PDA

View Full Version : For the guys who took M1T

Reem
04-12-2004, 03:23 PM
I've read about the possible side effect of getting cramps in the (lower) back while supplementing with M1T.

Did that hinder you guys in such a way that you felt you couldn't do your squating, back training etc the right way? Or wasn't it that much of an obstacle to have nice workout sessions?

There is the advice to eat banana's to get potassium...did that help enough to get rid of the pains? Or is a seperate potassium supplement necessary? What are other good resources of potassium? I think Gatorade has potassium in it as well right?

Thanks

RObert Forbes
04-12-2004, 04:02 PM
No problem with squats or back work here and a banana always solves the problem for me.

Robert

willie
04-12-2004, 05:59 PM
I had expirenced really bad cramps that did inhibit my workouts, and to a point had me quit a few,but however I do get lower back pains sometimes from an old injury, but they were extremely exagerated with the M1t....I did supplement with Potasium, and ate plenty of bannas, did not help too much....I am probably one of the worst cases.

andyo
04-12-2004, 06:05 PM
willie, you are not alone, man.

My client, who is a veteran powerlifter and strongman, had been taking it and he had several problems.

To start off, he had severe, and I mean severe, hip and low back pain. Then his quad tightened up and would not release until the stuff wore off.

I have looked a bit closer and it may have a hard time going through the liver and kidneys as well. Any thoughts?

SideBurns
04-12-2004, 06:24 PM
the lower back pain SUCKED!
but ya just gotta go thru it.
when i would do hyperextensions to warm up for my back workout it hurn badly.
straight legs would hurt too and doing hack squats was a bitch too, i had tomake sure i went with a bit lighter weight so i could be sure my back was PERFECTLY straight.
but if ya wanna mess with the hormones then ya gotta deal with the sides.

Reem
04-12-2004, 07:38 PM
Okay...but so theoretically, if you can work through the pain you'll manage just fine? Or do you think you'll be damaging your lowerback muscles?

It is a problem of the muscles right...since some sugest potassium helped them...? Or is there pain in the bones, joints too?

It's too bad ofcourse that there aren't more researched facts on exactly what and why is occuring to make this particular side effect happen...would make it easier to prevent it maybe.

But then again, I realise that's a risk to take when trying out this new steroid.

jcsickz
04-12-2004, 11:25 PM
guys, this sounds dangerous. how do you know you aren't causing permanent back problems? is m1t really that much better than 1-test?

JAGCPT
04-13-2004, 04:00 AM
My back gets really tight, but it doesn't stop me from lifting. In fact, I'm steadily increasing my squat weight. My calves were so tight, though, that it has prevented me from running.

jcsickz
04-13-2004, 06:59 AM
now that I think about it, I've experienced bad lower back pain similar to what you guys are talking about while on 1-test/4-ad. The pain would always come on leg day and would sometimes be so severe I couldn't finish my workout. I always felt it was from carrying around too many plates.

This pain might not be limited to m1t.

Reem
04-13-2004, 07:21 AM
Did this back pain of you all start after you'd trained and used your back for the first time.....or did the pain come regardless of wether you trained and used your back?

Ragnarok
04-13-2004, 07:52 AM
Lower back pain is the only side effect I got from M1T. It lasted for the first 3-4 days, and then stopped. I am not wholly convinced it's the back muscles. It does make sense that somehow it would cause cramping in the lower BACK muscles, and not every other muscle.

Also, the pain was definitely NOT in the same area as the lower spinal erectors that are used during deadlifts, for me, it was more like a band across the entire back. Pressing on the area that usually hurts from deadlifts didn't make the pain worse. If fact, no pressing of any back area increased the pain.

The lower back pain sounds very much like pain described by patients with kidney problems. So I'm wondering if this is not actually kidney pain? I hadn't worked my back for about 5 days before starting M1T, and didn't work it again until the pain subsided. So maybe you ought to take into consideration that it could be kidney pain.

This does not mean I think M1T is bad, I will definitely do more cycles. Just thought I'd bring this up.

