PDA

View Full Version : Anti-semetic OR anti-Israeli ?

TranceNRG
04-28-2004, 12:38 PM
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=574&ncid=721&e=4&u=/nm/20040428/wl_nm/religion_antisemitism_dc

how would you guys distinguish between the two?

Reborn79
04-28-2004, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by TranceNRG
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=574&ncid=721&e=4&u=/nm/20040428/wl_nm/religion_antisemitism_dc

how would you guys distinguish between the two?

I totally agree with Powell. There is a huge ****ing difference between disagreeing with Israel's policies and being 'anti-semetic'.

Sadly, the two are often interchanged in this society, which is stupid and wrong.

FiveOneNine
04-28-2004, 02:38 PM
Anti-Israeli - Is against political positions and policies.
Anti-Semetic - Against Jewish people.

BigKazWSM747
04-28-2004, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by FiveOneNine

bump, I would agree with Powell. The two are not linked but those that are anti-semetic will be anti-israeli although the converse is not necessarily true.

Ruthless4Life
04-28-2004, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by BigKazWSM747
bump, I would agree with Powell. The two are not linked but those that are anti-semetic will be anti-israeli although the converse is not necessarily true.

Yes, one may lead to another.

blaker00
04-28-2004, 03:57 PM
if you say it's the jewish people fault why pale. dont have their land. = anti semitic

if you say it's the israelis fault why the pale. don't have any land. = perfectly ok.

FatFat Bastard
04-28-2004, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by FiveOneNine
99% agree

Canadian Nanook
04-28-2004, 05:59 PM
Do you mean like anti-zionist vs. anti semitic or anti israel because even Martin Luther King said that anti-zionist and saying that you don't believe in the Jews right to a homeland is anti semitic and anti zionism is simply a mask for anti semitism. On the other hand, if you mean simply disagreeing with Israeli policy then I say they are no where near connected because I'm a Jew and I disagree with israeli policy

BIONIC MAN
04-28-2004, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by Canadian Nanook
I'm a Jew and I disagree with israeli policy [/B] I hope you feel they should be more AGGRESIVE!!!!

Starsky
04-28-2004, 11:12 PM
The two aren't the same thing. But, they are used by many, if not the majority to defame Jews. Saudis, Palestinians, Syrians use terms like Anti-Zionism to describe their hatred against Israel. But they are some of the most virulent, hate-consumed people toward anything Jewish on the planet. The new Euro-fad is using the word "neo-con" which is basically their version of saying Republican Jew.

So next time you hear someone say Jews drained 5 childrens bodies of blood, and use it in their baking, then exclaim its "anti-Zionism" you'll know(oh the Saudi Monarch said this).

Jcfreak_02
04-28-2004, 11:40 PM
What I really find funny is when people accuse Christians of being anti-semetic when Jesus Christ was a jew...

BigZeke
04-29-2004, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by Jcfreak_02
What I really find funny is when people accuse Christians of being anti-semetic when Jesus Christ was a jew...

Yet many Christians hate Jews....

LordNeon
04-29-2004, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by Starsky
The new Euro-fad is using the word "neo-con" which is basically their version of saying Republican Jew.

No, it is not. "Neocon" refers to an ideology has nothing to do with "Republican Jew", although a lot of them happen to be Republican and Jewish. Some of them, like Cheney and Rumsfeld, are not.

FatFat Bastard
04-29-2004, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by LordNeon
No, it is not. "Neocon" refers to an ideology has nothing to do with "Republican Jew", although a lot of them happen to be Republican and Jewish. Some of them, like Cheney and Rumsfeld, are not.

but the majority 80% are democrats....

and love clinton

TranceNRG
04-29-2004, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by Jcfreak_02

or when they call muslims anti-semitic. Since both jews and muslims are semites.

:D

Starsky
04-29-2004, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by LordNeon

Your missing the point: It is their way of saying "Jewish" in a condescending way without getting called for it. That doesn't mean its the real definition or everyones definition. Who cares anyways, Europe is shrinking and fading into world obscurity.

FatFat Bastard
04-29-2004, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by TranceNRG
or when they call muslims anti-semitic. Since both jews and muslims are semites.

:D

arabs are semitic
muslim are not

but some muslims think they are semites
espasially iranians:D

TranceNRG
04-29-2004, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by FatFat Bastard
arabs are semitic
muslim are not

but some muslims think they are semites
espasially iranians:D

what?
NO WAY

Persians are Aryans
Arabs are semites

you're right tho, not all muslims are semites.
just arabs