PDA

View Full Version : Discrimination.

Smitty26
04-26-2004, 03:28 PM
sorry, i have a broken arm so excuse the bad punctuation or typos

here in canada theres hockey tournaments that only native peoples can particiapate in.

i dont see how this is right, eve n though they are the minority...people would find it wropng if i started an all white thournameny or league, right.

also if black people have paceful black marches etc why cant whites do the same to find pride in their roots?

im not racict just been thinking about how thre public would veiw this as wrong for whites even though other races do it often.

agree or disagree?

BigKazWSM747
04-26-2004, 03:30 PM
The way to end discrimination is to be color blind not to favor one sect of people over another simply because of skin color or race.

Of course is this tournament in question a public tournament or a private one?

Smitty26
04-26-2004, 03:36 PM
its called little NHL. there is also the aborigional games thing where u must have a status card to tryout for the team.

i used to plsy hopckey on an imdian reserve and my teammates got to go up north to Sudbury or wherever the touney was held but i couldnt.

doesnt bother me but we're learning about rights in civics class an i think its against the canadian charter.

BigKazWSM747
04-26-2004, 03:43 PM
Well if it is a private tourney then they would have the right to invite anyone that they wanted. A public tournament would seem to be another matter entirely.

With that said about the private tournament you would still naturally have the right to petition for them to change the rules but you couldn't force them to. And in most cases when their is enough outcry against something considered immoral the group in question will change due to popular pressure although they were not ordered by the government to do so.

Thats how I would see it in the states at least.

15u
04-26-2004, 05:16 PM
theres a public school in hawaii for hawaain people only. i think the school is partially funded privately, but some money comes from the state i think. i know its free to any hawaiin who can pass a pretty easy test.

Jcfreak_02
04-26-2004, 07:23 PM
Hmmm, right or wrong to be able to tell different amounts of melanonin in the skin? I don't think so. Is it wrong to treat someone differently for that reason, IMO most defineitly, doesn't matter if it is a positive form or negative I find racial discrimination to be wrong. Treat people as people, treat them differently on who they are not what they are or how they look.