PDA

View Full Version : Bush might draft in 2005

Jack-MA
04-14-2004, 08:19 AM
I'm not a US citizen, and I'm not sure on the objectivity of the following link.

http://www.bushdraft.com/

But - if Bush were to continue ruling next year, and were to declare a military draft, which most of you guys in the US would be involved in... would you agree with it?

Jimineye
04-14-2004, 08:40 AM
This belongs in the politcs section, and there is no need for a draft so it won't happen.

Harland
04-14-2004, 08:50 AM
I would find a way out of the draft. I don't want to go die trying to find iraqies.

bgzee
04-14-2004, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by Jimineye
This belongs in the politcs section, and there is no need for a draft so it won't happen.

Actually, we're in the process of getting the first batch of soldiers out of Iraq and replacing them. Not only that, but there's been a request to increase the number of soldiers in Iraq by something like 50,000. We've dipped into a good part of our reserves at this point, in fact my brothers unit has been put on alert for deployment.

dmbfan1
04-14-2004, 09:01 AM
We need to remember that Iraq isn't all that's going on. We have soldiers stationed all over the world right now for various things. PLus there is the hunt for Osama. I guess that is still going on, even though you never hear about it anymore.

Viking22
04-14-2004, 09:02 AM
Get this political crap out of here. The smell of bullsh!t was just starting to subside.

Harland
04-14-2004, 09:35 AM
lol. We live in the land of the free, but we pay to live here with taxes. I don't want to be forced to fight for america. It has to be something you choose.

Jcfreak_02
04-14-2004, 10:58 AM
Think of how different the US would be if men at least were all placed with that kind of discipline. I think it would be a great thing for the country, though I doubt it will happen.

LordNeon
04-14-2004, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by Harland
lol. We live in the land of the free, but we pay to live here with taxes. I don't want to be forced to fight for america. It has to be something you choose.

Actually, the issue I'd have would be that I would not, in all likelihood, actually be fighting for America these days.

Harland
04-14-2004, 01:23 PM
yeah exactly. Man america is going to be a different place in 20 years. If it goes the same way as it is now. All supplements will be banned and you will only be able to do certain things.

Coliones
04-14-2004, 01:31 PM
I have a friend whos little brother wants to join the military ... to make a long story short he was told to make his mind up quickly cause his options are running out with "other" means of enlistment being drawn up at the time of conversation. The recruiter also hinted this alternate will take place next year.

Almost sounded like a done deal to me. Send our young, healthy men to fight for ****ty little countries who hate our guts for what. To become fodder for the cannons. How patriotic you think the ones who come back will be that were wounded (not very I'll bet), as well as the ones forced against their will to fight?

CerealKiller
04-14-2004, 02:32 PM
I can see it post election (assuming Bush wins then he has nothing to lose).

Pre-election it would be political suicide.

Canadian Nanook
04-14-2004, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by CerealKiller
I can see it post election (assuming Bush wins then he has nothing to lose).

Pre-election it would be political suicide.
unless he has something up his sleave. Possibility of Bush already having Bin Laden in a prison somewhere and he's going to reveal it to the US 10 days before the election, right before the democrats can do anything about it

CerealKiller
04-14-2004, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by Canadian Nanook
unless he has something up his sleave. Possibility of Bush already having Bin Laden in a prison somewhere and he's going to reveal it to the US 10 days before the election, right before the democrats can do anything about it

Maybe he can tackle him on the whitehouse lawn. Wouldn't that be something.

BigKazWSM747
04-14-2004, 06:08 PM
If one did occur then it wouldn't be justified and so I would not support it.

Harland
04-15-2004, 05:05 AM
what do you think the age would be though. Like 18 and up? It doesn't really matter I will be 18 then 19 in 2005 anyway, so either way I would get drafted.

It would suck because the only bodybuilding you could do, are pushups, situps, and pullups.

The.Giant
04-15-2004, 05:17 AM
Yeah, but you could get some sweet gear in the middle east :D

irpker
04-15-2004, 06:13 AM
Originally posted by CerealKiller
Maybe he can tackle him on the whitehouse lawn. Wouldn't that be something.

Then he could yell : "I'm George Bush, bitch!"

SemperFudge
09-25-2009, 12:07 AM
We'll have a black president before the US ever drafts again.

Vitalshok44
09-25-2009, 12:21 AM
another Liberal prediction come to fruition,lol

miscman
09-25-2009, 12:32 AM
another Liberal prediction come to fruition,lol

another republican butthurt by obama's win :D

iliketodoit
09-25-2009, 12:35 AM
We'll have a black president before the US ever drafts again.

lawl

Vitalshok44
09-25-2009, 01:00 AM
another republican butthurt by obama's win :D

nonsensical response is nonsensical

nutsy54
09-25-2009, 04:36 AM
another Liberal prediction come to fruition,lolThis one is double-bonus points: Liberal rantings (even though a Democrat is the only one who regularly sponsors Draft legislation), plus CT/NWO hysteria that everything that's ever happened is "proof" of a plot to justify wars and drafts and stuff :)

ScreechPowers
09-25-2009, 04:51 AM
This one is double-bonus points: Liberal rantings (even though a Liberal is the only one who regularly sponsors Draft legislation)

oh please. charlie rangel is less of a liberal than he is a crazy person. I'm liberal but I'd never in a million years vote for him. Nothing about his draft proposals represent liberal ideology.

brighamw
09-25-2009, 07:04 AM
BTW, some of the "greatest generations" lived through and prospered with a draft. We had the draft when this country was becoming great 40's & 50's. We got rid of it after the 60's, hey what do you know, about the time America began it's downward spiral :) As a former miltary person, as well as my ex-wife, Grandfather, Father , brothers, etc... I must say I am on the unpopular side of this one. I believe America should have a model somewhat similar to Israel's where all young people, men & women do some sort of service to their country for a couple years. Having said that, the trick is too get a system where politicians sons & daughters or the wealthy are not getting exemptions like we saw in huge numbers during Vietnam. Just my humble opinion :)