PDA

View Full Version : Life after death

The Ukrainian
04-14-2004, 03:48 PM
What do some aethiests here believe will happen of they die, will you just die and that will be the end of things, see i'm christian so this baffles me.

CerealKiller
04-14-2004, 03:52 PM
Not an atheist but my guess: WORM FOOD.

The Ukrainian
04-14-2004, 04:00 PM
so they believe that when they dies their exsistence just ends and there is just darkness for ever, in my opinion thats crazy.

CerealKiller
04-14-2004, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by The Ukrainian
so they believe that when they dies their exsistence just ends and there is just darkness for ever, in my opinion thats crazy.

Why ? It's as good as anybody elses guess.

Ruthless4Life
04-14-2004, 04:01 PM

And peaceful too...

The Ukrainian
04-14-2004, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by CerealKiller
Why ? It's as good as anybody elses guess.
No just my opinion but its unlikely that life will stop forever, i just want to hear some pples ideas from with other beliefs.

CerealKiller
04-14-2004, 04:10 PM
No just my opinion but its unlikely that life will stop forever, i just want to hear some pples ideas from with other beliefs.

That's fine. My idea is nobody really knows.

The Ukrainian
04-14-2004, 05:53 PM
yes but lets say Bob died would he just see darkness or would he be born again, or something else...

The Ukrainian
04-14-2004, 06:00 PM
so after after one dies, their life just ends and its just nothingness all over, interesting

aserecuba
04-14-2004, 06:07 PM
lol. interesting anaolgy it sucks to die. you would be missing out on alot of sh**. new discoveries, playstation 10, etc. but then again when it was 1500 and you werent born you didnt really miss any of that. but it sucks nonetheless

CITADEL
04-14-2004, 06:48 PM
Ukranian, just because you can't comprehend it doesn't mean it's not true. Sure it's sad to think that after we die it all just... fades to black. Like stephane said, death is like the time before we were born. Nothingness. That's what I honestly believe will happen, but that's just me.

LilManSyndrom
04-17-2004, 10:11 AM
I think, thinking of death can drive a man crazy.

Smitty26
04-17-2004, 01:16 PM
I belive we have souls..its like where do my toughts so and everything. Sometimes though I feel like I dont want to live forever and it would just get boring being in an "afterlife " forever.

LethalOnGuitarZ
04-17-2004, 03:33 PM
I think when we die we all live as ghosts forever on Earth and we can do what we want for eternity. Yey!

Or if that isn't true then I guess we just slowly pass into the night, and without a sight, we take flight, into eternal darkness. Abit like the time before we were born. Just nothingness, too hard to imagine so best bet is to NOT bother thinking about it, unless you want to drive yourself mad and end up in a mental asylum.

Soviet
04-17-2004, 03:39 PM
Before you were born could you remember anything at all?
Exactly thats what happenes when you die.
The point is that you dont exist anymore just like before you were created you werent existed.
Very philosophical inded but that is my version.
HEY I ASKED MY PARENTS AND FREINDS TO CREMATE ME SO SORRY WORMS NO MEAL FOR YOU HAHAHAHA !!!

Soviet
04-17-2004, 03:43 PM
Dont get me wrong i do believe in god as a nature NOT A PERSON WITH THE BEARED. I believe that there should be something and that is not a thought for me to calm my self down but a fact. At the end of the day there is a wall every were , but what about that space behind that wall , what is kept there and if there is what ends it so the chicken and egg factor comes in. ENJOY YOUR LIFE WHILE YOU CAN THEN FIND OUT THE MYSTERY YOUR SELF.

HEY, WHEN YOU DO FOUND OUT CONTACT ME OK :)

JigaroKagan
04-17-2004, 03:44 PM
I do not dedicate my time to thinking about something as inevitable as death as I still have a life to live and would rather not waste it with a trivial issue.

Though I do hope for an afterlife.

JigaroKagan
04-17-2004, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by Soviet
.HEY I ASKED MY PARENTS AND FREINDS TO CREMATE ME SO SORRY WORMS NO MEAL FOR YOU HAHAHAHA !!!

I intend on being buried without a casket or anything under a tree so that my energy will become a product to fuel life.

bts327
04-17-2004, 04:20 PM
The point is that you dont exist anymore just like before you were created you werent existed.

I look at it like this:

Can you remember the day you were born? How about a week later? A year? You still existed though right? The thing is that the experiences that time brings about had yet to shape your being into something which it could identify with. If you have no memory then you cannot identify your self to any set mode of existence. You still existed right? But in some ways you were unaware of this. You simply related to and experienced outward stimuli until your brain was able build a file system to relate past experience with present experience and outcomes. Same thing when you die, you will still exist(or at least the conciousness that "you" is based upon), but you will be unaware that you do because there will be no past reference point in which you can identify with. It will be like being born all over again.

