PDA

View Full Version : John F. Kerry?

kmac12
04-19-2004, 01:14 PM
Anyone here him being called this alot lately?

I think some of the media is trying to make him sound more Kennedy-esque. It seems like a far stretch to me.

Next thing you know, he will be referred to as 'Jack' Kerry.

supergarr
04-19-2004, 01:19 PM
or you can just say F. Kerry

Dorian
04-19-2004, 01:33 PM
I hear John Fukkin Kerry all the time..

kmac12
04-19-2004, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by supergarr
or you can just say F. Kerry

I dont know about that.

He said that he will cut taxes, create 10 million jobs, create a broad worldwide coalition for Iraq, save social security and balance the budget.

He sounds like the real deal! Oh wait! He is a liberal trying to get elected. Nevermind. ;)

supergarr
04-19-2004, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by a. americanus
Surely, democrats would never elect a man like this?

what was that slogan, "Anybody but Bush"?

Dorian
04-19-2004, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by kmac12
I dont know about that.

He said that he will cut taxes, create 10 million jobs, create a broad worldwide coalition for Iraq, save social security and balance the budget.

He sounds like the real deal! Oh wait! He is a liberal trying to get elected. Nevermind. ;)

lets look at this with an open mind... first off Kerry understands that this 4 years coming up will be when alot of baby boomers will be retiring. Wala jobs opened up!
secondly the only true way to create jobs is to have more companies hire people. How do we go about this? Well lets see maybe give tax cuts to the ones who own the companies? Of course you could do what the democrats are so good at doing, you could tax us more and then use that money to create useless government jobs.
Saving social security will never happen, this form of money was destined to fail from the on start. It was never intended to aid in retiring individuals. It was created for the war efforts. I knew it was going to fail when I was younger. You cannot expect everyone to pay into a social program and then pay out to keep people living, thats why we have welfare and it doesn't work.
Balance the budget... Hmmm.. well I don't ever really remember when the budget was balanced. Now when the democrats get their hands on money what is the first thing they want to do with it? Give it away to a poor country. Now do you really think this will balance anything?
The economy is the result of past presidential plans, Reaganomics was actually working until slick willy decided to change it. Now we see the remnanats of that regime of power. Now Bush is attempting to change it. We will see this in the next 4 years or so. It doesn't happen overnight.
But anyways, I also see the "anyone but Bush" . which makes no sense at all. This is telling me that as an american you give two ****s about our country. and would accept any yahoo to run it. I beleive Bush did what he had to , with what he could. He did a job that was ex[pected of him. Any president in their right mind would have done the same.
I see " but we don't belong there" , this again is spewing out of your backside. I know over a dozen men over there fighting. The constantly tell me how much we really are needed over there and should not leave. They tell me how the newsmedia only show what they want you to see. Not the real ones saying God bless america for saving our lives.
But hey we are a generation raised on LIes and false promises. So why not continue the trend? Watch TV and learn the lies. I for one will be Voting for the only one to finish this JOB and the soldiers I know agree with me. Bush is the man!
Oh and the guys who bitch about bringing our troops home and how we should not be there, do me a favor and enlist and walk a mile in an army mans boots over there before you continue to spout off. If you are any kind of person you would soon change your thoughts.

Reborn79
04-19-2004, 04:59 PM
In response to Dorian's.....rant:

Cheney made what, 1.3 million dollars in tax-savings last year?

The bottom 50 percent of taxpayes? 100 dollars. Whereas some families are struggling to pay the rent and put food on the table, Cheney just got enough back from the government to buy a couple ferraris. Good job!

I also find it ironic that these Republicans back Bush because they are anti-tax, yet many states are going to IMPLIMENT taxes because of a lack of funding from Bush's 'No Child Left Behind'. So in essence, Bush's actions have led to tax increases! (Imagine!)

And ah yes...blame the economy on Clinton. I thought that argument was dead, guess some people still are holding onto those few strands they can find that legitimize their support of Bush (however misguided they may be).

