PDA

View Full Version : Bush is such a kidder! (video)

SteakNPotatoes
04-11-2004, 11:06 AM
I think This Video Edit (http://www.musicforamerica.org/misc/media_files/bushjoke.mov) conveys my sentiments rather well.

Reborn79
04-11-2004, 11:27 AM
That's disgusting. Joking about an issue for which thousands have died and thousands more injured is despicable.

affy
04-11-2004, 02:01 PM
bush is an assclown

Debaser
04-11-2004, 02:30 PM
What a great guy!

I am sure someone will be on here soon defending Bush. I don't know how, but they will.

affy
04-11-2004, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by affy
bush is an assclown

i just saw that video. that was just disgusting.

mariners216
04-11-2004, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by affy
i just saw that video. that was just disgusting.

lucubration
04-11-2004, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by mariners216
BUMP

Reborn79
04-11-2004, 11:13 PM
I honestly do not understand how people could have any respect for a man like that. When I first saw that video I was disgusted; Bush having that trademark smirk on his face as he joked about WMDs...

Ugh, I have a renewed hatred for this president, and I am now reminded why I am voting Kerry in November.

Starsky
04-11-2004, 11:26 PM
Whats disgusting is the reaction here of assuming the Commander-in-Cheif could be so callous as to get entertainment out of dying servicemen. Anyone who believes that is an ignorant, infantile, partisan fool. Bush probably prays for the troops more than all six of you combined.

Debaser
04-11-2004, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by Starsky
Whats disgusting is the reaction here of assuming the Commander-in-Cheif could be so callous as to get entertainment out of dying servicemen. Anyone who believes that is an ignorant, infantile, partisan fool.

You're one to accuse others of being a "partisan fool". Are you on drugs? You are one of the most biased people on this board; adhering to anything the Republicans/Conservs spit out. Get a clue.

How in any way was this joke of good nature or humor? This is a very serious matter, but apparently not to him. I knew you would be quick to defend Bush. You're so predictable you partisan fool.

Starsky
04-11-2004, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by Debaser
You're one to accuse others of being a "partisan fool". Are you on drugs?

We are all partisans. But when you take it to the level of assuming Bush knew about 9/11 or assuming Bush derives joy and laughter from the death of troops, you take it to the level of being a "fool". Disagree? Go ahead and say which part.

Also, that video is straight propaganda. Intercutting images of dead troops and iraqis with a smiling Bush. Howabout intercutting images of babies being smashed on trees in Vietnam with video of a smiling John Kerry? Oh thats right, that would be stupid. We won't stoop quite that low thank you.

supergarr
04-11-2004, 11:37 PM
yea, whether your coming from the left, right or middle, what bush did was flat out disgusting and in such horrible taste. He gets negative brownie points for that.

Debaser
04-11-2004, 11:37 PM
We are all partisans. But when you take it to the level of assuming Bush knew about 9/11 or assuming Bush derives joy and laughter from the death of troops, you take it to the level of being a "fool". Disagree? Go ahead and say which part.

I never said anything about 9/11 and many people don't think this regardless of their affiliation. Of course he doesn't think that the war is funny, no one in their right mind would think that he does. He's not pure evil. You assume that people who denounce his jokes think this, when you're completely off base.

The fact of the matter is is that he started war over such 'false pretenses' and is scoffing it off like it doesn't matter. Sorry, this isn't humorous to me or many other people. Sure, the video has its own biases and agendas, but when you think about it, Bush really does come off as a jackass. What sick freak jokes about war in this manner?

Starsky
04-11-2004, 11:38 PM
You're one to accuse others of being a "partisan fool". Are you on drugs? You are one of the most biased people on this board; adhering to anything the Republicans/Conservs spit out. Get a clue.

How in any way was this joke of good nature or humor? This is a very serious matter, but apparently not to him. I knew you would be quick to defend Bush. You're so predictable you partisan fool.

Did you get called a partisan fool? No, the quote said anyone who believes Bush derives joy from dying troops *is* a partisan fool. You seem to disagree with this statement. So you believe Bush does derive joy from it? Honestly, do you have so much deep hatred for him as to believe that?

Starsky
04-11-2004, 11:41 PM
I never said anything about 9/11 and many people don't think this regardless of their affiliation. Of course he doesn't think that the war is funny, no one in their right mind would think that he does. He's not pure evil. You assume that people who denounce his jokes think this, when you're completely off base.

The fact of the matter is is that he started war over such 'false pretenses' and is scoffing it off like it doesn't matter. Sorry, this isn't humorous to me or many other people. Sure, the video has its own biases and agendas, but when you think about it, Bush really does come off as a jackass. What sick freak jokes about war in this manner?

The President has been mocked for 10 months on end. All of a sudden he is not allowed to poke fun at *himself*?

You think Bush doesn't pray for the troops everyday? You think he knowingly lied to the American people for political gain/oil? Really, what *do* you think? Debaser, you at least don't believe he derives joy and laughter from dying troops. But trust me, there are plenty who do. Do you think President Bush is a sick freak, or someone who deeply cares about the troops and does what he thinks is best? Which one, seriously?

