PDA

View Full Version : Why did we lose control of cities in Iraq

Jimineye
04-12-2004, 03:51 PM
What I want to know is why did we lose control of cities in Iraq. If we are occupying those cities how in the hell did we lose them and now have to retake them? This reminds me of the Korean war where we would take a hill, leaders would then pull the troops back and the enemy forces would then take the hill again. So the soldiers had to go back and retake the hill.

This is absurd, if we take a city we need to occupy it. And kill all insurgents, there is no point in negotiating with terrorists. Also why in sam hell is the Iraqi police force running when their buildings are under attack? They are supposed to be there and defend the police and not run.

mariners216
04-12-2004, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by Jimineye
Also why in sam hell is the Iraqi police force running when their buildings are under attack? They are supposed to be there and defend the police and not run.
One of two things.

1. they're big pussies

2. they sympathize with the insurgents, and hate the u.s.

LordNeon
04-12-2004, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by Jimineye
Also why in sam hell is the Iraqi police force running when their buildings are under attack? They are supposed to be there and defend the police and not run.

They're probably underequipped and not well-trained, and maybe even just a little bit uneasy about firing on their own people.

I heard today they're having problems with some Iraqi policemen deserting to join Sadr's militia.

mariners216
04-12-2004, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by LordNeon
They're probably underequipped and not well-trained,
meant to put that in my post above

Jimineye
04-12-2004, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by LordNeon
They're probably underequipped and not well-trained, and maybe even just a little bit uneasy about firing on their own people.

I heard today they're having problems with some Iraqi policemen deserting to join Sadr's militia.

Yeah I read that too, did you read it in the MSN article?

The Iraqi police need to learn that in order to protect themselves and their people, they are going to have to fire on some of their people. Our police forces do it daily here, I don't understand why they can't grasp that concept. They want protection, but dont' work for it.

Pain_is_temp
04-12-2004, 07:25 PM
I think it stems from insistance on the June 30 turn over date without there being a plan in place yet. No one knows who is going to have the power, or why they deserve it. I think this is putting much doubt into the minds of Iraqis who are worried the US will turn over power and leave, possibly after installing another Saddam who will resort back to the tactics used in his regime. In my opinion this June 30 date is very dangerous, until all (or at least the major) insurgencies are quelled do not even consider giving the power to someone. I do not agree with WHY we are there but now that we are we better damn well finish the job and leave that place in a whole hell of alot better shape in every aspect or we will see the hatred and terrorists attacks increase against the US. If we leave too soon and allow the inmates to run the asylum and see another Saddam in power all the radical jihad muslims will have an even more common ground to "hate" America.

ironhead31
04-13-2004, 06:05 AM
Originally posted by mariners216
One of two things.

1. they're big pussies

2. they sympathize with the insurgents, and hate the u.s. Well put. We can't trust any of thoses clowns right now.