PDA

View Full Version : how bad is pizza for you?



Taistelu
05-05-2004, 12:53 PM
^^ topic ^^

Taistelu
05-05-2004, 12:54 PM
and yeah i know its a dumb question, i just wanna know how bad it is

bakers11
05-05-2004, 01:03 PM
Look them up, here is a link to all the places that post their nutrtional information. Its pretty bad:

http://www.dietfacts.com/fastfood.asp

Taistelu
05-05-2004, 01:15 PM
i am now offically terrified of pizza. i had it for dinner last night and was gunna have two or three leftover pieces for dinner tonight, but i suddenly lost my appetite after reading that

bakers11
05-05-2004, 01:35 PM
Hehe, I knew that would work.

JayBee
05-05-2004, 01:50 PM
Actually, I find Pizza is good when I want to bulk FAST, without worrying about exactly how much of the extra mass will be fat.

Something in Pizza, maybe the chemical interaction of the tomato base and the cheese makes me grow pretty quickly. If you are already fairly shredded and want to slam on another 20Ibs for a party on Saturday night that you only heard about on Tuesday, pizza is the way to go. Ask for extra tomato base, it's usually free.


JayBee.

shazz
05-05-2004, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by JayBee
Actually, I find Pizza is good when I want to bulk FAST, without worrying about exactly how much of the extra mass will be fat.

Something in Pizza, maybe the chemical interaction of the tomato base and the cheese makes me grow pretty quickly. If you are already fairly shredded and want to slam on another 20Ibs for a party on Saturday night that you only heard about on Tuesday, pizza is the way to go. Ask for extra tomato base, it's usually free.


JayBee.

Maybe it's the high carbohydrate/high fat ratio due to the dough base and cheese.....

Danilo
05-05-2004, 02:15 PM
i love pizza

Taistelu
05-05-2004, 02:32 PM
yea i love pizza and all too, but im trying to lose body fat right now, so im thinking its not the best thing to eat.

isotope
05-05-2004, 03:26 PM
Jaybee that is the most nonsensical post I have read in awhile. Your not gaining any 20 pounds in 5 days no matter what the hell you eat unless you are in contest condition. That includes water deprivation around 2% bf levels.

MagicPunt
05-05-2004, 03:40 PM
and why the hell would u wanna put on 20 lbs of fat in a week for a party?

hopefully its not so the girls dont feel so big =/

johnnyironboard
05-05-2004, 04:55 PM
I'm on a CKD year round. Every Friday night I usually an entire large Pizza then go to the gym Saturday morning and kill legs.

Geoff2010
05-05-2004, 05:52 PM
It is possible to eat pizza on a clean cut or bulk diet. You just need to make it yourself.

use whole wheat pizza dough
fat free mozarella cheese
all natural-no sugar added tomato sauce
and lots of chicken and veggies

I love pizza and I really couldn't live without it... this version tastes much better to me than the greasy pizza shop crap.

Danilo
05-05-2004, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by Geoff2010
It is possible to eat pizza on a clean cut or bulk diet. You just need to make it yourself.

use whole wheat pizza dough
fat free mozarella cheese
all natural-no sugar added tomato sauce
and lots of chicken and veggies

I love pizza and I really couldn't live without it... this version tastes much better to me than the greasy pizza shop crap.


what kinda tomato sauce do u use like same stuff for spagetti?

Geoff2010
05-05-2004, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by Danilo
what kinda tomato sauce do u use like same stuff for spagetti?

I always buy Healthy Choice Marinara... only like 50 cals/.5 cup. Tastes pretty good, but I spice it up myself.

johnnyironboard
05-05-2004, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by Geoff2010
It is possible to eat pizza on a clean cut or bulk diet. You just need to make it yourself.

use whole wheat pizza dough
fat free mozarella cheese
all natural-no sugar added tomato sauce
and lots of chicken and veggies

I love pizza and I really couldn't live without it... this version tastes much better to me than the greasy pizza shop crap.

I say if you are going to eat pizza get it as gloppy as possible.

kbickham
05-05-2004, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by bakers11
Look them up, here is a link to all the places that post their nutrtional information. Its pretty bad:

http://www.dietfacts.com/fastfood.asp
you're from ohio, lucky ass... you ahve donatoes. I moved to TX from ohio 3 years again, and I would KILL for a donatoes pizza right now.

JayBee
05-06-2004, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by isotope
Jaybee that is the most nonsensical post I have read in awhile. Your not gaining any 20 pounds in 5 days no matter what the hell you eat unless you are in contest condition. That includes water deprivation around 2% bf levels.

(pulls Isotope over to the corner for a quiet word)

I did write 'shredded'...

bakers11
05-06-2004, 04:20 AM
Originally posted by kbickham
you're from ohio, lucky ass... you ahve donatoes. I moved to TX from ohio 3 years again, and I would KILL for a donatoes pizza right now.

Hehe, I used to order entire large pizzas from there and eat them at one sitting. I will not go near the place now. They are good though.

Eric_FXST
05-06-2004, 08:33 AM
uuuuuuum pizza.
My favorite cheat meal.

