up.

norcalmuscle
05-11-2007, 05:21 PM
If you're doing a cut shouldn't you wait to take your creatine until you're in your bulking stage?

jiggaman2815
05-11-2007, 05:39 PM
If you're doing a cut shouldn't you wait to take your creatine until you're in your bulking stage?

creatine is good to use for a bulk or a cut.