PDA

View Full Version : Thundergut's Journal ... fear the belly!

thundergut
05-08-2007, 12:03 PM
I'm already posting much of this stuff in my BodyBlog, but I figured I'd post out here too. More views = more motivation, feedback, and accountability. So, here goes nothing...

My name is Mike, I'm a food-a-holic, and this is my journal.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I almost made it through yesterday with a 100% on my report card.

I ended the day with 2301 cals, 93g fat (37%), 147g carb (23%), and 222g protein (40%).

It?s fairly close to where I wanted to be with 2800 cals, 95g fat (30%), 180g carb (25%), and 320g protein (45%). I?m being generous when I say "fairly close."

Workout wasn?t bad, but it was hampered by my time allowance. I had to go back to the car dealership to get my carwash and tank of gas that comes with the purchase of a new car, and that took FOREVER. By FOREVER I mean "longer than I wanted it to." But oh well. It?s my own fault for not having Tivo or DVR and being addicted to ONE TV show?Heroes. I had to be cleaned up and at home infront of the tube by 8:50pm, no later. So, workout went a bit like this?

Bench (3 sets, 6-10 reps) became (3 sets, 12/10/8 reps [135, 155, 185])
T-bar Row (3 sets, 6-10 reps) became (didn?t do)
Incline Bench (3 sets, 6-10 reps) became (3 sets, 10/10/8 reps [135, 135, 135])
Lat pulldown to front (3 sets, 6-10 reps) became (3 sets, 10/10/10 reps [100, 120, 120])
Dips (3 sets, 6-10 reps) became (3 sets, 6-10 reps on weight assist machine w/ 200lb assist)
Shrugs (3 sets, 6-10 reps) became (didn?t do)
Flys (2 sets, 10-12 reps) became (didn?t do)
Reverse flys (2 sets, 10-12 reps) became (3 sets, 10 reps [100, 80, 80]) (nautilus)
Stiff-leg deadlift (3 sets, 10-12 reps) became (didn?t do)
Rope ab crunch (3 sets, 10-15 reps) and Reverse crunch (3 sets, 10-20 reps) became regular crunches (2 sets, 30 reps)
So basically I skipped the T-Bar Row (don?t have a t-bar, so I?d have to modify), the Shrugs, Flyes, Stiff-Leg Deadlift, and I swapped out the two ab exercises for one. I would have done more, but like I said earlier, I watch ONE show on TV, so I wasn?t going to miss it.

However, I would have done more ab-work but my abs are funny. I can only ever do 2 sets of 30, after that my entire abdominal wall just spasms up and acts like it?s going to turn in to a bad cramp. Doing a sphinx stretch only helps moderately. It was worse yesterday since I was a bit dehydrated (all they had at the dealership to drink was soda, tea, and coffee?no ice water?ugh).

Now I did say the diet didn?t do bad yesterday. Well, it?s a bit of an avoidance. I didn?t do horribly, just not where I really wanted to be. I had some Pringles at work which accounted for 450 cal, 30g fat, 42g carb, and 3g protein. Horrible. Also, I fell into an old behavior without thinking about it. During Heroes I ended up eating a bowl of ice cream. I don?t know how much, or the caloric values for it?but I know it?s bad. I didn?t even really realize I was eating it until about halfway through the bowl. At that point, my inner desire to be fit ran into my inner stubborn kid.

Inner Fit Desire: "Oh crap, I?m eating ice cream. Put it down, put it down!"
Inner Stubborn Kid: "Oh hell no, this is MY ice cream!"
IFD: "Hey, Inner Willpower, come help me out!"
ISK: "Hey now Fit Desire, look at it this way?you?ve already eaten half of the bowl. The diet is shot, why can?t we just finish the bowl?"
IFD: "It?s bad! Where the hell is Willpower!?!"
ISK: "I assure you that I didn?t bind and gag Willpower in the closet, so I don?t know where he is. *whistles innocently* But c?mon?it?s ice cream?"
IFD: "Ice cream is good?but NO! Can?t do it, must be strong!"
ISK: "Iiiiiice creeaaaaammmm?.mmmmm, so good?"
IFD: "Mmm?ice cream?.oh what the hell, finish it off!"

I didn?t even bother to record the nutritional value of the ice cream, it would have hurt me, so I?m going to maintain the illusion that I did not eat the ice cream, and I will add on 15-20 mins of extra cardio today.

Today will be better. Less carbs for lunch, so I?ll be able to pile down some post-workout. More time to workout which translates into more time between workout and dinner to down a PWO shake.

SkinnyDip
05-08-2007, 12:23 PM
Good luck on your journey, you can make it.

IronIc
05-08-2007, 12:52 PM
Good luck, thundergut. You can do this! :)

~I

thundergut
05-09-2007, 06:38 AM
Tuesday - 5/8/07

Not a bad day. Ate well up to lunch, but I left my lunchbag in the car and it was kinda warm. Cottage cheese wasn't too tasty. So a few of us went to get Chinese for lunch. Mongolian Beef w/ steamed rice and egg drop soup. Not too bad, I put half of the lunch portion entree in a to-go box immediately and ate the rest, was plenty full but I didn't have that "Must eat it because I see it!" feeling if I had left the other half on my plate. Good call on that one.

Ate well in the afternoon, kept myself in my guidelines. Could have used more water intake.

Had a DAMN good workout!

TUESDAY: Shoulders, Arms

Behind the neck shoulder press
(3 sets, 8-10 reps)
became
(3 sets, 10 reps [95, 95, 95])

Military press
(3 sets, 8-10 reps)
became
(3 sets, 10 reps [95, 95, 95])

Preacher curls
(3 sets, 8-10 reps)
became
(3 sets, 10 reps [40, 50, 60]) (machine)

French press or "skull-crushers"
(3 sets, 8-10 reps)
became
(3 sets, 10 reps [40lb barbell])

Shoulder raises (any type)
(2 sets, 8-10 reps)
became
(1 set, 10 reps front raise and 1 set, 10 reps lateral raises [15lb dumbbells])

Hammers
(3 sets, 8-10 reps)
became
(3 sets, 10 reps [35, 30, 25])

V-bar tricep press
(3 sets, 8-10 reps)
became
Tricep Pulldown (3 sets, 10 reps [40, 50, 40])

Forearm curls
(2 sets, 8-10 reps)
became
(2 sets, 10 reps [40lb barbell])

Reverse forearm curls
(2 sets, 8-10 reps)
became
(2 sets, 10 reps [40lb barbell])

Finished off with 3 minutes of HIIT on the Elliptical. 4 minute intervals of easy/hard/easy/hard/easy/hard/easy, and a 5 minute cooldown

Left the gym DRENCHED in sweat but feeling GREAT!

Had a good vanilla PWO shake with milk and vanilla protein powder (i'm addicted to this stuff, it's like a healthy milkshake).