As for 'Anyone but Bush'...the message is that we will unite behind whoever the Democratic party nominates. Bush had his chance at leading the nation, and failed. I think it makes sense to give the position to a person who has a chance at either succeeding or failing, as opposed to giving it to a person who has failed in the past 4 years. Now, you may not agree with Bush being a 'failure', but I am informing you of the viewpoint many have concerning this president, and why the slogan 'anyone but bush' is used.

And as for 'we don't belong there', we don't. I can find just as many soldiers who say we shouldn't be there as those who do, especially with the recent events.
But we are there, and we must see it through. Kerry agrees with this, so no bull**** about him not supporting the troops.

Finally, what you said last is the kind of **** that really pisses me off.

How dare YOU, who WANTED to send those men and women into that god-forsaken country, tell US, people who wanted them to stay here in safety (as there was NO PROOF as to a national security threat Iraq posed) to 'walk in their shoes', as you put it.

Are you aware of the term 'chicken-hawk'? It is actually relevent to those in the Republican party...those who send men off to die for a cause they themselves won't fight for.
I don't have to answer to you, as I NEVER wanted those men and women to go into Iraq. I am on the troops side by wanting them to be safe. I have EVERY right to critisize this administration for the deaths of thousands that I, and many others, believe could have been avoided.

So stop with this 'support the troops' bull****. If anyone here isn't supporting the troops, it is people like you, who sent them off for a war that didn't have to happen.

I only point my finger because you brought this up and made such a ridiculous accusation.

If anyone should 'change their thoughts', it should be you.

Dorian
04-19-2004, 05:13 PM
have you ever been to war?

oh wait a minute you are still what 18?
Hahahah you haven't even had a chance to experience a job let alone war.
I have been to war, I have been drafted! I know what is like to fight a war where everyone says we don't belong there.
You have not.
I think you need to maybe grow up a bit and experience more of life son before you rant to me about what is right and what is wrong. I was fighting this shiot when you were still pissing your diapers!
So get a life and learn something , before you spout off your inane BS.
I refuse to argue with little kids who haven't even jerked off yet. So don't bother.

Snoopis
04-19-2004, 05:26 PM
I've noticed the "F" thing also.

Anyway, I just read that March 2004 had the most jobs created in one month since April 2000. Is this the beginning of a trend?

Originally posted by Reborn79

Nobody "made" any money from taxes. Just kept a little of what he earned.

I'm not happy about paying taxes, hell I did mine last week and found out I owed $1400 to my county for income tax! But just because I don't like paying them, doesn't mean Cheney should pay them for me.

Reborn79
04-19-2004, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by Dorian
have you ever been to war?

oh wait a minute you are still what 18?
Hahahah you haven't even had a chance to experience a job let alone war.
I have been to war, I have been drafted! I know what is like to fight a war where everyone says we don't belong there.
You have not.
I think you need to maybe grow up a bit and experience more of life son before you rant to me about what is right and what is wrong. I was fighting this shiot when you were still pissing your diapers!
So get a life and learn something , before you spout off your inane BS.
I refuse to argue with little kids who haven't even jerked off yet. So don't bother.

Guess what? Your point is invalid. Why? Because I AM NOT arguing for war! I am arguing AGAINST it. It is one thing to be inexperienced with the military and argue for it. It is something else entirely to be inexperienced with the military and argue against this war.

And yes, go on calling me 'son' and whatnot to make yourself feel bigger, I understand. It is difficult to meet someone who doesn't agree with your narrow viewpoint.

I also enjoy how you addressed none of my responses... good job!

Reborn79
04-19-2004, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by Snoopis
I've noticed the "F" thing also.

Anyway, I just read that March 2004 had the most jobs created in one month since April 2000. Is this the beginning of a trend?

Nobody "made" any money from taxes. Just kept a little of what he earned.

