PDA

View Full Version : needing post workout help

weeman75
04-13-2004, 01:00 AM
like some of you know i just started working out this week and i work out 3 times a week with a schedual i got from this web site i can feel the burn all week i love it. i have been readingf that i should have something for pre and post workouts what do you suggest , and right now money is very tight

sawastea
04-13-2004, 05:29 AM
The great thing about pre and post-workout nutrition is that it doesn't cost too much to get the nutrition you need to grow ;)

Pre-workout
* Oatmeal with a scoop of whey protein powder (30-45min prior to exercise)

Post-workout shake
* Whey protein powder with dextrose/maltodextrin and oats in water (if you're looking for a higher insulin spike)
* Whey protein powder with oats in water (if you're looking for a lower insulin spike)

Post-workout meal
* Lean protein (chicken breast, fish, steak, etc) with a complex, starchy carb [low GI] (sweet potato, yam, brown rice, etc) and a fibrous veggie

anthonyfel
04-13-2004, 05:39 AM
Originally posted by sawastea
The great thing about pre and post-workout nutrition is that it doesn't cost too much to get the nutrition you need to grow ;)

Pre-workout
* Oatmeal with a scoop of whey protein powder (30-45min prior to exercise)

Post-workout shake
* Whey protein powder with dextrose/maltodextrin and oats in water (if you're looking for a higher insulin spike)
* Whey protein powder with oats in water (if you're looking for a lower insulin spike)

Post-workout meal
* Lean protein (chicken breast, fish, steak, etc) with a complex, starchy carb [low GI] (sweet potato, yam, brown rice, etc) and a fibrous veggie

Good post Sawastea.