Buddy called as I was working on dinner. He'd just got back in town and wanted to see the new car and go watch Spiderman 3 (time #2 for me). So, I put the kaibosh on dinner preparations and just reheated my leftover lunch. Didn't eat anything at the theatre, and wasn't really hungry before bed.

So, I think I did pretty well. No nutritional value on the Mongolian Beef that I split between lunch and dinner, but it didn't seem too bad. But, after the workout I had yesterday, I could have eaten a family-size bucket of KFC circa 1995 and STILL felt like a champion. I love working out!!

Quickxi
05-09-2007, 05:26 PM
Nice workout! Drenched in sweat by the end is usually a good sign. You will get more people looking at this thread then your blog; at least in the beginning. Good luck and stay the task!

thundergut
05-09-2007, 07:11 PM
Amen to that, and needless to say, I love the feeling of walking out of the gym...arms taught, shoulders pumped, stomach on the verge of cramping, drenched in sweat, fingers sore from gripping the barbells and dumbbells...

But then again, I'm sure we all do. Part of the addiction :)

Thanks for the feedback!

thundergut
05-09-2007, 07:20 PM
No workout today, despite how much I wanted to. I'm trying to stick to a regimen of MTTF and Sat/Sun cardio. Weds is my completely off-off day. Not sure if thats a good thing or a bad thing, but we'll see.

Diet was ok today.

I have an issue with throwing away food, so my first few weeks of diet will be interspersed with anal-retentive sabotage. I basically had nachos minus the nachos for dinner. Ground beef, pinto beans, diced onion, a little shredded cheese, and a spoonful of sour cream...no, not low fat...the good stuff.

But, that meal cleans my kitchen out of ground beef, pinto beans, and sour cream. So thats a BIG plus for me. I'm very much an "out of sight, out of mind" person. I have enough willpower not to buy it, but if it's at home and going to waste...I'd rather eat it and regret it than toss it. Bad habit, I know.

Aside from dinner, diet today was on point. Had a handful of plain baked lays when I got home from work, long day and I was feeling it. The carbs definitely gave me a quick pick-me-up, just what I needed. But thats about the only stray of my diet today.

I won't mention the single spoonful of ice cream I had after dinner.........dammit.

Tomorrow is a new day, and it's LEGS tomorrow. I love when I work legs, nobody else in my gym has really big legs, but thats one thing that I have naturally. My quads are ginormous when they get worked, and the occasional discreet glance when I'm throwing down squats or presses...makes me feel good about at least one part of my body. Plus walking home afterwards is a B*TCH, but it is well worth it, knowing I had a great workout.

phillepe
05-09-2007, 07:48 PM
good luck man. I'm in the same boat, I hate my love handles!!!

Quickxi
05-09-2007, 11:14 PM
enjoy the leg workout tomorrow, I've got them as well :D

Badfrog
05-10-2007, 09:43 AM
Haha, good journal......funny read. Hope to see you around for a while. We have similar stats with respect to BF%. Keep working hard and keep working on cleaning up that diet. BTW, I'm not sure how the pinto beans were prepared but if it's the kind straight out of the can then they are pretty good. No fat, plenty of good carbs and protein.

thundergut
05-10-2007, 11:03 AM
Yep, straight from the can. Drained and rinsed, tossed in a saucepan with a little water so they won't burn to the sides/bottom, and cooked up. I would have preferred black beans with the nachos, but like I said, I'm trying to get out all of the bad food from the house w/o adding more in...so...pintos it was :)

Thanks for the feedback! As long as folks keep reading, I'll keep posting. Actually, even if folks don't read I'll keep posting. I want to look back in a year after I've dropped some good weight and say "Well dang, so thats how it all started..." :)

Quickxi
05-10-2007, 11:15 PM
how was the leg workout?

ScottC
05-11-2007, 03:35 AM
how was the leg workout?
Another waddler??? :D

Best to you on your journey to transform your body Thundergut!

thundergut
05-11-2007, 04:12 AM
Leg workout was fairly disappointing. This being my first week trying this new plan, I can't base my judgements on results, but more on how I feel afterwards.

More info coming soon...gotta get ready for work.

Btw, thanks for the support :)

THURSDAY (PM): Legs

Squat or Leg Press
(4 sets, 6-10 reps)
became
Squats (4 sets, 10 reps [95, 135, 185, 225]

Lying Leg Curl
(4 sets, 6-10 reps)
became
(4 sets, 10 reps [50, 70, 90, 110])

Standing Calf Raise
(4 sets, 6-10 reps)
became
(4 sets, 10 reps [225]) stood on a pair of 25lb plates for a riser

Leg Extensions
(4 sets, 10-12 reps)
became
(4 sets, 12 reps [100, 100, 110, 110])

Seated Leg Curl
(4 sets, 10-12 reps)
became
(none) Didn't do, no seated leg curl machine at my gym and didn't feel like trying to MacGuyver a solution.

Seated Calf Raise
(4 sets, 10-12 reps)
became
(4 sets, 12 reps [45])

All in all, not a bad leg workout, but not a great one either. I think next time around I'll throw in some hack squats or leg presses, or maybe some of those Tabata Thrusters and/or Squats.

Afterwards I ran a mile on the treadmill. Stamina is getting better, but I still struggle to run more than 3 minutes at a time. Damn my windpipe! I've got huge tonsils, a deviated septum, and bad allergies...it's hard for me to breathe just regularly, so trying to run is like huffing and puffing through a f*cking straw. I hate it, but oh well.

I jogged home about halfway, but my legs started to feel weird...wobbly? maybe. So I figured I'd just walk it out.

Made a new chicken recipe last night. I take my usual chicken, dice it up and throw it in a pan with a splash of olive oil, and a tbsp of this coconut curry paste I got at the asian market. It was very yum. I also made a bit of naan (indian bread, like a pita, but no hole in the middle) to go along with it, so protein and carbs. I had to back off the broc**** for a night, I just had to.

thundergut
05-11-2007, 09:39 PM
Friday (PM)

Bench
(2 sets, 10 reps [135, 135])

Single Arm Row
(2 sets, 10 reps [35])

Incline Bench
(2 sets, 10 reps [135, 135])

Lat Pulldown to Front
(2 sets, 10 reps [100, 110]

Behind the Neck Shoulder Press
(1 set, 10 reps [115])

Military Press
(1 set, 10 reps [115])

Bicep Curl (dumbbell)
(2 sets, 10 reps [35, 30]

Tricep Pushdown
(2 sets, 10 reps [40, 45])

I then did 32 mins HIIT on the elliptical and jogged home.

Diet was kinda crap today. Ate a huge salad at lunch, so that was good, but I didn't take my food in with me, so I was all over the place for blood sugar and hunger today. Started to feel really sick and faint near 4:30-5pm, so when I got home first thing I had was some tortilla chips and hummus. Felt better by about 6pm, and went to workout at 7pm.

Again, I started dipping around like wild after the workout, so I had a chicken breast with a small handful of whole wheat pasta and red sauce.

