PDA

View Full Version : bible trivia

BIONIC MAN
04-27-2004, 07:52 PM
christians and atheists are welcome to answer these, if an atheist does better it will show where us christians stand as far as knowledge. what city did jesus say would be worse off than sodom at judgement day?what disciple was jesus talking about when he said i chose twelve and one is a devil?what disciple walked on water with jesus than asked him to save him?when lazarus died did jesus go to raise him from the dead or wait for him to rot more? was john the baptist kin folk of jesus? what was judas iscariots role and duty of the disciples?what is the difference in the saducees and pharisee,s?how did the apostle paul feel about christianity before his conversion on the damascus road?what was jesus,s first miracle?who is yeshua ? casting lots were what describe?is the constellation orion mentioned in the bible? what did jesus do to the money changers in the temple? what crown was placed on jesus,s head prior to crucfixon?did jesus call the devil ruler of this world?leprosy is what? the prophet balaam had what animal talk to him? GOOD LUCK

blaker00
04-27-2004, 08:05 PM
I think i say this for everyone in this room.

Who Cares.

Jcfreak_02
04-27-2004, 10:35 PM
I think Babalyon. Judas. Apostle Paul. Lazurus waited 3 days before Christ resurrected Lazurus. John the Baptist was Jesus' cousin by relation of Mary and Elizabeth. Judas Iscariot was the Treasurer. Long list the pharasees were a different sect, the more legalistic group that Christ often rebuked, the sadducees were more like a council of elders of the Jews. He persecutted the Christians, including being present at the stoning of Stephen. Jesus turned water into wine at a wedding. One of the names of God. Similar to role a dice to make a decision, when referring to casting lots the decison was seen as the answer the holy spirit had to the question or issue (see casting lots for the discples) or it was a form of gambling (see Roman soldiers casting lots for Christ clothes at the crucifixtion. Never heard of it if it is. He chased them out and quoted how that was a fullfilment of prophecy. Crown of thorns. I think so (trivia does not work with yes or no answers :D). A nervous disease that people loose feeling and are unable to notice their wounds and thus appear to have skin diseases. Balaam the false prophet was spoken to by one of the seven headed beasts I think.

I did not look any of these up so they are not all correct.

Lynne
04-28-2004, 07:00 AM
Originally posted by Jcfreak_02
I think Babalyon. Judas. Apostle Paul. Lazurus waited 3 days before Christ resurrected Lazurus. John the Baptist was Jesus' cousin by relation of Mary and Elizabeth. Judas Iscariot was the Treasurer. Long list the pharasees were a different sect, the more legalistic group that Christ often rebuked, the sadducees were more like a council of elders of the Jews. He persecutted the Christians, including being present at the stoning of Stephen. Jesus turned water into wine at a wedding. One of the names of God. Similar to role a dice to make a decision, when referring to casting lots the decison was seen as the answer the holy spirit had to the question or issue (see casting lots for the discples) or it was a form of gambling (see Roman soldiers casting lots for Christ clothes at the crucifixtion. Never heard of it if it is. He chased them out and quoted how that was a fullfilment of prophecy. Crown of thorns. I think so (trivia does not work with yes or no answers :D). A nervous disease that people loose feeling and are unable to notice their wounds and thus appear to have skin diseases. Balaam the false prophet was spoken to by one of the seven headed beasts I think.

I did not look any of these up so they are not all correct.

Balaam was spoken to by an ass! Lynne

Guess what, the bible also speaks of the earth being a sphere. The circle of the earth....

Jcfreak_02
04-28-2004, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by Lynne
Balaam was spoken to by an ass! Lynne

Guess what, the bible also speaks of the earth being a sphere. The circle of the earth.... Thanks Lynn I knew I was off on that one.

BIONIC MAN
04-28-2004, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by Jcfreak_02

I did not look any of these up so they are not all correct. so far your winning!!!! yes lynne is right on animal the pharisee,s believed in angels and an afterlife the saducees did not believe in anything but present life like atheist but they did believe in morals and god.jesus rebuked pharisee,s becuase they quoted bible chapter and verse but still did not understand what there were reading [interpretation].paul was a devout jew who stoned and killed christians through his ok,ing it . he was after more christians when he was converted. lots is like dice, yes jesus,s mother requested he make more wine for a wedding party. jesus beat the moneychangers and forced them out of the temple they were defiling it. lazarus was left to rot becuase jesus knew that the jews believed the soul hovered close to body so jesus waited until there was no way his miracle could be refuted than raised lazarus from the dead while he was stinkin and rotten . thats right john was kin to jesus and he was born to an older woman who had never had a child . john was ELIJAH returned yes CAPERNUM IS CITY WORSE THAN SODOM