PDA

View Full Version : Lucky's Journal to an new improved ME!

luckykris
05-09-2007, 02:20 PM
Well today I have decided, I need to do a journal. I have a diary I use on fitday.com. But its kinda boring. I want to do this so people can read and hopefully criticize or push me.

About me
26 year old male
5'10
198lbs
21%bf

Goals
10%bf

So obviously im cutting.
My body type is kinda inconsistant
Skinny arms, skinny legs.
Big chest and and gut. Too much fat in these areas

My plan
Working out doing a 4 day split. Mon and Thursday Upperbody
Tueday and Fri Lowerbody
Cardio 4-5 times a week using a stationary bike and tredmill

My life
Im an average guy working mon-fri 8-10 hours a day. Starting at 7am
I have two wonderful young children and a beautiful wife. Working out and cardio has to be right after work. Although im considering doing some of my cardio sessions in the am before work.

So here we go

luckykris
05-09-2007, 02:33 PM
WEDNESDAY May 9th

Weight 198 (I will weigh myself every wed)

6am Wake up

6:30am 1/4 cup of Quaker Oats, 4 egg whites, 1 whole egg

9:00am Turkey sandwhich on 100% whole wheat bread

12pm 4 chicken tenderloins, 1/4 cup brown rice, 1/2 cup of green beans

3pm Banana, hand full of almonds

4pm No workout (offday) 25 minutes of Stationary bike. 30 second intervals of high and moderate training with 5 min of warm and 5 of cool down

4:30 Whey with water

6:00 Chicken Stir Frye with Brown Rice

9:00 1/4 cup Low fat cottage cheese, flax seed

others Multi vitamin, Vitamin C, Water all day, 1 Diet Mt. Dew at lunch

Calories (Estimated on Fitday.com)
2017cals 70g fat 172g carbs 195g protein

Not bad, not great. I would love to lower my fat. But also thinking about going to a Low carb, high fat diet. 40-40-20 seems to be the best though.

Quickxi
05-09-2007, 04:18 PM
I still have problems with my own diet so I'm not an expert but I think your calories are a little light. Congrats on deciding to start a journal. I'll follow along and offer advice when I can. This is a good forum there are a good amount of people here who can assist you as well. Good luck.

luckykris
05-09-2007, 06:57 PM
Cool, thanks a lot. I really think this is a great motivation tool. And im very good at taking in critizism. As long as its constructive ofcourse. : ) About the calories. You are absolutley right. My goal is 2200-2500 a day. If i know or think im going to be short I will take in another shake or eat some veggies or fruit. I also carry a big bag of almonds with me. So if im low, those are usually good to fill it. But this should be fun and hopefully I dont waste mine and all who read this's time.

heathershubby
05-09-2007, 08:50 PM
looks like a great start bro I am an avid fitdayer as well but this is a much better place to get feedback and support.

keep up the good work.

luckykris
05-10-2007, 12:52 PM
looks like a great start bro I am an avid fitdayer as well but this is a much better place to get feedback and support.

keep up the good work.

Exactly! Fitday is great. But I think this is a bit better. Ive been reading so many journals on this site. And they are great. So many chiming in and giving their 2 cents. I really want this and its time to step it up.

Thanks for post!

luckykris
05-10-2007, 01:10 PM
Thursday May 10th, 2007

Well today I have to log earlier then I would like. I have a baseball game tonight at 8. And if I wanna get a workout in, this is really the only time I will get in on the computer.

I had a good day at work. Weather is beautiful. Body feels great. Allergies suck, but what else is new.

6am wake up
6:15 4 whole eggs, whey shake with water

9:00am apple, hand full of almonds

12pm Turkey sandwhich on whole wheat, 2 hard broiled egg and small lettuce salad with Olive Oil dressing

3:00pm Can of tuna, drained water, a little relish

4:00(now) drinking No explode and just ate an apple

4:45 Gym Light upperbody Chest/shoulders/tri's/middle back
40 min of incline walking on tredmill

6:30 Whey with oats

7:00pm Large chicken salad with non fat rasberry dressing, plenty of veggies.

8pm Baseball game (just a fun league) I play CF, so I plan on getting some sprinting in. Our pitchers are horrible lol

10pm some natural peanut butter or cottage cheese before bed

Macros Estimated
2205 calories 80g fat 156g carbs 230g pro

Im ok with this, but would like my fat down and carbs much higher. I think I screwed up by missing my pats this morning. And probably should have gone without some of the yolks of my eggs.

luckykris
05-10-2007, 01:11 PM
Im ok with this, but would like my fat down and carbs much higher. I think I screwed up by missing my pats this morning. And probably should have gone without some of the yolks of my eggs.[/QUOTE]

I meant missing my oats this morning.