I'm not happy about paying taxes, hell I did mine last week and found out I owed $1400 to my county for income tax! But just because I don't like paying them, doesn't mean Cheney should pay them for me.

That's fine. I just don't like hearing this bull**** from the administration saying they are helping the middle class with their tax cuts. They should just admit that they are cutting a HIGHER percentage of the taxes for rich people than poor people (note I said percentage and not flat number of dollars).

They are flat out lying when they say their tax cuts are a great help for the middle and lower class, and if they would just admit this, I would be fine.

Dorian
04-19-2004, 05:57 PM
In response to Dorian's.....rant:

The bottom 50 percent of taxpayes? 100 dollars. Whereas some families are struggling to pay the rent and put food on the table, Cheney just got enough back from the government to buy a couple ferraris. Good job!
__________________________________________________ __
******this statement is bull****!The families struggling well that is their own faulkt as someday you may learn. We have choices to make that shape our future. These people refuse to learn anything new. I was once in that boat. I fought to go back to scholl and learn something. I did and I now pay more taxes that you probably make in a year.
________________________*********_________________ ______

I also find it ironic that these Republicans back Bush because they are anti-tax, yet many states are going to IMPLIMENT taxes because of a lack of funding from Bush's 'No Child Left Behind'. So in essence, Bush's actions have led to tax increases! (Imagine!)
______________________________________________-
********again read above... I am not anti tax butr I do not want it going for welfare and the likes.

And ah yes...blame the economy on Clinton. I thought that argument was dead, guess some people still are holding onto those few strands they can find that legitimize their support of Bush (however misguided they may be).

As for 'Anyone but Bush'...the message is that we will unite behind whoever the Democratic party nominates. Bush had his chance at leading the nation, and failed. I think it makes sense to give the position to a person who has a chance at either succeeding or failing, as opposed to giving it to a person who has failed in the past 4 years. Now, you may not agree with Bush being a 'failure', but I am informing you of the viewpoint many have concerning this president, and why the slogan 'anyone but bush' is used.

And as for 'we don't belong there', we don't. I can find just as many soldiers who say we shouldn't be there as those who do, especially with the recent events.
But we are there, and we must see it through. Kerry agrees with this, so no bull**** about him not supporting the troops.
*******Did you know Kerry was there in the hanoi hilton woith hanoi jane? he dissed our troops, he was in on the assination of our senators to stop a war. Vote for the guy if you wish but as you get older you may get wiser.
How dare YOU, who WANTED to send those men and women into that god-forsaken country, tell US, people who wanted them to stay here in safety (as there was NO PROOF as to a national security threat Iraq posed) to 'walk in their shoes', as you put it.
*********you tell that to the thousands of innocent people being killed by this *******>. You tell me you could stand by and watch the slaughter of these people by a guy who uses them for guinea pigs. Hell he even sent his own son in law to his death.
if you can honestly say it doesn'tt warrant our stopping it then you my freind need help.

Are you aware of the term 'chicken-hawk'? It is actually relevent to those in the Republican party...those who send men off to die for a cause they themselves won't fight for.
I don't have to answer to you, as I NEVER wanted those men and women to go into Iraq. I am on the troops side by wanting them to be safe. I have EVERY right to critisize this administration for the deaths of thousands that I, and many others, believe could have been avoided.
So stop with this 'support the troops' bull****. If anyone here isn't supporting the troops, it is people like you, who sent them off for a war that didn't have to happen.

*********your right I signed the war decree and sent them to war.
and yes the war did have to happen now or later, perferably now before it was too late again some day you may understand this.

If anyone should 'change their thoughts', it should be you.

You wanted it so be it, but I am not argueing a mute pooint with a kid. I was once like you and then I had a family and grew up. I hope you learn.........

lucubration
04-19-2004, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by supergarr
what was that slogan, "Anybody but Bush"?

bump.

sad. but true

Petey_G
04-19-2004, 08:24 PM
That's fine. I just don't like hearing this bull**** from the administration saying they are helping the middle class with their tax cuts. They should just admit that they are cutting a HIGHER percentage of the taxes for rich people than poor people (note I said percentage and not flat number of dollars).

