PDA

View Full Version : Judaism, Christianity, Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism, Sikhism, etc, are the same Religion

Ruthless4Life
04-11-2004, 02:06 AM
Very brief outline:

Judaism - Jews being the chosen people.

Christianity - Jesus, a Jew, being the Messiah.

Islam - Muhammad is the prophet of Allah (God), and most Muslims, Arabs, are decendents of Jews.

Hinduism - Jesus, Buddha, etc, are different forms of Krishna (God).

Buddhism - Buddha, a Hindu, spreads his words of wisdom.

Sikhism - combined elements of Hinduism and Islam.

As you can see, all these major religions are inter-related. I conclude that these are all "one religion, different interpretations." People should realize deep down, they worship the same thing for the same reasons, only do they have minor different view points of certain trivial things. People should not be seperated by their religions.

Jcfreak_02
04-11-2004, 02:13 AM
The only problem with the statment is if you look at each religion's holy writings, the God has a huge range of characteristics. From my understanding and correct me if I am wrong, Islam does not believe in original sin, and therefore does not believe that they need to be redeemed. Nor does Hindism, Buddism, or Sikhism. Judaism as it is today (reformed) also does not indicate a need to seek redemption from God. They are all very significantly different.

Ruthless4Life
04-11-2004, 02:21 AM
Originally posted by Jcfreak_02
The only problem with the statment is if you look at each religion's holy writings, the God has a huge range of characteristics. From my understanding and correct me if I am wrong, Islam does not believe in original sin, and therefore does not believe that they need to be redeemed. Nor does Hindism, Buddism, or Sikhism. Judaism as it is today (reformed) also does not indicate a need to seek redemption from God. They are all very significantly different.

There are certainly very different in religious writings about certain things, but they are merely different human "interpretations," or atleast that is what I consider them to be, of the same thing. There is no fixed image of God, but it is evident to them all of God's existence, therefore, it could be said they worship the same thing. Other trivial things that happen in each of their religions are what revolve around God, which is, arguably, the "same" God, but can, of course, be viewed differently.

Heavily Armed
04-11-2004, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by Ruthless4Life
There are certainly very different in religious writings about certain things, but they are merely different human "interpretations," or atleast that is what I consider them to be, of the same thing. There is no fixed image of God, but it is evident to them all of God's existence, therefore, it could be said they worship the same thing. Other trivial things that happen in each of their religions are what revolve around God, which is, arguably, the "same" God, but can, of course, be viewed differently.

The disagreement is who or what is God. Christianity holds that Jesus is the Son of God. Jesus said no man comes to the father but by Him. While all mankind had the same origin, differences in theology branch out from there. In some countries that are ruled by another religion, Christians have been and are killed for their faith. This shows that there are grave differences between the religions recognized by the differing faiths. The common bond is a belief in a higher authority. This does not lump all beliefs together.

nitr0x
04-11-2004, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by Ruthless4Life

Islam - Muhammad is the prophet of Allah (God), and most Muslims, Arabs, are decendents of Jews.

Most muslims arent arab...Only about 15% of all muslims are arabs.

potatoe
01-02-2010, 02:30 AM
Blindead come and get it.

Blindead
01-02-2010, 03:03 AM
http://423smith.com/wp-content/doom.jpg

MEANWHILE, at the Legion of Doom...

imaxman
01-02-2010, 06:37 AM
Huh? These religions have nothing to do with one another.

_AdaM_
01-02-2010, 06:40 AM
strong bump.

brb cleaning the dust of the reply button

imaxman
01-02-2010, 06:42 AM
holy sh!t, I didn't even notice potatoe bumped a 6 year old thread. jeezus buddy, chill on that. :rolleyes:

Rozzah
01-02-2010, 07:05 AM
Think of religion as computer software..

you had version 1.0

the people rejected,

so version 2.0 came along.

abit of this accepted, mostly rejected though,

so version 2.5 came along

untill a final version was given and no more was to come after this.

logically speaking which version of software would you use?

Bahai.Lifter
01-04-2010, 04:07 PM
Exactly, all the Divine religions are One. Because they all come from the same Source: the one true God. The oneness of religion is an essential teaching of the Baha'i Faith. So it's strange that religions fight against each other!

Queequeg
01-04-2010, 04:53 PM
Think of religion as computer software..

you had version 1.0

the people rejected,

so version 2.0 came along.

abit of this accepted, mostly rejected though,

so version 2.5 came along

untill a final version was given and no more was to come after this.

logically speaking which version of software would you use?

lol very intreasting way of looking at it, are the new versions backwards compatable?

koh19
01-04-2010, 05:12 PM
Well right off the bat, Christianity and everything that goes with it (the bible, the story of jesus, the virgin birth, moises,...) is copied from the egyptian mythology.

TheCroz87
03-15-2010, 11:57 AM
Very brief outline:

As you can see, all these major religions are inter-related. I conclude that these are all "one religion, different interpretations." People should realize deep down, they worship the same thing for the same reasons, only do they have minor different view points of certain trivial things. People should not be seperated by their religions.

No offense man, but you obviously have no knowledge on christianity or any of these other religions. That statement can only be made by someone of extreme ignorance....read the bible

Mortum
03-15-2010, 12:01 PM
Fuk Religion
God is God

Richardpwindows
08-16-2013, 01:51 PM
"Not everyone saying to me lord lord will enter into the kingdom of the heavens but the one doing the will of my father who is in the heavens will" so there is lots of false religion, which one is the true one, Jesus went door to door and did everything without asking for money from people like people do nowadays so to me religion should be free and the ones imitating Jesus should be chapping on our doors that's including the top people in that religion no one is above Jesus in this world so why do religious leaders get treated like they are it's a disgrace

UsernameOfPeace
08-16-2013, 04:22 PM

u wot m8

lasher
08-16-2013, 04:24 PM
http://dissociatedpress.net/uploads/images/no-grumpy-cat.jpg

RicksenUK
08-16-2013, 04:27 PM
Very brief outline:

http://www.crushable.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Ricky-Gervais-Laughing.gif

AgentLemon
08-16-2013, 04:27 PM
Very brief outline:

They certainly are not dharmic religions (south asia- hinduism, buddhism, sikhism) allows atheist, agnostic trains of though and they are more like a way of life. Religions of the book are not like that and are usually spread by the sword, coercion..

shmedium
08-16-2013, 04:52 PM
Strong generalizations