PDA

View Full Version : Bush pays $2,000-$14,000 for suits?

LordNeon
04-28-2004, 12:41 PM
I wouldn't actually care, but if people are going to take cheap shots at Kerry for a $1,000 haircut ...

http://www.buzzflash.com/contributors/2002/12/06_Suits.html

FiveOneNine
04-28-2004, 12:47 PM
Touché. :D

enjoyincubus
04-28-2004, 12:50 PM
hes getting ripped off!!!!! maybe if we dig deep enough we can find the evil claws of halliburton in this......

i always thought the president gets an allowance each year that he can spend on clothes. and if thats the case, who cares.

the point that the other thread was making is that kerry isnt the guy you people claim he is. he is not in touch with the middle class, and he never will be. he dosent know what its like to live in a normal house and work a 9 to 5 job. hes not the robin hood hes made out to be. everyday we see him make a speech about how out of touch bush is, when kerry is as extravagant as the president, if not more so.

for the record, if kerry is elected he will be the 3rd richest president in history, and no, bush isnt in the top two.

bgzee
04-28-2004, 12:52 PM
I heard bush's suits were made of kitten fur and puppy ears.

enjoyincubus
04-28-2004, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by bgzee
I heard bush's suits were made of kitten fur and puppy ears.

and he takes baths every night in a tub of oil, only after he makes his nightly call with satan.

welcome back..i thought you got banned?

kmac12
04-28-2004, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by LordNeon
I wouldn't actually care, but if people are going to take cheap shots at Kerry for a $1,000 haircut ...

I really do not care about either, but suits are expensive especially after tailoring. I spent 1K on mine and I am not president. ;)

A 1K haircut is ridiculous though. :rolleyes:

enjoyincubus
04-28-2004, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by kmac12
I really do not care about either, but suits are expensive especially after tailoring. I spent 1K on mine and I am not president. ;)

esspecially one that looks like a dead possum.

LordNeon
Originally posted by enjoyincubus
the point that the other thread was making is that kerry isnt the guy you people claim he is. he is not in touch with the middle class, and he never will be. he dosent know what its like to live in a normal house and work a 9 to 5 job. hes not the robin hood hes made out to be. everyday we see him make a speech about how out of touch bush is, when kerry is as extravagant as the president, if not more so.

And my point is that the point of the other thread was stupid. No one made out Kerry to be "Robin Hood".

Was the point supposed to be that a wealthy man can't do anything positive for America's working class?

Was the point supposed to be that Kerry, as a wealthy man, is out of touch with the working class, and we should vote for the OTHER wealthy man running instead?

Or - this is a stretch, but bear with me here - could it be that the poster was just looking for any excuse to jab at Kerry? I mean, I'm sure Republicans would never do such a thing :rolleyes:

I couldn't give two s@#ts about how wealthy our president is - that alone means nothing. I care about his attitude and approach, and what he DOES.

FiveOneNine
for the record, if kerry is elected he will be the 3rd richest president in history, and no, bush isnt in the top two.

That's interesting. What about Bush Sr.?

Kerry, being an immensly wealthy man, may put him out of touch with the American people, but is Bush anymore in touch? He's been under his dad's wing since he was born. He's had everything handed to him.

Either way, it's just pointless mud slinging.

bgzee
04-28-2004, 12:57 PM
hes getting ripped off!!!!! maybe if we dig deep enough we can find the evil claws of halliburton in this......

i always thought the president gets an allowance each year that he can spend on clothes. and if thats the case, who cares.

Well, kerry served in vietnam. I don't know what class that puts him into but he was in touch and served with people from all over the place. Are you saying I should worry about becoming "out of touch" if i ever become too wealthy? As long as you have your priorities straight who cares how much money you have.

edit: not necesarilly saying Kerry has his priorities straight, I guess we will find that out

bgzee
04-28-2004, 01:00 PM
and he takes baths every night in a tub of oil, only after he makes his nightly call with satan.

welcome back..i thought you got banned?

