PDA

View Full Version : Heathershubby is at it again weight loss journal

Pages : [1] 2

heathershubby
05-08-2007, 09:45 AM
Ok I don't really spend much time out here anymore but I mad a lot of friends out here who don't go to the weight loss forum I am now a member of or have myspaces but still want to know what I am doing so here goes.

I have designed a plan that will address the weight loss and poor health and diet issues I fight on a daily bases. It is not designed to be a be all / end all but so far it is working for me.

I have been doing it for 4 weeks and am happy with a loss of 6 lbs total. I know what many of your responses will be. "At your size you should be losing much more". I know I could lose more then an average of 1.5 lbs a week but I don't need to or want to.

I will post the first 3 stages of the program I have done or am doing. I finished 1 and 2 and started 3 yesterday.

OK here is the first 3 levels of my program

Level 1 (white belt)

Drink 500 ml of water a day
Have 1 serving of veg a day and 1 serv of fruit
Walk 3000 steps a day
Do 2 sets of 1 exercise monday to friday
Take a multi vitamin everyday
Eat Breakfast within 1 hour of waking
Set goals for 1,3 and 6 months as well as 1,2 and 5 years

Level 2 (yellow belt)

Drink 1L of water a day
Have 2 servings of veg and 1 serv of fruit
Walk 4000 steps a day
Do 3 sets of 1 exercise Mon to Fri
Take a multi vitamin and omega 3 supp
Eat a snack 3 hours after breakfast
Name one thing you can't do that you will do when you lose the weight

Level 3 (orange belt)

Drink 1.5L of water a day
Have 2 servings of veg and fruit a day.
Same as yellow + eat lunch (3hours*) after your first snack @ day.
Multi vitamin, omega 3 and 1 cup green tea a day
Walk 5000 steps a day
Same as yellow + 2 sets of 6 to 10 reps of a second exercise mon to fri
Write down what you have acomplished both in weight loss over the last month and in additions that have made you a healthier person.

I did level 1 for 2 weeks and then I did level 2 for 2 weeks now I am onto level 3 for 2weeks.

Rugger7
05-08-2007, 10:32 AM
looks awesome John, best of luck to you on your plan! Nothing is wrong with taking the weight loss slow, it's the best way to go about it according to most physicians.

I would say, however much water you'd be drinking at a few levels past orange should be an immediate goal. it's the best and most affordable supplement on the market! both for weight loss and overall health.

ScottC
05-08-2007, 11:08 AM
Thanks for the update John. Glad you have found something you are happy with!

Congrats on the loss so far! :)

P.S.- Hey John, I posted pics in my BodySpace. ;)

cawiau
05-08-2007, 02:08 PM
Hey, Keep up the good work.

How is everything been going for you?

Short One
05-08-2007, 03:24 PM
Well done heathershubby.. I think your programme (if you invented it) is very very clever in name, and realistic. It's something that people can relate to.

The mistake most people make is getting stuck into it too quickly.

heathershubby
05-08-2007, 04:03 PM
looks awesome John, best of luck to you on your plan! Nothing is wrong with taking the weight loss slow, it's the best way to go about it according to most physicians.

I would say, however much water you'd be drinking at a few levels past orange should be an immediate goal. it's the best and most affordable supplement on the market! both for weight loss and overall health.

The lists are the bare minimum for that level. I average about 2L to 4L of water a day. The reason I set the min's is because during the week i would drink a gallon of water take my vitamins and eat healthy but then when the weekend would come it would all go out the window. thanks for the well wishes and I will keep you updated. I had great success with losing it at a much faster weight then this program is targeting but I started to find it having a negative affect on my social and family life.

This seems to be just the right speed for me.

One thing that is not on the list I posted is that I log everything I eat into fitday and for white belt I kept my cals between 4500 and 4000. Then for yellow belt 3500 to 4000 and now with orange it will be 3000 to 3500. I will not lower them again until I start to have at least a 1 or 2 week lag in weight loss.

heathershubby
05-08-2007, 04:12 PM
Thanks for the update John. Glad you have found something you are happy with!

Congrats on the loss so far! :)

P.S.- Hey John, I posted pics in my BodySpace. ;)

Man the pics are awsome great change bro

I actually just kind of put together a couple different things that over the years I found I could do and were effective. I added to that some of the things I learnt from the awsome people out here and thats where the program came from.

keep up the good work bro you are an inspiration.

heathershubby
05-08-2007, 04:13 PM
Hey, Keep up the good work.

How is everything been going for you?

good to see you again things are going well for me how about you. man you have been missed bro

heathershubby
05-08-2007, 04:17 PM
Well done heathershubby.. I think your programme (if you invented it) is very very clever in name, and realistic. It's something that people can relate to.

The mistake most people make is getting stuck into it too quickly.

I just kind of put a bunch of things together that works and was easy to do. Then made it in a format that I thought even the most out of shape person (ie/ me ) could handle and stick to. So far so good. The colour belt thing came because I was trying to think of a cool way to make many different levels and still have it be alright and not confusing.

-Aaron-
05-08-2007, 04:39 PM
I may not like your personality, I do however love your progress.

Keep up the good work.

heathershubby
05-08-2007, 08:43 PM

Keep up the good work.

OK works for me there is a lot of people I don't like too its really cool you commented anyway thanks.

Quickxi
05-08-2007, 08:50 PM
I checked out your program through your myspace. It looks pretty good. I enjoy reading your threads and am glad you made another one. Congrats on your success and continue!

heathershubby
05-08-2007, 10:09 PM
I checked out your program through your myspace. It looks pretty good. I enjoy reading your threads and am glad you made another one. Congrats on your success and continue!

and the feeling is very mutual I enjoy reading the things you write out here as well. Thanks for checking out the site if all goes well and it works to the end I hope to get a real site one day. I spent a while putting together somthing that I really thought would make me both healthier and thiner and at the same time I would be able to stick with it for the rest of my life.

Take care and I will be logging in here daily I hope to see you around.

The Director
05-08-2007, 11:11 PM
I like your personality, have been reading your stuff for awhile now, even stumbling over some stuff in the religion/politics forum, and you're awesome.

Do it, I know you can do it, update us once everywhile, were all at the same thing.

Reps.

-Aaron-
05-08-2007, 11:15 PM
I like your personality, have been reading your stuff for awhile now, even stumbling over some stuff in the religion/politics forum, and you're awesome.

Do it, I know you can do it, update us once everywhile, were all at the same thing.

Reps.

Somehow I think that was a shot at me. :mad:

The Director
05-09-2007, 01:03 AM
Somehow I think that was a shot at me. :mad:

At you? no way, why would I wanna do that? you give nothing but good info around =)

heathershubby
05-09-2007, 09:13 AM

Reps.

thanks for the kind words. I have to do it I am going to try to keep this thing fairly updated. The religion/politics forum is fun but it sucks the joy out of me some days lol

Thanks again

heathershubby
05-09-2007, 09:16 AM

Keep up the good work.

I think we got off on the wrong foot. I didn't like a comment you made telling others not to help someone and I am sure that there are a bunch I have made that you didn't like. I thought you were dismissing someone who was honesty asking for help and that bothered me. You felt like the guy really didn't want help and I can understand that. Lets just get over it, it was one post one thread and I have not seen that guy post since then so you were probley right about him doing whatever he wanted. I negged you, you negged me lets move on it's over cool?

cawiau
05-09-2007, 09:20 AM
Hey bro, good to see you still at it and losing the weight.
Keep up the good work

-Aaron-
05-09-2007, 09:42 AM
I think we got off on the wrong foot. I didn't like a comment you made telling others not to help someone and I am sure that there are a bunch I have made that you didn't like. I thought you were dismissing someone who was honesty asking for help and that bothered me. You felt like the guy really didn't want help and I can understand that. Lets just get over it, it was one post one thread and I have not seen that guy post since then so you were probley right about him doing whatever he wanted. I negged you, you negged me lets move on it's over cool?

I agree, but we never negged each other. :)

I know because I was waiting for your 1000+ rep power to own me, but it never came. :D

I agree, good luck with the fat loss. I'm actually checking this thread daily now, for a bit of inspiration. This, justdragit, ScottC, and BoyscouT are my inspirations. Keep fighting the good fight!

heathershubby
05-09-2007, 09:50 AM
I agree, but we never negged each other. :)

I know because I was waiting for your 1000+ rep power to own me, but it never came. :D

I agree, good luck with the fat loss. I'm actually checking this thread daily now, for a bit of inspiration. This, justdragit, ScottC, and BoyscouT are my inspirations. Keep fighting the good fight!

lol I meant with words you had a point I would not neg you for disagreeing with me lol

I would use up my negs in the first 10 seconds out here lol cool after our back and forth I read some of your other comments and there were a lot of good ones. I just think you are a little less patient then me but my patience comes from being that dumb ass that tried every gimmick to lose weight and 25 yrs later realized it was going to take exercise and eating right who knew?

lol take care bro

oh yeah and since I didn't neg ya lol that means I can rep ya

repped

-Aaron-
05-09-2007, 09:59 AM
lol I meant with words you had a point I would not neg you for disagreeing with me lol

I would use up my negs in the first 10 seconds out here lol cool after our back and forth I read some of your other comments and there were a lot of good ones. I just think you are a little less patient then me but my patience comes from being that dumb ass that tried every gimmick to lose weight and 25 yrs later realized it was going to take exercise and eating right who knew?

lol take care bro

oh yeah and since I didn't neg ya lol that means I can rep ya

repped

Allow me to return to the favor in this great thread. :D

By the way, forgive me for being bitter, but if you get a chance, take a look at the "weed" thread. Commi should be banned! Sorry, this kid makes me hold a grudge on him. :(

heathershubby
05-10-2007, 09:42 AM
ok I am going to stay out of the weight room for one month I have totally stalled out in there and have been really looking at some body weight training type things so for one month I am going to take a break and do a full body/ body weight program that looks somthing like this.

Squats 10 10 10

Frog squats 10 10 10

Push ups 10 10 10
(knee) I cant do even 1 reg

Sit ups 10 10 10

Leg Lifts 10 10 10

Foot lift and holds 3 3 3

Walking lunges 10/10 10/10 10/10

Rotating toe touches 10 10 10

jumping jacks 10 10 10

Step up as many as possible in 1 min

I will do them in order from top to jumping jacks then back up 3 times finishing with the step ups.

I did it one time through last night and I was dead tired. I will do as much as I can to start off with and I hope by the end of the month I will be able to do the full workout. I have been reading alot about body weight movement/ core training and how it may be a better alternative for people who are over weight. It burns a lot more cals and even though it is more of a challenge it increases both your cardio vascular strength and muscle strength.

I am also looking into somthing called hindu squats I have not found enough info on them to try them if anyone can help me with that it would be great. I would like to try them as I have read they are the epitomy of bodyweight exercises and even the most fit person can only do so many.

Oh yeah for an update I weighed in at 448 lbs today. I have ajusted my goal for this year to be 52 lbs from the day I started eating better and exercising at all and that was Aug 1st 2006. I weighed in at 488 lbs at my heaviest so I am shotting for 438 lbs thats an additional 10 lbs I need to lose by aug 1st. I dont think it should be a problem. If I hit it sooner I will reajust my goal from there.

Alright all have a good day

cawiau
05-10-2007, 09:49 AM
Squats 10 10 10

Frog squats 10 10 10

Push ups 10 10 10
(knee) I cant do even 1 reg

Sit ups 10 10 10

Leg Lifts 10 10 10

Foot lift and holds 3 3 3

Walking lunges 10/10 10/10 10/10

Rotating toe touches 10 10 10

jumping jacks 10 10 10

Step up as many as possible in 1 min

I will do them in order from top to jumping jacks then back up 3 times finishing with the step ups.

I did it one time through last night and I was dead tired. I will do as much as I can to start off with and I hope by the end of the month I will be able to do the full workout.

Good Luck with the new workout plan. Should work out.

So what date to achieve your goal again?

heathershubby
05-10-2007, 10:03 AM
Good Luck with the new workout plan. Should work out.

So what date to achieve your goal again?

So I have like 2 and 1/2 months I think I will hit it way sooner but you never know in the weight loss game those damn platues.

Quickxi
05-10-2007, 10:07 AM
i think your goal of 438 by August is spot on. That would be a net of 50. Hopefully with your new program you hit that number a little early :)

cawiau
05-10-2007, 10:13 AM
So I have like 2 and 1/2 months I think I will hit it way sooner but you never know in the weight loss game those damn platues.

I am sure you can make it.
I will be along for the ride :D

heathershubby
05-10-2007, 10:15 AM
i think your goal of 438 by August is spot on. That would be a net of 50. Hopefully with your new program you hit that number a little early :)

I am hoping I do to. After a month if I find the new program working I am going to kind of mix and match like Mon,Wed,Fri ( weight lifting) amd tues, thur, and sat bodyweight workouts.

I really would like to hit the 52 lb mark so it would be a pound a week but I set it at 50 lbs cause I knew it was doable without turning my life completly upside down. I figure if I can drop 50 lbs a year in less then 5 years I will hit goal weight :) long term program.

Shivati
05-11-2007, 11:07 AM
goodluck to ya man! we r all rootin for ya!

heathershubby
05-12-2007, 07:24 AM
Ok so I have been at if for 5 weeks and I am really happy with my results so far. I weighed in today at 446.5 lbs and that is 9 lbs in 5 weeks and my weightloss is actually increasing as time is going on. I started slow the first week I actually gained a half a lb. My program is set up to build as to keep the weight loss steady and slow but I am getting way more amazing results than I ever thought I would at this point.

I also have been getting great support here and at a new board I joined its small but full of awsome people its called food for fuel and it works a lot like BB.com but as I said its smaller and everyone kind of posts in all the areas no flamming and stuff but I still love BB.COM and the weight I am losing has me pretty happy today so I hope you all have as good of a weekend as I am having.

God Bless

John

cawiau
05-12-2007, 11:08 AM
Ok so I have been at if for 5 weeks and I am really happy with my results so far. I weighed in today at 446.5 lbs and that is 9 lbs in 5 weeks and my weightloss is actually increasing as time is going on. I started slow the first week I actually gained a half a lb. My program is set up to build as to keep the weight loss steady and slow but I am getting way more amazing results than I ever thought I would at this point.

I also have been getting great support here and at a new board I joined its small but full of awsome people its called food for fuel and it works a lot like BB.com but as I said its smaller and everyone kind of posts in all the areas no flamming and stuff but I still love BB.COM and the weight I am losing has me pretty happy today so I hope you all have as good of a weekend as I am having.

God Bless

John

Congratulations on the weight Loss so far.
You are doing a fine Job!!!
Enjoy your weekend :)

Roxie
05-12-2007, 11:27 AM

God Bless

John

Excellent job so far..congratulations on the fat loss!!

heathershubby
05-12-2007, 12:19 PM
I am really pleased and on track as I said I am aiming for 50 to 52lbs gone by august 1st.

