PDA

View Full Version : WorldWide Pure Protein Bars...?

bubba16
05-03-2007, 06:14 PM
i recently bought a box of these and they were pretty good. i got the strawberry shortcake kind and now im kinda sick of them so im going to buy some more.....

i checkout the ingredients and i didnt see anything wrong (im bulking). are these a healthy option to have pre-workout, right after school?

and flavor should i get?

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/ww/purebars.html

viciouspoultry
05-03-2007, 06:16 PM
Don't buy them, they are loaded with perservitives and have soy protein which quite frankly you don't need

BlueFenix13S
05-03-2007, 06:16 PM
I like Detour bars, they taste much better. But yes, it's fine pre-workout. I keep Detour bars in my truck and in my bag if I get stuck somewhere or don't have time to get a whole food meal in before hitting the gym.

djansen
05-03-2007, 06:17 PM
i recently bought a box of these and they were pretty good. i got the strawberry shortcake kind and now im kinda sick of them so im going to buy some more.....

i checkout the ingredients and i didnt see anything wrong (im bulking). are these a healthy option to have pre-workout, right after school?

and flavor should i get?

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/ww/purebars.html

as far as bars go they are ok, VPX and sustain are better IMO, but they are ok. after school would be ok but not pre workout, to much fat and not enough carbs.

Strongman1980
05-03-2007, 06:42 PM
use real food it is better for you

BlueFenix13S
05-03-2007, 06:56 PM
use real food it is better for you

Agreed, but if you're in a bind, a Pure Protein bar is better than a Twix.

Strongman1980
05-03-2007, 07:22 PM
Agreed, but if you're in a bind, a Pure Protein bar is better than a Twix.

agreed too

depositio
05-03-2007, 08:11 PM
I keep Detour bars in my truck and in my bag if I get stuck somewhere or don't have time to get a whole food meal in before hitting the gym.

Wow. The one time that I bought a few of those, they didn't make it home from the store without melting into a kind of glue that was practically impossible to get off of the wrapper!

I agree that protein bars are fine every now and then when you're stranded or simply starved. But never forget that many of these bars are basically chewable low potency multivitamins with a side of heavily processed macros and are therefore not absolutely better than a good multi + a satisfying snickers and some lowfat milk under those same circumstances.

Tussmann57
05-03-2007, 09:28 PM
Wow. The one time that I bought a few of those, they didn't make it home from the store without melting into a kind of glue that was practically impossible to get off of the wrapper!

I agree that protein bars are fine every now and then when you're stranded or simply starved. But never forget that many of these bars are basically chewable low potency multivitamins with a side of heavily processed macros and are therefore not absolutely better than a good multi + a satisfying snickers and some lowfat milk under those same circumstances.

ok theyre not that bad haha.

20-30 grams of complete quality YES quality protein (whey isolate casein, in some cases soy)

10-30 g of carbs that usually arent sugar

6 grams of fat (usually deriving from a milk or peanut butter source depending on the brand)

yes most have collagen protein sources, and not the most complex carb, but id rather eat a solid protein bar than just another PB sandwhich or serving of beef jerkey.