Quickxi
05-10-2007, 10:09 PM
If you are shooting for your split of 40-40-20 your protein was a little high, not your fat. I think this split of 49p-34c-17f looks fine for today. Some days are higher in protein than others....at least for me.

luckykris
05-13-2007, 06:46 PM
Fri-Sunday

Went to Toronto for the weekend. Had a great time. Ate fairly well while on vacation. Worked out at the hotel on Friday and Saturday. Not my normal training because of the lack of equipment. But it was fine.

Today was the rough day. On the drive home. We stopped at Cracker Barrel. I will admit I endulged in their famous Burgers. But hey I look at it like a cheat. And considering for the most of the weekend it was Chicken, veggies and rice. The burger was ok. I just pre-made some chicken tenderloins on the foreman. Also cooked some Brown Rice and veggies. It should last me atleast till Wednesday. So my lunch and dinners are set for the next few days.

Also have been going back and forth on my diet. The 40-40-20 has been ok. But im starting to wonder if I go with a lower carb diet. I can get better and quicker results. I guess I will just do more research and reading. Until I find the perfect plan. I dont want to lose muscle. But I do want to lose my fat. Welp im pretty exhausted, so im gonna get to bed..

Back to work tomorrow! Yippee :(

luckykris
05-14-2007, 04:01 PM
Monday May 14th

Back to my normal day. I was really tired today. Allergies were bad. Just beat down. I did what I could in the gym. But it was hardly the workout I need.

6am wake up

6:15 1/4 cup of oatmeal with a banana.
6:30 Protein drink on way to work

9:00 Turkey Sandwhich(plain) on ww bread

noon chicken greek salad with half a pita. 1/4 cup of greek dressing (cheat)

2:30 apple, hand full of almonds

3:30 pm No Explode (preworkout)

4:15 Light Upper Body weights (no cardio)

5:00pm Whey with water, 1/4 cup of oats

6:30pm 8oz Filet Steak(lil a1), baked potato (plain), 1/2 cup of green beans

Plan on having cottage cheese and PB before bed.

Cals 2400
Fat Grams 91
Carbs 150
Protein 240

Once again not where I want it. My cals are ok. Maybe a bit high. My fat is way to high for the macros im shooting for. And carbs are low.

I need to get this right. I scorged and ate the greek salad, when a plain tossed salad with non fat dressing would have been better choice. Then never ate any of the chicken I made last night. Welp tomorrow, chicken will be my meal all day. Still debatting on the low carb, high fat diet.

Going to get to bed early tonight. Tomorrow no excuses on my workout and cardio session.

Quickxi
05-14-2007, 08:51 PM
it takes time to get your diet in check. You can't expect to go from eating whatever you wanted to eating 100% in a short time. It took me a LONG time to get my diet down, and it still is by no means perfect. Take your time and don't beat yourself up. You will succeed!

luckykris
05-15-2007, 01:00 PM
it takes time to get your diet in check. You can't expect to go from eating whatever you wanted to eating 100% in a short time. It took me a LONG time to get my diet down, and it still is by no means perfect. Take your time and don't beat yourself up. You will succeed!

Yes very true. Trust me I want this so bad. I really have no time frame. I guess the quicker, the better. Thanks for chiming in : )

lespaulsarecool
05-15-2007, 01:57 PM
keep it strong, amd keep motivated, seek motivation dude aqnd remember the key to immortality is living a life worth remembering. peace

luckykris
05-15-2007, 05:24 PM
Tuesday May 15th

Today was a long day. Work was long, and very tiring. I was exhausted all day. But did get a descent workout and cardio session in.

6am wake up

6:15am 4 egg whites, 1 whole egg, 2 piece toasted WW bread

6:45 Whey shake with oats on ride to work

9am Pure Protein bar

12pm 5 chicken tenderloins, 1/4 cup of brown rice and 1/2 cup broccoli

3pm Apple, hand full of almonds

5pm NoXplode (pre workout) an apple

5:45 Lower body Heavy (45 min of stationary bike after weights) 20 min abs

7:15pm whey with water and oats

7:30 5 chicken tenderloins. Large Lettuce salads with other veggies. Non fat rasberry dressing.

10pm low fat cottage cheese

Calories 2105
Fat grams 50
Carbs 175
Protein 256

My diet IMO was much better today. More on the lines of what im shooting for. Workout was solid, although I was exhausted. Absolutly love NOXplode. Highly recommed it. Workouts are a lot better on it, then not.

