PDA

View Full Version : Jay's cut log.....

phillepe
05-06-2007, 01:18 PM
Hey everyone.... this is my first log so hear me out. Here's some info to let you know where I am thus far.... I'm currently 213-215 during the day. When I started, I was 234. So weightloss has happened. With that being said, I haven't lost this troublesome stomach I have aquired over the years. I also hurt my knee, hindering my cardio. When I hurt my knee I decided to start lifting weights, with the help of a friend. To my suprise, I continued to lose the pounds. Now I'm 13 pounds away from my goal and I feel the need to change it up again. I'm 5'11" with about a 39" waist. I feel that I look fat. I have love handles and I really want to lose them. So this log and motivation from my friend is what is going to help my achive my goal. I want to lose 4" off my gut, and reach my goal of 200lbs. Oh and I got 90 days to achive this. I really want to get rid of this spare tire I carry around so I look good for my wife when we go on vacation when i get home. Any opinions or suggestions are helpful. thanks, and stay tuned.

phillepe
05-06-2007, 01:29 PM
So with my workouts being fairly difficult, I'm also using a few supplements. Here's a list:

Lipo-6
TKE Joint Boost
Higher Power chromium picolinate
ON 100% whey
One-a-day multivitamin

phillepe
05-06-2007, 02:46 PM
when I first started my journey, all I was doing was running my ass off. Making me skinny fat. My legs were looking great, arms slimmed down, but spare tire was still there. Then I hurt my knee. I actually hurt it a few years ago, just this time it was pretty bad. On cruches for a week, and unable to run ever since. It has been a month since I hurt it, and now it feels almost OK. I have been attending physical therapy, and been doing these exercises that my doc precribed. I feel like its getting stronger, but when I workout for a while or get on the elipitical, it shakes because its still weak. But I still believe I'm making progress. I hope to achive my goals and maintain them afterwards. Does anyone have any suggestions or comments that can help me? let me know....

phillepe
05-06-2007, 05:19 PM
Just got done with the first workout trying to emphasize on abs, along with my regular workout. So here's a breakdown:
Shoulder Shrugs X 4
Bike Crunches X 3
Arm Extensions X 4
Crunch Machine X 3
Dumbbell overhead Press X 4
Plate Twist 20lbs X 3
Machine Shoulder Press X4
Hanging Leg Raise X 3

I feel dead..... but it's mainly my shoulders. My abs feel ok. I figured I would start slow for the first 4-5 days, then get alot harder. Tomorrow is Back and Bi's. I already have another set of ab exercises for tomorrow, so here comes the pain.

phillepe
05-07-2007, 05:24 PM
here's today's workout:

preacher curls X 4
Decline rev. crunches X 3
pull ups (assisted) X 4
Side Crunches X 3
Standing rev. curl X 4
Regular Crunches X 3
Back Row X 4
Side Bend X 3
Standing Curl X 2
Bent over Row X 2

Great workout, was moving quick inbetween exercises. Alot of sweating, almost cardio like. Tomorrow is Tri's and Chest. happy days....

phillepe
05-08-2007, 06:28 PM
today's workout was awesome. Meaning I feel very tired right now, but in a good way. Here's what we did:

Dumbbell benchpress X 5
Crunch Machine X 3
Tri ext w/ curlbar X 4
Hanging Leg Raise X 3 (didn't really feel effective)
Fly's X 4
Bike Crunch X 3
Incline Dumbbell press X 4
Crunch Machine X 3 (just because I didn't feel hanging leg raises did anything)
Dips (assisted) X 4
Decline Rev. Crunch X 3

Felt great today, tomorrow is shoulders, with some cardio and legs. Can't wait!

phillepe
05-09-2007, 06:40 PM
here's today's workout:

Ran for 20mins
crunch machine X 3
side crunch X 3
Stair machine for 20mins

Very light day for me today. I wanted to run a little, just to feel how strong the knee is. I know it still needs alot of work. No leg workout today, but I got physical therapy tomorrow.

phillepe
05-10-2007, 07:43 AM
good news!!! Dr. says the knee is alot stronger than it used to be and I was cleared to start "jogging"! I'm so happy about that! So now I can stick some good cardio on top of my workouts. I hope this will increase the weight loss.

cawiau
05-10-2007, 08:20 AM
Keep up the good work, you seem to be doing just fine.

