PDA

View Full Version : Passion of the Christe! Sick, sick movie

NorwegianBadass
04-12-2004, 03:10 PM
sick, sick, sick movie!

I just saw the film and it was horrifying how they tortured Jesus!
I think it was an importent thing to show, but also a thing to think about how humans treat eacother and how ppl are "going with the flow" and obsessed with blood and murders!

Say you opinion!

CITADEL
04-12-2004, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by NorwegianBadass
sick, sick, sick movie!

I think it was an importent thing to show, but also a thing to think about how humans treat eacother and how ppl are "going with the flow" and obsessed with blood and murders!

Say you opinion!

I'd say you're just a little late.

BORG4
04-12-2004, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by CITADEL
I'd say you're just a little late.

late indeed.

15u
04-12-2004, 03:12 PM
i found it disturbing.

you are a little late on this topic....

NorwegianBadass
04-12-2004, 03:14 PM
sorry... but the movie came a littel later her then in the U.S (they always do)

Just had to say my opinion!

mroc888
04-12-2004, 03:16 PM
LOL...wasnt there a big 'passion' thread like 2 months ago?

NothingMan
04-12-2004, 03:34 PM
the most disturbing thing i saw when i went to see the movie was that someone brought their 4 year old daughter to see the moviee how messed up is that?

plus the whole time the kid was asking her dad to go to the bathroom probably b.c she was scared and the dad kept saying "hold on we will go when this is over"

FreeBirdbulker
04-12-2004, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by NorwegianBadass
sick, sick, sick movie!

Say you opinion!

the thing is, is that that wasnt made up, and a pastor said that, you think that it was graphic, but no matter how bad they made it seem in the movie how he was treated and tortured, he said he knows it was worse in real life when it happened than in the movie. think about that.

Ruthless4Life
04-12-2004, 05:44 PM
It's interesting how even some Christians can be easily offended by Jesus' blood, yet, it was his blood that washed away their sins.

Think about the kids witnessing Jesus' crucification in real life back then. How much more trumatic it would had been than simply watching a watered down film about it.

XEastCoastHateX
04-13-2004, 01:01 AM
I just saw it today....and The only thing I can really say is WTF

Willie_Bosket
04-13-2004, 03:29 AM
Jesus was smeared with chocolate for our sins.

15u
04-13-2004, 07:54 AM
Originally posted by Willie_Bosket
Jesus was smeared with chocolate for our sins.

:confused: wtf?

Lynne
04-13-2004, 09:24 AM
Seven or eight years ago, a church I attended put on a passion play every year and it was very graphic. It took four hours to do the "lesions" on Jesus. This went on for a week. The make-up artists were excellent. It was "memorable." Also, the Roman soldiers took him around the audience so everyone could see close-up the disfiguring marks and graphic truth. It was emotionally painful to see him pushed and thrown down and to see the bruising, swelling, and bleeding. He looked like he had been torn apart by wild dogs. I imagine in real life, he didn't resemble a human being very much at the end.

Kane Fan
04-13-2004, 02:07 PM
it really pisses me off how people bitch and moan about the blood in this movie, but kill bill and anything else that has the blood in a movie just to sell tickets, not to show someone's actual belief of a real life event is fine!
that pisses me off to no end
that's really all I have to say about the movie in general
oh, and satan being a woman was brilliant and has been my theory for quite some time

punk69boy
08-02-2008, 07:35 PM
hi folx, i missed you a lot ;-)
I just have a new electro song with video
Go check out my song and video on: http://www.punkboy.info

Weightaholic
08-02-2008, 08:42 PM
the thing is, is that that wasnt made up, and a pastor said that, you think that it was graphic, but no matter how bad they made it seem in the movie how he was treated and tortured, he said he knows it was worse in real life when it happened than in the movie. think about that.We know this? How? From anecdotal accounts in the bible?