Welp going to watch the Pistons beat up Chicago. Goodnight

mission551
05-15-2007, 07:56 PM
good luck on your journey, i have also just started a cut and will keep an eye out for your progress. i also highly recommend noxplode...have made my workouts a lot better

luckykris
05-16-2007, 01:03 PM
good luck on your journey, i have also just started a cut and will keep an eye out for your progress. i also highly recommend noxplode...have made my workouts a lot better

Thanks and good luck to you too. Yup definetly love NoXplode. Not high on enhancers. But this is one I love and it works. I do need to get some more though. Kinda expensive : (

luckykris
05-16-2007, 04:43 PM
Wed May 16th

Welp today was a pretty good day. Work wasnt as bad as it has been. The week is going by fast. Im feeling good today, tons better then the last few.

Weight 188 Welp nothing has changed from last week. Kinda weird. But I expect that. 186 would have been better. But its ok. Patience is key here. But plan on altering my diet next week

6am wake up

6:15 egg white omelot. 5 egg whites, 1 whole egg. Green peppers and mushrooms

9am PBJ sandwhich on ww bread

noon Chicken and veggies on whole wheat pita, no dressing. hand full of almonds

3:00 Whey with water, 1/4 cup of oats

NO workout today

6pm 2 pieces of baked tilapia, 1/4 cup brown rice and brocoli

9pm 3 spoon fulls of natty PB

Calories estimated on Fitday.com

2002 calories
80 g fat
185 g carbs
195 g protein

Diet was good today. No workout, nor cardio. Kinda just a relaxing day. Tomorrow I have a baseball game at 6. So I will try to get in a nice light upperbody workout before hand. Depending on what time I get off work.

I really think im going to go with a lower carb approach starting next week. After reading some threads by HerveDushmin. I think just laying out some chicken, tuna, egg whites and yams might work. I also will start doing cardio in the am. 20 minutes of some sorta HIIT. Evening weights will stay the same. Im just looking for something new. With better results. I have been getting some people noticing that I look better. Noticibly my chest looks stronger. But still to much fat around it. I dont mind losing muscle. Im sure I will still get some newbie gains. I just wanna lose fat. Monday will be the day where I amp everything up. Cardio in the am. Cut carbs and lift in the evening no matter what. I want this bad.

mission551
05-16-2007, 06:03 PM
Wed May 16th

Welp today was a pretty good day. Work wasnt as bad as it has been. The week is going by fast. Im feeling good today, tons better then the last few.

Weight 188 Welp nothing has changed from last week. Kinda weird. But I expect that. 186 would have been better. But its ok. Patience is key here. But plan on altering my diet next week

6am wake up

6:15 egg white omelot. 5 egg whites, 1 whole egg. Green peppers and mushrooms

9am PBJ sandwhich on ww bread

noon Chicken and veggies on whole wheat pita, no dressing. hand full of almonds

3:00 Whey with water, 1/4 cup of oats

NO workout today

6pm 2 pieces of baked tilapia, 1/4 cup brown rice and brocoli

9pm 3 spoon fulls of natty PB

2002 calories
80 g fat
185 g carbs
195 g protein

Diet was good today. No workout, nor cardio. Kinda just a relaxing day. Tomorrow I have a baseball game at 6. So I will try to get in a nice light upperbody workout before hand. Depending on what time I get off work.

I really think im going to go with a lower carb approach starting next week. After reading some threads by HerveDushmin. I think just laying out some chicken, tuna, egg whites and yams might work. I also will start doing cardio in the am. 20 minutes of some sorta HIIT. Evening weights will stay the same. Im just looking for something new. With better results. I have been getting some people noticing that I look better. Noticibly my chest looks stronger. But still to much fat around it. I dont mind losing muscle. Im sure I will still get some newbie gains. I just wanna lose fat. Monday will be the day where I amp everything up. Cardio in the am. Cut carbs and lift in the evening no matter what. I want this bad.

looks pretty good, maybe up the protein a little and cut a few carbs, i try to get 1.5 g of protein per pound of bodyweight, you might wanna consider maybe getting a clean slow digesting protein before bed to replace the pb. i usually have about 30-40 grams half an hour before bed ( either from cottage cheese or casein powder) other then that looking good and keep it up...those results will come in no time...patience(something i lack in greatly myself ;)

heathershubby
05-16-2007, 06:14 PM
Hey how about a weigh in looks like your doing great sticking to your program. I acctually and this is just my opinion think your fat was fine. You were taking in a lot of good fat natty peanut butter, olive oil, almonds and egg yokes. One thing many people out here will tell you is you have to eat fat to lose fat ie/ the good fats and keep them in ratio.