Happy to know you can now do cardio again...and yes, it will help increase the weight loss rate.

thundergut
05-10-2007, 08:23 AM
The belly is notorious for being the last place to lose fat. Just keep up the cardio and it'll happen. If it's a water issue, maybe monitor your sodium intake. Aside from that, keep rockin! :)

SkinnyDip
05-10-2007, 08:30 AM
Keep at it, you are doing great. Also, when is the weigh in day/measurements?

phillepe
05-10-2007, 10:48 AM
Thanks everyone for the encouraging words. I really appreciate it. My day for the last weight in is the end of July. That's when I'll be getting home from here....

phillepe
05-10-2007, 06:26 PM
Today's workout:

2miles 20mins on treadmill
Reg Crunches X 3
Side Crunches X 3
Leg lifts (abs) X 3
Shoulder machine X 4
overhead press X 4

Good workout if not for being short. But effective.

-Aaron-
05-10-2007, 08:46 PM
Any diet record?

phillepe
05-11-2007, 11:40 AM
as for my diet, its pretty much the same everyday. I'm currently deployed so not much of a selection for foods. Here's my meal breakdown:

Breakfast:
salad w/ sliced carrots, lettuce, celery,cheese, some kind of dressing
Chicken breast
Juice (usually grape or apple)

Snack:
ON whey protein shake

Lunch:
Either Egg w/ cheese, sausage on eng. muffin
or Chicken breast w/ salad

Post Workout:
Protein Shake

Dinner:
2-3 Boiled eggs
Egg w/ cheese sausage on eng. muffin

Sometimes I feel very full, and sometimes I'm starving with this diet. Any suggestions?

phillepe
05-11-2007, 11:41 AM
By the way.... I don't mind chicken and eggs everyday. I know I need more veggies though.

phillepe
05-12-2007, 02:47 PM
Just got done with an early workout!

Preacher curls X 4
Pull ups X 4
Back Row x 4
Dumbbell curls x 4
bent over rows x 4
standing curls x 4

I'm going to go back here in a few hours to do some cardio and Abs!

phillepe
05-12-2007, 05:53 PM
Cardio and Abs C/W!

Ran for 20 mins 2miles
Crunches x 3
Dumbbell Side bends x 3 both sides

Kurume
05-12-2007, 06:07 PM
Hey man great job, keep us up to date on how you think you look eh?

phillepe
05-14-2007, 06:23 PM
hey everyone, quick update:
I didn't come to the gym yesterday because I went off base for some R&R. But here's today's breakdown.
First Workout:
Dumbbell Bench x 4
Tri pulldown x 4
Decline Dumbbell bench x 4
Lying Tricep Ext. x 4
Dips (Assisted) x 4
Reg. Crunch x3
Decline Crunch x4
Alright workout I guess, arms felt weak.....

Second workout:
Elipitcal 20 mins decent pace
Side Crunch x 4 (each side)
Back Ext. x 3
Crunch Machine x3
Stair Master 10 mins heavy pace!
I'm pretty tired now.

heathershubby
05-14-2007, 06:31 PM
I am sure with being able to run you are going to give that 200 by end of july a real shot I think you will hit it if you stick with what your doing great job.

ctjacket
05-14-2007, 06:39 PM
By the way.... I don't mind chicken and eggs everyday. I know I need more veggies though.