I was banned until I hax0r3d the zYstem!

kmac12
04-28-2004, 01:01 PM
Was the point supposed to be that Kerry, as a wealthy man, is out of touch with the working class, and we should vote for the OTHER wealthy man running instead?

Or - this is a stretch, but bear with me here - could it be that the poster was just looking for any excuse to jab at Kerry? I mean, I'm sure Republicans would never do such a thing :rolleyes:

They are both wealthy, well-dressed, well-maintained white men. Their looks are actually important.

As far as jabbing at Kerry, it is so easy, why not? ;)

(I am sure you can say the same about Bush)

I wonder if we will have free ketchup if he is elected. I would vote for him if that were the case.

LordNeon
04-28-2004, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by FiveOneNine

Either way, it's just pointless mud slinging.

Yup. It would be nice if we could have an election which wasn't full of jabs about little details of people's military service (or non-service) and passing remarks people made 25 years ago and how this candidate gets really expensive haircuts or suits (complete with subtle, pointless remarks about the hairdresser being French), but such is not the case, sadly.

LordNeon
04-28-2004, 01:05 PM
They are both wealthy, well-dressed, well-maintained white men. Their looks are actually important.

As far as jabbing at Kerry, it is so easy, why not? ;)

(I am sure you can say the same about Bush)

Yep, their looks are definitely important. And yes, taking shots at Bush is definitely a fish-in-a-barrel kind of thing. :)

bgzee
04-28-2004, 01:06 PM

yeah, it is ridiculous. But whos to say how someone should spend their own money?

kmac12
04-28-2004, 01:07 PM
yeah, it is ridiculous. But whos to say how someone should spend their own money?

True. At least he didn't hold up airport traffic while getting his haircut.

FiveOneNine
04-28-2004, 01:07 PM
She was French?! How un-American! You cannot support a candidate who gets his hair done by a person that may directly or indirectly hail from a nation that did not support our occupation of Iraq! :rolleyes: It's sad though, because that's the spin that some people may take on that.

bgzee
04-28-2004, 01:34 PM
She was French?! How un-American! You cannot support a candidate who gets his hair done by a person that may directly or indirectly hail from a nation that did not support our occupation of Iraq! :rolleyes: It's sad though, because that's the spin that some people may take on that.

You must not be too familiar with a americanus. One of my favorites was that all libs are racist because they questioned "a strong black woman of power" condoleeza rice.

FiveOneNine
04-28-2004, 01:36 PM
You must not be too familiar with a americanus. One of my favorites was that all libs are racist because they questioned "a strong black woman of power" condoleeza rice.

LMAO. Man, I wish I had found this category earlier so I could've caught that one while it was still alive. :(

goblin6
04-28-2004, 01:38 PM
WHO ****ING CARES?!?!!?

I don't care how much Kerry pays for a haircut, I don't care how much Bush pays for a suit.
Totally irrelevant bull****.

So again,

WHO ****ING CARES?!!??

SteakNPotatoes
04-28-2004, 02:00 PM

or the thread in which he calls all liberals "chicken ****" cowards because Pat Tillman was called in Afghanistan. That was a good one. :D

Jcfreak_02
04-28-2004, 03:44 PM
But being a republican this is okay for Bush :D, he embraces the wealthy whereas Kerry and his platform aim to target the rich if I am not mistaken.

LordNeon
04-28-2004, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by Jcfreak_02
But being a republican this is okay for Bush :D, he embraces the wealthy whereas Kerry and his platform aim to target the rich if I am not mistaken.

What does that have to do with the cost of Kerry's haircut, exactly?

Is it supposed to be hypocritical of him to be wealthy and oppose tax cuts for the wealthy? If it says anything about him, that says he's not motivated by his own interests.

The.Giant
04-28-2004, 06:19 PM

That's really nothing special man.