Not sure whats up with me today, but I'm thinking that 4 days of eating 5-6 meals and then the Friday of the one big lunch-3 meal deal-really threw my body for a loop. Not looking forward to doing that again.......

thundergut
05-13-2007, 04:51 PM
Blahhhh...I slipped this weekend. I slipped pretty bad.

Saturday I went to visit some friends and ended up going to eat Indian food. Not too bad, I stuck mostly to the chicken and basmati rice, tried to keep it clean...but I failed. Naan is a weakness. Ugh.

Later on Saturday, I took a swing dancing lesson that lasted about 2 hours (lesson + free dance)...that was almost better than my regular workout. I felt that 2 hours of dancing earned me the naan I ate earlier, but I shouldn't think like that. Still...

Dinner was a dis-as-ter. Went to a brewpub. I resisted the beer (which is a BITCH for an irishman like myself), but I didn't resist the fish and chips. I peeled off as much batter from the fish as I could, but the fries were good. *bzzzt* Wrong answer. Oh well.

Sunday morning wasn't too bad. Crashed at a friend's place and when we all got up, we had eggs, bacon, hash browns, and pancakes. Everything was fairly clean except for the regular bacon (not turkey), the hash browns (yay for taters!) and the pancakes (were good w/o syrup, but still...carrrrbs).

So blah there again.

I just got back from a BBQ with other friends. Had a nice steak on the grill, corn on the cob, and a shrimp kebab with various peppers. All in all, not a bad meal. But then I had a small piece of angel food cake w/ fresh strawberries. Urgh!

I need to come to the realization that my stomach is still bigger than my willpower and will routinely whup willpowers arse when I tempt myself with food. So I need to remove the temptation.

I'll just have to do better with it.

I'm giving myself an hour or two to finish digesting, then I'm going to the gym. I need to reorganize my weights I think. They're not bad, but they were arranged for a different diet than mine (keto). Last week left me feeling a bit...well, not sure. The word I'm looking for may be "slow", might be "weak"...but I didn't feel that I hit the weights right last week. Monday and Tuesday were badass workouts. Seriously. Wednesday put me off because it was really off. Nothing done. Blah. Thursday and Friday were legs and a light whole-body workout, but it just let me down. I'm not sore right now, at all. That's not a bad thing, but neither is it good.

So, rehashing my workout plan, reloading my mp3 player, and going to run my ass in a few hours. I may have fallen off the horse, but by damn I'm getting back up and we're gonna have us a run.

Wish me luck! Oh, and if you have any spare willpower...send some my way :)

I.K.
05-13-2007, 05:25 PM
Oh, maann... I don't think I've ever seen so much.. food .. in one post! That's one mean weekend! I'll give something that'll motivate you: I was buying jeans today and found out by trial and error that I went down from a 40'' to a 38" waist, heh..

Hit that damn elliptical and speed up your jog ;)
You got potential for one great transformation, man!

TheKansan
05-13-2007, 05:30 PM
Good luck Mike, you are doing a good job. Don't let one weekend stop your progress. It is a very small setback, believe me, you can easily bounce back from it.

thundergut
05-13-2007, 05:47 PM
Kansan: thanks for the kick in the pants, sometimes you just need to hear someone else say that all hope is NOT lost. I appreciate it

I.K.: Yeah, I pretty much ate myself to death this weekend. Not looking forward to tomorrow morning's weigh in. Stay tuned!

thundergut
05-14-2007, 04:17 AM
Sunday night I busted my own arse and went to the gym. Did my usual weight loss routine on elliptical for 28 mins + 4 mins cooldown, then I did my bike HIIT for 15 mins (30s hard 130-140rpm, 90s moderate 90-100rpm).

I'm down another 1.2 pounds since last monday. It's actually the first time i've been under 279 in a LONG time, so I'm very happy. Next stop, next Monday!

Hotmoltenlava
05-14-2007, 07:24 AM
Keep going, Thundergut!

I am living proof that you can do it. I am 6'3" and 33yo. I was 295lbs and 30+% bf about 7 months ago. I am now 250lbs, 22% bf and 192lbs LBM. I am doing the same thing you are doing and busting my ass in the gym. I went from a tight 44" pant to a loose 38" pant. I feel great and so will you. I am not even close to finish (I want to get to 200lbs LBM and 15%bf), but I look so much better and feel like I did in high school. Keep motivated and keep doing what you are doing. The weeks and months will fly by and you will change your life.

Have a good one.

Quickxi
05-14-2007, 08:21 AM
TG, when I started my journal I had some problems with cheats. At my heaviest I weighed in at 288. I have a picture from that era and I posted it on my wall in my bedroom. Whenever I wanted to cheat, I would walk into the bedroom and look at that picture. That helped immensely!

The picture is still up, and I still use it to this day. If I feel like skipping a gym workout or ordering pizza etc, I focus on that picture. Perhaps it might help you out as well; just a suggestion....
Get back on your system, let this weekend be just a hiccup!

thundergut
05-14-2007, 09:01 AM
Thanks hotmoltenlava, I'm working on it. I'm in a loose 40 right now, so I'm hoping to get back down to a 36. Very nice numbers on your change though. I'll get there eventually, just gotta keep on truckin.

Quickxi, I hear you man. When I'm at home and I feel the temptation I have three motivators:

* I look at my Bodyspace account for my pics from December.
* I stand in my full length mirror in my boxers and look at myself from the side. If I can grab belly, I know I'm not done.
* I have a desktop from BB.com of Jamie Eason. That's one of my biggest motivators...she's too hot. Makes me want to get in shape.

The trouble I have with food is mostly when there are other people involved...but it's a work in progress. Michelangelo didn't paint the Sistine Chapel overnight, I just need to be patient and consistent and I'll get there.

I think I need to go get a new digital camera. The LCD in my old one stopped working, and now it takes nothing but solid black frames. I think the optics are somehow fudged up, but I didn't drop it or anything. Frustrating.

Oh well, new camera here I come! Sooner or later... :P

TheDiplomats
05-14-2007, 09:11 AM
Cheats every now and then wont kill you. It will definitely slow your progress down, but if you keep at it in the gym and do the best you know you can do with your diet, then you'll get where you want to go.

I know what its like on the weekends when you are hanging out with friends who eat whatever the hell they want and drink liquor and tons of beer. Just have to resist sometimes. Keep up the hard work!

thundergut
05-14-2007, 08:26 PM
First day of the new week, starting off GREAT. Down 1.2 lbs this morning from the same time last week. Decent day at work, but I didn't have much time to prep cook this weekend so lunch was sparse, but I kept it under control.

Did some shopping after work, got some groceries to prep cook for the week, good stuff. Got home a bit later than I'd like to have (remember my Heroes addiction), so I had to rush through prep and getting ready to workout. Went to the gym feeling real weak and real low energy. Got myself psyched enough to do my deal and roll out by 8:10pm, plenty of time to get home, shower, cook, grub, and watch Heroes. Yay!

