PDA

View Full Version : Starvation??

wildman536
04-24-2004, 06:22 PM
i swear everytime i Eat i am Hungry right the second after i put the Fork Down. (lol) i am NEVER even Satisfied (not trying to get Full but) just Satisfied like i Ate Something.

Now i have a Set Diet and Routine just am wondering if i need to Just Eat?? i Mean i already Hit my Cals, but Right After i Eat i look at the Rest of the Food and think about Eating More.

I just Set the Timer and go 2 More Hrs.

(Maybe i just need to Binge Out One Day)

I can Eat until im Sick and then 2 Hrs Later go for another Round.

HELP!!

sidewinda
04-24-2004, 06:33 PM
I was thinking about that today too... what does it mean when I'm hungry? Because I'll eat something, feel content for maybe 5-10 minutes, and be hungry again. I know that I'm eating maintenance/over what I should be, but I'm still hungry. I drink water, chew gum, all that good stuff, but should I be eating more?

wildman536
04-24-2004, 06:36 PM
i Feel ya bro. Its like i can Eat a TON of Food and then 5 Mins Later Eat Again.

lol.

user34566548717114
04-24-2004, 06:44 PM
yup i have the same problem

jinkk
04-24-2004, 07:01 PM
same problem here too,

only thing that worx for me is to stay away from the foods i like,

if your hungry eat alot of brocoli and cauli, spinach and kale- its the only thing i feel safe in over eating- cuz its relatively the best food calorie wise and nutriotionally wise to fillup on.

peace.

p.s if your not cuttin, do a zigzag diet, 3 days low cal, 2 days high cal n repeat- just make sure your weekly calories are low enough that your not way under/overeating.

wildman536
04-24-2004, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by jinkk

if your hungry eat alot of brocoli and cauli, spinach and kale- its the only thing i feel safe in over eating- cuz its relatively the best food calorie wise and nutriotionally wise to fillup on.

I get the Weird Eye when i go to The Grocery Store because i buy so Much Broc/Cauliflower (Family Sized)

jinkk
04-24-2004, 07:12 PM
right on wildman!!!!!

today I visted the familia, and like I was helpin prep lunch, and there was fresh cauliflower, I just got right into it- wasnt bitter or anything- its the sh*t man and you know it helps when its good for you.

ive also noticed if im going to refeed, when I hit the oats I always get a leaner waistline the next morning, screw all the micky d's n cookies, real food is the best

keep on rawkin bro,

wildman536
04-24-2004, 07:14 PM
Bump on the Oats!!

I know How you Feel about the Leaner Look After a ReFeed.

TeamRamrod
04-24-2004, 07:26 PM
Some things i can suggest, that i use to curb hunger when cutting.

1)If its real bad, ill pound a diet soda instantly after my meal. Granted it gives u a bloated feeling, which no one likes, ESPECIALLY while cutting, but it goes away and in the mean time u dont feel like eating sh*t.

2)Sugar free popsicles

3)Sugar free jello. There is no limit to how much of this u can eat. Its great, it fills u up, and it wont put a dent in ur diet progress.

~TR

damone
04-24-2004, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by sidewinda
I drink water, chew gum

wouldn't chewing gum make u hungrier? i was told that just by chewing on anything your stomach expects food to be coming in so it goes to work.

Pump that iron!
04-24-2004, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by TeamRamrod

1)If its real bad, ill pound a diet soda instantly after my meal. Granted it gives u a bloated feeling, which no one likes, ESPECIALLY while cutting, but it goes away and in the mean time u dont feel like eating sh*t.

2)Sugar free popsicles

3)Sugar free jello. There is no limit to how much of this u can eat. Its great, it fills u up, and it wont put a dent in ur diet progress.

~TR

I am going to put a HUGE BUMP for this. Diet soda has been my saviour.

Painkiller
04-24-2004, 08:01 PM
Don't overdo it with the diet sodas bro..aspartame/splenda etc aren't good for you in the long run

jinkk
04-24-2004, 08:03 PM
chewin gum sucks

sugar free crap is just a replacement,

i use to do it alot, i got better results from grabbing my nuts n drinking water(if at work), goin out n doin something(if im not at work)

but of course gettin laid is what I recomend- youll burn more calories- I promise ya

but then again, gettin some- is my answer to everything

wildman536
04-24-2004, 08:08 PM

2)Sugar free popsicles

~TR Bump Again!!