Hey cai how is the V diet going that is some serious commitment man.

DJohnson
05-12-2007, 12:59 PM
Just thought I'd drop in and say that if I were to make bets, you'd be on the top of my list for people who are gonna make it and get lean. Your attitude towards this is spot on.

fates_child03
05-12-2007, 02:41 PM
Glad to see you back HH. Its great to see you and caw back on the boards again.

heathershubby
05-14-2007, 05:57 PM
Thanks to the both of you for the supportful comments. I really needed them today. I had my plans to start the new body weight exercise program and walking an extra mile a day today. Until I woke up yesterday and couldn't get out of bed. I have thrown out my lower back again. It usually will take 4 to 5 days to start going back to normal so I will be starting next week I pray.

Its such a catch 22 with me I know that my back strains (about 6 or 7 times a year) are from all the weight I am carrying around. At the same time the more I walk and exercise the more I seem to strain my back. I assume its from the extra stress in the area. I just hope at some point I start getting less starins instead of more.

Now I will be down and out for a week. I will cut my cals by 200 to 300 a day to make up for some of the lost activity and maybe I can still lose a lb this week or at least not gain any weight.

Well from my best week to this who says GOd does not have a sense of humour. It is hard to come out here when stuff like this happens and talk about it cause it seems like I am commplaining about somthing that is my fault and I don't want it to seem that way at all I know I brought this on by years of abuse and neglect but that does not make it less frustrating when you have a real good weight loss week like I had and you are ready to go to the next level and it gets crushed by a bad back.

TheKansan
05-14-2007, 07:01 PM
Thanks to the both of you for the supportful comments. I really needed them today. I had my plans to start the new body weight exercise program and walking an extra mile a day today. Until I woke up yesterday and couldn't get out of bed. I have thrown out my lower back again. It usually will take 4 to 5 days to start going back to normal so I will be starting next week I pray.

Its such a catch 22 with me I know that my back strains (about 6 or 7 times a year) are from all the weight I am carrying around. At the same time the more I walk and exercise the more I seem to strain my back. I assume its from the extra stress in the area. I just hope at some point I start getting less starins instead of more.

Now I will be down and out for a week. I will cut my cals by 200 to 300 a day to make up for some of the lost activity and maybe I can still lose a lb this week or at least not gain any weight.

Well from my best week to this who says GOd does not have a sense of humour. It is hard to come out here when stuff like this happens and talk about it cause it seems like I am commplaining about somthing that is my fault and I don't want it to seem that way at all I know I brought this on by years of abuse and neglect but that does not make it less frustrating when you have a real good weight loss week like I had and you are ready to go to the next level and it gets crushed by a bad back.

I'm sorry to hear that you hurt your back. I faced the same issues you face, the more I walked, and the more I lifted, the more pain I felt in my back. Just keep in mind that after you get better, the more you exercise, the stronger the muscles in your back will become and one day you will look up and realize that the pain is either greatly diminished, or completely gone.

I admire your dedication. You have the one thing that I don't have in this journey. Patience. Good luck.

heathershubby
05-14-2007, 07:40 PM
I'm sorry to hear that you hurt your back. I faced the same issues you face, the more I walked, and the more I lifted, the more pain I felt in my back. Just keep in mind that after you get better, the more you exercise, the stronger the muscles in your back will become and one day you will look up and realize that the pain is either greatly diminished, or completely gone.

I admire your dedication. You have the one thing that I don't have in this journey. Patience. Good luck.

some days I have patience others I just want to fricken scream lol.

I keep praying for the day when I wake up in the morning and at the end of the day think wow nothing hurt today not me knees or my back or my shoulders. Its amazing that as I kept getting bigger to the point where I am in constant pain I never realized how much I needed to stop and take care of myself until I literally could not walk anymore.

some days like today I wonder if I waited to long and I have already hurt my body so much it will never recover? The thing is I will never know unless I keep going so thats what I am going to try and do :)

Keep up the good work TheKansan

Quickxi
05-14-2007, 09:33 PM
man that's bad news about the back, but at least you've experienced this before and its only a temp situation. Keep hanging in there!

cawiau
05-14-2007, 09:42 PM
I am so sorry to hear about your back bro.
Hope it gets back to normal soon.

Take care bro!

TheKansan
05-15-2007, 06:57 AM
some days I have patience others I just want to fricken scream lol.

I keep praying for the day when I wake up in the morning and at the end of the day think wow nothing hurt today not me knees or my back or my shoulders. Its amazing that as I kept getting bigger to the point where I am in constant pain I never realized how much I needed to stop and take care of myself until I literally could not walk anymore.

some days like today I wonder if I waited to long and I have already hurt my body so much it will never recover? The thing is I will never know unless I keep going so thats what I am going to try and do :)

Keep up the good work TheKansan

Personally speaking, I thought my knee was bad and that my back was pretty bad too, but I was more surprised than anyone when I could finally do squats without pain. That came from losing weight alone. Truthfully I still probably have damage, but even though they are weaker, with less weight they can handle it much better. Before long you will see what I mean.

Part of my impatience came from me not wanting to live in that kind of pain any more. Thats why I decided to lose weight as quickly as possible, the added weight was negatively impacting my life and in spite of the downside of losing weight at a faster rate, I felt it was necessary at least until I get too 300 pounds.

thundergut
05-15-2007, 08:20 AM
Ouch bud, 4-5 days. I strained my back a while ago moving stuff, wasn't fun, but it was just a severe muscle spasm. I was out for days, so I can't even imagine being out 4-5 days for throwing it out entirely.

Hope you're feeling better and keep motivated, don't let the drive or desire slack at all man. You're doing great so far, so no reason you can't just pick up once you're back on your feet.

heathershubby
05-15-2007, 05:28 PM
Thank Quik and Cai

Yeah its amazing what you can get use to like they say.

It does suck but I am ok I'm truly starting to get use to it. Its funny though what you said Kansan cause since I through It out I have been thinking crazy things like I should do the v diet or something like that but I won't. I truly believe slow and steady will win this race and thats how I am approching it.

Also I should say throwing it out was probly a bad term it is a severe muscle spasm in my lower left back sounds like the same thing you had thunder. I have it happen sometimes once a month now. the more I exercise the more it happens but I am trying to see my way through till it stops all together.

Oh yeah the good news is I weighed in today at 445.5 lbs down another lb

thundergut
05-15-2007, 08:27 PM
Yeah, and being a big guy is no help with back problems. Especially spasms. We're carrying around so much extra weight in the front, it puts that much extra strain on our backs.

Add onto the fact that we (or at least I) cannot do that really good lower back stretch where you lay on your back and pull your knees into your chest...due to the gut...just makes it harder and harder to stretch it out.

Have you checked on a possible chiro or massage therapy session? I went to a chiro for mine, and it took a few months, but i'm much better now than I was before.

Repping for sheer determination. When I hurt mine, I didn't want to move, much less workout. Got to give credit where credit is deserved.

heathershubby
05-15-2007, 08:35 PM
Yeah, and being a big guy is no help with back problems. Especially spasms. We're carrying around so much extra weight in the front, it puts that much extra strain on our backs.

Add onto the fact that we (or at least I) cannot do that really good lower back stretch where you lay on your back and pull your knees into your chest...due to the gut...just makes it harder and harder to stretch it out.

Have you checked on a possible chiro or massage therapy session? I went to a chiro for mine, and it took a few months, but i'm much better now than I was before.

Repping for sheer determination. When I hurt mine, I didn't want to move, much less workout. Got to give credit where credit is deserved.

THe worst part is working lol I drive a fork truck and it does not have a smooth ride to say the least.

But I have some muscle relaxers and pain pills they go a long way but you still feel those sharp stabbing pains

cawiau
05-15-2007, 10:14 PM
THe worst part is working lol I drive a fork truck and it does not have a smooth ride to say the least.
But I have some muscle relaxers and pain pills they go a long way but you still feel those sharp stabbing pains

Just take it slow buddy!!!
I know what you going thru :(

heathershubby
05-16-2007, 02:23 PM
Actually I am torn right now lol I made some major dietary changes this week one of which was to stop drinking so much diet pop and drink more water. I also have been trying to eat a lot of fiber daily and its working I won't say any more so I don't gross anyone out lol. Yesterday I was down and today I am down another 2.5 lbs I know it was water I was retaining and prob some waist that the fiber freed up but I don't care lol weight is weight as long as I am not starving and burning muscle (which I am not).

This back injury made me make some changes I have been putting off for a while and it really seems to be paying off in the weight loss dept. So what I thought would be one of my worst weeks without being able to do any walking is turning out to be one of my best. I also think I am actually burning more cals because of the bad back. It really takes alot of effort to do my job and walk around at work and today I walked to work and I am soked in sweat all day because it is hard to walk with a bad back. My legs are sore and my upper back from compansating for the lower back so I think those muscles are still getting a workout this week.

So I am down to 443 lbs from 488 lbs Aug 1st my goal is 50 to 52 lbs by Aug 1st this year at the rate I am losing I think I will get there soon and have to reevaluate my goal.

as of today -45lbs

ScottC
05-16-2007, 02:44 PM
Keep up the good work John.

Back issues stink. I have had my share of them. Thankfully, since taking off much of the weight the only time my back has hurt was after I did something stupid, and not just from being heavy. One day, you will get there too. :)

heathershubby
05-16-2007, 05:22 PM
am I the only one who thinks they should have asked or at least said somthing about moving the journals in here? I heard talk but nothing official and from what I heard more poeple didn't want them seperate then did ??

I don't get what the benefit of this is besides less people looking at them.

Roxie
05-16-2007, 05:30 PM
am I the only one who thinks they should have asked or at least said somthing about moving the journals in here? I heard talk but nothing official and from what I heard more poeple didn't want them seperate then did ??

The vote shows the majority wanted this.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=2483401

Plus having a sub forum does not necessarily mean less people will be looking at them :confused:

cornwallus
05-16-2007, 06:35 PM

dude I must say I'm impressed with your weightloss, Bottom line, you didn't need supplements or training, it all boils down to you, and doing something you can keep going at!, 400 is coming!!

TheKansan
05-16-2007, 06:35 PM
I always had trouble finding the journals, especially the newer ones. I'm glad they will be easier to find.

Anyway, keep up the good work.

heathershubby
05-16-2007, 06:56 PM
The vote shows the majority wanted this.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=2483401

Plus having a sub forum does not necessarily mean less people will be looking at them :confused:

ok I never knew there was a vote but I will shutup then lol

I guess if the majority wanted it that is good enough for me.

I have to think that less people will look at them. Thats ok though I am keeping this for me as much as for anyone. The good thing is it makes it easier to post in all the journals even if they have been slow and not writen in for a while.

Thanks for filling me in Roxie I really didn't know there was a vote or I would not have said anything

heathershubby
05-16-2007, 06:58 PM
dude I must say I'm impressed with your weightloss, Bottom line, you didn't need supplements or training, it all boils down to you, and doing something you can keep going at!, 400 is coming!!

Yeah I actually find it a little easier without all the presure of before. I just started to feel like I owed so many people that I was not doing it for me anymore and then I started building my whole life around it and that was no good.

P.S. I am still comming to visit yeah when I can fit in a single seat though bro. :)

heathershubby
05-16-2007, 06:59 PM
I always had trouble finding the journals, especially the newer ones. I'm glad they will be easier to find.

Anyway, keep up the good work.

I said there was good points and bad points to a seperate section I am jsut not sure what I think outweighed what but I guess we will see how it goes now.

ScottC
05-16-2007, 07:02 PM
ok I never knew there was a vote but I will shutup then lol

I guess if the majority wanted it that is good enough for me.

I have to think that less people will look at them. Thats ok though I am keeping this for me as much as for anyone. The good thing is it makes it easier to post in all the journals even if they have been slow and not writen in for a while.

Thanks for filling me in Roxie I really didn't know there was a vote or I would not have said anything
No worries John. I guess if you read the thread, you know I was the yes/no vote. I expressed my questions/concerns and boyscouT answered them. They were similar to yours. All will be well. Look how many new journals started up today alone.

heathershubby
05-16-2007, 07:16 PM
No worries John. I guess if you read the thread, you know I was the yes/no vote. I expressed my questions/concerns and boyscouT answered them. They were similar to yours. All will be well. Look how many new journals started up today alone.

but that poses a new problem for me I am so busy in the journal section I can't get to the lose fat section to learn new things j/k

Damn I am a complainer ain't I lol

Quickxi
05-16-2007, 09:47 PM
but that poses a new problem for me I am so busy in the journal section I can't get to the lose fat section to learn new things j/k

Damn I am a complainer ain't I lol

that made me laugh!

luckykris
05-17-2007, 02:09 PM
Thatta boy, keep rolling. Im now a fan...

heathershubby
05-17-2007, 04:22 PM
weight the same I bought some new running shoes and will start going for my morning 1 mile walks tommorow as long as my back is up to it.

ScottC
05-17-2007, 05:36 PM
weight the same I bought some new running shoes and will start going for my morning 1 mile walks tommorow as long as my back is up to it.
Keep it at a slow pace, picking up speed if all is well.

heathershubby
05-17-2007, 06:12 PM
Keep it at a slow pace, picking up speed if all is well.

I have been slowly building to it using the walk away the pounds videos.

(takes a sec while everyone laughs lol )

but I like them cause as my back and legs get sore I can pause them and the start after a short rest and make sure I am walking a complete mile. The track has benches every 1/8th of a mile so if I have to I can stop and rest. I thinking that actually walking will be harder then the video steps but I am going to try to keep my rests timed to 1 or 2 mins and as few as possible. I hope to be able to walk in a 5K charity walk by this fall.

I use to run on the cross country team in high school at a weight of 280ish I would run 2 miles everyday. My dream to is once again experience that point where you stop being tired and your just a running machine.

TheKansan
05-17-2007, 06:20 PM
I have been slowly building to it using the walk away the pounds videos.

(takes a sec while everyone laughs lol )

but I like them cause as my back and legs get sore I can pause them and the start after a short rest and make sure I am walking a complete mile. The track has benches every 1/8th of a mile so if I have to I can stop and rest. I thinking that actually walking will be harder then the video steps but I am going to try to keep my rests timed to 1 or 2 mins and as few as possible. I hope to be able to walk in a 5K charity walk by this fall.

I use to run on the cross country team in high school at a weight of 280ish I would run 2 miles everyday. My dream to is once again experience that point where you stop being tired and your just a running machine.

I never was a runner, and aside from maybe 10 feet, I haven't even jogged in over 10 years, but I too want to be a running machine one day. Right now jogging stresses my knees more than squatting 160# 3X10.

heathershubby
05-17-2007, 06:57 PM
I never was a runner, and aside from maybe 10 feet, I haven't even jogged in over 10 years, but I too want to be a running machine one day. Right now jogging stresses my knees more than squatting 160# 3X10.