Seven or eight years ago, a church I attended put on a passion play every year and it was very graphic. It took four hours to do the "lesions" on Jesus. This went on for a week. The make-up artists were excellent. It was "memorable." Also, the Roman soldiers took him around the audience so everyone could see close-up the disfiguring marks and graphic truth. It was emotionally painful to see him pushed and thrown down and to see the bruising, swelling, and bleeding. He looked like he had been torn apart by wild dogs. I imagine in real life, he didn't resemble a human being very much at the end.See above.

jahlighted
08-02-2008, 08:42 PM
if that movie disturbs you then don't watch the hostel 1 & 2 , or any other horror movie.

Oh yeah btw , Christianity would of disturbed you alot back then. They used to practice torture and executions all the time on non believers... they weren't screwing around back in the days.

basement iron
08-02-2008, 09:43 PM
sick, sick, sick movie!

Say you opinion!

Yeah it really guilt trips you into believing.

Skunk
08-02-2008, 10:18 PM
Strong bump for the advertisement...

Compton24_OLD
08-02-2008, 10:35 PM
We know this? How? From anecdotal accounts in the bible?

See above.

It all comes down to faith. If you don't have faith, it's like arguing with your mouth taped shut. While I respect your beliefs, please respect our's.

Weightaholic
08-02-2008, 11:12 PM
It all comes down to faith. If you don't have faith, it's like arguing with your mouth taped shut. While I respect your beliefs, please respect our's.

What has your religion done to deserve my respect?

Boffman
08-03-2008, 12:05 AM
I think it's pretty sad Mel Gibson uses violence and gore to inspire faith.

Boffman
08-03-2008, 12:09 AM
the thing is, is that that wasnt made up, and a pastor said that, you think that it was graphic, but no matter how bad they made it seem in the movie how he was treated and tortured, he said he knows it was worse in real life when it happened than in the movie. think about that.

The movie highly exaggerated the violence and gore. A human cannot live that long suffering wounds like that without bleeding to death. Christ would have bled to death soon after the whippings.

Compton24_OLD
08-03-2008, 12:18 AM
The movie highly exaggerated the violence and gore. A human cannot live that long suffering wounds like that without bleeding to death. Christ would have bled to death soon after the whippings.

You also forget that Christ was the son of God(ACCORDING TO SCRIPTURE. AGAIN, THIS IS ALL IN FAITH.) I'm sure that if Christ can heal the sick, perform miracles all day long, and has even 1/10000000000000 the power that almighty God has, he is a very powerful human.

Skunk
08-03-2008, 12:20 AM

You have to remember though that the movie is based off of a fictional book, so the movie is gonna have some fantasy to it also.

Violator009
08-03-2008, 12:30 AM
You have to remember though that the movie is based off of a fictional book, so the movie is gonna have some fantasy to it also.

There is evidence, just some things like miracles perfomed must be taken on faith...

Weightaholic
08-03-2008, 12:41 AM
You also forget that Christ was the son of God(ACCORDING TO SCRIPTURE. AGAIN, THIS IS ALL IN FAITH.) I'm sure that if Christ can heal the sick, perform miracles all day long, and has even 1/10000000000000 the power that almighty God has, he is a very powerful human.According to your book, Jesus was fully human in form.

R0ck_S0lid
08-03-2008, 01:39 AM
Some serious ass-whoopin in that movie. No story

Compton24_OLD
08-03-2008, 01:55 AM
According to your book, Jesus was fully human in form.

I do remember here several years back when some gangster took 70 some bullets to the body and lived.

is it possible that the son of God was maybe a bit more durable than the average human?

ironman1964bc
08-03-2008, 02:25 AM
Well, Jesus knew that he would have to shed a hell of alot of blood just to wash away the sins of future christians. Hell, the blood in the movie wouldn't even cover the crusades.

GettinBig1989
08-03-2008, 05:37 AM
whos jesus

R0ck_S0lid
08-03-2008, 05:59 AM
whos jesus

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/54/Jesus_facepalm.jpg (http://www.threadbombing.com/details.php?image_id=2800)

AlbinoGerbil
08-03-2008, 08:38 AM
Anyone remember the 'Family Guy' episode where Peter and Lois try to stop Mel Gibson from releasing another movie?