14k is alittle excessive but 2-5k for a top quality suit is not that uncommon.

I used to work in a high end mens clothing store and we sold suits like that all the time.

CerealKiller
04-28-2004, 06:25 PM
Kenneth Starr spent 40 million for his suit and didn't even get a haircut or blowjob. :cool:

Heavily Armed
04-28-2004, 06:26 PM

So that's the Kerry standard? If he get's elected, none of us will even be able to afford a haircut!

He,he, then the hairstylists will become fabulously wealthy, and Kerry will tax them back into poverty where we all belong.

Person
04-28-2004, 07:53 PM
$2k for a suit and $1k for a haircut are completely different.

FiveOneNine
04-28-2004, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by Person
Why are they that different? Both are to do with personal appearance, both are too damn costly. This conflict has already been resolved: Neither one of these claims actually matter. It's just pointless campaign propaghanda that has nothing to do with either candidates abilities as a leader.

The.Giant
04-28-2004, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by Person

I completely agree.

I mans haircut shouldn't cost over $20, a simple $12 cut is fine and you probably won't notice the difference.

So...kerry paid roughly 50 times the acceptable range for a haircut.

I own a suit that's worth 2 grand, and a good suit should cost about that much. So bush paid between 1 and 7 times that(2-14k)....huge difference!

Person
04-28-2004, 09:06 PM
Why are they that different? Both are to do with personal appearance, both are too damn costly. This conflict has already been resolved: Neither one of these claims actually matter. It's just pointless campaign propaghanda that has nothing to do with either candidates abilities as a leader.

Is a car too damn costly because they can cost tens of thousands of dollars? A good suit that actually fits and is soft is VERY expensive, period. You can't just get a suit like that cheap. I have a better hair cut then Kerry and it costs $15 (plus a $3 tip) once a month.

LordNeon
04-28-2004, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by The.Giant
I completely agree.

I mans haircut shouldn't cost over $20, a simple $12 cut is fine and you probably won't notice the difference.

So...kerry paid roughly 50 times the acceptable range for a haircut.

I own a suit that's worth 2 grand, and a good suit should cost about that much. So bush paid between 1 and 7 times that(2-14k)....huge difference!

:rolleyes: Talk about splitting hairs. So it's OK if Kerry pays, say, $200 for a haircut - then you'd leave it alone and move to a REAL issue?

Reborn79
04-28-2004, 09:43 PM
I find it amusing that the right is bringing up issues such as WHAT exactly Kerry threw onto the White House lawn in protest of the Vietnam War (Ribbons...or medals?!?!), his haircuts, his military service...

Here's an idea! Focus on the REAL issues! The ones that matter! Environment, Iraq, National Security, the Economy.

Simply attacking a person for minute things such as the issues posted above only makes the attacking side seem all the more desperate and pathetic.

Reborn79
04-28-2004, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by a. americanus
Not. Bush doesn't go around trying to pretend hes a man of the people looking out for the little guy. Kerry is the one faking that. Thats why its so hypocritical he gets $1000.00 haircuts.

I couldn't care less if he spends $1,000 on his haircuts or Bush spends $1,000,000 on his suits. Just don't be a hypocrit.

Understand now?

Kerry has every god damn right to say he is a man of the people; why? Because he understands that supporting the middle class with tax breaks is more important than giving huge tax breaks to the upper class.

Yeah, he is rich. So what? At least he understands that it is wrong to **** over the majority of Americans, who make under 100k a year, and favor the richest americans.

You think Bush will stand up for the middle class? Bull****. If Bush really wanted to help out, he would have given the biggest tax cut percentage to the middle class and not the extremely wealthy. He'd give companies incentives to stay in the U.S. as opposed to giving incentives to go overseas and outsource. He'd impliment plans for the public schools that don't force millions of people to pay HIGHER taxes for them. The list goes on.