Back in aug I thought when I started I could walk on the treadmill for 30 mins lol

I was 488 lbs with a bad back and arthritis in my knees I lasted a little less then a min and 1/2 and I was in so much pain I swear I almost cried.

Just before christmas I was doing a program that michael elias did for me and I was walking 30 mins on the treadmill.

real walking is still hard on me though I can hold on to the rails on the treadmill but in real life somedays I can walk for about 5 mins somedays 10 mins before I have to rest.

I think we will both get there it will just take time and were both going in the right direction.

phillepe
05-17-2007, 07:00 PM
just keep it up and you'll reach your goals. You sound very detremined already! good job!

Lowdown5
05-17-2007, 10:18 PM
What's going on John? Good to see you are still on track my Brother!!

heathershubby
05-18-2007, 12:07 AM
just keep it up and you'll reach your goals. You sound very detremined already! good job!

thanks I am determined to both lose weight and in so reach my goals but I am also very very determined to have fun doing so. More and more I realize that there are a million ways to burn calories and lose weight I plan on trying as many as I can and stick with the ones I enjoy.

heathershubby
05-18-2007, 12:08 AM
What's going on John? Good to see you are still on track my Brother!!

It really is not the same out here without you. Lets kick some ass together again :)

heathershubby
05-19-2007, 08:26 PM
OK I have spent the last 6 week making small changes that have helped get my diet in check. I have been losing weight steady and am ready to start moving towards the weights and structured cardio.

Here is the base of my diet.

Daily Diet Basic

Breakfast Calories / Fat /Carbs / Pro
1 cup of skim milk 90cals / 0g / 13g / 9g
2 and ? cups of Special K 220cals /0g / 44g / 10g
Total 310cals /0g / 47g /19g

Snack
1.5 cups of skim milk 135cals /0g /19.5g/13.5g
1/2 serv muscle milk 175cals /9g / 6g /16g
1 scoop **** Whey Protein 120cals / 2.5 / 2g / 22.5g
Total 430cals 11.5g/27.5g/52g

Lunch
Chicken Breast 110cals/ 1.5g/ 0g /24g
1/2 cup whole wheat noodles 206cals/ 1g/ 41g/ 8g
125g asparagus 30cals /0g /5g /3g
Totals 346 cals/ 2.5g/46g/35g

PWO
2 cups milk skim 180 cals / 0g / 26g / 18g
1 scoop slim fast 130 cals / 1.9g/ 23g/5.5g
Total 485 cals /11g/ 54g /39.5g

Dinner
Evening snack of cottage cheese and natty Peanut Butter
Totals will equal 3000 to 3200 cals
Less then 30% of cals from fat
At least 185g protien
Dinner will be whatever my wife makes for our family will use the last snack to get proper fat and protein ratios.

I have till now been keeping my fat to less then 30% and protien at at least 185g.

For exercise I have been using a ****meter and tracking how many steps I take I a day.

I will continue to do this I am currently up to 6000 steps a day.

In addition to this I will start to use a dvd called walking away the pounds it is a walk aerobics type walking program that has a 1 mile walk and a 2 mile walk I will be doing the 1 mile walk for now.

I will also be doing a fitness age test they have on the nintendo Wii and playing the sports games 1 hour at a time 3 times a week.

I have absolutly made a plan that will be fun. After the first week I will see how this plan is going and adjust from there.

I will be trying as many different sports and activities as I can. Every time I get a little healthier I will move to the next sport or thing I am able to do.

I will be starting a workouot log in the proper section I will post a link when I create it. I will log about weight loss here and activity there.

This will be the only time I post my weight training here untill I change the program.

Strength Training Program

First 4 Weeks

Day 1 Day 2

Squats Squats

Bench Press Incline Press

Bent Over Rows Military Press

Barbell Curls Lat Pull downs

3 day a week Tue/ Thu /Sat

Day 1 / Day 2 rotation
Tue Thu Sat
Week #1 #1 #2 #1
Week #2 #2 #1 #2
Week #3 #1 #2 #1
Week #4 #2 #1 #2

Each exercise will have 1 or 2 warm up sets and 3 working sets

Other things I will be taking for the next 2 weeks

I take one a day mens everyday
I will take 3 1000mg fish oil caps with breakfast/ lunch and dinner
There may be more I will let you know I have some stuff that was generously given to me and won in the weightloss contest.

ScottC
05-20-2007, 04:12 AM
Great plan John. I use the extra steps thing almost daily. A friend of mine and I went to the grocery store last night. I needed some fruit & salad stuff (before it went off sale) and his wife just had surgery, so it was guys night shopping. lol! Anyways, when I parked out toward the end of the parking lot he just looked at me, didn't say anything, but looked at me. I know he had been doing yard work most of the day...but I wanted the extra steps. ;)

TheKansan
05-20-2007, 07:14 AM
OK I have spent the last 6 week making small changes that have helped get my diet in check. I have been losing weight steady and am ready to start moving towards the weights and structured cardio.

Here is the base of my diet.

Daily Diet Basic

Breakfast Calories / Fat /Carbs / Pro
1 cup of skim milk 90cals / 0g / 13g / 9g
2 and ? cups of Special K 220cals /0g / 44g / 10g
Total 310cals /0g / 47g /19g

Snack
1.5 cups of skim milk 135cals /0g /19.5g/13.5g
1 scoop **** Whey Protein 120cals / 2.5 / 2g / 22.5g
Total 430cals 11.5g/27.5g/52g

Lunch
Chicken Breast 110cals/ 1.5g/ 0g /24g
1/2 cup whole wheat noodles 206cals/ 1g/ 41g/ 8g
125g asparagus 30cals /0g /5g /3g
Totals 346 cals/ 2.5g/46g/35g

PWO
2 cups milk skim 180 cals / 0g / 26g / 18g
1 scoop slim fast 130 cals / 1.9g/ 23g/5.5g
Total 485 cals /11g/ 54g /39.5g

Dinner
Evening snack of cottage cheese and natty Peanut Butter
Totals will equal 3000 to 3200 cals
Less then 30% of cals from fat
At least 185g protien
Dinner will be whatever my wife makes for our family will use the last snack to get proper fat and protein ratios.

I have till now been keeping my fat to less then 30% and protien at at least 185g.

For exercise I have been using a ****meter and tracking how many steps I take I a day.

I will continue to do this I am currently up to 6000 steps a day.

In addition to this I will start to use a dvd called walking away the pounds it is a walk aerobics type walking program that has a 1 mile walk and a 2 mile walk I will be doing the 1 mile walk for now.

I will also be doing a fitness age test they have on the nintendo Wii and playing the sports games 1 hour at a time 3 times a week.

I have absolutly made a plan that will be fun. After the first week I will see how this plan is going and adjust from there.

I will be trying as many different sports and activities as I can. Every time I get a little healthier I will move to the next sport or thing I am able to do.

I will be starting a workouot log in the proper section I will post a link when I create it. I will log about weight loss here and activity there.

This will be the only time I post my weight training here untill I change the program.

Strength Training Program

First 4 Weeks

Day 1 Day 2

Squats Squats

Bench Press Incline Press

Bent Over Rows Military Press

Barbell Curls Lat Pull downs

3 day a week Tue/ Thu /Sat

Day 1 / Day 2 rotation
Tue Thu Sat
Week #1 #1 #2 #1
Week #2 #2 #1 #2
Week #3 #1 #2 #1
Week #4 #2 #1 #2

Each exercise will have 1 or 2 warm up sets and 3 working sets

Other things I will be taking for the next 2 weeks

I take one a day mens everyday
I will take 3 1000mg fish oil caps with breakfast/ lunch and dinner
There may be more I will let you know I have some stuff that was generously given to me and won in the weightloss contest.

Looks good, in fact looks real good.

heathershubby
05-20-2007, 01:20 PM
Great plan John. I use the extra steps thing almost daily. A friend of mine and I went to the grocery store last night. I needed some fruit & salad stuff (before it went off sale) and his wife just had surgery, so it was guys night shopping. lol! Anyways, when I parked out toward the end of the parking lot he just looked at me, didn't say anything, but looked at me. I know he had been doing yard work most of the day...but I wanted the extra steps. ;)

I drop the wife and kids off and park way out there then I go up and down every Isle even though I am not going to get anything in most of them.

Great minds think alike bro

heathershubby
05-20-2007, 01:24 PM
Looks good, in fact looks real good.

Yeah I probably wouldn't have went and bought any of these things but I have them from before. I was really trying to think of how to encorperate the slim fast lol and then it hit my its packed with sugar add some high quality protein to it and use it up as a post work out drink. SO I use the sugar strategically and use it to ram both the protein and vitamins into my blood :)

I hate wasting things.

heathershubby
05-20-2007, 08:30 PM
I have not stopped all day baseball, then youth group and now kids sleeping over for the night it is Wii time lol .

Lowdown5
05-20-2007, 08:40 PM
You are doing great John, seems like the diet is all dialed in!!

Quickxi
05-20-2007, 08:54 PM
You are doing great John, seems like the diet is all dialed in!!

X2 keep it up!

cawiau
05-21-2007, 06:56 AM
I have not stopped all day baseball, then youth group and now kids sleeping over for the night it is Wii time lol .

As long you are burning calories :D

You are doing a great job John, so keep it up!!!!

heathershubby
05-22-2007, 02:56 PM
OK here is the diet and exercise so far.

I weighed in at 444lbs today but I am pretty sure I am holding a couple lbs of water as I usually do over the weekend.

This morning I woke at about 10 am with my daughter.
Did the 1 mile walk away the lbs
then did the fitness age test on Wii Today I was (34 yrs old) which I will be July 21st so I am not to upset about that.
I then planed on playing tennis on the Wii for 1/2 hour it quickly turned intoo an hour. I then walked to work approx 1/2 mile
and I did day #1 of my lifting routine.
I will be hitting the treadmill at lunch for anywhere from 5 mins to 1/2 hour sepending how I feel.

I am still nursing a sore back so I was very carful on my squats today and with all the walking my lower back is a little tender I am just going to pray that it is tired and sore not hurt. I will know in the morning.

So far the diet is looking like this.

10:30 2.5 cups of special K,1 cup skim milk,Can of Diet Pepsi,One day mens, FIsh oil cap,**** special tactics and hyperdrive 3.0 (2 of each)

1:30 1 chicken breast,14 spears of asparagus,1 backed potatoe,2 tsp Becel light,1 Tablespoon Kraft sun dried tomatoe dressing, 3 tbsp mustard

3:45 Purple Wraath during workout

4:30 Post workout 2 cups skim milk, 1 scoop Muscle Milk, 1 scoop slim fast

7:30 1.5 cups skim milk, 1 scoop muscle milk, 1 scoop **** lypo protein

10:30 1 chicken breast, 1 med potatoe, 1.5 cup of green beans

1:30 unsure what my wife is making for dinner yet :)

cawiau
05-22-2007, 03:30 PM
This morning I woke at about 10 am with my daughter.
Did the 1 mile walk away the lbs
then did the fitness age test on Wii Today I was (34 yrs old) which I will be July 21st so I am not to upset about that.
I then planed on playing tennis on the Wii for 1/2 hour it quickly turned intoo an hour. I then walked to work approx 1/2 mile
and I did day #1 of my lifting routine.
I will be hitting the treadmill at lunch for anywhere from 5 mins to 1/2 hour sepending how I feel.

Nice workout ;)

I am still nursing a sore back so I was very carful on my squats today and with all the walking my lower back is a little tender I am just going to pray that it is tired and sore not hurt. I will know in the morning.

Take it easy bro, don't want you to get it worse :)

heathershubby
05-22-2007, 03:51 PM
Nice workout ;)

Take it easy bro, don't want you to get it worse :)

I am I squated

the bar for 10
10lbs + the bar
and 20 + the bar

I have never squated before as I have a bad back and knees but I have been getting back strains left and right anyway so I am of the what do I have to lose mentality right now lol.

I really feel like I work my whole body with just 4 exercises I am happy but I have a feeling I am going to be stiff all over in the morning lol

cawiau
05-22-2007, 04:39 PM
I really feel like I work my whole body with just 4 exercises I am happy but I have a feeling I am going to be stiff all over in the morning lol

Don't you just hate that?
But that is what remind you of the great workout you had the previous day ;)

heathershubby
05-22-2007, 10:41 PM
Calories Eaten Today
grams cals %total
Total: 2727
Fat: 65 585 22%
Sat: 7 61 2%
Poly: 2 18 1%
Mono: 10 91 3%
Carbs: 311 1132 43%
Fiber: 28 0 0%
Protein: 234 937 35%
Alcohol: 0 0 0%

ok it worked I am not exactly going to bed and 2727 cals is a little low but I am not going to force food in me at this point I am full I will add if I eat before bed.

yioti
05-22-2007, 11:46 PM
dude playing the wii has to burn calories ( i hop on my nieces and play wii sports golf, just to pretend im tiger for a couple minutes. Plus I can really drive the ball man lol)

btw your diet looks pretty solid dude but is there any reason your carbs are higher then your protein? i like to keep them @ 1:1 or maybe drop the carbs lower, but if its working don't change it, just giving you a tip of what i would do is all

keep it up bro, your workout looks real good 2

heathershubby
05-23-2007, 12:27 PM
dude playing the wii has to burn calories ( i hop on my nieces and play wii sports golf, just to pretend im tiger for a couple minutes. Plus I can really drive the ball man lol)

btw your diet looks pretty solid dude but is there any reason your carbs are higher then your protein? i like to keep them @ 1:1 or maybe drop the carbs lower, but if its working don't change it, just giving you a tip of what i would do is all

keep it up bro, your workout looks real good 2

Its that way for now because I have to take in at least 3000 cals I am going to keep my protien at approx 225g and as I need to cut my cals later down the road as I lose weight I will be cutting carbs and fat out not protien it will remain the same then I will end up at about 40 40 20 I figure at my matenance cals.

Yeah man today was 45 mins of batting practice killer.

yioti
05-23-2007, 12:55 PM
well is there any reason your only eating 225g's P? seems kinda low man

Quickxi
05-23-2007, 01:55 PM
squats eh? nice addition to your routine, just be careful and make sure the form is perfect.

heathershubby
05-23-2007, 02:05 PM
well is there any reason your only eating 225g's P? seems kinda low man

I want to eat between 3200 and 3500 cals yesterday was first day adding shakes ect and I undershoot my goal but was too full at the end of the day and at my size I would always rather be a little light will cals then over.

My goal weight is 225 lbs and 225g of protien is my minimum grams I will go up to 300 on a good workout day.

My diet is not supper strick at this point I have some rules and thats what I am following until I get a couple hundred lbs off and it gets tougher to lose the weight then I will tighten up my program. I have been losing a couple lbs a week and just started lifting and doing cardio this week so I expect to lose 4 or 5 which is exceptable at my size.