Bench (3 sets, 10 reps [135, 135, 155])
Rows (3 sets, 10 reps each arm [35lb dumbbell])
Incline Bench (3 sets, 10 reps [135]
Front Lat Pulldown (3 sets, 10 reps [100, 110, 110])
Dips (3 sets, 10 reps on assisted bodyweight machine [200, 190, 190])
Shrugs (3 sets, 10 reps [45, 55, 60 dumbbells])
Machine Flyes (2 sets, 10 reps [100, 110])
Reverse Machine Flyes (2 sets, 10 reps [60, 80])

Elliptical for 28 mins interval w/ 4 min cooldown (32 mins total cardio)

The cardio kicked my ass, I felt like I was going to pass out during my first hard interval, but I just pushed on through and focused on breathing. Made it through just fine.

All in all, good day. Got my meals, got my workout, got my Heroes, got some of my prep done. Good stuff.

fates_child03
05-14-2007, 09:07 PM
Don't let the weekend slip make you feel bad man just go back to business as usual and keep up the hardwork. None of us became overweight over night and none of us will lose it all over night. Its all about make sustainable lifestyle changes.

Quickxi
05-14-2007, 09:38 PM
nice job powering through that cardio! I've been there before and haven't always been successful with that! Glad your day went well, hope you enjoyed your show :)

Freddie Beef
05-14-2007, 09:57 PM
nice journal bro! Sounds like you are on the road to success.

cawiau
05-14-2007, 10:18 PM
Great job on the workout today!!!
Keep up the good work!!!

thundergut
05-15-2007, 06:00 AM
Sounds like you are on the road to success.

I wish the fat would realize this and just abandon ship! :)

And yeah, good episode of Heroes. I haven't watched TV since the 2nd season of ER like 10 years ago, but I'm hooked on Heroes. It's my "cheat activity." There are better things I could be doing, but it's my guilty pleasure. Hah!

Thanks for the kind words!

-------------------------------------------------------------

On to a serious question though, I'm trying to keep my cals at 2800-ish, macros at 45% p / 25% c / 30 % f. Do you think thats appropriate for my weight loss goals, or should that ratio and quantity be tweaked. My modified bmr is about 3500-3800+ cals. I'm 280lbs with between 27-31% bodyfat (depending on how my scale is feeling in the morning when I weigh...I really need a caliper).

Any thoughts?

thundergut
05-15-2007, 07:11 PM
Hit it pretty well again today, but the gym was a little more crowded than usual with the once-a-week crew monopolizing the bench, so I had to switch it up a bit...hence the slightly diff weights. I usually do presses with the smith machine, but had to use regular static barbell. My gym's static barbells are really pretty short, I had to go lower on the weight so I could grip it suitably for the bar and not ram myself in the head.

Behind the neck shoulder press (3 sets, 10 reps [60, 70, 80])

Military press (3 sets, 10 reps [70, 60, 60])

Preacher curls (3 sets, 10 reps [60, 70, 70]) (machine)

French press or "skull-crushers" (3 sets, 10 reps [40lb barbell])

Shoulder raises (any type) (1 set, 10 reps front raise and 1 set, 10 reps lateral raises [15lb dumbbells])

Hammers (3 sets, 10 reps [35, 30, 25])

Tricep Pulldown (3 sets, 10 reps [40, 50, 50])

Forearm curls (2 sets, 10 reps [40lb barbell])

Reverse forearm curls (2 sets, 10 reps [40lb barbell])

Cardio was the usual elliptical for 28 mins HIIT + 4 min cooldown. I skipped on the bike sprints today.

Felt REALLY weak again today. I think I need to sit down and re-evaluate my diet. I'm probably waiting too long between feedings.

7am - breakfast - 3 eggs, 4 slices turkey bacon, 2 slices whole wheat toast, 1tbsp can't believe it's not butter spread

9:30-10am - 2 scoop protein shake w/ water, sometimes I'll throw in a string cheese or handful of almonds

11:30-12pm - lunch. chicken, rice, veggies or tuna, baked lays, and a mozzarella & tomato mixture w/ a little EVOO

3-3:30pm - 2 scoop protein shake w/ water, sometimes i'll throw in a strong cheese or handful of almonds

5:30pm - 1 scoop protein shake w/ water and 1/2 banana

5:45-7:00pm - workout. roughly 45m weights, 30m cardio. little more, little less. depends on the day and how I feel. sometimes go up to 45m+ cardio.

15 mins after workout - 2 scoop protein shake w/ 2 tbsp splenda and water (sometimes 1% milk)

8pm - dinner. chicken, rice, veggies or some other meat, starch, veggie combo

I drink water throughout the day, usually in 16.9oz bottles. I'll have 1 at breakfast, 2 between 8-12, 1 between 12-3, and 1 between 3-5. I usually drink down 3-4 bottles while working out, and another 1-2 before bed. So a good amount of water.

I only have a diet soda (coke zero, or diet pepsi/coke) or a black coffee w/ 2 splendas if I'm dragging a$$ midmorning, and maybe one at lunch if I remember to pack one.

I'm really not hitting my maintenance calorie level (3500-3800) and I'm lucky to be hitting my weight loss calorie level (2800). Usually I figure, if I don't cheat, I'll end up with around 2200-2500 cals/day with my macros pretty evenly spread w/ 40-50% protein, 30-40% fats, and 25-40% carb.

Any thoughts for why I may be dropping so low in energy around 3-4pm everyday?

heathershubby
05-15-2007, 07:47 PM
Man you are really killing in the gym and I admire how in depth the journal your keeping is that will go along way to helping you reach you goals. Keep up the great work.

repped already and again on recharge :)

thundergut
05-15-2007, 08:25 PM
Many thanks man, you're not doing too shabby yourself :) Feel better tho, back issues are no joke.

Oh, and on a side note, just found a new pre-bed snacky. Cottage cheese for the casein, about 1c, plus a sprinkle of cinnamon and a tsp of splenda. It's mighty tasty... Probably do 1/2c next time...after about half the bowl I felt like I was eating just b/c it was in front of me.

heathershubby
05-15-2007, 08:38 PM
Many thanks man, you're not doing too shabby yourself :) Feel better tho, back issues are no joke.

Oh, and on a side note, just found a new pre-bed snacky. Cottage cheese for the casein, about 1c, plus a sprinkle of cinnamon and a tsp of splenda. It's mighty tasty... Probably do 1/2c next time...after about half the bowl I felt like I was eating just b/c it was in front of me.