Yea I found the easiest thing to do for veggies is pick up the frozen "steamfresh" bags by birds eye. Its just the frozen veggies, thats it. Nuke it for 5 minutes and your good to go. I really like their green beans.

phillepe
05-15-2007, 09:48 AM
yeah, I'm not too fond of frozen vegetables.....
looking forward to tonights workouts!

phillepe
05-15-2007, 03:52 PM
Just got done with the first workout of the night....

eliptical for 20 mins
side crunch x 3 (each side)
Back Ext. x 4
Stair machine 10 mins heavy pace

Going back to the gym here soon.

phillepe
05-15-2007, 03:54 PM
hey thanks heathershubby. I appreciate any positive comments! It helps motivate me!

phillepe
05-15-2007, 06:17 PM
here's the second workout for the night:

Shoulder shrugs x 4
Overhead dumbbell press x 4
machine shoulder press x 4
crunch machine x 3
Arm ext. x 4
Leg press x 6
Decline rev. crunch x 3

God I hate shoulder day....... good workout though.

phillepe
05-16-2007, 03:09 PM
today:

Preacher Curl x 5
Bent over row x 4
Reg. Crunch x 4
Pull ups (assisted) x 4
Rev standing curl x 4
Low back row x 4

will be going back to the gym in a hour for cardio and some more abs!

phillepe
05-16-2007, 06:13 PM
second workout:

ran for 25 mins!!!! felt great! 2.5 miles
Side crunches x 4 each side
Back ext. x 4
Stair Master 10 mins heavy pace

Very happy with the second workout. My left knee felt good and only a little sore after the 23rd minute. But I'm glad I can run again.

phillepe
05-16-2007, 06:16 PM
Here's my diet for the last couple days:

Breakfast-
Chicken Breast sandwich
Carrots
1 cup chopped celery
small salad

Lunch-
Chicken Breast sandwich

dinner-
Oatmeal w/ brown sugar
4-5 french toast sticks

phillepe
05-17-2007, 05:49 PM
Here's todays breakdown:
1st W/O:
dumbbell bench press x 4
Lying tri ext. x 4
crunch machine x 4
decline rev. crunch x 3
incline seated DB press x 4
Dips (assisted) x 5
DB flys x 4

Second W/O:
ran for 2 miles 18 mins pretty good pace! (for my sore knee)
Reg Crunch x 4
Stair machine 10 mins heavy pace as usual

Felt ok today. I've been a little upset, for no reason though. Atleast my workouts are making me feel better. Tomorrow is a light day. And I need one. Shoulders are still dead from two days ago. Just cardio tomorrow. My W/O's need a change. I'm stuck around 212-214 and can break through. I'm going to look for some HIIT, to get through this small slump. If anyone has any suggestions let me know.

phillepe
05-18-2007, 01:54 PM
I was reading someone else's thread, and I think they had a good point. I think because I weigh myself everyday, I tend to get upset because I'm not seeing any changes. But I think I'll start weighing myself every three days or every week. Anyone got any opinions on this?

phillepe
05-18-2007, 05:52 PM
Just got back from today's W/O:

Ran for 20 mins hill setting 1.85 miles
Crunch machine x 4
Back Ext. x 4

Not bad for an off day huh?

phillepe
05-19-2007, 06:29 PM
so here's my day. Didn't get enough sleep, it was hot as ****! But my homeboy made me go to the gym today and I had a decent day lifting. here's a list:

Pull ups x 5
Preacher Curl x 4
Bent over row x 4
DB curl x 4
Reg. Crunches x 3
Side Crunches x 3

I did a set of rev. cable curls too, but didn't feel like it did anything for me. I also tried so low rows, but my back said no. I'm going to run when I get off work, and then I'm going to hit the pool for a minute. Tomorrow is another day!

phillepe
05-20-2007, 06:58 PM
may 21st:

Dips x 5
Tri Ext. x 4
DB press x 4
fly's x 4
decline db press x 4
about 180 situps

and I'm gonna run here after work for two miles! Today is a very special day for me. Today marks the 5th year I've been in the military. I'm glad I'm here.

phillepe
05-21-2007, 12:30 PM
YEAH!!! 209 lbs this morning! Getting so close to my goal!