Your brain is a reciever for conciousness, this conciousness that your brain recieves exists regardless of your existence, else others would cease to exist if you did. Over the course of a life times experience molds this conciousness into an entity which has very high regard for itself. This entity being the "I" or the "me". With death this entity slips away and there is only pure conciousness. There will be no reference point with which to identify. So in a way "you" will cease to exist, but the conciousness that the entity which calls itself "you" is based upon will remain. It has to or else everyone else would cease to exist as well.

I basically make a lot of this crap up as I go along. This belief or way of explaining it is just as invalid and pointless as any other. But I figure its as good a guess as any. The point is no one knows and if they tell they do then they are seeking something for themselves and nothing more.

Soviet
04-17-2004, 05:12 PM
People who were in coma told what happened behind the walls and my freind ( close one ) had the same expirience when he was younger ( well thats what grandad of his told me when he was still alive) he was in come nearly passing away from life. He explained what grandad said and things that were going about in the rooms and outside premises. Many things like that happened not just silly fake stuff but outer body expirience and telling what words precise one particular person miles away said and done. That is freaky and i dont think brain can do that so i do belive in soul just pure soul rather than brain because brain is a meat muscle machine rather then soul which is free.
ALWAYS WANTED TO SAY THIS LIKE IN FILMS WHEN TERRORISTS TORTURE YOU " YOU CAN TAKE MY BODY BUT YOU WILL NEVER HAVE MY SOUL , WANKERS " :)

aserecuba
04-17-2004, 06:13 PM
i dont believe for a minute that is just some meat and bones. all of the things we go through, all the sacrifices and moments of happiness. it can not be an eternal sleep, theres gotta be something. let me put it like this: since the beginning of time countless people have reported seeing a ghost or something like that. lets say that 5 million people have reported this kind of experience. they can not all be liars. at least one or two must have been telling the truth. theres gotta be something outthere.

TranceNRG
04-18-2004, 01:41 AM
I also wanna know how they feel about people like Hitler, Stallin and etc.

you think one death is fair and enough for them.
I mean they killed millions...

so a man who helps millions and a man who kills millions of people both end up at the same place?

The Kurgan
04-18-2004, 10:01 AM
As an atheist, I'd say we go to Sugarcandy Mountain where we are rewarded for our labours.

But seriously, from what I've read and heard, what seems to happen in most circumstances is an " out of body experience " caused by a number of conditions on the brain. This experience fades away, and the person dies in a peaceful state of bliss.

As for death not being fair, well, I suppose it just mimics life.

Life after death? Not improbable, provided one does not interpret death literally. I'm not going to say that there isn't some sort of posthumous existance, but I've never met anyone who can truly say they know what it is, so I think the best bet is that it's the same as before we are alive.

LethalOnGuitarZ
04-18-2004, 10:23 AM
Whatever happens, I believe in Heaven and Hell, cos if I do then I've got less to loose when I die then if I don't. :D

CITADEL
04-18-2004, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by LethalOnGuitarZ
Whatever happens, I believe in Heaven and Hell, cos if I do then I've got less to loose when I die then if I don't. :D

:rolleyes: because god wouldn't be able to see straight through that.

Rackz
04-20-2004, 10:21 AM
Theres gotta be something on the other side. I know Im not the only one, but I know people who were clinically dead and were revived and during that ones spoke of being brought to a bright light or some gates. Most of these people are grown older people with no reason to lie. In fact I have my own experiences with that as well.

TranceNRG
04-20-2004, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by JigaroKagan
I intend on being buried without a casket or anything under a tree so that my energy will become a product to fuel life.

I'm planning to donate my body towards science research

JigaroKagan
04-20-2004, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by TranceNRG
I'm planning to donate my body towards science research

Good choice.

TranceNRG
04-20-2004, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by JigaroKagan
Good choice.

Thanks
I liked yours too

The Kurgan
04-25-2004, 07:01 AM
Personally I plan to donate my organs etc. to science, then have what's left buried on a Moor with a fence around it and a seedling in my chest cavity. Then again, it's unlikely that they'll be much civilization left by the time I die.

LethalOnGuitarZ
04-25-2004, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by The Kurgan
Personally I plan to donate my organs etc. to science, then have what's left buried on a Moor with a fence around it and a seedling in my chest cavity. Then again, it's unlikely that they'll be much civilization left by the time I die.
Yeah, I believe the way we are advancing without any regard to the consequences of what we do, it's unlikely the human race will last another 100 years without inadvertadely killing themselves. We're already exhausting the planet's resources... they ain't gonna last much longer lol.

I'm gonna try my hardest to avoid being buried in one of those inner-city graveyards. That's just asking for some little skanks to come along and dig your body up :mad:.

Rackz
04-27-2004, 09:40 AM
Like many have said already, Id rather be just put in the dirt with treez planted over my body. And yall all know what "treez" Im talking about!!!

wscranston
04-27-2004, 10:26 AM

Hard to believe there are no Mormons here...