DogCat
04-24-2004, 11:20 PM
You may have a worm infection. It's not as rare as people think.

Need 2Whey more
04-24-2004, 11:50 PM
I heard that aswell about chewing gum. I just keep feeding my arse, same looks when I go grocery shopping to buy egg whites, almonds by bulk and other food. They must think I'm a compulsive eater but I don't care.

I've been nick named the bottom less pit by family and friends.

Brosef
04-25-2004, 12:09 AM

Oh, but there is a limit. Judging by fitday.com, a pack has 7 cals (not 10 like it says on the package), so 10 packs would add up anywhere from 70 to 100 cals. But they are all empty cals, though. I still can never get enough jello.

wildman536
04-25-2004, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by Need 2Whey more
I heard that aswell about chewing gum. I just keep feeding my arse, same looks when I go grocery shopping to buy egg whites, almonds by bulk and other food. They must think I'm a compulsive eater but I don't care.

oh yeah Them Too!!lol.

LordNeon
04-25-2004, 12:35 AM
I have the same problem - I'm never, ever full. The only things that have ever filled me up well are (1) full-fat ice cream and (2) beans. One of these is, of course, much better for you than the other.

Atavis
04-25-2004, 12:38 AM
Bump on the broc and veggies.

Eat a salad bowl full and you won't be hungry for at least an hour :)

sidewinda
04-25-2004, 05:26 AM
I'm still in school, so while I'm there during the day, I can only eat what I pack, by virtue of its existence. Over the weekend, though, when I'm doing homework or just hanging around the house, it's so hard to control the eating with all that food sitting in the kitchen... :o

speciallyblende
04-25-2004, 07:54 AM
diet pop has been the answer for me! i have to control myself tho sometimes cuz it's not overly bad for me, and that idea gets a little carried away!

as for getting weird looks in the grocery store i get that all the time! hahaha. i usually go like every 3 days, but yesterday i just got everything for the week. 10 cans of tuna, 8 cans of mix veggies, 8 cans of green beans, salsa, 6 yogurts, and some other stuff. the cashiers look at u like "wtf?" that's why i use the self-scan! lol

Loose Cannon
04-25-2004, 08:08 AM
Originally posted by speciallyblende
diet pop has been the answer for me! i have to control myself tho sometimes cuz it's not overly bad for me, and that idea gets a little carried away!

as for getting weird looks in the grocery store i get that all the time! hahaha. i usually go like every 3 days, but yesterday i just got everything for the week. 10 cans of tuna, 8 cans of mix veggies, 8 cans of green beans, salsa, 6 yogurts, and some other stuff. the cashiers look at u like "wtf?" that's why i use the self-scan! lol

bump on the self scan!! is it albersons? i still get weird looks when i have the big 5 dozen egg container, 10 gallon sized waters, 3-4 packs of chicken and 3lbs of broccoli! :D

speciallyblende
04-25-2004, 08:14 AM
hahaha, ya i buy like 5 cartons of egg whites, and they're like "huh", but then i look in their cart...chips, cookies, regular pop, etc. no, it's loblaws, i live in Canada, and there's no albertson's here...but i heard it's a good store.

sonicasian
04-25-2004, 08:20 AM
add some fat into your meals.
examples, udos choice oil blend, peanuts, almonds, cashews
this will slow down digestion and makeyou feel fuller

Loose Cannon
04-25-2004, 08:46 AM
hahaha, ya i buy like 5 cartons of egg whites, and they're like "huh", but then i look in their cart...chips, cookies, regular pop, etc. no, it's loblaws, i live in Canada, and there's no albertson's here...but i heard it's a good store.

cool i guess the self check thing is catchin on...it just shows a monkey can do there job! i asked why the self scan was down one morning the checker got all mad saying its taking jobs...i felt like calling that fat grumping b!tch a monkey! lmao...

Cardinal
04-25-2004, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by wildman536
i swear everytime i Eat i am Hungry right the second after i put the Fork Down. (lol) i am NEVER even Satisfied (not trying to get Full but) just Satisfied like i Ate Something.

Now i have a Set Diet and Routine just am wondering if i need to Just Eat?? i Mean i already Hit my Cals, but Right After i Eat i look at the Rest of the Food and think about Eating More.