phillepe
05-23-2007, 02:00 PM
Lastnight was a busy night for me, so I wasn't able to put down what I did for a workout. I did shoulders with some legs. Wasn't much of a workout though. We got some N.O.xplode so it was a very intense, if not short workout. Tonight should be better for me. Also my diet is going to be changing as well. Cutting back alot on food intake and will be relying on my protein drinks for those in between cals. I want to hit 205 by Jun 10th. I'm very confident that I'll reach my goal. I know it will be tough, so I'd better be hitting that treadmill! HIIT!

phillepe
05-23-2007, 06:41 PM
today was a little slower than lastnight. I had a pretty good W/O. Here's a breakdown:

40 mins HIIT on treadmill 4.0 miles (this was great!)
100 reg. Full situps
40 pullups (assisted)
decline rev crunches x 4
bent over rows x 4
lower seated rows x 4
side bends w/ 45lbs plate x 4

I felt pretty good today. The HIIT on the treadmill I think really helped. It pumped me up for the rest of the workout. I just need to keep it up.

phillepe
05-24-2007, 06:49 PM
Cardio only today, well kinda.....

10 mins stair master (heavy pace)
140 reg situps
60 side crunches
31 mins of HIIT on treadmill (Still liking this for cardio!)

my diet has changed. Partly due to work yesterday, party to drop a few quick pounds. I eat breakfast at 530pm snack around 9pm then I eat dinner at around 530am. NOxplode before and ON 100% whey after W/O's. I know this isn't reccomended, but this is just to get a few pounds off quick. When I get to 205 I'll stop this and do the cutting healthier.

phillepe
05-25-2007, 06:34 PM
fridays w/o:

Cardio HIIT 30 mins treadmill
100 crunches, man I'm sore today!
Preacher curls x 4
rev. cable curl x 4
hammer db curl x 4
standing curl x 4

Trying something new as far as w/o's go. One area per day. Today was Biceps. I think I'm going to start doing cardio twice a day. HIIT running on the treadmill and maybe elipitcal. I'm not too sure. But I really want 200lbs since I'm so close. 200 was my six month goal, but now I want 190-195. Got two months left to get there. currently 210ish.

phillepe
05-26-2007, 12:29 PM
had a quick w/o. I ran for a mile and a half and did the crunch machine and back ext. machine. Felt pretty good. I'm going back for more later. Gotta CUT!

phillepe
05-26-2007, 06:01 PM
second w/o:

1.5 mile run fast pace 11:48
v-twist 6 sets of 15!
db press x 4 60's then 70's getting stronger
db fly's x 4 35's
incline db press x 4 50's
decline db press x 4 50's overall I fell alot stronger than I did a month ago. My cardio was really good today. HIIT session earlier and then I ran hard for the second session. Cutt!!!!!

phillepe
05-28-2007, 07:45 AM
I'm sooo frustrated. I'm working hard on my cut and I can't seem to lose it. I'm still 210ish and I'm working so hard. I'm just going to cardio this off...

phillepe
05-28-2007, 05:39 PM
Quick w/o today tri's with some cardio:

Skullcrushers x 4
dips x 4 (unassisted!)
Tri pulldown x 4
Treadmill for 2 miles 18mins

Still frustrated with the weight loss. I'm going to start doing cardio before I come to work from now on. 2 miles before work and 2 miles during my regular w/o. 4 a day isn't that much, considering I was doing 6-7 miles before I hurt my knee. Hopefully this will get the weightloss up and going once again.

cawiau
05-28-2007, 10:18 PM
I'm sooo frustrated. I'm working hard on my cut and I can't seem to lose it. I'm still 210ish and I'm working so hard. I'm just going to cardio this off...

Don't stress it too much.
Keep doing what you are doing and everything will be coming off little by little.

phillepe
05-29-2007, 03:15 AM
thanks for the encouragement cawiau. I really appreicate it. I believe that I was holding alot of water weight due to the NOxplode I was using. I'm not going to use it anymore, and I'll be concentrating on the cut more now. I was kinda looking to get stronger, but I want a cut more for now. When I get to 185, then I'll get big. Till then, cut!

phillepe
05-29-2007, 06:24 PM
heres today's workout:

ran for two miles 17mins
100 sit ups
75 heel touches
4 sets of v-twists
gonna run some more when I get off work. Gotta cut.