Debaser
04-11-2004, 11:50 PM
Did you get called a partisan fool? No, the quote said anyone who believes Bush derives joy from dying troops *is* a partisan fool. You seem to disagree with this statement. So you believe Bush does derive joy from it? Honestly, do you have so much deep hatred for him as to believe that?

What? Now you're just putting words in my mouth. I never said such things, nor do I think this. Maybe you need to re-read my posts?

I simply found it funny and hypocritical that you would call other people "partisan fools" as you are one of the most biased people on this board. It's difficult for you to assimilate your own opinions outside of your party. We all know this.

And for the record, I don't think he gets joy from it, read my post above this one, thanks.

Starsky
04-11-2004, 11:56 PM
What? Now you're just putting words in my mouth. I never said such things, nor do I think this. Maybe you need to re-read my posts?

I simply found it funny and hypocritical that you would call other people "partisan fools" as you are one of the most biased people on this board. It's difficult for you to assimilate your own opinions outside of your party. We all know this.

And for the record, I don't think he gets joy from it, read my post above this one, thanks.

Yes, there are alot of extreme partisans here, myself included. Who said otherwise? When you cross certain lines like assuming Bush derives laughter from the death of thousands of troops, then you become a fool. Does this mean you do? No, thats what the question was for.

Here are the facts: Bush didn't know about 9/11, Bush doesn't get pleasure from troops dying, the war was not to steal oil, Bush prays for the troops everyday and does not find humor in their deaths, Bush did not knowingly lie to the American people. All this said, it is foolish to assume he is insensitive the plight of the troops. But he also understands, like the troops, that they must get the job done. There are tons of partisan fools who believe the exact opposite of the above, out of political hatred. If it means undercutting the military for political gain, then they'll do it. President Bush has more real life concern for the troops than most of the political armchair experts on this board. We don't see them praying everday, visiting hospitals. Thats because the politics of Iraq matter more to them then success or the reality of Iraq.

Debaser
04-11-2004, 11:57 PM
The President has been mocked for 10 months on end. All of a sudden he is not allowed to poke fun at *himself*?

You think Bush doesn't pray for the troops everyday? You think he knowingly lied to the American people for political gain/oil? Really, what *do* you think? Debaser, you at least don't believe he derives joy and laughter from dying troops. But trust me, there are plenty who do. Do you think President Bush is a sick freak, or someone who deeply cares about the troops and does what he thinks is best? Which one, seriously?

Sorry, poking fun at a war gone wrong (as far as evidence is concerned) is not poking fun at *himself*. It is scoffing at a war where people die; men, women, children, servicemen.

I think he is someone who cares about the troops and human life, but is not fully aware of the consequences and realities of war. The way he and this administration went about things goes to show you how forgetful we are of our past actions.

I think you're trying to say that I personally think that he likes to see dead troops as you keep brining it up. Get off it already.

Please, just admit that the President's joke was in no way "good humor" or funny at all. Please, for the sake of my sanity.

Debaser
04-12-2004, 12:02 AM
Yes, there are alot of extreme partisans here, myself included. Who said otherwise? When you cross certain lines like assuming Bush derives laughter from the death of thousands of troops, then you become a fool. Does this mean you do? No, thats what the question was for.

See, this is where you just make up ****. Where did someone say this?. There may have been a few, but from what I saw there weren't any. All they said is that the President is a disgusting person for saying such a joke. I tend to agree with this statement. Never (even with the video's bias) did I think that the president thought the war was funny that soldiers died. Not once. And, to be quite honest, I don't think the video's intention was of that nature. It was merely informing the public that the president is able to start a war over false pretenses and laugh it off as if nothing happened and no one died.

Maybe it is you who is misinterpreting things. You seem to have your own agenda it seems.

Starsky
04-12-2004, 12:09 AM
See, this is where you just make up ****. Where did someone say this?. There may have been a few, but from what I saw there weren't any. All they said is that the President is a disgusting person for saying such a joke. I tend to agree with this statement. Never (even with the video's bias) did I think that the president thought the war was funny that soldiers died. Not once. And, to be quite honest, I don't think the video's intention was of that nature. It was merely informing the public that the president is able to start a war over false pretenses and laugh it off as if nothing happened and no one died.

Maybe it is you who is misinterpreting things. You seem to have your own agenda it seems.

Intercutting images of Bush laughing and dead troops doesn't suggest that to you? It's called propaganda and it obviously it works. The President is not a "disgusting" person. He made a joke in good faith and not to make fun of troops or death. People took offense to it, because of hatred that existed before the joke took place. Maybe you should try to sit down and have a conversation with him at a bar to determine whether he is a "disgusting" person who finds humor in war.

There were political cartoonists who made fun of figures in WW2, Vietnam etc and no one cared. Why? Because there is no political goal to attacking a cartoonist. You would have to be one twisted bastard to make jokes based on troops dying. You also have to assume everyone who laughed at the joke is also disgusting. This includes many diehard supporters of the military, democrats, republicans, liberals, conservatives and press. Yeah all those people are disgusting...whatever.

lucubration
04-12-2004, 12:17 AM
His joke is not funny because the underlying theme is that the reason why we are in the war in the first place did not materialize and our countrymen are dead because of it and he thinks it's funny that this war obviously has no point.