For my diet I am way less strick now then I was before I just keep my fat at or beloiw 30% and try to keep them really good and I keep my overall cals in check between 3500 and 3000 (remember I am 443 lbs) and I am losing weight faster eating this way then when I was on a tight 40 40 20.

This may be due to my size but I think the body is more willing to release the stored fat when it knows its getting fat everyday. Again I am no expert and this is just my opinion but if the body is smart enough to slow down when we don't feed it enough it makes sense to me anyway lol.

You are doing great though I can't wait for an update man. REPPED ( YOUR ROCKING MAN KEEP GOING )

luckykris
05-16-2007, 06:32 PM
looks pretty good, maybe up the protein a little and cut a few carbs, i try to get 1.5 g of protein per pound of bodyweight, you might wanna consider maybe getting a clean slow digesting protein before bed to replace the pb. i usually have about 30-40 grams half an hour before bed ( either from cottage cheese or casein powder) other then that looking good and keep it up...those results will come in no time...patience(something i lack in greatly myself ;)

Thanks for the feedback. Love this. And it is really what keeps me going. I usually do have cottage cheese before bed. But im all out. So tomorrow I will have to go shopping. It is tough waiting. I try not to look at the scale every day. But like I said. Some people are noticing. So thats always nice. Just keep working hard, and taking it serious. Oh and im am starting next week going to cut out some carbs and add more protein.

luckykris
05-16-2007, 06:39 PM
Hey how about a weigh in looks like your doing great sticking to your program. I acctually and this is just my opinion think your fat was fine. You were taking in a lot of good fat natty peanut butter, olive oil, almonds and egg yokes. One thing many people out here will tell you is you have to eat fat to lose fat ie/ the good fats and keep them in ratio.

For my diet I am way less strick now then I was before I just keep my fat at or beloiw 30% and try to keep them really good and I keep my overall cals in check between 3500 and 3000 (remember I am 443 lbs) and I am losing weight faster eating this way then when I was on a tight 40 40 20.

This may be due to my size but I think the body is more willing to release the stored fat when it knows its getting fat everyday. Again I am no expert and this is just my opinion but if the body is smart enough to slow down when we don't feed it enough it makes sense to me anyway lol.

You are doing great though I can't wait for an update man. REPPED ( YOUR ROCKING MAN KEEP GOING )

Ahh my Canadian buddy. I appreciate the words and the reps. haha I really love this. Reading these responses makes me feel great. And if anyone should be getting repped, its you. Your the one kicking ass. Ive done nothing compared to what you have. Im very proud of you. And will be checking in on you too. And since im in Detroit now. When we both meet our goals. I will have to take the bridge into Windsor and have a beer with ya. haha (a lite beer ofcourse). Keep it up and thanks again for the words.

heathershubby
05-16-2007, 06:57 PM
Ahh my Canadian buddy. I appreciate the words and the reps. haha I really love this. Reading these responses makes me feel great. And if anyone should be getting repped, its you. Your the one kicking ass. Ive done nothing compared to what you have. Im very proud of you. And will be checking in on you too. And since im in Detroit now. When we both meet our goals. I will have to take the bridge into Windsor and have a beer with ya. haha (a lite beer ofcourse). Keep it up and thanks again for the words.

no prob that sounds good and don't be fooled I have had ups and downs in the last few months lots of them lol. Its easier to lose weight that seems like a lot when you start off at 488 lbs :).

keep up the good work bro and I will buy the beers no prob lol.

luckykris
05-17-2007, 01:33 PM
no prob that sounds good and don't be fooled I have had ups and downs in the last few months lots of them lol. Its easier to lose weight that seems like a lot when you start off at 488 lbs :).

keep up the good work bro and I will buy the beers no prob lol.

Sounds good buddy.

Thursday May 17th

Because of my baseball game tonight, Im going to get this down now. Today was the best day of the week. (at work) Wasnt too busy, not real slow either. Body feels good today. Wasnt tired, and not crabby lol.

6am Wake up

6:15 Oatmeal, banana and whey protein.

8:45am turkey sandwhich on WW bread, non fat yogurt

11:30am 5 chicken tenderloins, 1/2 cup of brown rice, broccoli

2:30pm Can of tuna/relish

3:30 pm NoXplode, apple (pre workout)

4:30pm Light upperbody workout (no cardio) Baseball game at 6
5:15pm whey with 1/4 cup of oats (post workout)

5:30pm 6inch turkey sub, loaded with veggies, no dressing. ww bread

6pm Baseball game

9pm low fat cottage cheese

45 g fat
180g carbs
224g pro

Diet was solid. I think I drank about 245 gallons of water. Been pissing all day. But feels great. I still am leaning on lower my carbs starting next monday. Also adding a morning cardio session in. Welp better get to my workout.

luckykris
05-17-2007, 05:11 PM
game was cancelled because of all the rain we have got. Just hit the bike for 35 minutes. Slapped down a protein shake. Now going to hit the hottub and sauna up for awhile. Life is great : )

luckykris
05-20-2007, 11:40 AM
Fri-Sat-Sun

Welp since I didnt really have time to log the weekend. I will have to do it now.

