PDA

View Full Version : about creatine and whey protien

iCY
04-13-2004, 01:00 PM
i had a few questions about taking these 2 supplements.

1) when should i take them in my day?(when i wake up, before workout, after workout, before sleep, etc...)
2) about how much should i take?
3) what should i take it with?(mix in milk,water,etc..)
4) i read something about loading on creatine and then stoping for several weeks then restarting the cycle. is this one of those things that when you take it, you have to slowly ease off it? or can i just take it once a day and then decide to suddenly quit forever. will that have a negative effect?

thxx
ill post more if i have any =)

iCY
04-13-2004, 03:16 PM
bump

15u
04-13-2004, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by iCY
i had a few questions about taking these 2 supplements.

1) when should i take them in my day?(when i wake up, before workout, after workout, before sleep, etc...)
2) about how much should i take?
3) what should i take it with?(mix in milk,water,etc..)
4) i read something about loading on creatine and then stoping for several weeks then restarting the cycle. is this one of those things that when you take it, you have to slowly ease off it? or can i just take it once a day and then decide to suddenly quit forever. will that have a negative effect?

thxx
ill post more if i have any =)

1. both post workout
2. 20-60 grams protein, 5grams creatine
3. protein with water, creatine with something high in sugar - apple juice, grape juice, gatorade
4. don't load creatine, take 5g a day. you don't need to ease off.

JustBrowsin
04-13-2004, 03:22 PM
protein- You can take it whenever but try to limit yourself to one or two shakes a day since solid food is almost always preferable. An exception would be post workout. During this time you should take your shake with whey in water so it is absorbed as fast as possible. Creatine can be taken anytime. Some prefer post workout, others prefer before working out. Its up to you, the important thing is to have your muscles saturated so that it's always available. You don't have to load or cycle creatine either. Some argue its more effective and teh creatine companies advise you do (so you buy more creatine) but studies have shown that after a month those that load and those that dont end up at the same place, its just a little faster at teh beginning if you load. Bodybuilding's a marathon, not a sprint, so I personally see no reason to load but you have to figure that out for yourself. And your last question, yes, you can quit any time without any adverse side effects.

woodhog
04-13-2004, 07:14 PM
mix your whey and creatine with water and take it pre and post workout. don't load and don't cycle

zia
04-23-2004, 03:06 AM
creaine+grape juice and Whey+Water looks good for post-work-out should i do that?