PDA

View Full Version : Who Gives A ****?

t0n3z
04-28-2004, 05:59 AM
About religion. Do you belive that there is a god or some supreme being?

braindmg
04-28-2004, 06:05 AM
yes i believe. :)

Jcfreak_02
04-28-2004, 08:33 AM
I know it may come to a surprise to some of you but, I do believe.

BTW I give my life because Christ gave his.

lionheart21
04-28-2004, 08:51 AM
Of course I beleive in God. For those of you who don't, answer me this: how were we created?

CerealKiller
04-28-2004, 08:51 AM
Honestly I have no clue.

But I most certainly don't believe in the god described in the bible.

CITADEL
04-28-2004, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by vegetafan17
Of course I beleive in God. For those of you who don't, answer me this: how were we created?

*gasp* you mean no one has discussed that in this section yet?

CerealKiller
04-28-2004, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by CITADEL
*gasp* you mean no one has discussed that in this section yet?

LOL :D

I think he needs to watch Kindergarten Cop again where the little kid explains it.

Coliones
04-28-2004, 09:14 AM

Welp you asked for it. The man has a penis and the woman has a vagina. Through doing the wild thang an egg is fertilized. This egg then develops into a fetus followed by being hatched out as a little human. The little human learns and grows turning into another DNA deficient, crime ridden, selfish spawn child and reproduces as its parents had leading to ... more hell spawn.

As for answering the question if there was/is a god he sure as hell ain't interested in us. He's probably off wanking creating more critters on another planet to screw over. :D ... so no I at least don't believe in a supreme being who created everything and is all-knowing and ever lasting.

Jcfreak_02
04-28-2004, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by CITADEL
*gasp* you mean no one has discussed that in this section yet? he just hasn't seen it I think, I am almost certain we covered that.

zackmurphy
04-28-2004, 10:33 AM
I'm glad people have faith. I don't, but it's nice that people do. Gives the world a nice balance.

That said, there's nothing in the world more dangerous, particularly in the middle east, than a thorough belief in the afterlife.

STL_Lift
04-28-2004, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by zackmurphy
I'm glad people have faith. I don't, but it's nice that people do. Gives the world a nice balance.

That said, there's nothing in the world more dangerous, particularly in the middle east, than a thorough belief in the afterlife.

Not having faith is like laying on the bench, about to push 280lbs without a spotter. -Its nice to have someone there to help you if you need it......

That said..... I'll think i'll hit the Gym.....

zackmurphy
04-28-2004, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by STL_Lift
Not having faith is like laying on the bench, about to push 280lbs without a spotter. -Its nice to have someone there to help you if you need it......
That's funny, because it's a perfect analogy.

Not having faith in God (a helper) IS like lifting without a spotter.
Working without a spotter is simply having faith in myself, requiring me (and only me) to deal with my choices. I get credit and I get the blame.

Originally posted by STL_Lift
That said..... I'll think i'll hit the Gym.....
Always a good plan. :)

blaker00
04-28-2004, 04:01 PM

this is a circular argument. Who made GOD? By the way I answered, Honestly, I have no clue.

BIONIC MAN
04-28-2004, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by t0n3z
About religion. Do you belive that there is a god or some supreme being? I believe theres a god,holy spirit,jesus,arch angels,fallen angels lucifer demons and many others . the angels are called watchers they detail and record every act,deed and words you speak for judgement day LOL.

Heavily Armed
04-28-2004, 09:03 PM
You can either give a **** now, or **** yourself at judgement.

Jcfreak_02
04-28-2004, 11:45 PM
Not the best way it could be said... ^^

hulkman
04-28-2004, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by CerealKiller
Honestly I have no clue.

But I most certainly don't believe in the god described in the bible.

have you read the bible or have you just heard those stupid hipocrits ramble about nothing, thats why i dont go to church

hulkman
04-28-2004, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by blaker00
this is a circular argument. Who made GOD? By the way I answered, Honestly, I have no clue.

gods not really a fissical being the clossest example i can give you is electricity, not saying hes electricity its just a close example

blaker00
04-29-2004, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by a. americanus
Why would anyone or anything have to make God? Maybe he has always been?

well if no one had to make god, then why are you sure that someone had to make us?

There are so many arguments against western religion such as (christianity, judaism, Islam) I'd rather not get into them cause I don't like to persuade someone's belief.

