PDA

View Full Version : Bible Verses

manchoman
04-25-2004, 05:54 PM
Now, for those of you who are Christians, do you have any Bible verses that keep you motivated in your darkest times?

Pydo
04-25-2004, 05:59 PM
im athiest, but why do you need bible verses
i dont remember moses pumping iron or jesus repping the cross

:D:D i am so going to hell

manchoman
04-25-2004, 06:04 PM
dude, if you were a Christian, you would understand. Whenever you feel like you can't go on, in any aspect of life, rather it be happiness, friends, sports, school, etc.

glk19
04-25-2004, 06:12 PM
well theres a few i know of off the top of my head that may help ya. what problems do you have?

BIONIC MAN
04-25-2004, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by Pydo
im athiest, but why do you need bible verses
i dont remember moses pumping iron or jesus repping the cross

:D:D i am so going to hell jesus was a carpenter before they had dewalt nail guns , have you ever seen the forearms on construction workers. and jesus carried the cross the instrument of his torture, liberals would cry bloody murder of death row inmates carried there electric chairs up a mountain before ELECTROCUTION. and moses stood up to pharoah a man who could have anything even someones HEAD so these guys were not weaklings i assure you. think about sampson he tore the doors off of a city and carried them up and layed them down to be viewed by all the occupants of the city. and king david slew GOLIATH he was 9 feet tall , david fought a bear and lion. MEN OF THE BIBLE WERE REAL MEN

egon
04-25-2004, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by manchoman
Now, for those of you who are Christians, do you have any Bible verses that keep you motivated in your darkest times?

the entire book of job

Ruthless4Life
04-25-2004, 07:04 PM
Lord, I feel.....

Beaten...yet You have made me more than a conqueror (Rom 8:37).

Bound....yet You are my deliverer (Rom 11:26).

Confused....yet You are my counselor (Isa 9:6).

A failure....yet You have made me an overcomer (1 Jn 5:4).

Fearful....yet You did not give me a spirit of fear, but of power, of love, and of a sound mind (2 Tim 1:7).

Friendless....yet You are a friend who sticks closer to me than a brother (Prov 18:24).

In darkness....yet You are a light unto my path and a lamp unto my feet (Ps 119:105).

Lonely.....yet You promised never to leave me nor forsake me (Heb 13:5).

Misjudged....yet I'm accepted and approved by You (Eph 1:4).

Poor....yet You supply all my need according to Your riches in glory (Phil 4:19).

Sick....yet You are the Lord who heals all my diseases (Ps 103:3).

Troubled....yet You are my peace (Jn 14:27).

Unclean....yet You are the purifier and refiner of my life (Mal 3:3).

Vulnerable....yet You are my strength and my strong tower (Ps 18:2).

Worthless....yet You see me as a pearl of great price (Matt 13:46).

http://psalm121.ca/verses.html

Quantum_Man
04-25-2004, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by egon
the entire book of job

Yes definitely Job. Also John 6:37-39 (with my own emphasis :D) -

37All that the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never drive away. 38For I have come down from heaven not to do my will but to do the will of him who sent me. 39And this is the will of him who sent me, that I shall lose none of all that he has given me, but raise them up at the last day.

Jcfreak_02
04-26-2004, 12:40 AM
I always like Romans and 1 Corinthians, specifics... I don't like to read single versus becuase I feel they are greatly underemphasized by removing them from context. More general chapters, Romans 8, Romans 12, James 1, and Romans 6.

wildman536
04-26-2004, 12:53 AM
"Be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes." -- Ephesians 6:10 and 11

wildman536
04-26-2004, 12:57 AM
"I can do everything through him who gives me strength."
-Philippians 4:13

"This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers." -- 1 John 3:16

"I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me." -- Galatians 2:20

JohnnyLaw
04-26-2004, 04:06 AM
"The LORD is a warrior, the LORD is His name"

.aeterna
04-26-2004, 05:01 AM
Originally posted by wildman536
"I can do everything through him who gives me strength."
-Philippians 4:13

"This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers." -- 1 John 3:16

"I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me." -- Galatians 2:20

Big ass bump on Philippians 4:13. I recite it like 10 times before every lifting session :]

JC-orginalbdass
04-26-2004, 05:26 AM
1 James, vs. 2,3

Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance.

jake24
04-26-2004, 08:01 AM
one of my favorites philliphians 4:13

Quantum_Man
04-26-2004, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by JC-orginalbdass
1 James, vs. 2,3

Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance.

That's a good one. :)

matpal
04-26-2004, 09:24 AM
Psalm 30

1 I will exalt you, O LORD ,
for you lifted me out of the depths
and did not let my enemies gloat over me.
2 O LORD my God, I called to you for help
and you healed me.
3 O LORD , you brought me up from the grave [2] ;
you spared me from going down into the pit.