Friday was a solid until night. Work was fine, I left early. Had a good lower body workout. Hit the stationary bike up for 30 minutes. Felt good. Then the girlfriend reminded me it was our 2 year aniversary lol. So after a solid day of nutrition and workout. I ended up up eating at a fancy Italian joint downtown. Bread (only 1 piece) Chicken Parmegian (sp?) and salad. I pretty much at it all. Not to mention 5-6 captain and diets. (couple shots) I payed for it on Saturday.

Saturday was awful. Layed in bed till about 2. Only ate some cereal really till dinner. Just couldnt stomach anything. So saturday was pretty much a waisted bad day.

Sunday
Today was much better so far. Woke up early. Got a 45 min cardio session on the bike. Doing intervals. 10 minutes moderate. 20 minutes of 30 second high, low intervals, then 15 min of moderate. Got back to my oats, whey and chicken. Just about to make some more chicken on the foreman for the rest of the week. Atleast till mid week.

Tomorrow im starting my morning cardio sessions. Also will be cutting out some carbs. We will see how it goes. But im excited to try something new.

Glad this weekend is over.

luckykris
05-20-2007, 12:09 PM
Here is my new diet im going to try tomorrow

5:20 30 min of stationary bike high/low intervals (whey with water before)

6:00am 3 whole eggs fried, 1/2 cup of oatmeal,banana

9am Hand full of almonds

12pm Large Lettuce Salad, with assorted veggies, non fat dressing

3pm can of tuna

4:30 Workout, with 20 min of light cardio (No explode before)

5:45 Whey with water

6:30 5 Chicken Tenderloins, Green beans

Calories 1900 <-- little low
Fat grams 65
Carbs grams 90
Protein 210

More of a 50 pro 30 fat 20 carb

See how it works.

AshyLarry
05-20-2007, 01:06 PM
So obviously im cutting.
My body type is kinda inconsistant
Skinny arms, skinny legs.
Big chest and and gut. Too much fat in these areas

You sound like you could be my clone!

Good luck on your cut, I hope you can balance things out!

mission551
05-20-2007, 01:57 PM
Here is my new diet im going to try tomorrow

5:20 30 min of stationary bike high/low intervals (whey with water before)

6:00am 3 whole eggs fried, 1/2 cup of oatmeal,banana

9am Hand full of almonds

12pm Large Lettuce Salad, with assorted veggies, non fat dressing

3pm can of tuna

4:30 Workout, with 20 min of light cardio (No explode before)

5:45 Whey with water

6:30 5 Chicken Tenderloins, Green beans

Calories 1900 <-- little low
Fat grams 65
Carbs grams 90
Protein 210

More of a 50 pro 30 fat 20 carb

See how it works.

looks pretty good. the only thing i might suggest is getting some carbs pre and post workout, especially post. i know your trying to cut carbs but the pre and post workout should be prioritized over anyother time of the day. even if you take that banana from your morning meal and have it post workout it would still be a lot more beneficial. otherwise looking good and good luck with the new plan...you'll find you will probably do a lot of tweaking with it until you find a good balance for your body

ScottC
05-20-2007, 02:16 PM
I have checked out your calories for all the meals you posted and for your height/weight & exercise level you are eating too few. I have been averaging 2600cals/day since I started at 204lbs, and all the way down to my current weight, and I have been losing consistantly every week.

You will be losing too, but I fear it will be more of a mostly muscle to fat mix rather than mostly to all fat. On most days you are probably running close to a 1200cal or more deficit from maintanence.

All I am saying is monitor your losses & diet closely.

luckykris
05-20-2007, 03:17 PM
looks pretty good. the only thing i might suggest is getting some carbs pre and post workout, especially post. i know your trying to cut carbs but the pre and post workout should be prioritized over anyother time of the day. even if you take that banana from your morning meal and have it post workout it would still be a lot more beneficial. otherwise looking good and good luck with the new plan...you'll find you will probably do a lot of tweaking with it until you find a good balance for your body

Thanks for the reply. And yes I actually thought about that while I was taking a shower lol. Shows how much time im putting into this. I actually think im going to add some brown rice to my lunch. And some oats to my post workout whey. It will add some much needed cals anyways. Should still keep my carbs lower then before. Probably by 50 grams atleast.

luckykris
05-20-2007, 03:22 PM
I have checked out your calories for all the meals you posted and for your height/weight & exercise level you are eating too few. I have been averaging 2600cals/day since I started at 204lbs, and all the way down to my current weight, and I have been losing consistantly every week.

