PDA

View Full Version : overcoming being lactose intolerant...

Rav
04-14-2004, 05:17 AM
Is it scientifically possible to grow out of being lactose intolerant.

I recently noticed that i am lactose intollerant, and its really annoying as milk was one of my main sources for protein. Is it possible to overcome this as you get older?

Be interested if anyone has experienced this.

Ms. Lucy
04-14-2004, 05:49 AM
Hey Rav,

I was lactose intolerant as a child and eventually grew out of it, though never aquired a taste for milk.

On a sour note, I just read some interesting stuff suggested by Ms. Fit at www.milksucks.com. After reading it, you may not want to become tolerant again--lol.

Hope that helps.

simplecanibus
04-14-2004, 07:54 AM
you can't grow out of it to my knowledge. i've been lactose intolerant all my life, but when i started drinking raw milk i had no problems whatsoever since it's not pastuerized. it has all the necessary enzymes for digestion and the nutrients aren't lost or damage like conventional milk. if you want milk that bad i suggest trying that, cause most people become lactose intolerant a little after the age of 2 when we're supposed to stop drinking milk. like arnold said, "milk is for babies".

Rav
04-14-2004, 04:22 PM
When i was young, as far as i know, i was not lactose intolerant. However i noticed lately whenever i drink milk get diarrhoea, and when i dont have milk then i have no probs.

I have not been drinking milk for about 3 months now, but im trying it again. It seems like its fine so far, but im going to give it a week or so to make sure. Maybe it takes a while to get into the system and notice the sideeffects.

Just thought id ask if anyone has any similar experiences. I dont mind the taste off milk and its a cheap form of protein :) and also makes protein powders taste half decent.

Josh37
04-14-2004, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by Ms. Lucy
On a sour note, I just read some interesting stuff suggested by Ms. Fit at www.milksucks.com. After reading it, you may not want to become tolerant again--lol.

Stop posting this crap. Of course they are going to bash milk, they are animal rights activists freaks (PETA). If they had their wishes, they would have all meat products; tuna, chicken, beef banned! Post something original! Milk is great for bodybuilding! PETA SUCKS!

Rav
04-14-2004, 10:17 PM
totally agree... opened the site and closed it straight away. Not interested.

Thats why i hope i have overcome it and be able to drink milk again.

see how it goes