He has NEVER apologized for the intelligence oversight, whose "FACTS" he used to bully the entire world.

YES he's been railroaded in the stupid ass 911 investigations but his other actions are absolutely represehensible and I feel that he is not even truly a man.

Interpret that how you will.

And btw, IF it's not to steal oil, then I respect him EVEN LESS....

Debaser
04-12-2004, 12:30 AM
Intercutting images of Bush laughing and dead troops doesn't suggest that to you? It's called propaganda and it obviously it works. The President is not a "disgusting" person. He made a joke in good faith and not to make fun of troops or death. People took offense to it, because of hatred that existed before the joke took place. Maybe you should try to sit down and have a conversation with him at a bar to determine whether he is a "disgusting" person who finds humor in war.

There were political cartoonists who made fun of figures in WW2, Vietnam etc and no one cared. Why? Because there is no political goal to attacking a cartoonist. You would have to be one twisted bastard to make jokes based on troops dying. You also have to assume everyone who laughed at the joke is also disgusting. This includes many diehard supporters of the military, democrats, republicans, liberals, conservatives and press. Yeah all those people are disgusting...whatever.

He's making fun of that fact that the US went to war on false reasons. Yeah, jokes that come from a cartoonist are generally funny and in good taste (same with SNL, etc). However, being the freaking President puts you at a slightly higher position than an artist working 9 to 5. Jeez, keep digging a hole man.

I probably wouldn't have a discussion at a bar due to his incredibly religious-right standpoint. Maybe we could go to a club, at least he dances unlike Ashcroft.

No, those people aren't disgusting for laughing at the joke. It appears harmless, but when you think about the whole situation and times the US is in, it in no way holds any humorous merit.

Please, admit the joke was in bad taste. No wait, that's too much for you uber-Bush head to admit. Admit he was *slightly* wrong in what he said. Please, just for me. You can PM your response if you want to.

Ruthless4Life
04-12-2004, 01:14 AM
Bush actually said that? I mean, in those words?

What the ****ing dumbass if he did. He's only making a fool of himself.

milo34
04-12-2004, 05:22 AM
Originally posted by supergarr
yea, whether your coming from the left, right or middle, what bush did was flat out disgusting and in such horrible taste. He gets negative brownie points for that.

my thoughts exactly :mad:

Heisman
04-12-2004, 05:55 AM
What did he say? I can't download .movs.

SteakNPotatoes
04-12-2004, 07:20 AM
Originally posted by Heisman
What did he say? I can't download .movs.

It was actually footage of the White House Correspondent's Dinner, in which Bush is going through a mock "photo album." He displays pictures of himself looking around the oval office in "comical" posititions, while he says "Those WMDs have got to be around here somewhere!"

That is when the video editor splices in some cartoon clown music and the pictures/profiles of dead US soldiers while Bush continues to play his little gag. Then the editor splices in pictures of dead and mutilated Iraqi civilians, as Bush is still poking fun at the lack of WMDs.

Jimineye
04-12-2004, 08:22 AM
Propaganda

ironhead31
04-12-2004, 08:29 AM
Democrats will try ANYTHING to smear the reputation of Pres.Bush!

Reborn79
04-12-2004, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by ironhead31

No, we don't have to try anything...we just let Bush do everything. He can win converts to our side by his actions and words alone (as can be seen in that video).

Reborn79
04-12-2004, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by Jimineye
Propaganda

Yes, the video has an 'opinion' and 'bias'...but it doesn't change what Bush said.

He JOKED about not finding WMDs, when THAT WAS THE ARGUMENT to go to war (and send these American soldiers to their deaths).

Now he turns around and JOKES about not finding WMDs?

I'm sorry, but try to have a little more class than that.
Well, considering it's Bush, I doubt that's possible.

And no, I don't believe he had planned on 'killing our troops' or is laughing AT the deaths...but what he did was disgusting , in terrible taste, and in my opinion is symbolic of his administration's arrogance (towards the American people and the governments of the world).

milo34
04-12-2004, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by Reborn79
He JOKED about not finding WMDs, when THAT WAS THE ARGUMENT to go to war (and send these American soldiers to their deaths).

Now he turns around and JOKES about not finding WMDs?

I'm sorry, but try to have a little more class than that.
Well, considering it's Bush, I doubt that's possible.

And no, I don't believe he had planned on 'killing our troops' or is laughing AT the deaths...but what he did was disgusting , in terrible taste, and in my opinion is symbolic of his administration's arrogance (towards the American people and the governments of the world).

well said.

mariners216
04-12-2004, 01:42 PM
lol talking like he has any sort of good reputation in the first place..

BigKazWSM747
04-12-2004, 01:43 PM

There is plently to smear. And truth be told they are only doing what the repubs are trying to do against Kerry.

Debaser
04-13-2004, 09:43 PM

He's smearing himself.