Reem
04-13-2004, 08:03 AM
If it was a kidney problem, then how do you explain that the people who ate banana's/ supplemented with potassium got rid of their problem. Or maybe it was coinsidence and their pain would have dropped after X days even if they'd not eaten those banana's...

Dorian
04-13-2004, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by willie
I had expirenced really bad cramps that did inhibit my workouts, and to a point had me quit a few,but however I do get lower back pains sometimes from an old injury, but they were extremely exagerated with the M1t....I did supplement with Potasium, and ate plenty of bannas, did not help too much....I am probably one of the worst cases.

hahaha I was literally crippled with lower back pain and could not do anything. Taking this stuff was a waste of my time.

Just_being_me
04-13-2004, 08:46 AM
i had really bad back pains as well...i got through my workout, but not the way i would have if i was 100%, i still have 1/3 the bottle left, but i really dont think i would even do another cycle....i personally didnt think the gains warranted the lethargy, and back pain, and pain in the ass of PCT....I feel i can get the same gains i got on my two week cycle, by just training harder...plus i'd keep all the gains

Ragnarok
04-13-2004, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by Reem
If it was a kidney problem, then how do you explain that the people who ate banana's/ supplemented with potassium got rid of their problem. Or maybe it was coinsidence and their pain would have dropped after X days even if they'd not eaten those banana's...

You may be right, and I am not disputing any claim about this being a muscle issue. The question I have is why is it in the lower back area, near the kidney area? What is causing the pain, and why is it not displayed in other muscles, in general. That's they ONLY place I felt it.

It was just a thought. I just thought I'd throw it out there. It doesn't seem to be causing any physical harm, so you're probably right.

AuggieDawgie
04-13-2004, 11:28 AM
I did 2 weeks. 10mg/day-15mg/day. Never had a back pain. As soon as I pass my helath exam for my life insurance Ill be doing another cylce.

willie
04-13-2004, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by Ragnarok
You may be right, and I am not disputing any claim about this being a muscle issue. The question I have is why is it in the lower back area, near the kidney area? What is causing the pain, and why is it not displayed in other muscles, in general. That's they ONLY place I felt it.

It was just a thought. I just thought I'd throw it out there. It doesn't seem to be causing any physical harm, so you're probably right.
Mine was more in the low back- sacrum..like I said, my usuall problems were exagerated..

Just_being_me
04-13-2004, 12:44 PM
i thought about the kidney thing as well when i had that pain...it was in that exact area, but i figured it was the 'back cramps' as people said, but i didnt try the banana thing....it did suck though, and my back workouts were kinda weak...i had pain, but i probrobly still could lift more than before, although i had pain afterwards, and during the end of the workout...then layed on the heating pad and took painkillers lol

NO MERCY
04-13-2004, 01:40 PM
I supplemented potassium and had very minor back pains.

SoCool
04-13-2004, 01:46 PM
I had no back pain. I ran 20mg a day for 2 wks. My only side effect was lethargy. I started my second cycle a little over a week ago, the only side effect this time has been big swolen muscles!

willie
04-13-2004, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by NO MERCY
I supplemented potassium and had very minor back pains.

how much did you supplement, I have read too much can give you heart attack....but I am thinking of adding a little more to the diet..

NO MERCY
04-13-2004, 02:03 PM
how much did you supplement, I have read too much can give you heart attack....but I am thinking of adding a little more to the diet..

1gram

600mgs - 1gram is a good range. I am a bigger guy so I went with 1 gram.

willie
04-13-2004, 02:09 PM
1gram

600mgs - 1gram is a good range. I am a bigger guy so I went with 1 gram.

I try it on my next upcoming cycle...I was only at about 100-200mgs...I am about 185 - 5'4"

NO MERCY
04-13-2004, 02:10 PM
I try it on my next upcoming cycle...I was only at about 100-200mgs...I am about 185 - 5'4"

You can try that if you wish... if you still have back cramps then up it

willie
04-13-2004, 02:24 PM
You can try that if you wish... if you still have back cramps then up it

evenly spread or all at once?

Thanks!