PDA

View Full Version : 100% Whey Protein

AFireInside
05-05-2004, 04:39 PM
yea i just bought some about an hour ago, a 48 oz one. anyways i just started weightlifting today and i wasm just wondering can someone tell me how to use this stuff and when. it would be really helpful. and by the way, how will this help me, wat does it do? thnx

Not So Big
05-05-2004, 04:43 PM
you should take it post workout(after your workouts), 1-2 scoops of it should be fine. some people take it rite when they wake up also to get there body some protein fast(since whey is digested quickly)to get there body out of catabolism.

"what will it do?" its just a protein powder, did u really by something that u have no idea as to what it is?

sfgiants13
05-05-2004, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by AFireInside
yea i just bought some about an hour ago, a 48 oz one. anyways i just started weightlifting today and i wasm just wondering can someone tell me how to use this stuff and when. it would be really helpful. and by the way, how will this help me, wat does it do? thnx

Taking some preworkout wouldn't be a bad idea either. It just supplies your body with amino acids and fast digesting protein making it optimal after exercise.

Not So Big
05-05-2004, 04:44 PM
oh yea i forgot to mention,make sure your getting carbs after your workout also.

AFireInside
05-06-2004, 01:40 PM
well i went to gnc and here is wat they told me to do, they told me to take it before i worked out and then it is possible to take it after. and they also told me to take it before i run 2 (i ususally run 2 miles a day) so wat i was wondering is, is it actually ok to take it before u run and will it do me any good and how much time should i give myself from the time i take it to the time i run or lift...

Not So Big
05-06-2004, 04:50 PM
personally, i would say have the whey after your workout, but i think you should have a actual meal(whole food) pre workout. and stick to the shakes for post workout. you can also have some for when you run to supply your body with all the amino acids. but i dont kno to much on cardio so wait for someone elses answer to that.

c_s
05-06-2004, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by AFireInside
well i went to gnc and here is wat they told me to do, they told me to take it before i worked out and then it is possible to take it after. and they also told me to take it before i run 2 (i ususally run 2 miles a day) so wat i was wondering is, is it actually ok to take it before u run and will it do me any good and how much time should i give myself from the time i take it to the time i run or lift...

Taking it before you run should help prevent catabolism, but it could also cause you to throw up. You probably would wanna take it around 30 minutes, possibly longer, before you run. About the same for lifting.

hepennypacker52
05-06-2004, 05:43 PM
I take my shakes immediately before and after working out...no problems.