PDA

View Full Version : Iraqi marchers break through US roadblocks

Crimson-Model
04-11-2004, 12:55 PM
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=1514&e=31&u=/afp/20040408/wl_mideast_afp/iraq_us_fallujah_demo_040408103955
A little old(April 8) but still relevent.

A convoy of pedestrians and cars has managed to break through US military roadblocks in order to bring aid to rebel fighters in Fallujah. Residents of the area helped push the convoy through and US soldiers saw a hail of stones come their way.

In a rare display of sectarian unity, Sunnite and Shiite clerics from Baghdad organized the convoy. Marchers chanted: "No Sunnis, no Shiites, yes for Islamic unity. We are Sunni and Shiite brothers and will never sell our country."

If the USA has to use force and violence to stop the civilians from interferring they will be no better than the former rulers of Iraq.

Please think before you post ; 'omg, we should just shoot them all' is not welcome in my thread.

Petey_G
04-11-2004, 01:02 PM
If they are suplying the enemy, they ARE the enemy...

Starsky
04-11-2004, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by Crimson-Model
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=1514&e=31&u=/afp/20040408/wl_mideast_afp/iraq_us_fallujah_demo_040408103955
A little old(April 8) but still relevent.

A convoy of pedestrians and cars has managed to break through US military roadblocks in order to bring aid to rebel fighters in Fallujah. Residents of the area helped push the convoy through and US soldiers saw a hail of stones come their way.

In a rare display of sectarian unity, Sunnite and Shiite clerics from Baghdad organized the convoy. Marchers chanted: "No Sunnis, no Shiites, yes for Islamic unity. We are Sunni and Shiite brothers and will never sell our country."

If the USA has to use force and violence to stop the civilians from interferring they will be no better than the former rulers of Iraq.

Please think before you post ; 'omg, we should just shoot them all' is not welcome in my thread.

Omg, we should just shoot them all.

Crimson-Model
04-11-2004, 01:06 PM
geez stark, you're not even trying anymore....

I don't think we should shoot people bringing them aid. We should be trying as hard as possible to deescalate the situation and to let the people know that these extremists are not helping them, they are making life harder for them. Driving the U.S. out of Iraq will ultimately hurt the average Iraqi. That is the message we need to get across. Not:

OMG LISTEN TO US OR WE SHOOT YOU MUTHA****A!

Crimson-Model
04-11-2004, 01:08 PM
Devils Advocate: How is a convoy of unarmed pedestrians carrying food and medical supplies endangering our soldiers??

Besides once they get inside they can acquire weapons and thus reinforcing the fighters in the town.

P.S. I am fairly liberal and I say Dont shoot them, it will just spark more uprisings from disgruntled fundementalists in the the country

batfonso
04-11-2004, 04:44 PM
I'll answer this question like anyone who has a brain would. If anyone is in any way aiding or helping the enemy, they become legit targets for the opposing force. That's all there is to say about the situation.

Someonecool17
04-11-2004, 05:14 PM
The soldiers should throw rocks right back at 'em

supergarr
04-11-2004, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by Petey_G
If they are suplying the enemy, they ARE the enemy...

exactly. we should be doing something to stop that.

Crimson-Model
04-11-2004, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by supergarr
exactly. we should be doing something to stop that.
Shooting them will just spark more uprisings from disgruntled fundementalists in the the country.

It seems that some of you are forgetting the US are supposed to be the good guys over there. Yes, the americans are supposed to create feelings of safety and security,but it should be done as equals with Iraqi citizens.

Once you start saying **** like our soldiers' lives are more important we need to kill them, you risk alienating yourselves from the same people you're helping.

The last thing the US needs is a unified backing of the uprising. The civilians who are supporting them see it as defending their country from occupation, could be trouble if it catches on around the rest of the country.
I do not see how the US can counter this without making themselves look bad in the eyes of the everyday Iraqis. Its bad enough the way the mosque incident went down and is playing out over there, things are not looking up for the occupation.

supergarr
04-11-2004, 06:12 PM
i never said mow em down

Crimson-Model
04-11-2004, 06:27 PM
It must've been that O'Reilly quote in your sig...

Heavily Armed
04-11-2004, 06:35 PM
Any aid to the enemy strengthens them to continue fighting. Anyone who's willing to attack American forces, as these people did, should be dealt with as the enemy. To allow them through showed weakness, which encourages the enemy.