But I can never stop at a cup I always want to eat the whole damn container lol guess thats how I got this big :)

man I just realized how close you are to your short term goal sweeeet.

thundergut
05-16-2007, 08:28 AM
Just over 8lbs to go, and that'll put me down about 30lbs since Christmas. New progress pics at 270 I think, that's good motivation.

turbo271
05-16-2007, 09:05 AM
great stuff thunder, i wouldn't be able to keep a detailed journal like you if my life depended on it. i forgot what i had for breakfast @7 am.

it's 10:00 now.
pathetic

thundergut
05-16-2007, 09:42 AM
Thanks Turbo, but it's more a result of my desk job that I can keep track of it. Whenever I throw something down throat I log it on fitday.com. As for logging my workout, it's a scrap of notebook paper than I write my exercises on, and record weights on the back every few sets when I'm near a pen.

Aside from that, it's a bit of guesswork and trying to remember if/when I did something. Not a precise science, but I'm working on it :)

I've got to find a better way to stick to meals tho. This morning I missed my mid-morning protein shake because I was out on-site. I didn't plan well, or I'd have taken it with me.

thundergut
05-17-2007, 07:11 AM
I did absolutely nothing yesterday. I should have done cardio, but I was trying to figure out a recipe and ended up burning it. Yay me.

I should have just gone to the gym...I hate off days.

thundergut
05-18-2007, 05:58 AM
Legs yesterday, I still don't know if the workout I'm using is enough for me, but I'm going to stick with it for another week or so.

Squats (3 sets, 12 reps [135, 135, 135])
Trying to do the squats as explosively as possible

Seated Calf Raises (3 sets, 12 reps [45, 45, 45])

Leg Curls (3 sets, 12 reps [100, 110, 120])

Leg Extensions (3 sets, 12 reps [100, 110, 120])

The usual, 28 mins HIIT on elliptical w/ 4 min cooldown.

Had to pack for a weekend trip last night, and finish laundry, so no extra bike sprints.

Diet isn't going too bad, but still needs to be worked on / tweaked.

Quick update today, pretty tired today. Blahhh

Quickxi
05-18-2007, 06:00 AM
nice workout. I've been working on my diet FOREVER! I think for me it's just something that I always have to work on. I'm always trying to make it better...

cawiau
05-18-2007, 06:25 AM
You can d it man. Only 8 more lbs to your short term goal. Keep that in mind.
You will be there in no time :)

thundergut
05-18-2007, 07:09 AM
Big hurdle this weekend tho. Get off work today at 5pm, drive 10 hours to pass out at hotel. Spend Saturday w/ my daughter, and start the drive back home that night. Get back in town around 8am Sunday morning, come into work for a few hours.

Watching what I eat is going to be a PAIN this weekend. I'll undoubtedly have to splurge on some fast food, but will try to keep it as "healthy" as possible. Lots of road-food this weekend.

Weigh in on Monday morning will be interesting to see how much this weekend hurts me.

But, on the up-side...I have to go get a new digital camera because mine broke and I want one for my visit w/ my daughter. So that means new progress pics when I get back!

TheKansan
05-18-2007, 08:42 AM
Big hurdle this weekend tho. Get off work today at 5pm, drive 10 hours to pass out at hotel. Spend Saturday w/ my daughter, and start the drive back home that night. Get back in town around 8am Sunday morning, come into work for a few hours.

Watching what I eat is going to be a PAIN this weekend. I'll undoubtedly have to splurge on some fast food, but will try to keep it as "healthy" as possible. Lots of road-food this weekend.

Weigh in on Monday morning will be interesting to see how much this weekend hurts me.

But, on the up-side...I have to go get a new digital camera because mine broke and I want one for my visit w/ my daughter. So that means new progress pics when I get back!

Consider whatever you eat as your cheat meal and don't worry about it. Or you could also consider packing a few healthy snacks in your car. You know fruit, PB sandwiches, whatever will keep you from being hungry on your drive. If you do eat fast food, avoid the soda, see if they have griilled chicken, most fast food places do now, and don't pig out. Have a nice trip.

thundergut
05-20-2007, 08:30 AM
So I lapsed at McDonalds twice (once on the road, and once for the Shrek toy for my girl) and Pizza Hut once (daughter wanted pizza, who am I to say no?).

I ate modestly, but i'm afraid it's going to show come tomorrow AM.

Sleep schedule is totally jacked up...

Friday 5pm - leave work
Friday 1:30am - arrive at hotel
Saturday 9am - get daughter, spend day with her
Saturday 7:30pm - ex picks daughter back up
Saturday 8pm - start driving home
Sunday 4:30am - arrive home and pass the hell out
Sunday 10am - wake up

Drove over 1100 miles round trip...I don't feel like driving much more this weekend, heh...

We'll see if cardio goes off tonight, I'm exhausted and my allergies are picking up. Saturday was my cheat day, and cheat I did. Weigh in tomorrow.

cawiau
05-21-2007, 07:01 AM
So I lapsed at McDonalds twice (once on the road, and once for the Shrek toy for my girl) and Pizza Hut once (daughter wanted pizza, who am I to say no?).

I ate modestly, but i'm afraid it's going to show come tomorrow AM.

Sleep schedule is totally jacked up...

Friday 5pm - leave work
Friday 1:30am - arrive at hotel
Saturday 9am - get daughter, spend day with her
Saturday 7:30pm - ex picks daughter back up
Saturday 8pm - start driving home
Sunday 4:30am - arrive home and pass the hell out
Sunday 10am - wake up

Drove over 1100 miles round trip...I don't feel like driving much more this weekend, heh...

We'll see if cardio goes off tonight, I'm exhausted and my allergies are picking up. Saturday was my cheat day, and cheat I did. Weigh in tomorrow.

Hey, don't let it stop you.
Just think of it as a necessary lapse ;) whom are you to refuse your daughter.
But just make sure you get back on that sattle and work your ass off.

thundergut
05-21-2007, 12:45 PM
Weigh in at 279.2, almost a pound over last Monday. Not happy about it, but I'm still exhausted from the trip this weekend.

I may have to use today as my off-day too, which I hate to do since I haven't done anything in several days. I need to go hit the grocery store and cook since I was gone almost all weekend. Laundry too. Ugh.

I definitely need to get back on track.

Tired and feeling funny today, so not in the best mood. Gym would help, so I'll probably go for a bit at least. But we'll see.

d/mc
05-22-2007, 02:13 PM
Hey man, you will get back on track no problem. I have to catch myself sometimes and I know you said above you don't like to throw food out, but on the ocassion where I do want to cheat I just have smaller portions of whatever it is. A third of the piece of cheesecake. Half an order of fries. I try to give away the rest or just throw it out. It also helps to eat it slower so you enjoy it more and don't feel like you NEED to eat the whole thing. You gotta give yourself some "old lifestyle" food once in a while. The guys who say they never cheat are either liars or have way more willpower than I do. Important thing is to cheat rarely, cheat small, get back on track and don't beat yourself up over it.

Oh hey where in NC are you?

thundergut
05-22-2007, 02:31 PM
More than anything I need to recover from this past weekend. 1200 miles = 18 hrs driving + 6 hrs sleep + 12 hours with my daughter

That adds up to an excellent, yet exhausting weekend. I skipped the gym yesterday because I barely had the energy to unload my groceries, much less get in a good workout.

