PDA

View Full Version : Should the US withdraw its troops for the sake of hostages?

NoLimitNST
04-11-2004, 11:17 AM
Discuss ... I think yes, because if they didnt, they wouldnt give a **** about their own soldiers. then they should throw the atom bomb on their asses. its a hard decision, goes against the "no quit" attitude the US has

Reborn79
04-11-2004, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by NoLimitNST
Discuss ... I think yes, because if they didnt, they wouldnt give a **** about their own soldiers. then they should throw the atom bomb on their asses. its a hard decision, goes against the "no quit" attitude the US has

We got ourselves into the ****hole of a situation...now we have to ride it out. We never should have gone in the first place, but now that we are there, we need to stay until Iraq is stable. It is a lose-lose situation that could have been prevented...but some douchebags in the White House felt it was 'vital to national security' to invade the country (which of course is bull****).

As the death toll rises, just chalk it up as yet another death caused by the current administration misleading us into war.

Pericles
04-11-2004, 12:01 PM
Discuss ... I think yes

So you would have us be pushed around by terrorists then? Doesn't make for a good war on terrorism eh?

FatFat Bastard
04-11-2004, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by Pericles
So you would have us be pushed around by terrorists then? Doesn't make for a good war on terrorism eh?

worse comes to worse
US can withdraw to kurdish area, not from Iraq

this will create a power vacume
and a lot of blood would be spilled but in a mounth or to the people would pray for the Americans to come back.

or they can USA can use kurdish fighters to establish
peace, (at least in midd-north parts)
like the northen alliance in afganistan.

Esmir03
04-11-2004, 12:26 PM

droping of atom bomb would break the UN rules, and the whole world would be against us.

Bush got us into it he needs to get us out of it.

In my option no we should not withdraw troops for couple of reasons: Iraq would go baq to dictatorship, many more Iraqies would die who supported the US troops. Iraq would become a hot spot for terrorist. Iraq is in no position to have its own goverment, they are still rebuilding the mess that saddam made.

If we're there we should finish what we started.
Many Iraqies dont like us already, even more would hate us if we abendoned Iraq.

Pericles
04-11-2004, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by Esmir03
droping of atom bomb would break the UN rules

If rules cannot be enforced, then they are not rules. The UN is a meaningless debating society with no powers of independent enforcement.

USBrah
09-08-2014, 01:59 AM
To be fair, hostages is nothing worth a cent. They were there in the first place and we didn't force them to do their job on journalism.

wake_me
09-08-2014, 04:04 AM
We got ourselves into the ****hole of a situation...now we have to ride it out. We never should have gone in the first place, but now that we are there, we need to stay until Iraq is stable. It is a lose-lose situation that could have been prevented...but some douchebags in the White House felt it was 'vital to national security' to invade the country (which of course is bull****).

As the death toll rises, just chalk it up as yet another death caused by the current administration misleading us into war.

I do agree that it is a tight situation, and to pull out after causing this mess would look horrible. If only US citizens knew what the world was in for when they decided to go after those WMD. It certainly was not presented in any way that relates to the reality of the situation. I remember after a while, when it was being reported that the US could be in Iraq for 10 years, that notion sounded mind-blowing. That being said, to stay in Iraq until it is stable...will that ever happen?