My diet rules (these will stay the same as long as I lose 1 lb a week)

no more then 3500 cals except on sunday (my cheat day)

less then 30% cals from fat

min 225g of protien

Aiming for between 3200 and 3500 cals a day.

this has worked so far and until it stops working I am going to leave it. Try to remember I am over 400lbs so I have a lot of weight to lose and it is going to take years. I got caught up before in hurrying and pushing real hard and it became to much on me and my family so I am easing into this life this time. I work evenings till midnight so the majority of my meals I have at work this makes life easy for me. I leave room to eat a portion of whatever my wife makes for dinner and that keeps her happy as well.

Here is all my food till I go home tonight.

Calories Eaten Today
grams cals %total
Total: 2538 cals
Fat: 63g 571cals 24%
Sat: 15g 136cals 6%
Poly: 4g 38cals 2%
Mono: 16g 144cals 6%
Carbs: 264g 970cals 40%
Fiber: 21g 0 0%
Protein: 222g 886cals 37%
Alcohol: 0 0 0%

I was aiming for 2000 so I had 1500 when I got home but I found out yesterday I don't need that many and I fell about 400 cals light of 3200. So today I worked it out so I would have about 2500 and that would cover me till dinner I go home eat about 1000 cals and I am done.

I know it's hard to grasp but I am really lose with what I eat. I try to eat mostly real food with some exceptions when I workout I take a Pre work oout shake and a post. But days like today its all real food with 1 shake.

Hope that answers some of your questions. Trust me if I stop losing or feel like I am losing muscle I will tighten up the diet till then I am going to keep things relaxed as long as I can.

heathershubby
05-23-2007, 02:07 PM
squats eh? nice addition to your routine, just be careful and make sure the form is perfect.

every once in a while my legs start to quiver lol

I never did squats before so I watched the videos on here over and over and read carfully I think I have the form pretty good. I have to use a little wider the shouldeer length stance with my toes faceing out at 45% though. But I keeping my back nice and strait and getting good squat as my sore ass atests too lol

heathershubby
05-23-2007, 02:12 PM
I woke up did my 1 mile walk aerobic video, then my Wii fitness test which said I was 41 years old today lol. I don't know if it was the sore legs but one of the mini games was batting, now I usually hit 5 or 6 out of 10 homers today the damn pitcher was throwing high side arm and I only got 1 of 10 and I think thats what brought my age up lol. SO that pissed me off and I played the batting contest for 45 mins after that lol. I will walk for 30 mins on the treadmill at lunch today as well.

My back and knees are tight and sore but I think as long as I keep walking every once in a while they will be fine I don't think they are hurt just sore from a good day of activity.

I weighed in today at 442.5 lbs so I am really happy about that. I really want in the 430's by the end of the week but we will see.

ScottC
05-23-2007, 03:13 PM
I know it's hard to grasp but...
You got that right...I am lost! :p :D

As long as you are happy with the results John, that is all that matters. As you come down, and down in weight you can start to tighten things up.

heathershubby
05-23-2007, 04:38 PM
You got that right...I am lost! :p :D

As long as you are happy with the results John, that is all that matters. As you come down, and down in weight you can start to tighten things up.

Yep thats what I figure to its easier to tighten things up one little step at a time for me anyway.

I don't expect i will ever see a 6 pack, but I would be glad to see my feet first, my wee wee next then I will worry about the abs lmao.

I step at a time

ScottC
05-23-2007, 05:33 PM
Yep thats what I figure to its easier to tighten things up one little step at a time for me anyway.

I don't expect i will ever see a 6 pack, but I would be glad to see my feet first, my wee wee next then I will worry about the abs lmao.

I step at a time
Goal setting....that's what it's all about! :D

heathershubby
05-23-2007, 06:40 PM
http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s8/heathershubby_01/DSCF1173.jpg

heathershubby
05-23-2007, 06:41 PM
thats a big picture lmao and no damn jokes about my Dora doll either shes going to the big red rock alright.

P.s. That was yesterday

ScottC
05-23-2007, 06:43 PM
Pssst!!! Hey John....your kids drew on your arms while you were asleep.

heathershubby
05-23-2007, 06:49 PM
Pssst!!! Hey John....your kids drew on your arms while you were asleep.

My 2 year old has washable markers and she colours in my tatts that are unfinished all the time lol

heathershubby
05-23-2007, 06:51 PM
I lost 2 lbs from July 21st my b day to aug 1st :) so my heaviest was 488 lbs

SOit should be Aug 1st at 486 lbs and then 3 from yesterday at 444 lbs so
-44lbs

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s8/heathershubby_01/486.jpg
http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s8/heathershubby_01/DSCF1174.jpg
http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s8/heathershubby_01/DSCF1172.jpg

ScottC
05-23-2007, 06:51 PM
My 2 year old has washable markers and she colours in my tatts that are unfinished all the time lol
I wore a sleeveless shirt this afternoon to my son's school. Oh man...you have have heard the k-1 class. :D

Lager1
05-23-2007, 06:53 PM
I lost 2 lbs from July 21st my b day to aug 1st :) so my heaviest was 488 lbs

SOit should be Aug 1st at 486 lbs and then 3 from yesterday at 444 lbs so
-44lbs

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s8/heathershubby_01/486.jpg

Wow! Your face looks so much thinner!

heathershubby
05-23-2007, 06:56 PM
Wow! Your face looks so much thinner!

Thanks man I am a little less of a fat head now lol j/k

Here are some at 462 lbs and 444 lbs for better comparison I only took 1 pic at 486 lbs so its hard to compare

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s8/heathershubby_01/front_061001.jpg
http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s8/heathershubby_01/side_061001.jpg
http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s8/heathershubby_01/back_061001.jpg

thundergut
05-23-2007, 07:11 PM
Man, the drive to Raleigh would tack on an extra 3-4 hours of just drive-time to your trip from Charlotte if you're heading back up to Indiana, lol.

And about the Ti-cats...hmm...somewhat, but not really. I'm more of a Leafs fan, so you can feel free to hate me about that, even tho I'm not die-hard about them either.

heathershubby
05-23-2007, 07:32 PM
Man, the drive to Raleigh would tack on an extra 3-4 hours of just drive-time to your trip from Charlotte if you're heading back up to Indiana, lol.

And about the Ti-cats...hmm...somewhat, but not really. I'm more of a Leafs fan, so you can feel free to hate me about that, even tho I'm not die-hard about them either.

I am an oilers fan but leafs are cool with me cause I hate the Red Wings I think it's a windsor thing lol

heathershubby
05-24-2007, 09:43 PM
I am on a serious day off today that is why I did not post yet. One of my best friends in the whole worlds father had a stroke while driving in the U.S. a little while back. By the time he was well enough to come home he was in debt to the hospital $35000.00. Reminds me how glad I am to live in canada with our health care system.Tonight there was a benefit to raise money to help them with the costs as they are very honest and amazing people and will not jsut not pay.

This friend is an amazing guitar player and it was a concert with 4 bands. We had that all evening but this morning we got the fear of God put into us right as we woke up. My wife is from america and although we have been married for going on 3 years we are still in the process of having her and my son declared landed immagrants so they are staying in canada on a visitors permit that we need to renew ever 6 months for it to be legal. This morning we realized it expired yesterday. Lucky for us we were blessed and the immagration guard at the boarder renewed it without a problem. He even gave us a 1 year extention this time so it sould be the last time we need to renew it.

So it was crossing international boarders all day and Rock show benefits all night. Guess how I ate? Not to bad actually lol. NOt what I should have by a far shot but. I had a salad with fat free italian dressing and a half of a chicken wrap for brunch. I squeezed in a 3egg fat free cheese omlet in the 5 mins we were home and I had some sauceless spare ribs with lemon and a little salt only and salad for dinner. Not bad for a day off diet for me. I am calling this my cheat day instead of Sunday.

I will be doing workout #2 Tommorow and its a good thing cause my legs are still killing me. I did do my fitness test today and played Wii for 45 mins. I did not walk my mile but I will be doing it twice tommorow to make up for it.
I also am going for blood tests so I will not be eating for 12 hours (I will try and sleep for 8 of those lol) and go in tommorow in the morning. I am almost at the 50 lb loss mark and I want to get my blood work done every 50 lbs or so to see what the effects of the exercise and eating better are. Also my doctor said that when a person losses as much weight as I will be the body somtimes thinks somthing is wrong and can react in funny ways. This will let us know all the way along if anything is up.

So I did some light exercise today but will hit the weight room tommorow and do and extra mile of walking to make up for the social evening. Hope you all had a great day see ya tommorow.

ScottC
05-25-2007, 04:11 AM
Sorry to read about your friends father. Glad he is doing better.

Also glad things worked out for you at the border. Could've been like that Seinfeld episode and she would have been deported back to the US. ;) :D

Quickxi
05-25-2007, 06:13 AM
sounds like you had an easy, relaxing, nothing toworry about day. Glad everything worked out with the immigration. (Thats sounds weird).

thundergut
05-25-2007, 06:29 AM
Keep rockin bro, way to eat smart while out of town. I know I'd not have that sort of self control!

As for the border...yeah, there are good guards and bad guards. They're usually good, but I had a real @$$hat last May when I went to visit my family. I didn't have a passport yet (didn't need it yet, by law), but I had my license, birth certificate, etc...everything they've ever needed. This jagoff keeps me in their little security area for 2 hours, solid, questioning me. Why don't I have a passport, why am I trying to get back into the country, why was I visiting, what year was my mother born, how many toes did my dad have on his left foot...just all kinds of crap.

Finally the arse let me go when his supervisor said I was ok with the docs I had, but suggested I get a passport for my next trip just to bypass the hassle.

I now have a passport, and a strong desire to slap the taste out of a certain customs guard's mouth.

heathershubby
05-25-2007, 06:48 PM
lol well maybe not racing lol.

I have been doing the walk away the lbs aerobic walking videos I was talking about before. It is walking in place and doing kicks and side steps ect while alking that is suppose to equal walking a mile. Today as I did not do it yesterday I thought I would instead go to a 1 mile track that is accross the streat from my work and walk a real mile.

Yeah right I didn't even get a half a mile and I had to sit down and rest. That dvd is a lot like the treadmill it gives you almost a false sense of accomplishment. I did finish the 1 mile track but it almost finished me. I rested at about 1/4 of a mile, a little over a half of a mile, 3/4 of a mile and just before I finished the mile. I was feeling pretty crapy about it. I use to walk everywhere when I was young.

I was left at a party once in my Jr. Year of high scool and I walked home the 26 kilometers no prob. A mile is approx 1.6k. So when I am done I came to work took a shower and was thinking what have I let happen to myself. The walk into work from home is 1100 steps which I thought was a half a mile it's a little less then that I know now. When I walk in I am always in pain at the end and winded but I had no idea how much difference a mile would make.

So back to the point of all this rant lol. I go into my union office to call my wife and on the board is a flier for the annual W.R.A.C.E. ( a local organization that puts on a dozen or so 1k, 5k, 8k walk/run's for different charities every year. They also keep points for what place you finish in and they have their own standings ect. I grabbed that flier so fast I am going to do it.

The schedual of there events is this they have a walk/race for arthritis on June 24th. The next race is in late July. My new challenge to myself Is I am going to at least walk in the 1K fun walk in June and get ready for the 5K walk in July. I am however going to spend the next 4 weeks trying to get up to walking the 5K in June. I went on line and e mailed them I don't have to register until june 20th by then I should know what I can or can't do and I will decide to do the 1K or the 5K. I will not get any pledges so all they will get is me and my wife's (who laughed and agreed to do it with me) $20 dollar entry fee. If I however am not able to do the 5K I will be pledging my wife $ 50 dollars so she can walk for free (ie/ if you get $50 dollars in pledges your entry is forgiven.

So just so you all are aware that is my new goal. I know without I doubt I am going to lose the 5.5 lbs I have left to meet my goal of losing 52 lbs by Aug 1st. My new goal which should help with the weight loss but is not a weight loss goal is to walk in a 5K charity walk before Aug 1st. I only have 2 shots at it so you can be sure that i am going to give it my all for the first one. The month of July I am off the whole month for vacation and will be in North Carolina, Indiana and Northern ontario so it will be alot more demanding to use my vacation time to train.

Now for my plan starting tommorow morning I will be back at the track walking. I will to start walk once in the morning and once at night. The track is 1 mile long so 3 times around would be just shy of 5K. A kilometer is 0.625 of a mile so I have 4 weeks I essentially need to add a Kilometer to my ability every week. Tommorow my first Goal for my morning walk will be to go once around the track and not take a rest until I am at least half way around. For my evening walk I will walk around the track once as well but stopping whenever I feel I need to.

On Sunday I will be trying to go .625 of a mile (since I will have no Idea how far that is as there are no markings on this track) I will try to go all the way around to the bench that is half way between the half way mark and the 3/4 mark. By the end of next week I will be trying to get all the way around the 1 mile track without stopping. This is the goal I have set for Next Sunday. Every SUnday I will be setting a further and further goal untill I hope the sunday before the event I can walk 3 times around without stopping and the following sunday will be the event I will have to walk the entire 5K.

I honestly have my doubts about my ability to do this that is why I have set the July event as the fall back event but I am going to give it my all. Watching little kids riding their bikes around the track today and people who are well in their 60's and even maybe 70's walk around multiple times well I struggled to make it to the next bench really made me feel like I have been taking my body for granted.

What I mean is here are people who are twice my age and itn 10 times better shape then me. I can not in good conscience eat cheeseburgers and fries and sit around watching t.v. anymore while my body rots until the simplest of tasks is a increadably hard thing to accomplish. I will be working out in the weight room 3 days a week still and eating the same diet as I have been. I will be walking everyday from today until race day there will be no down days as I don't think I can afford one.

I will update how the walks go both here and in my activity (workout) journal and hope you guys will stay for the ride *(walk) :)

I had the wife set the alarm for 5:30 am as this is my last day working afternoon shift for a while. I am on days next week 7 to 3:30pm and will be getting up at 5:30 am and going to the track everyday before work. As I walk farther and farther I will start to walk only once a day but I figure that untill I am walking at least 2 miles I can handle it 2 times a day no prob.

I will let you all know how it goes after tommorows first walk. If you believe in God pray for me I am very competetive and I will give this my all. I realixe today I need to start competeing again and my first challenger is a 5K run and my own will.

mission551
05-25-2007, 08:33 PM
hey, although i may not be a avid poster, just thought i should congratulate you on your success so far and even if i may not post much you have my support, and i will try to keep up with your progress. keep up the awesome work and show them how we canadians do it.

TheKansan
05-25-2007, 08:43 PM
I think the idea of walking a 5k is great. I am an avid walker, but like you, I was in pretty bad shape when I started.