I'll probably skip today, and do my 4 days of weights on Weds, Thurs, Fri, Sat and rest on Sun. I'll be sure to cardio each weight day as well as Sunday.

I just need more RnR to catch back up to myself...car-lag is for the dogs.

d\mc: sent you a pm on your bodyspace

cawiau
05-22-2007, 04:40 PM
That adds up to an excellent, yet exhausting weekend. I skipped the gym yesterday because I barely had the energy to unload my groceries, much less get in a good workout.

Sounds like a good plan to me ;)
Just make sure you stick to it

heathershubby
05-22-2007, 04:58 PM
More than anything I need to recover from this past weekend. 1200 miles = 18 hrs driving + 6 hrs sleep + 12 hours with my daughter

I'll probably skip today, and do my 4 days of weights on Weds, Thurs, Fri, Sat and rest on Sun. I'll be sure to cardio each weight day as well as Sunday.

I just need more RnR to catch back up to myself...car-lag is for the dogs.

d\mc: sent you a pm on your bodyspace

I married a girl who lived 4 hours away in another country lol I know what your feeling I work work all day then go there have to squeeze in a week of dating in 2 days so get 3 or 4 hours sleep tops and drive home and right back to work for 8 hours it kills you for a couple days. Get back at it when you feel rested and eat as clean as you can.

Hey I am comming your way for vacation this summer just found out we are going to be visiting my wifes family in Boon N.C. and Charlette N.C.

thundergut
05-23-2007, 06:33 AM
Awesome man, I'm a few hours away in the Raleigh area. If you ever end up out this way, drop me a PM, we can grab some dinner (aka: chicken, broc****, and water - rofl) :)

On another note, I'm actually from Hamilton, ON. If gas ever drops back down to a SANE price, I usually drive up to visit my family and go right through Detroit/Windsor. Tho it'll be hard to pass by Harveys and not stop for a burger and some poutine....

thundergut
05-23-2007, 02:24 PM
My new love = turkey burgers. Credit to dkf10425 for mentioning these to me.

I made one last night, it was, simply put, divine. 8oz ground turkey, garlic powder, and a spice blend I got from Sams in a big grinder (I forget the name).

It was about 10x as juicy as a regular burger, but 93% fat free for starters. It didn't spatter and spray grease like a regular burger does. It wasn't dry or tough like a regular burger can get if you overcook it.

I think I've found the proper partner to my baked chicken, grilled salmon and tuna regimen...yay!

On a side note, got my Yerba Mate today. I never did see any "exact" preparation instructions, so I kinda fudged through it. Don't think I made it strong enough, but I definitely notice a difference in energy between pre- and post- yerba mate period. It's a bit messy for me to prepare at work, so I think I need to get one of those portable electric tea kettles for my desk, and I need to make it closer to 5pm so the energy effect will carry over into my workout. All in all, I'm pleased so far and I've only tried 1 of my samples.

Quickxi
05-23-2007, 02:40 PM
i like turkey burgers also, they have good macros, but the wife hates em :(

heathershubby
05-23-2007, 02:58 PM
Awesome man, I'm a few hours away in the Raleigh area. If you ever end up out this way, drop me a PM, we can grab some dinner (aka: chicken, broc****, and water - rofl) :)

On another note, I'm actually from Hamilton, ON. If gas ever drops back down to a SANE price, I usually drive up to visit my family and go right through Detroit/Windsor. Tho it'll be hard to pass by Harveys and not stop for a burger and some poutine....

oh don't even mention the damn harveys poutine mmmmmmmmmmmmm

I see what are schedual is while were there we are going to south bend Indiana when we leave so maybe I will make our way through Raleigh I do the driving so I make the route lol . Oh hell a Ti cats fan. I am a die hard Ottawa fan that is not a good mix lol.

thundergut
05-23-2007, 07:08 PM
Decided to quit being a tired b*tch tonight and worked out. Just did cardio. The usual, elliptical. Was exhausted after, so no bike, no weights. Got to work from 6am - 11pm tomorrow, so I really don't want to overdo it tonight. I think that cardio was just enough to knock me out... *zzz*

thundergut
05-24-2007, 06:56 AM
i like turkey burgers also, they have good macros, but the wife hates em :(

How can someone NOT like turkey burgers? I bet it's all mental. Tell her it's a new kind of beef (kobe or angus or something) and try again. Throw on some garlic salt and spice, and it'll be just fine I bet :P

I hadn't tried them up until now because of a mental block. I'm not a huge fan of turkey even at Thanksgiving, but I eat it because...well...it's that or honey glazed ham, which while very tasty, ain't good for the gut.

I regret now being too picky to try them earlier, but I'm thankful I found a little encouragement to get over my block.

TheKansan
05-24-2007, 07:56 AM
How can someone NOT like turkey burgers? I bet it's all mental. Tell her it's a new kind of beef (kobe or angus or something) and try again. Throw on some garlic salt and spice, and it'll be just fine I bet :P

I hadn't tried them up until now because of a mental block. I'm not a huge fan of turkey even at Thanksgiving, but I eat it because...well...it's that or honey glazed ham, which while very tasty, ain't good for the gut.

I regret now being too picky to try them earlier, but I'm thankful I found a little encouragement to get over my block.

I had that same problem. I just assumed anything that wasn't a beef burger couldn't possibly be good. The one thing that you have to remember is that it isn't beef and it won't taste just like beef, but that doesn't mean it will be bad.

Now I eat almost anything with turkey in it.

thundergut
05-24-2007, 11:02 AM
Ahhh...I'm a failure! Just kidding.

Today is a VERY long day at work. 5:30am - 11:30pm. Blah.

Breakfast was fast oatmeal, I didn't wake up early enough to make my usual eggs and turkey bacon.

Lunch just now was Indian Buffet! Mmmmm.....vegetable mix, tandoori chicken, chicken kabob, biryani chicken, butter chicken, naan....

I needed that lunch. My standard chicken and rice was NOT going to cut it today. I could feel that as lunchtime approached. This way I get to save my chicken and rice for a dinner-type meal between meetings tonight.

*zzzz*

thundergut
05-25-2007, 09:31 PM
The end of a bad week goes out on a good note.

Had to go pick up something at the store at 10pm, so I figured to get changed and hit the gym on the way home. Empty. Perfect!

Tuned the TV's to what I wanted (UFC) and got some good cardio in. Lunch was a big salad w/ chicken breast, and dinner was mexican (bad/cheat).

Aside from that, behaved pretty well today. Even tho Monday is Memorial Day, it's still a weigh-in. Gotta watch out for the BBQ's....

ScottC
05-26-2007, 05:02 AM
Don't sweat the "lapses" at the ff restaurants for the kids. I do it too sometimes. My son's eating can be very light due to the 3 anti-seizure meds he is on, so if he wants something with lots of cals, we let him have it.