Both of these guys are rich, but only one of them actually gives a **** about the 'average joe'. Bush sure as hell ain't him.

Heavily Armed
04-28-2004, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by Reborn79
Kerry has every god damn right to say he is a man of the people; why? Because he understands that supporting the middle class with tax breaks is more important than giving huge tax breaks to the upper class.

Yeah, he is rich. So what? At least he understands that it is wrong to **** over the majority of Americans, who make under 100k a year, and favor the richest americans.

You think Bush will stand up for the middle class? Bull****. If Bush really wanted to help out, he would have given the biggest tax cut percentage to the middle class and not the extremely wealthy. He'd give companies incentives to stay in the U.S. as opposed to giving incentives to go overseas and outsource. He'd impliment plans for the public schools that don't force millions of people to pay HIGHER taxes for them. The list goes on.

Both of these guys are rich, but only one of them actually gives a **** about the 'average joe'. Bush sure as hell ain't him.

Neither really cares about the average joe. They just care to persuade us to vote for them. Politicians are champions of the people on the campaign trail, then masters of the realm when they take office.

Reborn79
04-28-2004, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by Heavily Armed
Neither really cares about the average joe. They just care to persuade us to vote for them. Politicians are champions of the people on the campaign trail, then masters of the realm when they take office.

You are correct, to a degree. Most presidents try to keep their campaign promises when elected (unlike Bush...Kyoto treaty, anyone?)...to do otherwise is essentially promising them only one term in office.

Reborn79
04-28-2004, 10:12 PM
Edit: Bah, stupid....sorry for the double post.

Petey_G
04-28-2004, 10:37 PM

Nice suits are normally OVER 3k dollars...Nice haircuts are NORMALLY 25-75$...There are suits that have costed 200k, but I have NEVER heard of a haircut that has costed 1k...

...what point are you trying to make???

irpker
04-29-2004, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by Reborn79
You are correct, to a degree. Most presidents try to keep their campaign promises when elected (unlike Bush...Kyoto treaty, anyone?)...to do otherwise is essentially promising them only one term in office.

The Kyoto accord is bogus. It's a large welfare check courtesy of America, China, India and Russia and first-world nations to poor nations that do not believe in free-market principles, which stagnate their GDP growth, hence, the lack of pollution they produce.

No president will be in his right mind to sign that, and even then it will be tough because it will have to go through Congress.

Starsky
04-29-2004, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by irpker
The Kyoto accord is bogus. It's a large welfare check courtesy of America, China, India and Russia and first-world nations to poor nations that do not believe in free-market principles, which stagnate their GDP growth, hence, the lack of pollution they produce.

No president will be in his right mind to sign that, and even then it will be tough because it will have to go through Congress.

Congress would have never ratified it(except perhaps the Kucinich wing). It is horrific piece of regulations for America. It takes aim to maim industrialized, successful economies and with the lost jobs, money, and markets subsidize third world ****holes who wouldn't be able to develop with the $$$ anyways.

Heywood_Jablome
04-29-2004, 02:45 AM
Kerry is constantly bringing up his 30yr old war record. So get over it.

And you are constantly bringing up **** that ultimately has zero effect on **** all. Get over it.

SteakNPotatoes
04-29-2004, 05:09 AM
Not. Bush doesn't go around trying to pretend hes a man of the people looking out for the little guy. Kerry is the one faking that. Thats why its so hypocritical he gets $1000.00 haircuts.

I couldn't care less if he spends $1,000 on his haircuts or Bush spends $1,000,000 on his suits. Just don't be a hypocrit.

Understand now?

Wow, this is sad. You can't stand it when someone else admits to a fault on the conservative side. You are freakin' pathetic.

Person
04-29-2004, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by SteakNPotatoes
Wow, this is sad. You can't stand it when someone else admits to a fault on the conservative side. You are freakin' pathetic.

Paying $2k for a suit isn't a fault on the conservative side...