Here is my suggestion, you said you have a track across the street from your work. From now on use that track every day that you can. The video thing was obviously not working. Don't feel bad that you had to take rests while walking a mile, I was in the same boat as you, we all have to start somewhere. Before you know it you will be running that mile.

-Aaron-
05-25-2007, 09:35 PM
This is likely one of my last posts on this forum, just want to wish you good luck on your weight loss.

I hope you reach your ideal size and prove everyone you can do it. :)

heathershubby
05-25-2007, 10:29 PM
hey, although i may not be a avid poster, just thought i should congratulate you on your success so far and even if i may not post much you have my support, and i will try to keep up with your progress. keep up the awesome work and show them how we canadians do it.

any time you can stop in an say hey it's appreciated bro thanks. OH CANADA BABY.

heathershubby
05-25-2007, 10:30 PM
I think the idea of walking a 5k is great. I am an avid walker, but like you, I was in pretty bad shape when I started.

Here is my suggestion, you said you have a track across the street from your work. From now on use that track every day that you can. The video thing was obviously not working. Don't feel bad that you had to take rests while walking a mile, I was in the same boat as you, we all have to start somewhere. Before you know it you will be running that mile.

I mean I was sweaty and my back and knees would get a little tired but it definatly was not a real mile thats for sure.

heathershubby
05-25-2007, 10:35 PM
This is likely one of my last posts on this forum, just want to wish you good luck on your weight loss.

I hope you reach your ideal size and prove everyone you can do it. :)

Look I know as well as anyone that you are someone who has strong opinions that I have somtimes disagreed with and we have even verbally jousted shall we say but I have always found you to be someone who said what you believed and to have reasons for what you believe and be willing to defend that. I hope you reconsider as you also give some very solid advice and you would be greatly missed out here if you do leave.

I for one would definatly miss you and your advice.

Quickxi
05-26-2007, 05:52 AM
you have to start somewhere, keep using that track! I would second the above opinion, use that track, alot. First you should compete with yourself, keep track of your post on each break that you took your first attempt at a mile. Use that as a guide to take your breaks a little further apart each time. Compete with your previous best each time, and you'll be suprised at how quickly you own that track :)

ScottC
05-26-2007, 06:56 AM
you have to start somewhere, keep using that track! I would second the above opinion, use that track, alot. First you should compete with yourself, keep track of your post on each break that you took your first attempt at a mile. Use that as a guide to take your breaks a little further apart each time. Compete with your previous best each time, and you'll be suprised at how quickly you own that track :)
Good suggestions ^^^^.

Keep up the good work...and don't doubt your ability to do something. If you do, you have already set yourself up for failure.

TheKansan
05-26-2007, 09:43 AM
When I walk, I don't look at the overall goal. If you were to look at the downtown KC skyline from my house, you would think that there is no way you could walk there, its too far. Instead I look at each small step. First I reach the end of my block, then I look at the next big intersection, then I walk to the grocery store, etc. until before I know it, I have taken 20 small steps to downtown KC, which is 4.5 miles away. Then I repeat the process and walk home.

heathershubby
05-26-2007, 06:42 PM
Here is what I did I took my van and drove and recorded distances. I got a 1K route and a 1.25,1.5 all the way to 4k which is from my moms front door to my front door 4.1k :)

So starting today I am going to add .25k every 2 days. I walked the 1k route this morning. Then again I walked the 1k route at about 5pm. I will keep walking twice a day. At the end of 1k I am seriously tired and knees and back are sore. The good news is I know if I was to push myself right now to the limit I could walk at least another K so I am actually better off then I thought. That being said the distance is longer then I thought as well. I am going to give it one hell of a fight though.

Thanks guys for all the incouragement it felt real good to come in from the second walk and read those posts its like my legs started hurting a little less.

Tommorow I will be doing the 1.25K walk and timing myself for both walks and I will continue that all the way to get an Idea of how long I am looking at.

DIet was Good three meals 2 snacks in the rules.

Quickxi
05-26-2007, 06:51 PM
nice job, 4.1k is not far enough away from my mother :D

heathershubby
05-26-2007, 10:50 PM

thanks bro I am planning it out I am going to do my 4K the sat before the event when I have to do the 5k. I am going to go to my mommies and have her make me a big plate of spaggetti and after the " carb up " lol I am going to see if I can walk the 4k's If I make it I will then go for the 5k on june 22nd if not I will do the 1K fun walk and prepare for the July walk. I thik I am going to make it for the june walk then I will have to find a 10k walk somewhere :)

ScottC
05-27-2007, 06:44 AM
My mom is a little over 200 miles away. ;)

heathershubby
05-27-2007, 02:33 PM
OK I am getting really, really ready for my lifting tommorow. I have had a good day so far today. I did the Wii age test and got my best score ever it was 3 tennis events which I happen to be pretty good at so that sontributed to a healthy age of 23 yrs old. I then did about 15 mins of boxing training with it and then an hour of batting practise.

I then went for 2 1k walks with just enough time in between to write down the info off of my ****meter onto a little pad so I can keep track of it. I am walking a Kilometer ever 15mins. Thats about 3 miles and hour. After I get to the 5k mark I am going to start working on bringing my time down and walking a little faster.

I will do another walk tonight either a 1.5k or 2k nono stop if I feel up to it.

ScottC
05-27-2007, 02:38 PM
Wii age test? Me game dumb! :p

heathershubby
05-27-2007, 02:42 PM
You do three games like returning 40 shots in tennis
Batting prctise and sparing.
It takes your results from these three events and give you an age to match your results.

The Wii is a very interactive video game system and I do the test (about 10 to 15 mins) and then anywhere from 30 mins to an hour and a half of one of the sports or training programs on it. I get up quite a sweat as I stand and give it my all.

ScottC
05-27-2007, 02:50 PM
It takes your results from these three events and give you an age to match your results.

The Wii is a very interactive video game system and I do the test (about 10 to 15 mins) and then anywhere from 30 mins to an hour and a half of one of the sports or training programs on it. I get up quite a sweat as I stand and give it my all.
Imagine how much better shape you would get if you went outside and did all those activities! ;)

Modern day games...I didn't get any exercise benefit from playing Pong! ;) :D

mission551
05-27-2007, 02:56 PM

you know, i've been meaning to try that wii thing for ages, but let me tell you, nothing beats the real thing lol...getting out there in the 30 degree heat and gruelling it out for hours ;) awesome workout lol. but it does sound like a great way to actually incorporate extra cardio and keep things interesting/fun. congrats on having some solid goals and continuing to raise the bar each time you achieve them...keep up the awesome work

p.s you should give tennis a go sometime ;)

cornwallus
05-27-2007, 03:52 PM
442! this must be the lowest you got till john?, Damn bro Smashing those pounds now,

Wii sounds fun :D

heathershubby
05-28-2007, 03:43 AM
Imagine how much better shape you would get if you went outside and did all those activities! ;)

Modern day games...I didn't get any exercise benefit from playing Pong! ;) :D

THats before my time. Actually doing those activities with the exception of bowling and golf is still a little ways off for me. Plus I added damn walking and my shins are pissed off enough with that.

I did play some 21 at my youth group last night but that is more a alpha male reminder I have to give the kids a couple times a year so they remember who the big dog is in the yard and don't get to damn big for their britches.

p.s. I even got a couple tips and won the game as I always do even if it means I have to foul somone here or there :)

heathershubby
05-28-2007, 03:44 AM
you know, i've been meaning to try that wii thing for ages, but let me tell you, nothing beats the real thing lol...getting out there in the 30 degree heat and gruelling it out for hours ;) awesome workout lol. but it does sound like a great way to actually incorporate extra cardio and keep things interesting/fun. congrats on having some solid goals and continuing to raise the bar each time you achieve them...keep up the awesome work

p.s you should give tennis a go sometime ;)

and will go hit the ball off the wall a few hundred times but if I am running back and forth my body gets tired to fast to really get good benifit from such a strenous activity as of yet but in the future I hope it will be an option.

heathershubby
05-28-2007, 03:49 AM
I am working day shift which I hate and I am going to have to wait for the Wii workout till after work this afternoon. I am going for a 1.5k (actually a littl bit longer like 1.8k walk around and to work. I will take another 1.5 to 2k walk after dinner. My shin is sore but its not an injury sore just using muscles I have not used sore so I am going to keep at it in an attempt to make the 5k on June 22nd. Have a great day and I will be back with a weigh in measurements and round up of my weight training today after work. I am doing day #1 as I only worked out 2 days last week it is back up for my monday workout.

Squats
Bench Press
Bent Over rows
Barbell Curls

Have a good day.

TheKansan
05-28-2007, 08:17 AM
I am working day shift which I hate and I am going to have to wait for the Wii workout till after work this afternoon. I am going for a 1.5k (actually a littl bit longer like 1.8k walk around and to work. I will take another 1.5 to 2k walk after dinner. My shin is sore but its not an injury sore just using muscles I have not used sore so I am going to keep at it in an attempt to make the 5k on June 22nd. Have a great day and I will be back with a weigh in measurements and round up of my weight training today after work. I am doing day #1 as I only worked out 2 days last week it is back up for my monday workout.

Squats
Bench Press
Bent Over rows
Barbell Curls

Have a good day.

Looks like you are doing a great job. The longer I read your journal, I have noticed that your exercise routine has become progressively more intense. That is great.

heathershubby
05-28-2007, 08:29 AM
Looks like you are doing a great job. The longer I read your journal, I have noticed that your exercise routine has become progressively more intense. That is great.

I am trying to move it more a little at a time thanks for noticing I have kinda platued with the weight between 442.5 and 444.5 lbs so I am using the walking a little further and the lifting to keep the feeling of progressing.

heathershubby
05-28-2007, 08:31 AM
Well I think I am at the limit of where I should be for squats. I have to split up my workout cause I am working the day shift and don't heave enough time to do it all at once. I did Squats and Bench on my first Break. Lunch I will be walking around the factory ( about 2k not sure yet) and then doing bent over rows and barbell curls. So I hit the wall on squats which is like good news bad news. Good news now I know I will be geting stronger with every workout bad news I can't squat very much weight.

Squats 85lbs/10 105/10 125/10

Bench 95/10 115/10 135/10 ^ I can do more

the crazy thing is I can bench more then squat. I know alot of this has to do with my weight and having tired knees and back and I am hoping that the walking helps with that as well.

I walked 1.8k on my way to work this morning and I could have walked more I am feeling pretty good today.

EDIT:

I walked around the plant I work at on my lunch exactly 2k my legs are spent 2 walks and squats all in the period of 6.5 hrs.

ScottC
05-28-2007, 10:50 AM
I did play some 21 at my youth group last night but that is more a alpha male reminder I have to give the kids a couple times a year so they remember who the big dog is in the yard and don't get to damn big for their britches.
ROTFL! :D

cawiau
05-28-2007, 10:59 AM
You are doing really good John.
Keep up the good work!!!

So how are those wii games?

heathershubby
05-28-2007, 12:12 PM
You are doing really good John.
Keep up the good work!!!

So how are those wii games?

the only problem is I like the training sessions best because you have a lot less down time. But you can only get up to a gold medal and I got gold in almost everthing now so its not as fun. I am praying they come out with some kind of Wii olympics game or somthing soon.

Hey how is the V I see you had a bad day from your journal is everything back to strick now. I really don't think one cheat should be that bad but I never did the diet so I am not sure. Keep your spirits up either way your a better man then me just for trying it I don't think I could last more then a day without real food bro.

heathershubby
05-29-2007, 07:00 AM
Damn every single muscle in my body hurts I swear.

I did a 1.8k walk this morning. I only had 4 hours sleep last night and have been up since 1am. I will walk home which is .5k and then I am going to sleep. When I wake up today or tommorow morning I will walk again.

cawiau
05-29-2007, 07:14 AM
I did a 1.8k walk this morning. I only had 4 hours sleep last night and have been up since 1am. I will walk home which is .5k and then I am going to sleep. When I wake up today or tommorow morning I will walk again.

Sound like a plan to me...

How is your diet so far???

heathershubby
05-29-2007, 09:35 AM
Sound like a plan to me...

How is your diet so far???

But I eat whatever for dinner and follow all the rules. It's funny though I am really staying between 442.5 lbs and 444 lbs. It happened when I added the lifting so I think my body is just taking inventory to see what the hell I am doing to it :). I am eating just under 3000 cals so I don't think I need to lower them yet I will wait a bit and see.

cawiau
05-29-2007, 09:46 AM
But I eat whatever for dinner and follow all the rules. It's funny though I am really staying between 442.5 lbs and 444 lbs. It happened when I added the lifting so I think my body is just taking inventory to see what the hell I am doing to it :). I am eating just under 3000 cals so I don't think I need to lower them yet I will wait a bit and see.

Ok, just take it slow and give your body some time to adjust to it.
Everything will be well soon.

heathershubby
05-30-2007, 12:07 PM
Maybe it is just a coincidence but it seems everytime I start to get results with eating right and exercise the rest of my life gets turned upside down and goes to shieeeettt.

It is so frustrating and makes it way harder not to eat crap food as I got this big by being an emotional eater.

OK enough venting I am just having the worst couple weeks I have had in a long time personally and can't really say it to anyone I talk to cause they are all involved it in aaarrrrrrrrrrrggggggggg.

SO now for the only 2 bright spots in my day today. I walked 2.25k this morning with very little difficulty at all. I am so glad I rested yesterday. I also just weighed myself and after 2 weeks of a frustrating platue that had me bouncing between 442.5 lbs and 444 lbs I smashed through it today and weighed in at 441 lbs even.

I knew I was holding water and my weight loss always seems to stall when I start lifting harder but 2 weeks was long for me. I was seriously starting to think I would have to cut my cals already and that would have scared me cause I have so far to go still.

So that leaves 5lbs to go before Aug 1st and now I am a lot less afraid of not making it then I was starting to get. My son has a baseball game tonight so there will be no 2nd walk. I am a little ahead of where I thought I would be with the walking. I think I am so enthused about it because I need the quit meditative time to myself and it really helps. I will be really pushing myself tommorow morning and going for 3k. I did not plan on walking 3k till next sunday atthe earliest so I am really pleased with my progress so far. I will definatly go for a shorter walk tommorow night probably 2k.

Alright I will end here with a wrap up of my weight training and I will post what the new lifting plan will be. I modified it a little for now to better fit my breaks at work and with all the walking this seems better for me for now.

Monday's and Friday's I will

Squat
Bench

Wed

Barbell Curls
Bent Over Rows
Lat Pulldowns
Military Press

(also box squats with really light weight just working on my rep speed and form) I will not really count these though

P.S. ( I really wanted to just do ripptoes but even he himself said Through a message I got on here that at my size I am too big for the dead lift and clean and jerks. I can't lift the weight over my belly without rounding my back and this could cause a serious injury)

So when I get down enough I will kick it into Ripptoes but for now

cawiau
05-30-2007, 08:42 PM
First thing First : You must take it one day at a time. Everyones life goes to shhhhhhiiieeeeeetttt once in a while. Just remember not to let it make you lose sight of your goals and you get back on track. Life woulnd't be interesting without those moments and they make us appreciate the good ones better.