I haven't had a turkey burger in a while, but we sometimes buy 10lbs of 93% lean ground beef from Sam's Club when it is on sale.

Well, I plan on doing some grilling for Memorial Day....after my weigh-in, of course. ;) I don't know of any BBQ's happening, so I will have control over what I eat...maybe some chicken (bone on for a change) with my wife's BBQ sauce.

Keep up the good work! It is a long process, so don't be concerned over the little things. They will mean nothing in the big picture later on.

thundergut
05-27-2007, 09:22 PM
Just tossed up some 3 week progress pics. Nothing special, but I see a bit of a change in the side view. Check the bodyspace and comment if you'd like.

I'm a work in progress :)

cawiau
05-27-2007, 11:34 PM
Just tossed up some 3 week progress pics. Nothing special, but I see a bit of a change in the side view. Check the bodyspace and comment if you'd like.

I'm a work in progress :)

Any little changes count.
Good job!!!

thundergut
05-29-2007, 07:39 AM
AM cardio this morning. Taking it a bit slow as this is a pretty big change for me. Up at 5am and hitting the gym.

Just did 30 mins of elliptical this morning, my usual routine.

I can't believe I used to wake up at 4:30am for 2 hours of swim practice Monday thru Friday, and I used to love it. *snore* I don't quite feel tired, but I know that later I'll be hurting for some snooze-time. I'm OK with that however...going to be earlier makes it easier for me to get up earlier for that AM cardio.

1 scoop of whey protein in 8oz water pre-cardio too, just to attempt to get out of that fasted-state everybody is always worried about. Planning to hit some weights tonight if I can find a good full-body routine...

cawiau
05-29-2007, 07:53 AM
[QUOTE=thundergut;46750201]AM cardio this morning. Taking it a bit slow as this is a pretty big change for me. Up at 5am and hitting the gym.

Just did 30 mins of elliptical this morning, my usual routine.

I can't believe I used to wake up at 4:30am for 2 hours of swim practice Monday thru Friday, and I used to love it. *snore* QUOTE]

That is good.
Try to make it a habit.

I am going to try to incorporate swimming in my daily life or regular life.
I am not a heavy swimmer but really want to get the hand of it.
Any advice for the novice?

thundergut
05-29-2007, 08:16 AM
swimming advice, hmm...

I'd say get a good set of goggles, a kickboard, and a suit that fits and doesn't chafe when you get to kicking fast. Maybe recruit a more proficient swimmer in your area to watch your stroke and give you some feedback. Overall, just have fun. :)

One of my most hated swim sets was a kicking set. Hopefully the pool will have a big clock on the deck somewhere for timing yourself. After a nice warmup of slow laps, grab a kickboard and get ready for some HIIT :)

When the clock hits 0/60, push off and kick to the other end of the lane as fast as possible. Give yourself 30-60 seconds to recover, and then do it again. Do that between 5-10 times. Alternately, you can just to one length sprint, one length recovery.

You can do that type of set for just about anything. Pull set, freestyle set, etc...

As for other sets, I've got a LOT of them stored away in my brain. The biggest thing for a beginner is to find someone reputable, like a masters swim team, to watch you and correct your stroke if needed. An inefficient stroke is a killer in the pool. You'll be putting in a lot of perceived effort and not getting much out of it. Get the technique mastered, and then work on speed and distance.

I think my local YMCA pool is opening soon, and I've been waiting on that so I can get in the water again. Very anxious to do that :)

cawiau
05-29-2007, 08:18 AM
Thanks for all the good advice. Really appreciate.

thundergut
05-29-2007, 09:17 AM
No problem, but sorry I couldn't give better. I'm pretty rusty and I only swam competitively for 4 years. I did a lot in those 4 years, yes, but still only 4 years. Long story.

Just focusing on the stroke technique is #1...wish I had some great insight or wisdom on the topic, but all I ever learned is that technique is #1.

I feel like I should have something better to say, hah

cawiau
05-29-2007, 09:23 AM
No problem, but sorry I couldn't give better. I'm pretty rusty and I only swam competitively for 4 years. I did a lot in those 4 years, yes, but still only 4 years. Long story.

Just focusing on the stroke technique is #1...wish I had some great insight or wisdom on the topic, but all I ever learned is that technique is #1.

I feel like I should have something better to say, hah

You did good.
I always loved swimming but I want to get better.
I mean to the point I can swim in a competition if I wanted too.
Also would want to make it part of my regular lifestyle, like 1 hour swimming 3 times per week

thundergut
05-30-2007, 06:16 AM
*roar*

Day #2 of early morning cardio. Kinda rough getting up, but it'll only be...what...another few months until it becomes habit? hehe

I FINALLY found a swimming store after hours of searching yesterday. I have a certain type of goggle I like from when I used to swim and nobody seemed to carry it locally. I kept getting people mentioning this other swim store, but I couldn't find any info on it and they didn't know anything aside from the name and the general location. Finally found it, and I'm going by there after work to pick up some goggles.

Thursday AM is my early morning at work for the server maintenance, so AM cardio is a no-go there. I'll probably stick it in the PM or count it as my off day for the week. Not sure. Hopefully I'll go get my YMCA membership and start AM swimming. I'm REALLY looking forward to that....

cawiau
05-30-2007, 07:06 AM
Good keep up the cardio, you won't regret it.

thundergut
05-31-2007, 01:45 PM
So far for the day I'm at:

1908 cals
67g fat (34%)
150g carb (29%)
166g protein (37%)

If I have salmon and broc**** for dinner, a post-workout protein shake (2 scoops) and 1c of cottage cheese before bed, I'll be at...

2624cals
86g fat (31%)
176g carb (24%)
281g protein (45%)

That's pretty good I think...any feedback on those #'s?

They will probably change soon as I'm checking out quinoa today to replace my regular carbs, may eliminate the need for an afternoon protein shake... but we'll see! :)

thundergut
06-01-2007, 11:58 AM
Do me a fav and check out http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=2999011

Give me some good feedback guys, I need it :)

heathershubby
06-01-2007, 12:30 PM
this getting up in the morning sux.It's not bad when you get out the door but till then aaargggggggg

It will be worth it though stick with it bro.

thundergut
06-01-2007, 12:41 PM
Man, I'll tell ya...my alarm went off at 4:45am, and I got up...and then I seriously had to psyche myself into getting out the door. I woke up, brushed my teeth, got dressed, sat down on my bed again and had a "crisis of faith."

The moment where your body says "C'mon man, you could get an extra 1.5hrs of sleep if you just go back to bed right now."

I even reset my alarm clock for later in the morning before my ego jumped up, punched me square in the nose, and stole my wallet. I actually said to myself, out loud, "Don't be a bitch, you're up already, just do it." It took a few repetitions, but I eventually made it out the door and felt great after the workout.

I'm gettin there :)

cawiau
06-01-2007, 12:44 PM
Man, I'll tell ya...my alarm went off at 4:45am, and I got up...and then I seriously had to psyche myself into getting out the door. I woke up, brushed my teeth, got dressed, sat down on my bed again and had a "crisis of faith."