MCEpidemic
05-29-2007, 06:28 PM
Can you post some diet samples? Maybe there's something there you can adjust to help the fat come off.

phillepe
05-30-2007, 09:28 AM
my diet is usually the same everyday. Come to work, eat breakfast which is usually chicken breast sandwich on whole wheat, carrots and celery. I drink water and usually eat a fruit for a snack. On my chicken sandwich I use cheese and sometimes ketchup. lunch is usually the same, and for dinner if I eat at all is chicken breast with no bread, craisins trail mix, and a snapple canned tea. I know the tea is bad for me. I think I'm not eating enough. I also drink a protein shake after my workout. Between lunch and dinner.

phillepe
05-30-2007, 05:59 PM
heres todays cut input!

ran this morning 2 miles 16 mins before work.
Second workout:
bicep curls x 4
100 situps
v-twists x 4
ran for 3 miles 30 mins

I'm trying to run this weight off! But only until I get to 200 pounds. Then its back to lifting as well. Also, I might sign up for a half marathon. Kinda up in the air about it yet though, with the hurt knee and all. I guess we'll see how I feel after I start training for it. Oh and its in 20 days!

cawiau
05-30-2007, 07:45 PM
Hey I see you are still at it.
Are you sure you are getting enough calories?
By the way, wait till your knee is strong enough before signing up for a half-marathon.

And how is the weight so far?

phillepe
05-31-2007, 06:13 PM
Still at it, still determined. I really don't know if I'm getting enough cals. Or atleast at the right times. I'm only eating like three times a day. I need to change that. The half marathon is something I always wanted to do. I know I can do it. I'm running anywhere from 5-8 miles a day already, and I have a quick training plan to get ready for this. The knee would hold up. The knee WILL hold up. I have to do this.
so here's todays w/o:

200 situps (I'm starting to find these really easy, so I'm just doing more.)
incline one arm bench x 4 (Smith Machine)
Pull ups x 5
2 miles in 19 mins (barely worked up a sweat)

in the next few days, the mileage will be going up to get ready for this half marathon. I can do it!

phillepe
06-01-2007, 03:55 PM
I ordered some different supps yesterday, trying to switch things up to keep the body from getting used to what I'm using. I ordered some Dymatize whey protein, orange dreamsicle flavor. The ingrediants are almost the exact same as my ON 100% whey, with less carbs.(not by much) But I just wanted to try a new flavor. I also ordered some SAN TIGHT hardcore. I'm a little weary about getting something "hardcore" because I think "hardcore" is a marketing scheme, but everyone seems to like the OG san tight, the hardcore might be the same or better. I guess its worth a shot. We'll see in a few days. My Santrax Fyre is almost gone, it was good, but not as good as the lipo 6 when I first started using it. With the Lipo 6 my body adapted to it too quickly and I didn't see the results I wanted to with it. Thats why I switched to the Fyre. Alot of people say SAN Tight is good stuff, so thats my next try!

phillepe
06-01-2007, 06:35 PM
Today's w/o:

db benchpress x 4 (60's then 70's)
ran 3 miles in 30 mins (just took my time)
150 sit ups

short workout, today is my day off from work, so I slept in. Felt so good to sleep as long as I could. 13 hours I think. I'm kinda feeling unsure on weather or not I should run the half marathon. I really want to, but I don't know if my knee could take it. I think I'm just going to start training for it and see how I feel when the day comes. BTW I weighed myself before I came to work and I weighed 207!!! but I want to wait to see if it's the same tomorrow before I change my bodyspace. I was really excited when I seen 207 on the scale. Keep cutting!

phillepe
06-02-2007, 06:14 PM
When I get up this morning:
ran 3 miles real quick 28 mins

got to work and here's the second w/o:
ran 4 miles (got really tired) 38 mins
100 situps

I'm real tired now. I didn't sleep last night. Gonna sleep my ass off tonight.

phillepe
06-03-2007, 05:33 PM
todays workout was pretty much all cardio. I ran and then I did some situps. Long distance running really kills me, but it seems to be the only way I really start to drop in the pounds.