Second : Congratulations on beating your plateau. That is great!!! Let's keep it like that and kick some ass :D

-themask-
05-30-2007, 11:35 PM
hey, i just want to say you really helped me through my own weight loss, you inspired the heck outta me.

4 months ago-
http://images.nexopia.com/userpics/2141/2141351/16.jpg

now-
http://images.nexopia.com/userpics/2141/2141351/12.jpg
http://images.nexopia.com/userpics/2141/2141351/15.jpg
http://images.nexopia.com/userpics/2141/2141351/13.jpg

i wish you the best of luck on reaching your goals, and keep up the good work man!

i would rep you but im out right now =[

ScottC
05-31-2007, 04:23 AM
Maybe it is just a coincidence but it seems everytime I start to get results with eating right and exercise the rest of my life gets turned upside down and goes to shieeeettt.
It's just another trial of life. You need to work through it by perseverance. I know all about unexpected, high stress trials of life, and I found that I feel a little better when I do my workout and eat to plan because they are the only things I have control over.

Finnegan Bell
05-31-2007, 04:28 AM
hey, i just want to say you really helped me through my own weight loss, you inspired the heck outta me.

4 months ago-

now-

i wish you the best of luck on reaching your goals, and keep up the good work man!

Well the first pic was taken 1st August 2006
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=1342121

Sorry to Hijack the thread,but blame my strong memory

heathershubby
05-31-2007, 07:28 AM
First thing First : You must take it one day at a time. Everyones life goes to shhhhhhiiieeeeeetttt once in a while. Just remember not to let it make you lose sight of your goals and you get back on track. Life woulnd't be interesting without those moments and they make us appreciate the good ones better.

Second : Congratulations on beating your plateau. That is great!!! Let's keep it like that and kick some ass :D

I know your right but I could go with a year or 2 of boring I don't need SUCH an intresting life.

I am kicking it but its my own ass lol

heathershubby
05-31-2007, 07:34 AM

4 months ago-

now-

Holy crap that is awsome man totally awsome those pics are better then any reps could every be you are the inspiration not me awsome job man absofickinlutly awsome.

P.S. we will have to get together and Jam one day :)

Repped for kicking ass and takin names

cawiau
05-31-2007, 07:45 AM
I am kicking it but its my own ass lol
Just keep on kicking :D
That's the spirit.

-themask-
05-31-2007, 11:30 AM
Holy crap that is awsome man totally awsome those pics are better then any reps could every be you are the inspiration not me awsome job man absofickinlutly awsome.

P.S. we will have to get together and Jam one day :)

Repped for kicking ass and takin names

hey thanks, repped back, yes we will!

keep up the good work man, you've lost over 50lbs already right?

that's incredible!

edit :still says i have given out too much reputation in the last 24 hours =[

heathershubby
05-31-2007, 12:41 PM
OK so I was planning on going between 2.75k and 3k. I have a 1k route from my door to my door.I walked that 2 times and then the walk to from my door is .75k to inside my plant where I usually find my truck plugged in. However the regular guy was ot on the job and the truck was plugged in at a different spot so I ended up walk 3.33k this morning. I am really stoked as I could have kept going. I am happy with how fast I am building up my leg and cardio strength and I am really believing I will make 5k for the walk on June 22.

Next week I am off on vacation with no money so I will be walking twice a day all week and I am going to try an on again off again idea with calories that I have been thinking of.

I take in 2800 to 3000 cals over the course of the day I will stick with this on Mon wed fri when I lift but on tuesday thursday and sat I am going to go by 1800 cals. I am only going to do this for a week to see what kind of rebound there is and it will be an on again off again thing so I don't see a big effect on my metabolism and I am going to make sure I am eating alot of protien and high nutrient foods every three hours to make sure I am not eating away at muscle. I will have the plan up and ready for you guys to see tonight or tommorow.

cawiau
05-31-2007, 12:47 PM
Seems like a good plan.
Just try not to be too drastic.

By the way, are you entering the competition? It is from June 1 till thanksgiving.

I intend to go all the way to December 31.

Freddie Beef
05-31-2007, 12:48 PM
I think you should join too.

cornwallus
05-31-2007, 03:48 PM
John, 2000 cals champ :D, seriously, I think you could lose 4 pounds a week at about 2000 calories, it's all about the food after that, consume so low cal foods, Oranges are 47 cals, have 7 of those a day to fill you up, the appeitite never leaves bro trust me :D

heathershubby
06-01-2007, 07:09 AM
Seems like a good plan.
Just try not to be too drastic.

By the way, are you entering the competition? It is from June 1 till thanksgiving.

I intend to go all the way to December 31.

Its like working as a team and competeing all at the same time I am in .

heathershubby
06-01-2007, 07:10 AM
I think you should join too.

lol as I said I have been gone but today is june first so if I can still join I am going to try.

thundergut
06-01-2007, 07:14 AM
Get on it bro, the gang's all here!

heathershubby
06-01-2007, 07:15 AM
John, 2000 cals champ :D, seriously, I think you could lose 4 pounds a week at about 2000 calories, it's all about the food after that, consume so low cal foods, Oranges are 47 cals, have 7 of those a day to fill you up, the appeitite never leaves bro trust me :D

I appreciate what you are saying I really really do. I have been working on this plan since before I came back to the boards. Acctually I got the idea when working with Michael Elias and then when I came back here and started reading about the V diet and such It kind of gave me the finishing touches even though it is nothing like it.

Your plan 2000 cals a day = 14000 a week
My plan 1800 cals off days 2800 on = 15600
a pretty small difference really and I get to eat whatever fits the macros of my diet which I will post now :)

heathershubby
06-01-2007, 07:25 AM
Day 1

1 scoop slim fast and 1.5 cup skim milk
3hrs later
1 scoop protein powder with 1 cup skim milk

3hrs later

3hrs later

3 hrs later

1 can tuna/water with 2 tablespoons kraft light Miricle whip

3hrs later

2 chicken breasts,1 med baked potato,1 cup peas
(only yellow mustard)

Totals= 1800 cals 192g protein, 200g carbs, 23g fat
43%, 45%, 12%

Day 2

Rules

Fat less then 30% of cals (try for less then 20% on most days)
At least 200g of protein
At least 2800cals up to 3000cals

Also daily taking
Fish oil caps
one a day mens
vitamin e , c and b complexes

I will listen to all comments and reasons this is a good or bad plan but this is somthing I have thought out and will be sticking to. My long term plan is to do this for a month then for a month eat by the day 2 rules everyday and see if there is a rebound effect.

I don't think there will be. I don't think as long as your eating the 2800 to 3000 cals every second day and are extreamly vigalant about eating every 3 hours on day 1's that your metabolism will slow very much or will you lose much muscle.

I know the die hard guys out here will not like this plan at all and I understand that. I am different though I am in no way a hard core guy lol. I weighed in today at 443 lbs ( PLease keep in mind on diet I was on yesterday was my cheat day and as I was about to start this program I enjoyed it :) )

OK so back to what I was saying I weigh 443lbs my first and formost need is to lose fat. I understand that to a bodybuilder the number 1 priority is muscle gain or matanence but to me this is slightly secondary. That being said I have my knew weight lifting program in place and will be doing my 1 rep maxs on all exercises tommorow and if I see a significant drop in strength I will abandon this as I do not want to lose much muscle even if it is a secondary priority to me.

Please consider that I really have thought this through and I know people are going to ask a couple questions so I will try to answer them right away.

cawiau
06-01-2007, 07:54 AM
The diet is looking kinda scary. At least for me.
Question : Would you consider increasing your protein intake to at least 300g per day?

mission551
06-01-2007, 07:56 AM
Day 1

3hrs later

3hrs later

3hrs later

3 hrs later

3hrs later

(only yellow mustard)

43%, 45%, 12%

Day 2

Rules

At least 200g of protein

Also daily taking
Fish oil caps
one a day mens

I will listen to all comments and reasons this is a good or bad plan but this is somthing I have thought out and will be sticking to. My long term plan is to do this for a month then for a month eat by the day 2 rules everyday and see if there is a rebound effect.

I don't think there will be. I don't think as long as your eating the 2800 to 3000 cals every second day and are extreamly vigalant about eating every 3 hours on day 1's that your metabolism will slow very much or will you lose much muscle.

I know the die hard guys out here will not like this plan at all and I understand that. I am different though I am in no way a hard core guy lol. I weighed in today at 443 lbs ( PLease keep in mind on diet I was on yesterday was my cheat day and as I was about to start this program I enjoyed it :) )

OK so back to what I was saying I weigh 443lbs my first and formost need is to lose fat. I understand that to a bodybuilder the number 1 priority is muscle gain or matanence but to me this is slightly secondary. That being said I have my knew weight lifting program in place and will be doing my 1 rep maxs on all exercises tommorow and if I see a significant drop in strength I will abandon this as I do not want to lose much muscle even if it is a secondary priority to me.

Please consider that I really have thought this through and I know people are going to ask a couple questions so I will try to answer them right away.

looks ok, like you said, losing fat is your #1 prority, everything else comes secondary, and with that plan you should definitely see some results, although you better stock up on your milk...1.5 liters a day is a lot of milk.
all the best

heathershubby
06-01-2007, 08:55 AM
The diet is looking kinda scary. At least for me.
Question : Would you consider increasing your protein intake to at least 300g per day?

But in honesty with the foods I eat I am usually between 300 and 350g on the workout days.

I appreciate what you are saying bro but I have to say this is way more sane then the V diet IMHO that you tried. ON the workout days I can eat whatever foods I want as long as they fall into the macros. This leaves a lot of room for variety and nutrient getting.

cawiau
06-01-2007, 08:56 AM
But in honesty with the foods I eat I am usually between 300 and 350g on the workout days.

I appreciate what you are saying bro but I have to say this is way more sane then the V diet IMHO that you tried. ON the workout days I can eat whatever foods I want as long as they fall into the macros. This leaves a lot of room for variety and nutrient getting.

I got your back no matter what bro.
Good luck and hope you get great results from this.

heathershubby
06-01-2007, 08:56 AM
looks ok, like you said, losing fat is your #1 prority, everything else comes secondary, and with that plan you should definitely see some results, although you better stock up on your milk...1.5 liters a day is a lot of milk.
all the best

I go through a couple gallons by myself I love skim milk lol this would definatly not be for a loctose intolerant person though lol.

heathershubby
06-01-2007, 08:57 AM
I got your back no matter what bro.
Good luck and hope you get great results from this.

cause thats how we roll ;)

p.s. thats what my son's favorite saying is so I thought I would throw it in lol

cawiau
06-01-2007, 09:04 AM
cause thats how we roll ;)

Yep, let's keep on rolling and let the haters keep on hating ;)

heathershubby
06-01-2007, 09:10 AM
I know that I will be answering the same things over and over so I will put some here as I go I will try my best.

1.) can you replace all the powders with real food YES AND I WILL :)
you just have to keep the macros exact.

2.) Why only 192g of protien? There are a few reasons 1. I am not ronnie coleman 1g per lean lb is fine for me and my ultimate goal weight is about 200 lbs 2. It is a non workout day. 3. cause I want to have 45% or so carbs for energy so my body does not start to look to my muscles for glucose.

3.) My Lifting program can be found in my workout log I will post it here on monday with my 1 rep maxs that I will use to mointor any muscle lost that may occur.

4.) I will also be walking 5K every morning when I build up to it I am at 3k now.

p.s. Fat loss is my #1 priority and that is why I can justify losing some muscle.

I weigh 443 lbs and by the navy method I am at 55% B.F. that would mean right now my LBM is about 200 lbs. In order to lose weight I will have to lose muscle at some point as I will never get to 200 lbs with 0% b.f. so common sense says my LBM is going to go down. As I don't expect my organs or muscle to change much in lbs (I know there will be some change but it wont add up to a lot of lbs) It will be muscle that will be the LBM that goes away as I move towards a healthy weight.

All this being said I WEIGH OVER 400 lbs and the health negatives that come from losing some muscle are far outweighed but what is gained by losing the fat and weight.

Hope this helps and I will try to answer any and all questions fairly quickly from here out.

Freddie Beef
06-01-2007, 09:14 AM
All this being said I WEIGH OVER 400 lbs and the health negatives that come from losing some muscle are far outweighed but what is gained by losing the fat and weight.

You tell em bro.

cawiau
06-01-2007, 09:17 AM
You tell em bro.

heathershubby
06-01-2007, 09:21 AM

You tell em bro.

Quote= cai
Originally Posted by toobigfred
You tell em bro.

Thanks guys jsut trying to get the formalities out of the way cause for a guy whose 200 lbs at 12% body fat looking to get to single digits this looks retarded but thats no where near where I am at yet so I think it's a pretty good plan but only time will tell.

TheKansan
06-01-2007, 09:41 AM
Im with you, the extremely high amounts of protein are just too expensive and difficult for me to get daily. I usually get between 200-250g a day and that is plenty. I actually got into an argument in another thread over this issue because I know for a fact that I don't need to feed the protein to my fat cells, just my lean muscle mass.

By the way I also justified losing some muscle. The health risks of being Super morbidly obese far outweighed the benefits of losing slowly in my opinion. Look at my journal and me and yioti argued about this very issue. We have since reconciled, by I stand by my decision, and yours. We can worry about our muscle mass after we no longer have to worry about high blood pressure, heart attack, and diabetes.

Do whatever it takes for you to get where you need to be.

heathershubby
06-01-2007, 10:34 AM
Im with you, the extremely high amounts of protein are just too expensive and difficult for me to get daily. I usually get between 200-250g a day and that is plenty. I actually got into an argument in another thread over this issue because I know for a fact that I don't need to feed the protein to my fat cells, just my lean muscle mass.

By the way I also justified losing some muscle. The health risks of being Super morbidly obese far outweighed the benefits of losing slowly in my opinion. Look at my journal and me and yioti argued about this very issue. We have since reconciled, by I stand by my decision, and yours. We can worry about our muscle mass after we no longer have to worry about high blood pressure, heart attack, and diabetes.

