PDA

View Full Version : Is your diet the same on work days as rest days?

Antiacus
04-15-2004, 10:37 AM
I'm curious, other than your post-workout shake or meal, how is your diet different on workout days than rest days?

I'm thinking that since on my program I have two rest days back to back perhaps on those days, or at least the 2nd rest day I should cut my calories?

eru
04-15-2004, 10:55 AM
Pretty much the same -- only thing that is different is instead of the PWO taking up 340 calories, I have a meal instead.

Ragnarok
04-15-2004, 10:56 AM
My diet stays the same. I would not recommend cutting calories unless you are gaining too much fat. Remember that muscle repair occurs while you are resting, especially on those off days. If you do choose to cut calories, don't take them from protein.

I think most people recommend keeping your diet consistent.

massive member
04-15-2004, 11:00 AM
mine stays the same pretty much

aflex2002
04-15-2004, 11:06 AM
pretty much the same...i replace my post workout with a meal...actually, i probably bump up protein if anything....mainly because when ur not in the gym, u need to recover so i find that up-ing my protein on off days is actually really useful and gets the job done

JeremyLikness
04-15-2004, 12:56 PM
... I do zig-zag calories, but I have done 12-week cycles where I changed the calories based on whether or not I was working out, and other cycles where I did it randomly, and my experience is that other than the meal before the workout and the post-workout meal, the rest of the zig-zag is really arbitrary and works either way - in other words, I've found it's less important to swing the calories on a workout day versus a non-workout day, but more important to time the meals/training so you are optimal when you step into the gym and step out of it.

Jeremy