PDA

View Full Version : Liberal Quotes

Jimineye
04-11-2004, 10:21 PM
“They are possibly the dumbest people on the planet ... in thrall to conniving, thieving, smug pricks,” he replied. “We Americans suffer from an enforced ignorance. We don’t know about anything that’s happening outside our country. Our stupidity is embarrassing.” - Micheal Moore

"I want you to listen to me. I'm going to say this again. I did not have sexual relations with that woman, Miss Lewinsky. I never told anybody to lie, not a single time-never. These allegations are false. And I need to go back to work for the American people." - Bill Clinton

"I would think that if you understood what Communism was, you would hope, you would pray on your knees, that we would someday become communists." - Jane Fonda

"Clinton's pardons have no impact on the health and welfare of the American people." - Barbara Streisand

"One could say that Osama bin Laden and these non-nation-state fighters with religious purpose are very similar to those kind of atypical revolutionaries that helped to cast off the British crown." - Marcy Kaptur- Democratic Representative Ohio

"He's (Osama bin Laden) been out in these countries for decades, building schools, building roads, building infrastructure, building day-care facilities, building health-care facilities, and these people are extremely grateful. We haven't done that." - Patty Murray- Democratic Senator Washington (speech to a high school honors class)

"If men like [Ken] Starr and his allies could ignore the Constitution and abuse power for ideological and malicious ends to topple a President, I feared for my country." - Hillary Clinton

"Not only did the tax cut fail to prevent a recession, as its supporters said it would, it probably made the recession worse," - Tom Daschle- Democratic Senator South Dakota (January 4, 2002)

"Republicans are men of narrow vision, who are afraid of the future." - Jimmy Carter

"Did I expect George Bush to f--- it up as badly as he did? I don't think anybody did." - John Kerry- Democratic Senator Massachusetts

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is." - Bill Clinton

"This vast right-wing conspiracy that has been conspiring against my husband since the day he announced for President." - Hillary Clinton

"It is an embarrassing time to be an American. It really is. It's humiliating." - Jessica Lange - at a film festival in Spain (September 25, 2002)

I know on September 11, we were all evacuated from the building, and we found ourselves standing outside—most of us. I was whisked away with no place to go. We ended up on the top floor of the police headquarters. We pulled the shades down, thinking that might make us more secure." - Tom Daschle - Democratic Senator South Dakota

"Their idea of equal rights is the American flag and Confederate swastika flying side by side." - Julian Bond - NAACP Chairman (On the Republican Party)

"The greatest crime since World War II has been U.S. foreign policy." - Ramsey Clark- former Democratic Attorney General

"Mr. Reagan will raise taxes, and so will I. He won't tell you. I just did." - Walter Mondale- July 19, 1988

"Drag a hundred-dollar bill through a trailer park, you never know what you'll find." - James Carville (on Paula Jones sexual harassment allegation against Bill Clinton)

http://theoak.com/cgi-bin/pol/pol.pl?read=77480 Got most of these quotes from there.

supergarr
04-11-2004, 10:26 PM
"Drag a hundred-dollar bill through a trailer park, you never know what you'll find." - James Carville (on Paula Jones sexual harassment allegation against Bill Clinton)

hahaha

lucubration
04-11-2004, 10:49 PM
DAMN LIBERALS

Reborn79
04-11-2004, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by lucubration
DAMN LIBERALS

Good argument. Honestly I have no retort for that, and you are one of the most articulate conservatives on this board.

;)

EDIT: Bah..having seen your post in the Liberal Thread, I'll take back the 'conservative' part of what I said. :D

Starsky
04-11-2004, 11:12 PM
"The energy of the stars becomes us. We become the energy of the stars. Stardust and spirit unite and we begin: one with the universe, whole and holy. From one source, endless creative energy, bursting forth, kinetic, elemental; we, the earth, air, water and fire-source of nearly fifteen billion years of cosmic spiraling."--Dennis Kucinich, in the "Journal of Concious Evolution"

mariners216
04-11-2004, 11:21 PM
I need some of what Kucinich was/is smoking..

Jimineye
04-11-2004, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by mariners216
I need some of what Kucinich was/is smoking..

Lol, to think that guy wanted to be president.

Pericles
04-11-2004, 11:35 PM
**** do I ever hate liberals/left-wingers/Democrats.

lucubration
04-12-2004, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by Reborn79
Good argument. Honestly I have no retort for that, and you are one of the most articulate conservatives on this board.

;)

EDIT: Bah..having seen your post in the Liberal Thread, I'll take back the 'conservative' part of what I said. :D

all in the interests of fairness my friend. What trash they all are...and how few are truly conservative....

Is Bush or Ashcroft a conservative? They've made our very constitution not worth the hemp it's written on...and that is the most conservative and yet truly bold documents ever devised...

Starsky
04-12-2004, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by lucubration

Is Bush or Ashcroft a conservative? They've made our very constitution not worth the hemp it's written on...and that is the most conservative and yet truly bold documents ever devised...

No, which makes the liberal claims of them being extreme Right-wingers all the more hollow.

lucubration
04-12-2004, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by Starsky
No, which makes the liberal claims of them being extreme Right-wingers all the more hollow.

hmmm...

honeybbqgrundle
04-12-2004, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by Starsky
"The energy of the stars becomes us. We become the energy of the stars. Stardust and spirit unite and we begin: one with the universe, whole and holy. From one source, endless creative energy, bursting forth, kinetic, elemental; we, the earth, air, water and fire-source of nearly fifteen billion years of cosmic spiraling."--Dennis Kucinich, in the "Journal of Concious Evolution"

Wtf this is hilarious. I guess he's on target considering that we are made from universal elements that also compose stars, rocks, etc, but holy **** what a disturbing way of saying it. I like the Mondale quote actually, at least he didn't lie about his plans like every other poltician (although every knows that lying is the only way to win)