You will be losing too, but I fear it will be more of a mostly muscle to fat mix rather than mostly to all fat. On most days you are probably running close to a 1200cal or more deficit from maintanence.

All I am saying is monitor your losses & diet closely.

Thanks Scott. You are one of my favorite posters so I will take this reply in consideration. As I put in the post above. I do plan on adding some carbs in my lunch and post workout. I will do whatever it takes to get the cals in. 2200-2400 for me is what I will be aiming for. I was averaging about 180g carbs for the last 3 months. I have lost 9lbs. Less then a lbs a week. Now to be honest, my diet has not been consistant or perfect. But I thought with the work I have put in. (weights, cardio, healthier living) I would be much more ahead. Thanks much and id rep you if I could......

ScottC
05-20-2007, 03:43 PM
Thanks Scott. You are one of my favorite posters so I will take this reply in consideration. As I put in the post above. I do plan on adding some carbs in my lunch and post workout. I will do whatever it takes to get the cals in. 2200-2400 for me is what I will be aiming for. I was averaging about 180g carbs for the last 3 months. I have lost 9lbs. Less then a lbs a week. Now to be honest, my diet has not been consistant or perfect. But I thought with the work I have put in. (weights, cardio, healthier living) I would be much more ahead. Thanks much and id rep you if I could......
No worries about the reps, I just want to see you get the most out of your plan. Do you have a macro ratio you are shooting for?

luckykris
05-20-2007, 04:10 PM
No worries about the reps, I just want to see you get the most out of your plan. Do you have a macro ratio you are shooting for?

Well not really. I was going with the 40-40-20f the last few months. I just wanted to knock down some carbs. Thinking more of a 50-25-25. What do you think of something like that? I dont think I like the Keto or low carb, high fat diets.

luckykris
05-21-2007, 03:15 PM
Monday May 21st

Today was a great day. Work was good and flew by. Allergies were pretty bad, but nothing new there. Today was also the start for a couple new things for me. I woke up earlier then usual and did 30 min of stationary bike. High-mod intervals. I also cut some Carbs. Heres how it went

5:20am wake up

5:25am Slammed down a protein shake with water.

5:35am 30 min stationary bike, high low intervals. Felt pretty good

6:15am 3 whole eggs, 1/4 cup Oats

9am hand full of almonds (starting to really like these)

12pm 12 inch on ww chicken and loaded veggies Pita, pickle. 10 almonds

3pm 5oz Chicken breast, broccoli, little BBQ sauce

4:30pm Apple (out of Noxplode : ( Definetly felt it in my workout)

4:45pm UpperBody heavy workout (Workout was solid, especially on chest and Tri's) Back and shoulders were lacking. I need to get some Xplode Immediatly. 10 min of a quick HIIT on the bike

6:15pm Drinking a protein shake with 1/4 cup of oats right now

7pm 2 5oz Chicken breast with broccoli

10pm low fat cottage cheese

Calories estimated by fitday.com
2195 cals
65g fat
125g carbs
230g protein

Now this is something im gonna try shooting for. Atleast for the next month or two. Closer to 50-25-25. Maybe 40-30-30 is more what I will shoot for.

ScottC
05-21-2007, 04:04 PM
Well not really. I was going with the 40-40-20f the last few months. I just wanted to knock down some carbs. Thinking more of a 50-25-25. What do you think of something like that? I dont think I like the Keto or low carb, high fat diets.
Unfortunately, the only way to find out what may work best for you is to try them out. If you are not getting good results, change and try again.

In case you are interested, here are my weekly macros:

AVG Macro %
For the week
Protein 0.44
Carbs 0.33
Fat 0.23
Calories 2608

luckykris
05-21-2007, 04:11 PM
Unfortunately, the only way to find out what may work best for you is to try them out. If you are not getting good results, change and try again.

In case you are interested, here are my weekly macros:

AVG Macro %
For the week
Protein 0.44
Carbs 0.33
Fat 0.23
Calories 2608

Cool thanks Scott. If you get time, would you run down your daily diet. Im sure it changes. But it would be cool to see how you get that. Thanks buddy.

ScottC
05-21-2007, 04:39 PM
Cool thanks Scott. If you get time, would you run down your daily diet. Im sure it changes. But it would be cool to see how you get that. Thanks buddy.
Yeah, it varies, of course...too much so for a posting. Check your PMs for reason.