The moment where your body says "C'mon man, you could get an extra 1.5hrs of sleep if you just go back to bed right now."

I even reset my alarm clock for later in the morning before my ego jumped up, punched me square in the nose, and stole my wallet. I actually said to myself, out loud, "Don't be a bitch, you're up already, just do it." It took a few repetitions, but I eventually made it out the door and felt great after the workout.

I'm gettin there :)

That is the spirit :D

thundergut
06-02-2007, 02:52 PM
Joined the YMCA today. Pool is awesome. Bought new suits today after joining. Really pumped about this. I believe I'll do some lazy laps tomorrow just to see if (and what) I still got it... :P

I got $5 says I flounder in the water like a newborn for the first few weeks...no coordination haha

thundergut
06-03-2007, 08:48 PM
I swam laps today for the first time in about 7 years. I still have my stroke, and my technique...I can feel that much. However I also now feel the muscles in my back that swimming was always good for, and they hurt. Also, it's going to take me some time to get my breathing back to the way it used to be...only being able to swim a 50 at a time is crap, but I'll get there sooner or later.

It felt good tho...really good.

Quickxi
06-03-2007, 08:50 PM
good job with the swimming! You are gonna be a sore puppy in the morning!

thundergut
06-04-2007, 04:22 AM
Monday weigh in: 277.8

Down about 2lbs since last Monday, that makes me happy. I'm interested to see how the YMCA is going to affect my weight loss. Hopefully today I'll be able to get my fitness test and body fat composition done there, and then hit the cardio room and the pool afterwards.

I like what I see so far :)

Hopefully Saturday will become a yoga day, something I've always wanted to try.

ScottC
06-04-2007, 05:35 AM
Monday weigh in: 277.8

Down about 2lbs since last Monday, that makes me happy.

I like what I see so far :)

Hopefully Saturday will become a yoga day, something I've always wanted to try.
Keep up the great work! :)

Let me know about the yoga thing. After we move I think I will find a class. I could use the stress relief...

...and the flexibilty. :o

logik9
06-04-2007, 08:39 AM
Keep up the good work. Iam just getting into this whole weigt loss thing. I have been reading through this site the last few days to try and get my self motivated, and I see you have been doing really well with it. Iam going down this week to join the gym and have already started to watch what I eat. Good Luck.. Iam going to start my own journal next week once I get everything in order..

Quickxi
06-04-2007, 09:57 AM
nice job with the weight loss; another 2 pounds in the bag.

cawiau
06-04-2007, 01:40 PM
Damn!!!!

While you lost 2 lbs, I gain 2.
No worry though. I am happy for you :D

Keep up the good work bro.

thundergut
06-05-2007, 07:34 AM
30 mins cardio and 45 mins swimming laps last night...woo! Went in at 6:30am today and got my "workout" training so that I can use the weight room. I'm 28 yrs old for chrissakes...

thundergut
06-06-2007, 06:28 AM
Did my full weights circuit yesterday along with 20 mins of cybex cardio and 20 mins of lap swimming. I hurt just a leetle...

I fly up to Canada this weekend on Saturday to see my family and for my little sisters college graduation. I hope that my 20+lb loss since Christmas is noticeable :)

cawiau
06-06-2007, 11:48 AM
Good Job with the workout and enjoy Canada.
I am going there in July!

thundergut
06-06-2007, 12:29 PM
I was just on my way home from one of our offices on a tech call and stopped at a Starbucks. One venti orange mocha frap later, I feel good :)

Yeah, not the best decision on my part, but I have a few excuses.

1) I was fading fast and needed a bit of caffeine.
2) I was feeling a bit "low" in the blood sugar arena, so I needed something sweet.
3) I meant "grande" but spat out "venti". Damn if I know why they use those terms for Small/Medium/Large, but they piss me off sometimes.

I plan to go by McDonalds and Wendy's one day, just out of spite, and order a "#1 with a venti coke" and see what they say. Not really, but it's a fun thought.

cawiau
06-06-2007, 12:38 PM
Excuses!!!Excuses!!! Excuses!!! :p

Anyway, it wasn't that bad bro, just make sure you get back on track! :D

heathershubby
06-06-2007, 01:45 PM
and that would crack me up I am so going to ask for a venti diet next time lmao.

I am going to U.S. this weekend so my wife can renew her licence.

keep the diet as clean as possible when your here bro no damn poutine.

thundergut
06-06-2007, 02:04 PM
You bet your ass I'll be having some poutine and a harveys burger. Maybe even twice. I'll be cheating for most of the time that I'm up there as it'll be mom's home cooking or food I only get once every few years. I'll pay the piper when I get home tho, so it's all good :)

*edit* I'm going to Swiss Chalet too, and I'll be guzzling about a gallon of their chicken dipping sauce with buttered rolls. zomg...

thundergut
06-07-2007, 05:57 AM
Got a fitness consultation last night including measurements and caliper/impedance measurements. Will post those up on my bodyspace and in here and/or in the contest thread in a bit.

However, today started off with a bang...a bad bang.

I hit snooze one too many times and woke up at 6:30am. Today is a maintenance morning, so I should have been at work at 5:45am. Bad deal.

Good news is, I was up, brushed my teeth, fully dressed and out the door in under 4 minutes. I love being a guy.

Got to work at 6:40am...a little late to do the only vital reboot, but I did it anyways 10 mins late. Hopefully the axiom "better to ask forgiveness than ask permission" holds true, so far so good. Guess nobody was active at that moment. Yay!

However, being out that quick means that I didn't have time for breakfast or to prep my lunch, so...today is a cheat day! Probably a good thing, since I really could use a cheat day. I had planned to hold off due to my trip to Canada for the family, but I'm not going to have a 4000 calorie cheat or anything completely abnormal on my trip, so I'll be just fine.

Seriously, the worst thing my mom makes is a taco shell dish with meat, sauce, cheese and pasta. No worse than spaghetti.

Breakfast this morning was a delicious english muffin, sausage, 1 egg, and a slice of cheese...yes...I had a Sausage McMuffin. My first stop at McDonalds in several months...and it was good. Not good enough to make me want more, mind you...but it was good. The sick feeling that I'm experiencing right now is making me rethink it's worth, but I didn't have much choice. McMuffin or extend my fasting until noon. I think not...lesser of two evils IMO.

Lunch will be a cheat as well...at least somewhat. I may go hit a chinese place and get some garlic chicken, steamed broc**** and brown rice. Or I may go get a black&bleu salad from somewhere. We'll see!

thundergut
06-27-2007, 06:10 AM
haven't posted in my own journal in 20 days. down to 277-ish as of the 25th, worked out yesterday after slacking on monday and planning to go again today.

trying to find out when a beginner yoga class will be offered in the evenings at the local ymca so I can actually go...some of us actually work from 1-2pm on a week day...imagine that! :P