I just Set the Timer and go 2 More Hrs.

I can Eat until im Sick and then 2 Hrs Later go for another Round.

I have tried setting the timer too during my first bulk. Didn't do anything for the hunger or help me restrict cals enough for bulking either, haha.

I tried eating a metric assload of vegetables. 7-10 lbs per day. Good cutting plan, but I ended up with IBS for my efforts. I was still hungry most of the time. It was just volume limiting. In my idiocy I figured this would be safe and healthy. Man was I wrong. My eating capacity got the best of me.

Lately, I have found eating a really simple diet, and doing whatever I can to keep insulin stable and low (cutting) seems to help. Calories, I need to keep up to at least 10xBW it seems to avoid going insane.

Whey shakes with a lot of psyllium and noncaloric BSL flavoring pouches have been a lifesaver for me. I can get by without most diet aids like soda/sf jello using this trick.

Finally, just eliminating foods that induce cravings based on flavor alone can help a great deal.

Cardinal

No Sents
04-25-2004, 09:34 AM
I like sunflower seeds! :D

wildman536
04-25-2004, 10:01 AM
so i guess Its not just me then!!lol.

speciallyblende
04-25-2004, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by Cardinal
I have tried setting the timer too during my first bulk. Didn't do anything for the hunger or help me restrict cals enough for bulking either, haha.

I tried eating a metric assload of vegetables. 7-10 lbs per day. Good cutting plan, but I ended up with IBS for my efforts. I was still hungry most of the time. It was just volume limiting. In my idiocy I figured this would be safe and healthy. Man was I wrong. My eating capacity got the best of me.

Lately, I have found eating a really simple diet, and doing whatever I can to keep insulin stable and low (cutting) seems to help. Calories, I need to keep up to at least 10xBW it seems to avoid going insane.

Whey shakes with a lot of psyllium and noncaloric BSL flavoring pouches have been a lifesaver for me. I can get by without most diet aids like soda/sf jello using this trick.

Finally, just eliminating foods that induce cravings based on flavor alone can help a great deal.

Cardinal

what IBS?

sidewinda
04-25-2004, 10:17 AM
You're def not alone, bro lol

Cardinal
04-25-2004, 10:23 AM
IBS = Irritable Bowel Syndrome. Tough thing to diagnose. A lot of other types of digestive disorders are closely related to this.

My system tolerates most vegetables very poorly now. To compensate I am using some NOW products, their veggie carotenoids and phyto foods along with my daily multi and extra antioxidants. Funny thing is, assuming some of this stuff is actually absorbed, I am probably getting more nutrients than I ever could have through diet alone.

speciallyblende
04-25-2004, 10:24 AM
lol thnx, that's what i thought it meant

wildman536
04-25-2004, 10:26 AM
Whats really crazy is that i live in a Barracks (ARMY) and i see the same people Day In and Day Out, they see me go to the Grocery Store like Every Other Day. I ALWAYS get asked Why i Eat so Much!! ALWAYS!!

Or if somebody gets Hungry they come to my Room THINKING ill Give em Food. Yeah Right!!

speciallyblende
04-25-2004, 10:28 AM
hahaha at my house i stock up and put everything in the cupboard, but when someone eats my food i get so mad!! but if i like put it away somewhere and someone finds it, they're like "what are you hiding this for?"...SO YOU DON'T EAT IT! lol

wildman536
04-25-2004, 10:38 AM
hahaha at my house i stock up and put everything in the cupboard, but when someone eats my food i get so mad!! but if i like put it away somewhere and someone finds it, they're like "what are you hiding this for?"...SO YOU DON'T EAT IT! lol Im telling ya. Then when theyre not Hungry they say that all we Eat is Food that Tastes like Crap.

Go Figure.

Cardinal
04-25-2004, 10:42 AM
In general, people have such small appetites and are too lazy too cook anything. It usually isn't a problem for me. If their life depended on it, they couldn't put the smallest dent in one of my 25 lb sacks of oatmeal. As long as I keep the meat frozen, it will stay there indefinitely until I decide to cook it up.

Same goes with my whey. I am not concerned about that sack disappearing as I don't think anyone would bother trying to transport 50 lbs of protein.