ran 4 miles 36mins Heavy pace
150 situps

I was around 208 when I came to work today. I'm going to weigh myself as soon as I get off work. I should be around 207-205ish now. I know I'm going to meet my short term goal this week sometime and I'm really happy with that. My overall goal was to get to 200 lbs before I get home and thats my next short term. I got about 2 months left and I'm going to try to get to around 195ish. Not skinny by alot of peoples terms but small for me. My Ideal weight for myself is a shredded 185. Thats when I believe I'll look the best.

phillepe
06-04-2007, 05:36 PM
5 june w/o:
got to work, ate breakfast, went for a run just to wake me up.
2 miles 18 mins
Man I needed that.
Second W/O
2 miles 16 mins heavy pace
dips x 5 (unassisted)
Skull crushers x 4
tri pulldown x 4
Triceps are now dead. Tomorrow, I think I'm going to do back or biceps along with my usual cardio. Getting close to my short term deadline. I know I can make it.

phillepe
06-05-2007, 06:07 PM
all this running is killing me..... but I'm glad I'm doing it. I'm still undecided if I should do the half marathon. I really want to, but legs are questionable. Maybe if I took two days off before I could make it? who knows.
6june
woke up, ran 2 miles
got to work ate, napped (opps) ran 4 miles. So tired now. So all cardio today, no abs, no arms, just godforsaken cardio. As soon as I get these two pounds off, I'll slow the running a bit. Till then, I'll run my ass off.

phillepe
06-06-2007, 05:52 PM
Yeah 4 miles today and I'm feeling quite dead!
7 june

phillepe
06-07-2007, 04:50 PM
8 june:
woke up ran 2 miles
got to work...
ran 2 miles
150 reg. situps
second w/o:
ran 2 miles
bicep curls x 4
pullups x 4 (2 sets unassisted, 2 assisted)
Rev. curls x 4

so six miles total running, and a decent, if not quick, bicep w/o. I just got my new supps today, and the energy from the SAN Tight Hardcore is pretty good. I know its early to say this stuff works, but the first few uses are serving me quite well. The Dymatize Elite Whey tastes great! It even smells good, which is weird to me, because all of the other wheys I smell, they smell nasty. So thumbs up for both so far.

phillepe
06-08-2007, 04:00 PM
today is my day off of work. But I came in because there is not much else to do here anyway. But before I came in, I ran a 5k run. I didn't do as well as I thought I was going to do, but I didn't do bad by anymeans. 24:34, came in 6th I believe. Not bad in a feild of 17. The weight is really coming off, and I'm starting to feel good about it. Soon, I'll be on my way home from here, and that's when I'll start all over again. So as of today, I'm 204lbs, looking to lose another 9 pounds before august. Then, after I get home I'm going to continue cutting to get to 180 and then lift weights to get back to 190 with muscle. This damn spare tire I carry will come off!

phillepe
06-09-2007, 05:20 PM
10 june:
I ran outside tonight. For this being the desert, its AWFULLY humid out. I feel like a walking piece of slime right now. At least the run was good. 2.5 miles, give or take a tenth of a mile. Good cardio though. I'm going to do some abs when I get off work. I guess I just feel relieved that I got to 204. 30lbs less than when I arrived here. It can only get better.

phillepe
06-10-2007, 05:32 PM
Well today, my motivation is kinda lacking. I ran roughly 4 miles outside and that felt good. But I just don't feel like doing anything else. I'm going swimming after work though. In other news, Tight Hardcore, has completely taking away the urge to eat. I had to force myself to eat dinner. And I was hungary before I got to work, took the Tight HC and waited 15 mins, and I didn't feel like eating. This stuff works but, maybe it is too effective at curbing your appetite. Atleast it is for me. Oh and I'm weighing about 203 today, and I know its from the lack of eating.

phillepe
06-10-2007, 06:41 PM
same day as above. I just ran 2.4 more miles for fun. BTW Dymatize Elite Whey Protein is tasty!