Quickxi
05-22-2007, 05:10 AM
Yeah, it varies, of course...too much so for a posting. Check your PMs for reason.

Scott is it because you are eating Oreo balls? ;)

I think your macros look ok. Nice job sticking with your program!

ScottC
05-22-2007, 09:56 AM
Man...those sound good, don't they? :D

luckykris
05-22-2007, 12:51 PM

I think your macros look ok. Nice job sticking with your program!

Thanks and those do sound good : )

luckykris
05-22-2007, 03:10 PM
Tuesday May 22nd

Another very good day. Work went well. Felt great. The only problem I had was alarm clock issues. Atleast a few to many snooz pushes. Woke up later then I wanted.

6:30am wake up

6:45 Protein drink with water. 1/4 cup of oats and a banana

9am hand full of almonds

12pm 2 5oz chicken breast, 1/2 cup of broccoli, hand full of almonds

4pm whey with water, 2 pieces of whole wheat bread

4:30pm Lower body workout, 20 min cardio on stationary bike

6:00 pm Drinking whey with water, just ate some Oats

7:30 pm Large Salad with assorted veggies, non fat dressing. 5 oz chicken breast

10pm Low fat cottage cheese

My food choice werent great today. Waking up late, kinda hurt my breakfast. Maybe could have had more solid food then all the Whey. But still trying to cut some carbs out. Harder then I thought it would be.

Calories estimated on fitday.com
Calories 2133
Fat grams 72
Carbs grams 145
Protein grams 228

44p-26c-30f

Close to what im aiming for.

cawiau
05-22-2007, 04:08 PM
Everything looks great so far.
I will be keeping an eye on your thread.

Keep up the good work
cawiau ;)

luckykris
05-22-2007, 05:07 PM
Everything looks great so far.
I will be keeping an eye on your thread.

Keep up the good work
cawiau ;)

Thanks man. I appreciate it. Good Luck to you and your goals

luckykris
05-24-2007, 01:00 PM
Missed yesterday. Damnit. No excuses, felt like crap. Layed down after work and was pretty much out for the count the rest of the day. Wed's are my off days from the gym anyways. I actually enjoyed the relaxing day.

My diet was ok. Although I did dip into a 12inch on wheat Chicken sub from Subway at lunch. Not the worse choice. But when im trying to cut carbs, the 100 carbs alone kinda hurt. I probably should have only ate a 6inch. But whatever I was hungry. It was damn good too. Dinner was a salad with vinegar and chicken. Had my oats with eggs in the morning and almonds for a snack. Didnt total my cals either. lol damn I was lazy yesterday. Probably a little high on Carbs, pro and fat were ok.

I have a baseball game at 7pm So im gonna get this done before I go do a light upper body workout.

5:15am 20 min OF HIIT on stationary bike (Whey with water before)

6am 3 egg whites, 1 whole egg. 1/4 cup of oats

9am Almonds, apple

12pm 2 5oz chicken breast, 1/4 cup broccoli, almonds

3pm Protein Bar (i know probably could have had something better)

4pm Upperbody light workout (No cardio after)

5:00pm Whey with 1/4 cup of oats

6:00pm 6oz Filelt mignon, 1 cup of green beans

7pm Baseball game

10pm Low fat cottage cheese

Cals estimated on fitday.com
Cals 2204
Fat grams 88
Carbs 120
Protein 241

Not bad, Carbs are down from what I was at a week ago. Protein is up. Body is feeling ok. A little tired. But I have a lot to do. So I better get to it...

mission551
05-24-2007, 01:31 PM
keep up the good work man, your macros are looking good. how far in are you so far? how often do u check your progress?

luckykris
05-24-2007, 03:03 PM
keep up the good work man, your macros are looking good. how far in are you so far? how often do u check your progress?

Thanks man. Just over 3 months. Lost about 14lbs. Started around 209. At 195 now. Had some good weekends, some ok weeks and some bad weeks. Starting now to really get into it. I check my progress every wednesday. Might change it to every other week. I have noticed my best gaines in my chest and arms right now. My chest and gut are my biggest downfalls. So much hard work ahead. WElp gotta go play ball. Talk to yas tomorrow...

ScottC
05-24-2007, 05:18 PM
[QUOTE=luckykris;45572071]Missed yesterday. Damnit. No excuses, felt like crap. Layed down after work and was pretty much out for the count the rest of the day. Wed's are my off days from the gym anyways. I actually enjoyed the relaxing day. [QUOTE]
Those days happen...many times because it is really what your body needs.