Do whatever it takes for you to get where you need to be.

repped

exactly I dont want my wife to have to explain to my 2 yr old that daddy died of a heart attack because he wanted to make sure he only lost 1 lb a week and ran out of time. That's also why I am focusing on walking 5K and using what many would consider a light weight training load although trust me I am working the sheeeet out of my muscles :)

Freddie Beef
06-01-2007, 11:36 AM
I see people saying I should be eating like 3500 calories a day to lose weight slowly. BS. I might be strong as hell right now, but losin some strenth and muscle is fine. I also have a 2 year old, it scares the hell out of me thinking I might die and leave a little boy behind with no dad. And besides, what will all the muscle and strengh do us if we are 6ft under.

heathershubby
06-01-2007, 12:10 PM
I see people saying I should be eating like 3500 calories a day to lose weight slowly. BS. I might be strong as hell right now, but losin some strenth and muscle is fine. I also have a 2 year old, it scares the hell out of me thinking I might die and leave a little boy behind with no dad. And besides, what will all the muscle and strengh do us if we are 6ft under.

I feel the same. I think it's one of those things that there is so many people out here that have the Bodybuilder mentality which makes sense being its BB.com but they don't really comprehend or understand the difference between being over weight and obese let alone extreamly obese. I mean they know there is a difference but it's not somthing you can understand without suffering through it.

ScottC
06-01-2007, 02:42 PM
Keep up the good work...all of you big guys are inspirational! :)

cornwallus
06-01-2007, 05:16 PM
I've definatley agree, my own theory, is if your over 300 muscle isn't the MAIN focus, it's getting rid of any potential health hazzard ASAP,

Besides, The body doesn't wanna work as well when your thinner, I'm losing 1-1.5 pounds a weeks now not 4-5 :)

heathershubby
06-02-2007, 07:17 AM
yeah you only weight 230 lbs now the 411lbs you started at though :)

Ok speaking of weight I weighed in today at a svelt 440lbs even.
Thats -48lbs and 4lbs more to go to reach my goal of losing 52lbs between 01/08/06 and 01/08/07 with 2 full months to go.

I also walked 4K before comming to work this morning. I was really in a grove and just kept moving. I walked 3.3k 2 days ago and was really sore yesterday so took a day off and was thinking a light day today as I was stiff all over when I woke up but the more I walked the better I felt this morning. I think I may attemp the 5k early. The offical walk is June 11th but I am on vacation next week and am going to be walking twice a day all week so I might take friday off and go for 5k on saturday.

ANyway with the new diet plan I think I have a shot at reaching the -52lb goal in the next week or 2. I will not be able to weigh myself all next week as I can only weigh myself on the shipping scales at work so it will be a surprize on the monday following next to see what a week dedicated to walking ,lifting and dieting will bring.

Freddie Beef
06-02-2007, 07:34 AM
You sound like me, I can only weigh myself at my work scale too. Sucks

heathershubby
06-02-2007, 08:42 AM
You sound like me, I can only weigh myself at my work scale too. Sucks

but it only goes up to 330 lbs so I have some work to do before I can start using that baby lol.

cawiau
06-02-2007, 08:55 AM
but it only goes up to 330 lbs so I have some work to do before I can start using that baby lol.

Just keep doing what you doing, you will get there soon enough!!!

heathershubby
06-02-2007, 11:32 AM
Just keep doing what you doing, you will get there soon enough!!!

The lowest I ever got since I started was 437 lbs and I am knocking on that door again. I will be there by the end of next week or have a new lowest even :)

That being said I have not really hit the weights as hard as I was and am just starting to tighten up my program starting Monday. When I look at the pics from the end of my 12 weeks with Michael Elias and the pics now or the mirror I see that I had alot more muscle in the Arms,Back and Shoulders this is ok but it is also inspiring me to make the most of my knew workout routine which I will post in a little bit.

heathershubby
06-02-2007, 12:12 PM
This is what I will be starting at ie/aiming for starting next week

Mon and Fri

Bench 135 lbs / 8to10, 135 lbs / 8to10, 135 lbs / 8to10

Squat 95lbs / 8to10, 95 lbs / 8to10, 95 lbs / 8to10,

Wed

Barbell Rows 65 lbs / 8to10, 65 lbs / 8to10, 65 lbs / 8to10
Military Press 65 lbs / 8to10, 65 lbs / 8to10, 65 lbs / 8to10
Barbell Curls 50 lbs / 8to10, 50 lbs / 8to10, 50 lbs / 8to10
Lateral Pulldowns 80 lbs / 8to10, 80 lbs / 8to10, 80 lbs / 8to10

I will also be doing box squats to work on rep speed and form but will use light weight and not really worried about how much.

Sets and reps

Sets - ( I do 3 warm up sets for Bench and Squat and 2 warm up sets for all exercises on Wed that I didn't put up. I just put up my working sets)

Reps - When I can do 10 reps for all 3 working sets I will increase the weight on that lift.

P.S. I wanted to get my 1 rep max's done today and use them to set up the weight I would start with but my spotter backed out so please bare with me for the first few weeks there may be some adjustments with the weight.

heathershubby
06-02-2007, 12:27 PM
Ok I am going to put all three major parts of my program together in this post I hope it works lol.

Part #1

Diet

(real food can be substituted here but macros must fit)

3hrs later

3hrs later

3hrs later

3 hrs later

3hrs later

(only yellow mustard)

43%, 45%, 12%

Day 2

Rules

At least 200g of protein

Also daily taking
Fish oil caps
one a day mens

p.s. for the last 3 weeks or 2.5 I have been finishing off the venom lean stack from **** that I had. I will be done it by the end of next week. I will then take a couple weeks to clear out my system.

And in July I will be using a couple products I won from control lab in the fall fat loss transformation contest.

Part 2

Cardio

Ok I will still be doing my Wii test and min 30 min workout ;)

but my real cardio is my morning walks by the end of next week I will be up to 5k a day everyday. The great thing about only being able to walk is I can do it everyday.

I also have a ****moter and my goal is 10000 steps a day but that is no problem as the 5k's give me almos 8000 steps alone.

Part 3

Weight training

Mon and Fri

Wed

P.S. I took 3rd in the Fall Contest I will be shooting for second or first this time boys and girls I don't want to be moving backwords anymore :)

new2lifting
06-02-2007, 05:19 PM
Hey bro

just dropping by to say hi

keep up the good work

mission551
06-02-2007, 05:52 PM
Ok I am going to put all three major parts of my program together in this post I hope it works lol.

Part #1

Diet

(real food can be substituted here but macros must fit)

3hrs later

3hrs later

3hrs later

3 hrs later

3hrs later

(only yellow mustard)

43%, 45%, 12%

Day 2

Rules

At least 200g of protein

Also daily taking
Fish oil caps
one a day mens

p.s. for the last 3 weeks or 2.5 I have been finishing off the venom lean stack from **** that I had. I will be done it by the end of next week. I will then take a couple weeks to clear out my system.

And in July I will be using a couple products I won from control lab in the fall fat loss transformation contest.

Part 2

Cardio

Ok I will still be doing my Wii test and min 30 min workout ;)

but my real cardio is my morning walks by the end of next week I will be up to 5k a day everyday. The great thing about only being able to walk is I can do it everyday.

I also have a ****moter and my goal is 10000 steps a day but that is no problem as the 5k's give me almos 8000 steps alone.

Part 3

Weight training

Mon and Fri

Wed

P.S. I took 3rd in the Fall Contest I will be shooting for second or first this time boys and girls I don't want to be moving backwords anymore :)

looks solid, keep up the good work

heathershubby
06-02-2007, 08:35 PM
Hey bro

just dropping by to say hi

keep up the good work

it's good to see ya in the contest I have missed your wisdom and it will be good following you cut journal as well. Hope all is well and thanks for stoping by.

Repped for rocking so f in hard bro

heathershubby
06-02-2007, 08:38 PM
looks solid, keep up the good work

your results are awsome I enjoy reading your thread everyday. I wish I could keep as detailed a journal as you but I am a lazy azz about things :). Thanks for stoping by and keep up the good work.

FOr the rest of you check out mission551's journal he is really a steady rock it's impressive.

mission551
06-03-2007, 07:01 AM
your results are awsome I enjoy reading your thread everyday. I wish I could keep as detailed a journal as you but I am a lazy azz about things :). Thanks for stoping by and keep up the good work.

FOr the rest of you check out mission551's journal he is really a steady rock it's impressive.

thank you for the words, but it's a lot easier when you don't have to work ;) lol, i'm just reaping the benefits of working like a dog all winter, now it's training time

-themask-
06-03-2007, 05:44 PM
hey hh, you have any progress pics?!

i bet you look alot better already! 50lbs down is great!

heathershubby
06-03-2007, 07:57 PM
hey hh, you have any progress pics?!

i bet you look alot better already! 50lbs down is great!

yeah there is some in the thread in a few days when I get everything in order here I am going to post pics in an order of which they were takin. It will show the lost then the gain then the loss :)

Quickxi
06-03-2007, 08:32 PM
are those pics gonna have that doll in the background again? ;) LOL

ScottC
06-04-2007, 04:03 AM
are those pics gonna have that doll in the background again? ;) LOL
LOL!!! :D

heathershubby
06-04-2007, 08:17 AM
its like my gargoil for the fridge keeps the even fat food away lol.

Actually my daughter who is only 2 has some issues and the batteries are dead so when itdoesn't work she starts treating it like its Ken Shamrock and she is Tito. So I put it up there till we could get new batteries for it its like witness relocation for her own protection lol.

heathershubby
06-04-2007, 08:29 AM
http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s8/heathershubby_01/fitdayjune1st.jpg
http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s8/heathershubby_01/June2nd.jpg
http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s8/heathershubby_01/june3rd.jpg

OK I will be doing this every monday for the past week so everything is out in the open it helps to keep me pon track and open about mess ups ect.

I did not get to walk yesterday as it rained the whole time I could have went. My wife is going to start walking with me but waiting for her to get up yesterday was a mistake so I will be walking by myself then if she wants to walk again in the evening I was planning on walking 2 times a day this week anyway.

I also have my Bench and Squat workout tonight so I will weigh in today (but I did not drink enough water yesterday so it will probably be bad lol ) and let you guys know all thats going down later this evening.

Quickxi
06-04-2007, 09:55 AM

Actually my daughter who is only 2 has some issues and the batteries are dead so when itdoesn't work she starts treating it like its Ken Shamrock and she is Tito. So I put it up there till we could get new batteries for it its like witness relocation for her own protection lol.

LMAO! That is funny!

cawiau
06-04-2007, 04:41 PM

LMAOL :D

heathershubby
06-04-2007, 06:03 PM
I just about hit my Aug 1st goal :) thats right in april when I realized that there was no way with my 2.5 months off and balloning back up to 458 lbs from 437 lbs in april I changed my 1 year goal to 52lbs making it a 1 lb a week lose for a year. Today before my workout I weighed myself at work and 438 lbs thats 50lbs 2lbs to go :)

ScottC
06-04-2007, 06:09 PM
...and your own sanity???!!! :eek:

Sometimes I pull a battery and say we don't have anymore so I can have a day or two of peace when he gets on a roll with the toys that make noise. ;)

heathershubby
06-04-2007, 09:12 PM
...and your own sanity???!!! :eek:

Sometimes I pull a battery and say we don't have anymore so I can have a day or two of peace when he gets on a roll with the toys that make noise. ;)

and to also challenge my sanity I posted some updated progress pics :)

Quickxi
06-04-2007, 09:59 PM
love the new avatar! I like your "friend" on your shoulder, lol :D

yioti
06-04-2007, 11:47 PM
you can definitly see the progress in your pics bro! keep at it

ScottC
06-05-2007, 04:44 AM
love the new avatar! I like your "friend" on your shoulder, lol :D
Has anybody ever told you that your daughter looks very similar to Dora the Explorer?

:D

heathershubby
06-05-2007, 12:07 PM
Ok guys here are my fitday pages from June 1st till today. I started the new diet on June first I wrote about it in a previous post. After this one I will post my fitday on the next day.

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s8/heathershubby_01/fitdayjune1st.jpg
http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s8/heathershubby_01/June2nd.jpg
http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s8/heathershubby_01/june3rd.jpg
http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s8/heathershubby_01/June4th.jpg

thundergut
06-05-2007, 12:29 PM
Pretty carb-heavy yesterday bro, how you holding up?

heathershubby
06-05-2007, 12:45 PM
Pretty carb-heavy yesterday bro, how you holding up?

I am holding up great bro. I don't worry about carbs or fat as long as fat is less then 30% and protien is over 200g. I just keep cals under 3000. If I am burning all the cals I take in and more which I am. It is just fine to eat 300 grams of carbs. The whole high protien thing is over rated as far as I am concerned. I know that is like using the lords name in vain out here but I don't really find low carb helpful at all.

I know when I am on a low calorie day I make sure I get my protien but on my high calorie days I feel much more satisfied when I get a good carb load. Again I am burning all the calories on both days so there is no storing of anything. I am walking 3 to 5k a day that is burning anywhere from 300 to 500 cals alone and I hit the weights is only burns more.

I think in a few years carbs are going to be just like fat is now people will be saying there are good carbs and bad carbs jsut eat more good then bad. Ok thats enough of my theories :)

heathershubby
06-05-2007, 12:50 PM
The results were amazing he told my wife that I need a shirt with an S on it lol. I don't remember all the numbers but there was nothing above or below normal everthing was right where is should be. I remember my Blood sugar was 4.5 (metric) this is normal. My good colesteral was 1. somthing and bad was 4. somthing. He showed me some ratio number he said gave the answer of what my risk for a heart attack was <5 is goo >5 risk increases with amount I was 4.6 so perfect.

He said that he would bet money looking at me that I could not have possibly had such good numbers. I am very pleased. He also tested my thyroid and sodium and a hand full of other things that were all normal. I didn't have the $30 ato get a copy of the results and since it will be in my fill I figure no worries for now.

Lager1
06-05-2007, 01:08 PM
The results were amazing he told my wife that I need a shirt with an S on it lol. I don't remember all the numbers but there was nothing above or below normal everthing was right where is should be. I remember my Blood sugar was 4.5 (metric) this is normal. My good colesteral was 1. somthing and bad was 4. somthing. He showed me some ratio number he said gave the answer of what my risk for a heart attack was <5 is goo >5 risk increases with amount I was 4.6 so perfect.

He said that he would bet money looking at me that I could not have possibly had such good numbers. I am very pleased. He also tested my thyroid and sodium and a hand full of other things that were all normal. I didn't have the $30 ato get a copy of the results and since it will be in my fill I figure no worries for now.

Dude that's excellent. How do you feel?

TheKansan
06-05-2007, 02:52 PM

Now thats what I am talking about. The real reason why we do this is our overall health, and the benefits are obvious. I had a similar experience with the doctor. My blood pressure was normal, my blood sugar was normal, my cholesterol was normal, my heartrate was better than normal, and my sodium was actually low. This was a few months back and I still weighed nearly 400 pounds so this astounded the doctor who thought he was going to have to give me the normal speech he gives to fat asses like me. I explained to the doctor then what I was doing and what my overall goals were.

Anyway good luck , btw, I don't worry about macros either. I probably eat more carbs and fats than anyone here yet I have lost consistently for the last 6 months. I am sure it is much more important for those people trying to shed a lot less fat than you and I are trying to lose.