phillepe
06-12-2007, 05:38 PM
I didn't log in yesterday to log what was done, due to me being dead tired. Yesterday, I ran 8.4 miles, and man, I was dead. But it was my birthday today, so I went and got my 3 beers they let us have here, in the DEID. I also cheated, and had a DQ chicken strip basket, with ketchup.
Today, I ran 3.6 miles, outside on the road. It's a little more difficult to run on the hard road, but I still need to get ready for this Half marathon that I'm running in a week. I'm sure I can make it, and I want to do it in 2:45. That's my goal. Tomorrow will be a short run day, followed by another long run of 8.4 miles. Then it's rest and then the marathon. I should be under 200 pounds by the end of next week. I've lost some upper body muscle, but I have also lost more fat off my frame. I got 45 days left, and I want to get to 195lbs before I get home.

phillepe
06-14-2007, 04:07 PM
I ran outside again today, training for the half marathon here in four days! I'm gonna run again tomorrow and then take two days off to rest up for this long run. I'm going to finish it in 2:45. That's my goal. I ran 3.6 miles tonight, felt kinda tired, but I know I could have kept going. This HalfMara is going to be a great test for me and my will to never give up.

phillepe
06-15-2007, 05:31 PM
slept in today. Its my day off from work, but I always come in anyway. I ran outside again, trying to get ready for this long run in a few days. I ran 3.6 miles tonight, and I'll run it again tomorrow and then take a day off before the halfmara. I hope I can finish it in a decent time.

phillepe
06-19-2007, 06:52 PM
I did it! Half marathon, 2:10. Better than what I thought I would do. I was completely dead afterwards. Completely. But I'm so glad I did it. So happy I finished without stoping. 6 mile an hour pace through out the whole race. I wasn't the fastest, nor the slowest. But I was the happiest when it was over.

phillepe
06-20-2007, 06:08 PM
Well I didn't take a day off like I thought I was going to. I ran tonight. 2.5 miles. I was tired, but I think I'm going to incorperate weight training back into my w/o's. Chest, shoulders, abs, along with long distance running.

phillepe
06-21-2007, 03:02 PM
1st W/O with weights in a long time:

Today was chest and tri's:
Flat bench x 4 moderate weight, nothing heavy
Incline bench x 4 same
150 sit ups
dips x 4 Unassisted!
Tri pulldown x 4 light weight

It feels like it's been so long since I last weight trained. Lost alot of strength, I think. I can still do full dips though! I still got my run to do tonight, looking to shred these last few pounds.

phillepe
06-21-2007, 07:36 PM
Second W/O:
Ran outside, it was sooo humid. Middle of the desert, go figure.

2.4 miles 20:21

It was so sticky out there, kinda nasty.

phillepe
06-23-2007, 06:44 PM
today's w/o:

ran 3.6 miles decent time 32:45
pullups x 4
preacher curls x 4
low back row x 4
100 situps
side crunches x 2

phillepe
06-24-2007, 01:14 PM
todays 1st w/o:
Dips x 4 unassisted
Flat Bench x 4
Incline Bench x 4
Tri pull downs x 4
150 sit ups

Ran 2.4 miles 21:09

phillepe
06-26-2007, 06:42 PM
ran 3.6 miles.... felt aight.

Then I ran another 1.2miles, in 10:05.

I need to speed up. The USAF PT test requires a 1.5 mile run test among other things. I ran in 11:05 last year. This year I want it in 10:00 or less. I know I can do it.
In other news, I finally weigh less than 200lbs! Finally! I haven't weighed this much since I got out of Tech school. It's all downhill from here. 190 here I come. I hope I can get there before I get home in 30 days. I'll be dieting my ass off, and working on my 1.5 mile run time.

phillepe
06-27-2007, 11:16 AM
I got up early this morning, and put in two miles. I need 23 more to get my 300mile tshirt from services here on base!

phillepe
07-05-2007, 03:45 PM
Still cutting, still trying to lose these last pounds.

phillepe
07-05-2007, 03:59 PM
I ran 7.4 miles tonight. I might run a little more later!