Be careful of FitDay. Someone, I think Kaaud, posted that some of their preset numbers were off. He found his actual protein count was estimated wrong and he had to add more protein to his diet. Others in that thread agreed.

luckykris
05-25-2007, 12:23 PM
Be careful of FitDay. Someone, I think Kaaud, posted that some of their preset numbers were off. He found his actual protein count was estimated wrong and he had to add more protein to his diet. Others in that thread agreed.[/QUOTE]

Hmm thanks for the info. Do you know any other cheap or free sites to use?

phil2007
05-25-2007, 12:39 PM
ooh, first time i read this. you're doing great!

ScottC
05-25-2007, 12:58 PM
Hmm thanks for the info. Do you know any other cheap or free sites to use?
They were saying they still used it, but only used the cutom thing, where you input the macros once.

luckykris
05-28-2007, 10:54 AM
They were saying they still used it, but only used the cutom thing, where you input the macros once.

Thanks buddy. I actually use the custom list on alot of foods. I have noticed a difference in a lot.

Monday May 28th Memorial Day

Just got back from 3 days at my parents on the lake. Great time as always. Weather wasnt the best, but it wasnt too bad. Did some boating, fishing, camping. Brings me back to my teen days haha

Now since I was away, getting my macros in check was tough. I mostly ate sandwhiches, BBQ chicken, Corn, Burgers. Not the healthiest weekend of eating. (drinking) But I dont see my family much anymore, so it was nice.
Im not going to go over my day. Because most of it was driving. Im actually feeling pretty good right now. So im going to go and get a full upperbody workout in. Actually really looking forward to it. My mom made it known that I have lost weight and look real good. So that was nice to hear. Not really the look I wanted with my shirt off. Still quite a bit of fat. But a couple months ago I probably wouldnt have taken my shirt off. I figure this time by next year, im gonna be that guy who never has a shirt on. HAHA CANT WAIT!

Welp off to the dungeon...

See yas tomorrow.. HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY

ScottC
05-29-2007, 02:34 AM
Hey luckykris! I will be in the Chicagoland area in a couple of weeks. We are spending 8 or 9 days. No guarantees, but if interested in meeting up for lunch let me know via PM. We can exchange contact numbers.

I am thinking Thai. Little place on Halsted, just north of Fullerton. Excellent food. :cool:

luckykris
05-29-2007, 01:08 PM
Hey luckykris! I will be in the Chicagoland area in a couple of weeks. We are spending 8 or 9 days. No guarantees, but if interested in meeting up for lunch let me know via PM. We can exchange contact numbers.

I am thinking Thai. Little place on Halsted, just north of Fullerton. Excellent food. :cool:

Scott sent you a PM.

luckykris
05-29-2007, 06:34 PM
Tuesday May 29th

Today was a great day. Everything went smoothly. Work, my workout and my diet. No problems at all. Felt good, body feels good and hell I look good hehe.

6am Wake up

6:20am 3 whole eggs, 2 pieces of whole wheat bread

9am Hand full of almonds

12pm Chicken and veggie whole wheat pita

3pm 1/2 cup of fresh fruit. strawberries, peaches, grapes

4pm Lower body workout, 20 min of stationary bike

5:30pm 1/4 cup of oats with strawberries, whey with water

7pm 5oz chicken breast, lettuce salad with olive oil dressing, 1 hard broiled egg

9pm small can of tuna with relish, 2 tbls of low fat cottage cheese

calories estimated on fitday.com

Cals 2090 (actually a little lower then I would like)
Fat grams 66
Carbs 154
Protein 190 ( Rather be in the 200's here)

40-30-30 Not to bad, but I didnt eat enough. I might take a quick protein shake in before bed. Matter a fact, im going too.

Good night

luckykris
05-31-2007, 03:53 PM
Crap im losing it. I totally forgot about yesterday : (

I have a ball game in an hour. Hopefully remember to get on here after

Beware "Has not been a good couple days"

luckykris
06-04-2007, 05:44 PM
Monday June 4th

I have been so sick, this sucks. Totally got me off my plan. I havent ate nothing but soup and drinking tons water. I have lost some water weight for sure. Not good. Havent worked out since Thursday and probably dont plan on it for the next couple days. Going to take it easy. I hate being sick, hate hate hate it!!! Goodnight

ScottC
06-05-2007, 03:29 AM
Monday June 4th

I have been so sick, this sucks. Totally got me off my plan. I havent ate nothing but soup and drinking tons water. I have lost some water weight for sure. Not good. Havent worked out since Thursday and probably dont plan on it for the next couple days. Going to take it easy. I hate being sick, hate hate hate it!!! Goodnight
You have to do what is best. Rest is good. Take care and get better soon.