Leave a cheap stash of junk food in plain site and then you really have nothing to worry about. It will always go first.

speciallyblende
04-25-2004, 11:18 AM
so very true!

Todd84
04-25-2004, 05:56 PM
Bump on the weekend being tough. All that food, no classes. However, I think that I am motivated to go to the library and do homework just to get away from it sometimes. So it helps in an odd way..

speciallyblende
04-25-2004, 06:37 PM
ya during the week it's easy cuz i'm on a set schedule with school and everything, but the weekend is tough. i couldn't wait for my cheat meal on saturday, so friday after i worked out...i pigged out! lol

speciallyblende
04-25-2004, 06:38 PM
but then the rest of the weekend was back to dieting =(

p.s., how do u get the message icons where u want them in the post?

Hort
04-25-2004, 07:03 PM
It hasn't been mentioned enough- THIRST. The body often mistakes HUNGER for THIRST.

Make sure your taking in enough water (that's one gallon a day for me).

speciallyblende
04-25-2004, 07:05 PM
i try to drink as much water as possible throughout the day. i guzzle it down in the first part of my workout because i mix 1.5 litres of water with a packet of sugar free kool aid. man that stuff is gooooooood!!! and only 2 cals per cup!

speciallyblende
04-25-2004, 07:07 PM
but when i cheat i consume a ton more liquids. it's weird tho, because when i eat clean i crave pop, which i drink quite a bit of diet pop, but when i cheat, all i crave is water. weird?!

PumpenIron
04-26-2004, 06:54 AM
When your eating you dont know it but you really are full. Try this, eat to the point where your somewhat satisfied, get away from the table and food, have a glass of water and in 15- 20 minutes time you should feel satisfied. If you start eating less your body will need less to fill up, so start eating 6 smaller meals and you should be full untill the next meal or snack. If your use to eating 3 huge meals you body will expect three huge meals and wont get full with anything less. Dont go from having say 2 steaks and to cups of rice to one steak and one rice. Cut back to 1 1/2 steaks and 1 1/2 cups of rice and work your way down, trust me it will work. Iv been eating 6 meals a day for a long time now and i must admit that I do get hungryer sooner but I dont need much to get full, iv even supprised myself .

jinkk
04-26-2004, 08:46 PM
hmmmm eat till satisfied,

thats tough, youve got to be disciplined....almost tortue, to like you know stop eating something when your on a diet especially if its like you know calorie dense or empty calories like most temptin things are,

seriouslly the only way to get threw a (2 month plus)cutting diet(on a crap metobolism n big appetite) is to plan out your basic menu n fallow it threw n dont deviate, if your hungry.....well thats unfortunate but youve got to be strong.

im doin alot of chef work right now, so ive got fresh dairy cheeses n compot's of a variey of fruits n i spend hours putting together individual tarts, cheescakes, raviolies n plus the lunches of gourmet pizzas, curries, casseroles n pies.....n the easily available crisps, chips n sweets(all free, cuz i work hard)

and out of the whole restaurant day in n day out, everyones goin hardcore bechamel this, lasagne that, whilst im sittin there eatin a bowl of veges n skinless chicken breasts n egg whites....but its cool- you know

youll get the better threw failure- or youll give up- the choice is yours really- just go hard!!!

stay cool people

jinkk
04-26-2004, 08:46 PM
hmmmm eat till satisfied,

thats tough, youve got to be disciplined....almost tortue, to like you know stop eating something when your on a diet especially if its like you know calorie dense or empty calories like most temptin things are,

seriouslly the only way to get threw a (2 month plus)cutting diet(on a crap metobolism n big appetite) is to plan out your basic menu n fallow it threw n dont deviate, if your hungry.....well thats unfortunate but youve got to be strong.

im doin alot of chef work right now, so ive got fresh dairy cheeses n compot's of a variey of fruits n i spend hours putting together individual tarts, cheescakes, raviolies n plus the lunches of gourmet pizzas, curries, casseroles n pies.....n the easily available crisps, chips n sweets(all free, cuz i work hard)

and out of the whole restaurant day in n day out, everyones goin hardcore bechamel this, lasagne that, whilst im sittin there eatin a bowl of veges n skinless chicken breasts n egg whites....but its cool- you know

youll get the better threw failure- or youll give up- the choice is yours really- just go hard!!!

stay cool people