Heywood_Jablome
04-29-2004, 01:09 AM
Originally posted by CerealKiller
LOL :D

I think he needs to watch Kindergarten Cop again where the little kid explains it.

What, boys have penises and girls have vaginas? :D

CerealKiller
04-29-2004, 03:18 AM
Originally posted by hulkman
have you read the bible or have you just heard those stupid hipocrits ramble about nothing, thats why i dont go to church

I've read the bible fully twice. And I've read it almost every day for the last 20 years. I've also read what the skeptics have had to say on the subject and they make more sense to me.

CerealKiller
04-29-2004, 03:20 AM
Originally posted by Heywood_Jablome
What, boys have penises and girls have vaginas? :D

That's the one Doctor_Evil :D

t0n3z
04-29-2004, 03:34 AM

Cum & A Pussy

chiba102
04-29-2004, 04:19 AM
http://www.welovearnold.com/images/fonz.jpg

Quintis Vindex
04-29-2004, 06:36 AM
I am not sure how this ties into this thread. But one question thats always bothered me.

Its claimed (and scientifically verified) that the Universe is indeed expanding from a central point of origin. Like a 3 dimensional version of a stone hitting a pond.

Thats all fine and good but,

What the hell is the Universe expanding into??

I suppose its more a scientific question than a theological one, but its interesting non the less.

hulkman
01-10-2010, 11:27 PM
gods not really a fissical being the clossest example i can give you is electricity, not saying hes electricity its just a close example

lol gods not real, I was retarded

Blindead
01-10-2010, 11:35 PM
yeah, bumping this thread was pretty retarded too...

byebyebye
01-10-2010, 11:40 PM
if there was actually a god, he would of had to create the universe 1st and then the galaxies etc through the course of billions of years, so why would he care about 1 small planet? im quite sure that there is life out there in some other planet in this universe

jackal337
01-10-2010, 11:43 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creation_myth

Read that entire article and then explain why I should pick your myth over any other.

Grinners
01-11-2010, 04:12 AM
Having faith in god isnt like having a spotter.

Its like pretending you have a spotter, without propper evidence, and keeping your eyes shut.

There may, or may not be a spotter behind you, but it doesn;t make sense to assume so.
Makes more sense to keep your eyes open.

Large_Emu
01-11-2010, 04:41 AM
Wow, looks like this section used to be dominated by faith heads. Nice one athiests for driving them out.

hulkman
01-11-2010, 10:12 AM
I dont like the options that are given to vote on. I don't believe in god. Since God is imaginary, that would mean that he is made of nothing, and since people believe in him, that would mean that they believe in nothing. I believe in reality. Reality is everything. Therefore, I believe in everything. Not nothing.

Queequeg
01-11-2010, 10:45 AM
I voted for the supreme force option only because of the term "force" was ambigious enough to cover my Taoist beliefs whilst not implying a higher power.

hulkman
01-11-2010, 01:08 PM
I voted for the supreme force option only because of the term "force" was ambigious enough to cover my Taoist beliefs whilst not implying a higher power.

I dont even know what the term "supreme force" is implying. It sounds to me like the god that I had believed existed, except I thought the "supreme force" was intelligent. I believe in what is. I believe there are aspects of the universe that I will never understand simply because I will not live long enough. The creator of this thread was obviously a person that did not understand that there is so much more then those petty superstitions. I had voted when I first posted. But now that my views have changed, I realize that the choices suck.

manofhorror555
01-11-2010, 02:20 PM
I know it may come to a surprise to some of you but, I do believe.

BTW I give my life because Christ gave his.

how do you know christ even gave his life? let alone for mankind?
explain.

Queequeg
01-11-2010, 03:18 PM
I dont even know what the term "supreme force" is implying. It sounds to me like the god that I had believed existed, except I thought the "supreme force" was intelligent. I believe in what is. I believe there are aspects of the universe that I will never understand simply because I will not live long enough. The creator of this thread was obviously a person that did not understand that there is so much more then those petty superstitions. I had voted when I first posted. But now that my views have changed, I realize that the choices suck.

"Force" to me means something non sentient and not possessing entity. As for understanding the universe there may come a point where we can understand all that is within our universe and perhaps beyond but I will suspect there will come a point where our knowledge will hit a limit. An analogy could be somebody confined all there life to a box, based on all the empirical data inside the box there is only a limited amount of speculation that can be made from events prior or outside the box.