PDA

View Full Version : negative near death experiences

aserecuba
04-20-2004, 07:21 AM
as you all know many people have reported having seen a tunnel of light after death. but there are also those that have reported seeing a vision of hell. a cardiologist reported having resusitated several patients that while they would go in and out of consiousness had the most horrendous look on their faces and were screaming to be saved. when they were resusitated they turn their life around 180 degrees and became religious. anyway you can do a search on NDE's and you can visit this website , very creepy.
http://amightywind.com/hell/testimonies.htm

myself i dont know what to think. i cant really see how a loving God would torture someone forever. but again im only human so i dont know. what do you think?

Ruthless4Life
04-20-2004, 07:27 AM
Originally posted by aserecuba
as you all know many people have reported having seen a tunnel of light after death. but there are also those that have reported seeing a vision of hell. a cardiologist reported having resusitated several patients that while they would go in and out of consiousness had the most horrendous look on their faces and were screaming to be saved. when they were resusitated they turn their life around 180 degrees and became religious. anyway you can do a search on NDE's and you can visit this website , very creepy.

myself i dont know what to think. i cant really see how a loving God would torture someone forever. but again im only human so i dont know. what do you think?

The loving God doesn't tortue. The devil does.

supergarr
04-20-2004, 08:21 AM
i think going near death and coming back would freak anyone out

CITADEL
04-20-2004, 09:54 AM
This whole site is full of weird things. The claim to have recordings of people screaming in hell. Brought to you by communist Russia...

http://amightywind.com/hell/aboutsounds.htm

bts327
04-20-2004, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by Ruthless4Life

So god allows the devil to torture people, same thing.

bts327
04-20-2004, 10:05 AM
If they were only "dead" for a a short period of time then their brain was still functioning, right? If you are unconscious and your brain is still functioning then you are probably dreaming. Couple this with the brain slowly losing oxygen and Id say you could have a fairly frightfull experience.

Ragnarok
04-20-2004, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by aserecuba

1. Hell is not forever. Contrary to popular belief, the bible does not state that hell is forever.

2. There has only been negative feedback on NDEs. The only scientific study I know of is a group of cardiologists that have placed an LED banner on top of equipment in the room. So that you would literally have to be floating at the top of the room to see the sign. Of the people that have experienced NDEs under their care, no one has been able to tell them what the sign reads.

It is also a known fact that there is an area of the brain that, when stimulated, will produce a NDE. We appear to be preprogrammed for NDEs, or that a specific area of the brain picks up and stores that information from what we've all heard about NDEs.

I personally do not believe NDEs have anything to do with death. What I think they DO have to do with is lack of oxygen, trauma, and mis-interpreted data. It is also a well known fact among physicians that patients under anesthesia can hear and process information in the room. That's why it's a really BAD idea to mention anything about how poorly the patient is doing.

Doctors have also been able to ask the patient to do things that we would think impossible in our "awake" state, such as slower bleeding, and lower blood pressure. The patient actually responds by performing what is requested to some degree.

aserecuba
04-20-2004, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by Ragnarok
1. Hell is not forever. Contrary to popular belief, the bible does not state that hell is forever.

2. There has only been negative feedback on NDEs. The only scientific study I know of is a group of cardiologists that have placed an LED banner on top of equipment in the room. So that you would literally have to be floating at the top of the room to see the sign. Of the people that have experienced NDEs under their care, no one has been able to tell them what the sign reads.

It is also a known fact that there is an area of the brain that, when stimulated, will produce a NDE. We appear to be preprogrammed for NDEs, or that a specific area of the brain picks up and stores that information from what we've all heard about NDEs.

I personally do not believe NDEs have anything to do with death. What I think they DO have to do with is lack of oxygen, trauma, and mis-interpreted data. It is also a well known fact among physicians that patients under anesthesia can hear and process information in the room. That's why it's a really BAD idea to mention anything about how poorly the patient is doing.

Doctors have also been able to ask the patient to do things that we would think impossible in our "awake" state, such as slower bleeding, and lower blood pressure. The patient actually responds by performing what is requested to some degree.
1. even though like i said i dont comprehend how someone could be punished forever. the bible DOES seem to indicate that it is eternal. How did you come to that conclusion?
2.what do you mean there has only been negative feedbacks on NDE's.? you say that the patients that have come back have not seen the LED banner. there have been other studies where other objects have been placed hidden from views and those that came back have been able to tell what that object was.

The Kurgan
04-20-2004, 02:41 PM
A lot of that website is funny, some is just stupid, and some of the soundtrack is amazing. 1/5 for content, 4/5 for style.

Lynne
04-20-2004, 02:48 PM
I didn't have a chance to look at the website yet. Dr. Maurice Rawlings wrote a book entitled "To Hell and Back" that recounts some negative near-death experience. Published by Thomas Nelson Publishers. My own near-death experience was a mix.

rakz105
11-21-2014, 07:10 PM

My brother had an experience that is also perplexing; he was brought to the hospital by a taxi driver because he fainted at the bus station. Inside the hospital he saw himself lying on the bed while he seemed like floating on air. In panic that he is going to die alone without any knowledge from family members, he quickly forced his way back to his body on the bed. Next thing he did was call me to fetch him.
Until now, we do not know whether it was a close call or just a dream.

-Rakz

goody1
11-21-2014, 07:22 PM
My brother had an experience that is also perplexing; he was brought to the hospital by a taxi driver because he fainted at the bus station. Inside the hospital he saw himself lying on the bed while he seemed like floating on air. In panic that he is going to die alone without any knowledge from family members, he quickly forced his way back to his body on the bed. Next thing he did was call me to fetch him.
Until now, we do not know whether it was a close call or just a dream.

-Rakz

Strong thread bump. 10 1/2 years? WTF