Quickxi
06-05-2007, 06:03 PM
glad those numbers came back good. If they were bad, you could've blamed it on Dora... :D

heathershubby
06-06-2007, 09:06 AM
Dude that's excellent. How do you feel?

I feel great man thanks for asking. Actually I feel so good I am going to attempt the unthinkable today :)

heathershubby
06-06-2007, 09:07 AM
Now thats what I am talking about. The real reason why we do this is our overall health, and the benefits are obvious. I had a similar experience with the doctor. My blood pressure was normal, my blood sugar was normal, my cholesterol was normal, my heartrate was better than normal, and my sodium was actually low. This was a few months back and I still weighed nearly 400 pounds so this astounded the doctor who thought he was going to have to give me the normal speech he gives to fat asses like me. I explained to the doctor then what I was doing and what my overall goals were.

Anyway good luck , btw, I don't worry about macros either. I probably eat more carbs and fats than anyone here yet I have lost consistently for the last 6 months. I am sure it is much more important for those people trying to shed a lot less fat than you and I are trying to lose.

I am sure as some point when we get down into the teens as far as boy fat goes we may need to start worrying a little more but for now I have not had a problem.

heathershubby
06-06-2007, 09:08 AM
glad those numbers came back good. If they were bad, you could've blamed it on Dora... :D

lol only the blood presure lol.

heathershubby
06-06-2007, 09:16 AM
I am just waiting for my wife to wake up and it's on. I am going to try to get 5 laps around my 1k route. If I make it then I will have no doubt that I can do the 5k walk on june 22nd. I had no idea how fast my body would adjust to the walking. The weird thing is that my ankles, knees and back hurt until about half way through the second K.

After the second K I am tired and winded slightly but my body actually starts to feel better like the blood is pumping and I am all warmed up. So last week I went for 3 laps and then a walk to work and it ended up being more then 4k. I was really tired out but I could have kept walking. I was going to wait till this weekend to give the 5k distance a shot but I feel pretty good today so I going to go for it.

I usually walk in the morning before it gets hot but it is almost noon now here and my wife has not woke up yet so I will be bring 2 or 3 bottles of water with me to make sure I stay hydrated. I don't know if the heat and sun will make it harder to walk physically or not but we will see. :)

I will update later.

Here is yesterdays fitday.

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s8/heathershubby_01/june5thfitday.jpg

cawiau
06-06-2007, 11:49 AM
Wish you the best of luck with the 5K. I have no doubts that you can do it.
Just keep the paste slow and it will all be a breaze!!!

heathershubby
06-06-2007, 01:39 PM
Wish you the best of luck with the 5K. I have no doubts that you can do it.
Just keep the paste slow and it will all be a breaze!!!

but my elimination system had other ideas lol

I had to leave and go to a resturant to poop after just 2k so I will just do another 3k with my wife tonight and go for 5k tomorrow :)

heathershubby
06-06-2007, 01:41 PM
436.5 LBS YEAH

OK so I had got down to 437 lbs at christmas but the went back up to 458. Today before my workout I weighed In a a new low of 436.5 lbs. I am so happy. I know I don't have the muscle I had at 437 lbs the first time but I am working on getting that back too. For now though I am very very happy to have lost 52.5 lbs since Aug 1st and this diet is kicking. I really though it would work wonders because it is quite the calorie cut every second day but I am eating every three hours both days and I believe cranking my cals back up every second day and eating every three hours is keeping my metabolism moving at a great pace. All the walking isn't hurting either. My Bench, Barbell Curls are goign up in weight and next week I think it my squats and Bent over row may join them

Good Luck ALL have a good day sorry I have only been posting and not in others journals I am on vacation so not a lot of time on the computer.

cawiau
06-06-2007, 01:56 PM
You are doing good, just keep it going.
We have some ass to kick :D

Quickxi
06-06-2007, 02:04 PM
congrats on the new low! Too bad about your "elimination system" lol! :D

Freddie Beef
06-06-2007, 09:17 PM
Congrats bro!

TheKansan
06-07-2007, 01:45 AM
436.5 LBS YEAH

OK so I had got down to 437 lbs at christmas but the went back up to 458. Today before my workout I weighed In a a new low of 436.5 lbs. I am so happy. I know I don't have the muscle I had at 437 lbs the first time but I am working on getting that back too. For now though I am very very happy to have lost 52.5 lbs since Aug 1st and this diet is kicking. I really though it would work wonders because it is quite the calorie cut every second day but I am eating every three hours both days and I believe cranking my cals back up every second day and eating every three hours is keeping my metabolism moving at a great pace. All the walking isn't hurting either. My Bench, Barbell Curls are goign up in weight and next week I think it my squats and Bent over row may join them

Good Luck ALL have a good day sorry I have only been posting and not in others journals I am on vacation so not a lot of time on the computer.

That great, you are really moving now. Keep up the good work.

thundergut
06-07-2007, 07:07 AM
Milestone! Woot! Congrats HH, remember this feeling man...it'll carry you through some rough times :)

heathershubby
06-07-2007, 09:54 AM
Down another .5 lb today but have a long road trip ahead packing cooler to try and keep it pretty clean. Here is yesterday's fitday I am really low in protien so will be having more protien throughout the day to make sure I am getting enough.

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s8/heathershubby_01/June6thfitday.jpg

heathershubby
06-07-2007, 12:58 PM
OK I went out and walked 3 times around the 3 mile track here is the numbers
with the walk from the car to the track and back to the car when done.

5.47 k or 3.41 miles
8503 steps
Approx 515 cals
and 75 mins of walking.

I feel like a bag of dung I drank water before and after and am about to soak in the tub. It really was not bad at all as far as how much pain I was in when walking I have a feeling I will be real sore tommorow :) I will definatly be healed up by the 22nd though and will do the 5k for sure.

cawiau
06-07-2007, 01:06 PM

5.47 k or 3.41 miles
8503 steps
Approx 515 cals
and 75 mins of walking.

I feel like a bag of dung I drank water before and after and am about to soak in the tub. It really was not bad at all as far as how much pain I was in when walking I have a feeling I will be real sore tommorow :) I will definatly be healed up by the 22nd though and will do the 5k for sure.

I am so proud of you bro, you did it bro
Congratulations!!!

-themask-
06-07-2007, 01:45 PM

5.47 k or 3.41 miles
8503 steps
Approx 515 cals
and 75 mins of walking.

wow very nice job man!
your dedication is an example to us all, what made you decide to start losing weight-when you first started of course? i'm just curious because people like my dad just say "i have no time" and i know it takes some serious balls to step up and actually make time for it and do it so mad props to you!

cornwallus
06-07-2007, 04:59 PM

5.47 k or 3.41 miles
8503 steps
Approx 515 cals
and 75 mins of walking.

getting CLOSER and CLOSER to 399 :D

heathershubby
06-07-2007, 07:31 PM
I tried to rep ya all but I have to spread some around before I get to themask and/or Fred again :)

well I am off to the U.S. of A talk to ya later

Freddie Beef
06-07-2007, 07:31 PM
You Can Do It! You Will Feel So Great Getting Unbder That 400 Mark!

TheKansan
06-07-2007, 08:49 PM

5.47 k or 3.41 miles
8503 steps
Approx 515 cals
and 75 mins of walking.

Think about how hard it was for you to do 1 mile just a few weeks ago. You are making excellent progress.

Quickxi
06-07-2007, 09:18 PM

5.47 k or 3.41 miles
8503 steps
Approx 515 cals
and 75 mins of walking.

WOW! Awesome job man, congrats on the progress. BTW, how exactly does a bag of dung feel? :D Enjoy your trip....

ScottC
06-08-2007, 05:03 AM
WOW! Awesome job man, congrats on the progress. BTW, how exactly does a bag of dung feel? :D Enjoy your trip....
I agree!!!! Keep up the good work John!

Talk to you when I get back. :)

heathershubby
06-11-2007, 09:44 AM
OK vacation is over and I will be doing measurements and weighing in tonight to see what the good news/damage is :). I knew we were going to indiana for the end of the week and that it would be really hard to stick to the diet and working out and I was right. I did bust my ass extra hard before we left and got down to 436 lbs so I guess if I put on 1 or 2 from there I will end up around 438 or 439 lbs when I weigh in today. I know a p[ound or 2 will be gone in a day or 2 cause it will be water weight frokm all the carbs I ate and the fact that I didn't drink any water all weekend. Anyway as I have stated many times this is a long journey and I am happy with where I am today in that journey and that is what is most important.
If I didn't lose anyweight last week I still successfully walked 3.5 miles which is the longest distance I have been able to walk without stopping in at least 3 years. This is a great accomplishment in itself. SPeaking of which I have to get off of here cause me and the family are about to walk right now talk to ya latter from work when I have weighed in :)

Freddie Beef
06-11-2007, 10:19 AM
INDIANA!! Where at?

heathershubby
06-11-2007, 12:47 PM
INDIANA!! Where at?

my wife is from south bend her mom still lives there we will be there for a week in July as well.

heathershubby
06-11-2007, 02:37 PM
Still at 436 lbs today so thats a good thing after 4 days of lose diet and exercise just keeping portions small and choices healthy. I also Benched a new high today 175lbs for 6 reps I could have done 1 or 2 more but I don't have a spotter so I have to edge on the side of being safe.

cawiau
06-11-2007, 02:57 PM
How was vacation?

Quickxi
06-11-2007, 09:38 PM
glad the weight stayed the same, looks like keeping the portions in check worked out pretty well for you. Awesome job on the new personal best on the bench! 175 is pretty nice, conngrats man!

heathershubby
06-12-2007, 02:04 PM
How was vacation?

I am having a crapy day today lol but everyday can't be a great day so I am pushing on.

Sounds like your having a rough one today with the weight being up and all don't let it get ya we get through these days and then when the losses coem we will remember how hard we worked and they will be that much sweater.

heathershubby
06-12-2007, 02:07 PM
glad the weight stayed the same, looks like keeping the portions in check worked out pretty well for you. Awesome job on the new personal best on the bench! 175 is pretty nice, conngrats man!

Yeah I am actually really pleased with the fact that I could keep it steady and such. I was really dehydrated last night I drank a gallon and a half of water and barely went to the bathroom at all. I am still steady today at 436lbs so I needed the water :)

heathershubby
06-12-2007, 02:13 PM
http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s8/heathershubby_01/fitdayjune11th.jpg

cawiau
06-12-2007, 02:14 PM
I am having a crapy day today lol but everyday can't be a great day so I am pushing on.

Sounds like your having a rough one today with the weight being up and all don't let it get ya we get through these days and then when the losses coem we will remember how hard we worked and they will be that much sweater.

Thanks.
I guess there is no easy way to get to your goals and dreams and that is why we appreciate it so much more when we get there.

I am going for legs with a vengeance tonight. :D

cawiau
06-12-2007, 02:17 PM
Yeah I am actually really pleased with the fact that I could keep it steady and such. I was really dehydrated last night I drank a gallon and a half of water and barely went to the bathroom at all. I am still steady today at 436lbs so I needed the water :)

Good!
I was supposed to go to Montreal, Canada with my family on the 27th till the 31rst.
But I am not going because I am don't want to miss any workout days!

heathershubby
06-12-2007, 02:18 PM
Good!
I was supposed to go to Montreal, Canada with my family on the 27th till the 31rst.
But I am not going because I am don't want to miss any workout days!

new york area right????

cawiau
06-12-2007, 02:21 PM
new york area right????

NJ.
The drive took me last time 6 hours.
So this time I was going with my cousin that will do some of the driving.
Haven't decided yet.
Going to call my cousin. If they is no way to work out down there, I am staying. No Canada for me.
My parents, brother and sister and some cousins are going.
Also some uncles and aunts.

heathershubby
06-13-2007, 02:12 PM
I hope you find somewhere it is important to have a life and not put it on hold no matter how bad we want to succeed at this we have to maintain our lives outside of the weight loss battle or we will for sure one day pack in the fight because it is costing us to much of our lives.

heathershubby
06-13-2007, 02:17 PM
I am stuck at 436 lbs for like a week now all together. I am not worried I am eating good and sticking to the plan so I know eventually my body will have to give in. I think it may be because I ate a lot of carbs yesterday and not enough protien ie/ some water weight.

I did walk 3k yesterday and today 45 mins yesterday and 47 mins today. I will be walking in the 5k on June 22nd and doing a few more before the year is done. I also went on line and looked at some "how to train for a marathon" programs and adapted one for walking a half marathon. I will be aiming for nov. I set up a 20 week training program I will paste it when I put it in the computer later.

I am still going to work out 3 times a week nothing will change. I will however be concentrating on the walking part of my program because I have really found that I love walking. I know I can stick to it and it is somthing that my hole family can do together.

Here is my fitday from yesterday. Protien is horrible and cals are a little over I need to add 1 pc of whole wheat with natty p.b. too that I didn't add from last night.

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s8/heathershubby_01/june12th.jpg

cawiau
06-13-2007, 04:23 PM
I hope you find somewhere it is important to have a life and not put it on hold no matter how bad we want to succeed at this we have to maintain our lives outside of the weight loss battle or we will for sure one day pack in the fight because it is costing us to much of our lives.

Intend to do so.
Take care.

Quickxi
06-13-2007, 04:39 PM
congrats on nailing that 3k! Remember when you first started and you could barely make it? Awesome improvement man, you are gonna destroy that 5k! :D

heathershubby
06-13-2007, 06:24 PM
congrats on nailing that 3k! Remember when you first started and you could barely make it? Awesome improvement man, you are gonna destroy that 5k! :D

yeah that was a 1k walk of death lol now I walk 3k and it is not nearly as bad lol progress in the walking is very fast and evident maybe that is hy I like it so much. Even though I have not lost weight the last few days if feels awsome to be able to walk 3k everyday and know I am getting healthier.

heathershubby
06-13-2007, 06:27 PM
If I stick with this and do the half mile then I will switch gears and and be going for a full marathon in the summer. Walking 26 miles seems like somthing I would never have tried. Last August I had to use the electric cart to go around the grocery store now I am walking a minimum of 3k a day. Weight loss or not my life is really different now. I can't wait till I lose another 50 lbs and see wat it is like then.

cawiau
06-13-2007, 09:09 PM
If I stick with this and do the half mile then I will switch gears and and be going for a full marathon in the summer. Walking 26 miles seems like somthing I would never have tried. Last August I had to use the electric cart to go around the grocery store now I am walking a minimum of 3k a day. Weight loss or not my life is really different now. I can't wait till I lose another 50 lbs and see wat it is like then.

Looking good bro, wishing you the best.
I have no doubts you will reach your goals

Freddie Beef
06-13-2007, 09:15 PM
keep it up, I am proud of ya bro! The more you lose the easier it will become, trust me.