PDA

View Full Version : Creatine effects on Slow/Fast Twich Muscle Fiber

Cp bball3
04-12-2004, 05:03 PM
Creatine can convert Fast twich Muscle Fiber to Slow Twich Muscle Fiber? I read this on the other boards... Is it true? and if it is, wont this have an affect on an athlete in terms of speed and jumping ability...?

Danik
04-12-2004, 06:33 PM
I've never heard of that, but I have heard that creatine is useless for anything but short term muscular use. For instance, Creatine may help sprinters, but it won't do anything to help long distance runners.

Cp bball3
04-16-2004, 04:14 PM
bump bump bump

BerserkFury69
04-16-2004, 04:46 PM
Wow are both of you guys newbs to the bb game.The muscle growth by creatine does not all go to waste when your done sure most of it will but even 2 or 3 pounds of pure muscle can make a difference.

Cp bball3
04-16-2004, 05:40 PM
yeaa, i hate it when people rip on creatine and say its useless

Danik
04-16-2004, 05:49 PM
I'm not ripping on creatine or saying it is useless. I use Creatine and it works well. I'm trying to point out that it is mainly useful for short intense workouts like weight training, sprinting, football, etc. Activities where the muscles are in use over extended periods of time are not benefited by creatine. A runner may benifit from using creatine for leg weight training which in turn will make them better runners and what not, but Creatine is not going to enhance their ability to run just from it alone. Creatine recycles APP I believe into ATP for short intense workouts.