PDA

View Full Version : Is the judiciary system in the usa messed up beyond repair?

aserecuba
04-21-2004, 08:34 PM
1. The judge in the Kobe Bryant case ruled Wednesday that the medical and psychological history of the woman who accused the basketball star of rape will not be admissible at trial.

2. i saw on tv the other day a case in which a woman killed her husband. she maintaned that it was late at night and she was sleeping. as her husband came home form a trip without calling her she thought it was a robber and shot him. he died. she was found not guilty because the jury concluded she acted on self defense. now guess what, after the trial was over it came to light that she had done the same **** to her other husband some years ago.

3. A man spits on a cop and gets life in prison.

4. a man gets about 25 + years in jail for stealing some copper wire.

why is information like this be kept hidden from the jury. why shouldnt the jury know that the woman accussing brian has a history of mental ilness and has repeatdely lied. i think i read that even semen was found in her panty from like 3 different man.

In the second case why the hell wasnt the jury informed that the woman had played the same kind of **** on her other husband.

.......... comment. we got some stupid ass laws and ****.

Section 8
04-21-2004, 09:01 PM
The problem is our government as a whole.

If by "beyond repair" you mean to say, "our country will never be able to function properly unless we scrap the Constitution, and reformulate our system of governance," then yes, it is.

Al_Bundy
04-21-2004, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by aserecuba

Provide a link for both of these cases if we are to believe them.

aserecuba
04-21-2004, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by Al_Bundy
Provide a link for both of these cases if we are to believe them.

glad to.

this is a search i did on yahoo to come up with the link. just click here or do your own search.

http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=man+spits+on+cop+gets+life+in+prison&ei=UTF-8&fr=fp-tab-web-t&cop=mss&tab=

for the second case i saw in a tv show called parole board.

supergarr
04-21-2004, 10:00 PM
I remember the spitting one. That was soo stupid. And the fact that the girls psychological issues can't be used is flat out stupid. Like in any profession, you have your retards, judges too.

Snoopis
04-21-2004, 10:04 PM
I would say yes, but these aren't the issues that I expected to see here. I thought you were going to talk about how the judiciary branch of the federal government had the power to basically change laws and rights (including those mentioned in the consitution) by merely "interpreting" them in any way they feel. Who needs an ammendment and 2/3 vote when you can just have a judge take care of it in a matter of days?

irpker
04-22-2004, 03:15 AM
Originally posted by Snoopis
I would say yes, but these aren't the issues that I expected to see here. I thought you were going to talk about how the judiciary branch of the federal government had the power to basically change laws and rights (including those mentioned in the consitution) by merely "interpreting" them in any way they feel. Who needs an ammendment and 2/3 vote when you can just have a judge take care of it in a matter of days?

Actualy the judiciary branch has "no sword nor purse" as Hamilton said. Legislators and the other two branches can choose to ignore the judiciary branch, as was seen during the nineteeth century by presidents. The force and wealth of the government is concentrated in the executive and legislative branches.

Al_Bundy
04-22-2004, 03:25 AM
glad to.

this is a search i did on yahoo to come up with the link. just click here or do your own search.

http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=man+spits+on+cop+gets+life+in+prison&ei=UTF-8&fr=fp-tab-web-t&cop=mss&tab=

Oh well. If it carries a life sentence, that what he gets for breaking the law like he did.

axiombiological
04-22-2004, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by Section 8
The problem is our government as a whole.

If by "beyond repair" you mean to say, "our country will never be able to function properly unless we scrap the Constitution, and reformulate our system of governance," then yes, it is.

Ridiculous. The problem is that our government HAS discarded the Constitution and acts as it wishes.

Kane Fan
04-22-2004, 12:20 PM
1. The judge in the Kobe Bryant case ruled Wednesday that the medical and psychological history of the woman who accused the basketball star of rape will not be admissible at trial.

2. i saw on tv the other day a case in which a woman killed her husband. she maintaned that it was late at night and she was sleeping. as her husband came home form a trip without calling her she thought it was a robber and shot him. he died. she was found not guilty because the jury concluded she acted on self defense. now guess what, after the trial was over it came to light that she had done the same **** to her other husband some years ago.

why is information like this be kept hidden from the jury. why shouldnt the jury know that the woman accussing brian has a history of mental ilness and has repeatdely lied. i think i read that even semen was found in her panty from like 3 different man.

In the second case why the hell wasnt the jury informed that the woman had played the same kind of **** on her other husband.

.......... comment. we got some stupid ass laws and ****.

explain 3 and 4 to me please

about Kobe, the judge had two decisions to make
1.) if any of her mental health records would have had an impact (ie if she was a compulisive liar or lied about rape before) then it mightcome in
and 2.) if she gave up her right to privacy by talking to some close friends
at least that was my take on it
personally I think health records should be opened if something could show she had a history of large scale lies but not if she was like a compulsive flipper of quarters or had a fear of mechanical pens...

second case sounds liek bull**** but if it has tits and crys on the stand the jury tends to let it go free

Kane Fan
04-22-2004, 12:22 PM
the real problem with the Kobe case isn't any one judge
it's rape shield laws in general
they arn't set up very well

aserecuba
04-22-2004, 12:25 PM
a man that was being arrested for domestic abuse spit on the cop , he was given life in prison because you can not spit on an officer's face the logic is what if the man had aids or tuberculosis to thats attempting on the officer's llife. ::roll eyes::

4. a man crossed a fence and went into the back of the factory to steal some copper wire, he was caught, given i think 25 or 40 years.

honeybbqgrundle
04-22-2004, 07:00 PM
Oh well. If it carries a life sentence, that what he gets for breaking the law like he did.

Great job thinking for yourself.

Al_Bundy
04-22-2004, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by honeybbqgrundle
Great job thinking for yourself.

:rolleyes: Laws are passed by elected representatives. If you don't like them, you lobby them to change it - laws can be repealed, you understand?

Problem is, you get ideological people like yourself coming on here telling people that what happened there is wrong. However, until someone gets charged you don't seem to give a ****. Tell me, one year ago, were you bitching about this law?

Section 8
04-22-2004, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by axiombiological
Ridiculous. The problem is that our government HAS discarded the Constitution and acts as it wishes.

Oh?

How did that happen?

JigaroKagan
04-22-2004, 08:35 PM
glad to.

Why did I have to see this before I go to bed? This overwhelmingly pisses me off. What the **** is wrong with our legal system? I would kill every last person that ruled against this guy.

aserecuba
04-22-2004, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by JigaroKagan
Why did I have to see this before I go to bed? This overwhelmingly pisses me off. What the **** is wrong with our legal system? I would kill every last person that ruled against this guy.
its a sad world, a sad sad world. but what can we do about it

honeybbqgrundle
04-22-2004, 09:05 PM
:rolleyes: Laws are passed by elected representatives. If you don't like them, you lobby them to change it - laws can be repealed, you understand?

Problem is, you get ideological people like yourself coming on here telling people that what happened there is wrong. However, until someone gets charged you don't seem to give a ****. Tell me, one year ago, were you bitching about this law?

Yes, one year ago I was protesting in the streets about the excessive punishment for stealing copper wire :rolleyes:. I just found it strange that you requested proof of the ruling as if you didn't believe it should be so harsh, then when presented with it you just said "oh that's the way it is because the law says so". It may be, but that doesn't mean it's fair.