4 Sing to the LORD , you saints of his;
praise his holy name.
5 For his anger lasts only a moment,
but his favor lasts a lifetime;
weeping may remain for a night,
but rejoicing comes in the morning.

6 When I felt secure, I said,
"I will never be shaken."
7 O LORD , when you favored me,
you made my mountain [3] stand firm;
but when you hid your face,
I was dismayed.

8 To you, O LORD , I called;
to the Lord I cried for mercy:
9 "What gain is there in my destruction, [4]
in my going down into the pit?
Will the dust praise you?
Will it proclaim your faithfulness?
10 Hear, O LORD , and be merciful to me;
O LORD , be my help."

11 You turned my wailing into dancing;
you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy,
12 that my heart may sing to you and not be silent.
O LORD my God, I will give you thanks forever.

Lynne
04-26-2004, 11:04 AM
Romans 5:8 “But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.”

This reminds me that no matter how deeply I have sinned or do sin, there is one person Who loves me, and that Is God. If He is for us, who can be against us? I believe that God is the only person in the universe Who really loves me. I don't believe that anyone else does. I know that if I had been the only person on earth, that He would have become incarnate to save me. That is the ONLY thing that keeps me going. People will fail us. I don't expect perfection from anyone, but the one thing I desperately want is to be loved and I believe that God is the only One capable of truly loving me.
Lynne

fmusclekg
04-26-2004, 06:42 PM
Psalms 37:10,11

10_And just a little while longer, and the wicked one will be no more;
And you will certainly give attention to his place, and he will not be.
11_But the meek ones themselves will possess the earth,
And they will indeed find their exquisite delight in the abundance of peace.

Psalms 37:29

29_The righteous themselves will possess the earth,
And they will reside forever upon it.

Proberbs 2:21-22

21_For the upright are the ones that will reside in the earth, and the blameless are the ones that will be left over in it. 22_As regards the wicked, they will be cut off from the very earth; and as for the treacherous, they will be torn away from it.

BIONIC MAN
04-26-2004, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by BIONIC MAN
jesus was a carpenter before they had dewalt nail guns , have you ever seen the forearms on construction workers. and jesus carried the cross the instrument of his torture, liberals would cry bloody murder of death row inmates carried there electric chairs up a mountain before ELECTROCUTION. and moses stood up to pharoah a man who could have anything even someones HEAD so these guys were not weaklings i assure you. think about sampson he tore the doors off of a city and carried them up and layed them down to be viewed by all the occupants of the city. and king david slew GOLIATH he was 9 feet tall , david fought a bear and lion. MEN OF THE BIBLE WERE REAL MEN my favorite quote in the bible is -one day we will be joint heirs with christ if you know what a joint heir is you can understand my excitement.

Heavily Armed
04-27-2004, 06:49 AM
I like to keep perspective. "For what does it profit a man, if he gain the whole world but lose his own soul? And what shall he give in exchange for his soul?" Matthew 16:26

jake24
04-27-2004, 08:22 AM
my favorite quote in the bible is -one day we will be joint heirs with christ if you know what a joint heir is you can understand my excitement. that is very exiting!!!

fmusclekg
04-27-2004, 06:58 PM
2 Timothy 3:1-5

3 But know this, that in the last days critical times hard to deal with will be here. 2_For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, self-assuming, haughty, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, disloyal, 3_having no natural affection, not open to any agreement, slanderers, without self-control, fierce, without love of goodness, 4_betrayers, headstrong, puffed up [with pride], lovers of pleasures rather than lovers of God, 5_having a form of godly devotion but proving false to its power; and from these turn away.

.aeterna
04-28-2004, 05:22 AM
Originally posted by Heavily Armed
I like to keep perspective. "For what does it profit a man, if he gain the whole world but lose his own soul? And what shall he give in exchange for his soul?" Matthew 16:26

Very nice :] I'm gonna tab that in my bible.

Jcfreak_02
04-28-2004, 10:29 AM
jesus was a carpenter before they had dewalt nail guns , have you ever seen the forearms on construction workers. and jesus carried the cross the instrument of his torture, liberals would cry bloody murder of death row inmates carried there electric chairs up a mountain before ELECTROCUTION. and moses stood up to pharoah a man who could have anything even someones HEAD so these guys were not weaklings i assure you. think about sampson he tore the doors off of a city and carried them up and layed them down to be viewed by all the occupants of the city. and king david slew GOLIATH he was 9 feet tall , david fought a bear and lion. MEN OF THE BIBLE WERE REAL MEN Looks like someone read Wild At Heart :D Excellent read.