They are flat out lying when they say their tax cuts are a great help for the middle and lower class, and if they would just admit this, I would be fine.

Have it ever passed your thick skull that poor people DONT pay taxes??? I didnt pay ANY taxes this year because I didnt make enough money, does that mean I should get a rebate from what I didnt pay.

This was a tax cut, not a welfare system.

My parents, otoh, combine for 100k a year (middle class), and recieved a 12k rebate because of help from the tax-cuts...THAT IS CALLED HELPING THE MIDDLE CLASS!!!

Debaser
04-19-2004, 09:45 PM

I think some of the media is trying to make him sound more Kennedy-esque. It seems like a far stretch to me.

Huh, never noticed that. You are very observant.

Debaser
04-19-2004, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by Petey_G
Have it ever passed your thick skull that poor people DONT pay taxes??? I didnt pay ANY taxes this year because I didnt make enough money, does that mean I should get a rebate from what I didnt pay.

This was a tax cut, not a welfare system.

My parents, otoh, combine for 100k a year (middle class), and recieved a 12k rebate because of help from the tax-cuts...THAT IS CALLED HELPING THE MIDDLE CLASS!!!

12 k? I am not one to call what you're saying as false, but don't you think that is a bit high for a rebate?

mariners216
04-19-2004, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by Debaser
12 k? I am not one to call what you're saying as false, but don't you think that is a bit high for a rebate?
bump, my parents make about that much and got about $1500 rebate..

Debaser
04-19-2004, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by mariners216
bump, my parents make about that much and got about $1500 rebate..

My parents make close to half a million, give 40,000 to the IRS in taxes and got back about 1,000+ from the recall. Hmm..smells fishy.

kmac12
04-20-2004, 07:19 AM

They might have paid too much in taxes this year and thats why they got that back.

candice
04-26-2004, 02:32 PM
Amen DORIAN! Very nice speech and oh so true, at lease IMO.

LordNeon
04-26-2004, 04:06 PM
They might have paid too much in taxes this year and thats why they got that back.

But that has nothing to do with the tax cuts per se.

Petey_G
04-26-2004, 04:09 PM

I doubt it was all from the tax-credit, but that was there total rebate...Surly enough, they said there rebate was much larger then normal. How much was from the credit, I dont know, but they made it seem like it was VERY much worth it..

...sorry for the confusion

CerealKiller
04-26-2004, 04:13 PM
http://www.johnkerryisadouchebagbutimvotingforhimanyway.c om/

kmac12
04-26-2004, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by LordNeon
But that has nothing to do with the tax cuts per se.

No, you are incorrect.

It certainly has to do with their tax cut. If they got more money back this year via the Bush tax cut, then it involves the tax cut.

Personally, I think I got back a couple hundred dollars more than I would have and I definately put it right back into the economy (got a total of $1900 back and spent $2700 on a 7 day trip to Jamaica for me and my girlfriend).

LordNeon
04-26-2004, 08:21 PM
No, you are incorrect.

It certainly has to do with their tax cut. If they got more money back this year via the Bush tax cut, then it involves the tax cut.

Personally, I think I got back a couple hundred dollars more than I would have and I definately put it right back into the economy (got a total of $1900 back and spent $2700 on a 7 day trip to Jamaica for me and my girlfriend).

The point is that no one making $100K a year got a $12K tax cut. If they got that much back in a refund, it was primarily because they were withholding way too much to begin with, not because of the tax cut.

kmac12
04-26-2004, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by LordNeon
The point is that no one making $100K a year got a $12K tax cut. If they got that much back in a refund, it was primarily because they were withholding way too much to begin with, not because of the tax cut.

True.

irpker
04-26-2004, 09:32 PM

That's not really *that* cheezy. But when he starts going by his initials.... well, that's just a shame.