I'm guilty- Pizza Slut sausage and mushroom !!!!

dmacdbest
05-06-2004, 08:44 AM
when i first started weightlifting 11 years ago, i worked at a little caesars and ate pizza 5 times a week or so... but, i made the dough myself (didn't add oil to my portion), used only the skim mozzarella (only about 1/4 cup of that), lots of tomatoe sauce, mushrooms, tomatoes, onion and sliced turkey.. that was the meal that i ate as my 2nd meal of the day..(the 1st meal being a protein drink). My goal then was to drop weight, which I did as I built my body.. I lost 60lbs of fat in my first year and have kept it off will steadily making muscular gains & defining... so, in my opinion, pizza treated me quite well!! ;)... Of course, now that I can't make it myself anymore, I only chose to splurge and treat myself once a every couple of monthes.

warped
05-06-2004, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by bakers11
Look them up, here is a link to all the places that post their nutrtional information. Its pretty bad:

http://www.dietfacts.com/fastfood.asp

Awesome link Bro! I never realized how much protein was in a scallop before. Gonna have to get me some of those. I also got a kick out of the Ruby Tuesday low carb chicken fijitas, holy fat Batman!! I wonder if they figure if they clog the arteries with fat that there is now way the carbs would ever make it to the cells to be absorbed? Ya, that's is, low carb, right.

Eric_FXST
05-06-2004, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by warped
Awesome link Bro! I never realized how much protein was in a scallop before. Gonna have to get me some of those. I also got a kick out of the Ruby Tuesday low carb chicken fijitas, holy fat Batman!! I wonder if they figure if they clog the arteries with fat that there is now way the carbs would ever make it to the cells to be absorbed? Ya, that's is, low carb, right.

Yeah, Atkin would love those fajitas.
Oh, that's right...he's dead!

Taistelu
05-06-2004, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by bakers11


http://www.dietfacts.com/fastfood.asp

this link is now my enemy. a&w used to be one of my most favourite places to eat back when i'd eat anything, but i just read that theres 55 grams of fat in one of their burgers (cheese, bacon, everything).

so my question is, if i do decide to get another pizza, what would be the best toppings to choose?? or should i just attempt making my own?

Salford Reds
05-06-2004, 12:30 PM
Depends on the pizza. Look at the label.

bakers11
05-06-2004, 12:50 PM
The truth hurts on that link, but I would rather know the content myself. I used to love burgers too, but no more for me.

Taistelu
05-06-2004, 01:14 PM
well, i think that their problem with their burgers is that it isnt lean beef. if you used lean beef, it'd be lower in all the bad stuff right? it should have a lower fat content

Eric_FXST
05-06-2004, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by elementskaterx7
this link is now my enemy. a&w used to be one of my most favourite places to eat back when i'd eat anything, but i just read that theres 55 grams of fat in one of their burgers (cheese, bacon, everything).

so my question is, if i do decide to get another pizza, what would be the best toppings to choose?? or should i just attempt making my own?

****, that is nothing!
I used to, in my uh non-fitness days, eat half a beef nacho appetizer, followed by a beef chimichunga, followed by a caramel fried ice cream at Chi-Chis.
TOTAL FAT GRAMS: 200 !!!!!!!!
Oh yeah, don't forget to throw 8,9,10 beers on top of that!

Eric.

Taistelu
05-06-2004, 06:27 PM
lol, do you miss those days?

Cock Diesel
05-07-2004, 02:22 AM
jesus, live life man

eat whatever you want, unless you avtually think you will be a pro someday.

ohashi
05-07-2004, 03:01 AM
Originally posted by Cock Diesel
jesus, live life man

eat whatever you want, unless you avtually think you will be a pro someday.

That's stupid. Hey, maybe you shouldn't give 100% at shool, either, because you're not going to be the smartest person alive? Or if you start a business, maybe you shouldn't do the best you can, because you're not gonna try to knock out Microsoft? Hey, you only live once.


God, you're a moron.

bakers11
05-07-2004, 03:06 AM
Living that life and eating whatever I wanted got me to 305 lbs, no thanks. I prefer the one I am living right now.

Marauder1905
05-07-2004, 03:11 AM
ouch, that list is like a huge slap in the face.

Imo, if you're really desperate, a hamburger or 2 AT MOST along with medium sized fries is not so bad for say...a cheat meal?

I never do cheat meals since I think they just put me behind my schedule...

But yeah when I start cutting, and start eating with pretty much no calorie deficit, I might throw in a hamburger every once in a while.

Btw hamburgers I am talking about are mcdonalds ones so they are a bit tiny :), only 259 calories though!

Marauder1905
05-07-2004, 03:14 AM
btw for the " live life" quote:


For me, life is the world I live in and again the world I live in is my body. Not sure if you understand me.

Eric_FXST
05-07-2004, 05:25 AM
Originally posted by elementskaterx7
lol, do you miss those days?

yes and no.

I loved eating and drinking, however, I feel a lot better about myself physically and mentally now that I have discipline.

Eric_FXST
05-07-2004, 05:28 AM
Originally posted by Cock Diesel
jesus, live life man

eat whatever you want, unless you avtually think you will be a pro someday.

Pro Schmo, I say.
I am not the kind of person who feels good about himself with big arms, big lat span, big gut. Sure, I used to have 18" arms, which looked like all muscle, and a much bigger chest. But, i also had love handles and drooped pecs.
I would rather look toned and tight.

To each their own.

Eric_FXST
05-07-2004, 05:31 AM
Getting back on topic, does anyone have a Pizza Hut which sells the Fit N healthy pizzas?
Ours doesn't sell them.

If so, how are they?