PDA

View Full Version : should the US swap a captured insurgent for the american hostage?

aserecuba
04-17-2004, 08:26 AM
given japan and italy's actions when their hostages were taken. they did not back down and take their troops out. now should the us swap and insurgent for that frightened us soldier shown yesterday. thats is what the insurgents are asking for. one for one.

drags
04-17-2004, 08:32 AM
but that would mean negotiating with "terrorists" so i don't think it will happen because it will go against everything Bush has been saying.

Soviet
04-17-2004, 02:11 PM
Bush can stfu ! How about we take his wife and give her to those man who are ready to chope her head off , will Bush nagotiate? Well i think he will not because he can always get a younger one , but you still get my point that those gyes will get tortured and killed like Daniel Pearl ( rest in piece ) and that politics sucks. I live in Britain and i am tied of Mr Blair saying : " We will free Iraq " my question is " Does Iraq needs you? ". When Saddam was in power he controled the country and people didnt walk around and shoot. Yes ok , he wasnt Mr Nice guy but there was no problems with us Westerns right? Hey , weapons of mass distraction that what it is LMAO !
I say swop because those kids dont deserve to die for nothing.
My second point is that Americans took over Iraq but as far as i know petrol is still the same in price in USA ( I expected it to be cheaper since you and we gyes occupied Iraq ).

enjoyincubus
04-17-2004, 02:13 PM
its time to round up these insurgents families. then we can swop their families for americans. if they kill our men, we make their families dissappear.

JigaroKagan
04-17-2004, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by enjoyincubus
its time to round up these insurgents families. then we can swop their families for americans. if they kill our men, we make their families dissappear.

That's one thing that came out of the Soviet Union that was right.

SteakNPotatoes
04-17-2004, 04:57 PM
Wouldn't be very nice, or ethical, but they could plant a remote bomb somewhere in or on the insurgent's body. When they make the switch and get the hostage back and the terrorists come to drag away the insurgent they blow it up and kill em all.

Would cause some bad backlash though. :D

enjoyincubus
04-17-2004, 09:01 PM
there would be a backlash anyway....and whose gonna rise up if there is no insurgents left?

dfz111
04-17-2004, 09:38 PM
I don't get the big deal about hostages, in a situation such as Iraq. this may sound cold hearted but in war the death of a few has never led to a withdrawal of any sort. If they die they die, it's very sad, but that is the harsh reality of war, people die whether tortured or killed by a bomb blast, people die.

The threat of death should be irrelevant in war.

Jimineye
04-17-2004, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by enjoyincubus

Sounds like a plan. They want to take innocent people of ours, we can take innocent people of theirs.

TranceNRG
04-18-2004, 12:24 AM
Let's hope the insurgents don't kill him, because of today's israel's action.