PDA

View Full Version : Trouble for Air America?

kmac12
04-15-2004, 08:30 AM
http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml?type=entertainmentNews&storyID=4834116

Just curious, but are the dems and liberals on this board still tuning in? How is it going so far? Entertaining?

I listened to about an hour, but that is all so far. I am just wondering if it is successful to this point because it sounds like there is trouble brewing.

LordNeon
04-15-2004, 11:50 AM
This was already covered in another thread. They're doing fine financially. They refused payment to a company that owned two of their stations, claiming overbilling, and the stations shut them down in response.

They seem to be doing just fine, judging by the increasing variety in the ads I'm hearing on their shows. Al Franken's show is a little dry. Randi Rhodes is more fun.

bgzee
04-15-2004, 11:53 AM
What time does it air?

LordNeon
04-15-2004, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by bgzee
What time does it air?

What? Randi's show? It's at 3-7 PM EST.

bgzee
04-15-2004, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by LordNeon
What? Randi's show? It's at 3-7 PM EST.

I see. Well they cant be in that bad of shape... I'm trying to listen over internet radio and its telling me max connections reached.

mariners216
04-15-2004, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by bgzee
I see. Well they cant be in that bad of shape... I'm trying to listen over internet radio and its telling me max connections reached.
Yeah they've had a ton of traffic lately..

kmac12
04-15-2004, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by mariners216
Yeah they've had a ton of traffic lately..

I am sure that they are busy lambasting Bush's press conference from Tuesday.

You guys are relentless. ;)

mariners216
04-15-2004, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by kmac12
I am sure that they are busy lambasting Bush's press conference from Tuesday.

You guys are relentless. ;)
It's not hard to do.:D

kmac12
04-15-2004, 02:30 PM
It's not hard to do.:D

Yeah, I understand. He was very on edge during his press conference on Tuesday, kinda like he had a bullseye around his neck.

It seems like he lost his calm and collective nature when he was elected (or maybe it was 9/11).

During the campaign and debates in 2000, he came off very well and really connected with alot of people. This performance really made him seem defensive. He obviously knew that the press was out to corner him with questions.

I am curious to see if he can regain his 'election 2000' composure during the campaign and debates in the coming months. If not, its gonna be a long election season for me and other reps.

mariners216
04-15-2004, 04:36 PM
http://web.morons.org/article.jsp?sectionid=7&id=4859

A judge has ruled in favor of Progress Media, which means Air America Radio will return to Chicago shortly...

Just announced on Air America Radio: a judge has ruled in favor of Air America in a contract dispute over the Chicago station, WNTD 950AM. As we reported yesterday, the owner of the Chicago and Los Angeles stations, Arthur Liu, pulled the plug on both stations over a contract dispute relating to the LA station (KBLA 1580 AM).
A spokesman for Air America also said that they expect to resolve the problem with the LA station soon. Progress Media had learned that during a time that it had leased KBLA, Multicultural Radio was also leasing the station to another party. What Liu did is similar to someone renting an apartment and having the landlord also lease the apartment to another person until the first renter started moving in; control of the apartment belonged exclusively to the renter and should not have been leased to another party at the same time.

Because of Liu's actions, Progress Media stopped payment on the check they'd mailed Liu for the LA station until the dispute over the charges was settled in arbitration, as their contract with Multicultural radio requires.

Claims of checks bouncing, poor ratings, revenue promises unkept (which doesn't apply at all considering the station is leased), the network running out of money, the network having "serious cash-flow problems" (as implied by the conservative media), etc are all false.

Air America Radio hopes to be on the air again in Chicago as soon as they can regain access to the station.

Jimineye
04-15-2004, 06:36 PM
I recommend Bill O'Reilly and Sean Hannity. :D

Pain_is_temp
04-15-2004, 07:32 PM
http://web.morons.org/article.jsp?sectionid=7&id=4859

You mean the Drudge Report was wrong! NO WAY!! That is the most dependable and factual reporting source anywhere in the world!

I guess we can safely assume that this means A.Americanus will have to look else where for his "facts".

mariners216
04-15-2004, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by Jimineye
I recommend Bill O'Reilly and Sean Hannity. :D

ham sandwich > sean hannity

Jef-El
04-15-2004, 07:54 PM
ham sandwich > sean hannity

Dog Sh!t>Al Franken

EDIT: :mad:

mariners216