PDA

View Full Version : Mandatory draft



supergarr
04-10-2004, 07:14 PM
http://www.infowars.com/print/ps/mandatory_draft.htm

http://www.crossroad.to/articles2/2003/draft.htm

CerealKiller
04-10-2004, 08:26 PM
If we're still in Iraq and Afghanistan next year at this time I could see it.

JigaroKagan
04-10-2004, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by CerealKiller
If we're still in Iraq and Afghanistan next year at this time I could see it.

If it comes to pass, America will scream bloody murder denouncing the administration that formed it. People are already extremely weary of this war, but to draft the next generation into the conflict would 'cause an overwhelming amount of hate amongst the populace that could result in extreme actions, such as assassinations.

CerealKiller
04-10-2004, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by JigaroKagan
If it comes to pass, America will scream bloody murder denouncing the administration that formed it. People are already extremely weary of this war, but to draft the next generation into the conflict would 'cause an overwhelming amount of hate amongst the populace that could result in extreme actions, such as assassinations.

Then perhaps they should look a little longer than the tip of their nose before entering such an endeavor.

JigaroKagan
04-10-2004, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by CerealKiller
Then perhaps they should look a little longer than the tip of their nose before entering such an endeavor.

What would they be looking at past the tip of their nose?

Ak47
04-10-2004, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by JigaroKagan
What would they be looking at past the tip of their nose?

then maybe they could have seen that if the conflict lasted more than a year and a half, they would be low on troops and may need to enstate a draft. Or maybe that we could lose many of our allies. Or even possibly that Saddam Hussein didnt have any weapons of mass destruction.

JigaroKagan
04-10-2004, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by Ak47
then maybe they could have seen that if the conflict lasted more than a year and a half, they would be low on troops and may need to enstate a draft. Or maybe that we could lose many of our allies. Or even possibly that Saddam Hussein didnt have any weapons of mass destruction.

Actually, excuse what I said, I misread what he typed. I thought he was regarding those that didn't support the draft as being short-sighted rather then the entire conflict.

The Americans were short-sighted and full of passion prior to entering this conflict, so they disregarded any and all long term consequences of their actions. They're slowly beginning to realize that war isn't an open and shut deal. Not only that, but they're beginning to realize that they were led to war with many ambigious reasons that have yet to surface with any true value.

I don't intend on reaping what they've sown and thus, I'm strongly opposed to the draft.

CerealKiller
04-10-2004, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by JigaroKagan
What would they be looking at past the tip of their nose?

The administration said from the beginning this would be a long process but doesn't seem to have much of a plan for rotating the troops.

Also they never accounted for the anti-Americanism that has sprung up. The Bush administration has done something truly unique in getting the Sunnis and Shiites to unite against us.

And they seem to expect never ending UN and world support to bail them out when they clearly proceeded without the approval of the UN and most of the world community. This seems to have been the exit strategy to get us out and get the UN in, but is a rather shortsighted plan when you consider the UN is only involved reluctantly and wishes we never initiated this.

supergarr
04-10-2004, 09:37 PM
forcing people in, is just not a good idea. It wouldnt be cool, if you were in combat only to have some ADD buddy of yours (who doesn't want to be there to begin with) trying to watch your back. Youre going to get people doing crazy **** in the military if this goes through.

Fender85
04-10-2004, 11:43 PM
At least they can't draft me . . . I'm already in the Army. :D I can't believe we'd need a draft, I mean hell we have about 430,000 soldiers in just the Army.

Ruthless4Life
04-10-2004, 11:50 PM
The only way a draft would be effective is when everyone is motivated to fight, such as Israel. But for the US, I mean, from reading the posts I can tell most of you guys don't want to, which means that army would not be as effective. Bad idea.

Fender85
04-10-2004, 11:54 PM
Good point. Ask any war veteran what saved their life and you'll get two answers. Their training, and the man next to them. And if the man next to you doesn't even want to be there, I'd hate to see the outcome.

enjoyincubus
04-10-2004, 11:57 PM
you are all jumping the gun. we are by no means short on troops, for we have MANY more than 200,000. and besides, what good would more troops do, other than just being more targets for a guerrila war. this kind of war isnt fought by mass troops, but more by special forces.


it is sad how we americans wont handle our responsibilites now days. what used to be an honor, is now a curse. we are so self centered. so, if being drafted was the best for the country, would you do it? you would use your freedom of speech, but not pick up a weapon and defend it?

honeybbqgrundle
04-11-2004, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by enjoyincubus

it is sad how we americans wont handle our responsibilites now days. what used to be an honor, is now a curse. we are so self centered. so, if being drafted was the best for the country, would you do it? you would use your freedom of speech, but not pick up a weapon and defend it?

Well a lot of Americans consider this war unnecessary at best, so they naturally wouldn't wanna fight. I sure as hell wouldn't wanna go over there, but if I felt I needed to to help the country I would, as would most Americans

Jcfreak_02
04-11-2004, 12:41 AM
I am glad that the draft is supposed to be ready to be activated by next January (something I read from the white house press release). I do not think the draft will ever be reactivated until the Vietnam generation is gone. Too many bad memories and bad experiences with public opinion of the military at that time. If the draft is activated I would enlist. I think it would be a good idea if all male citizens had to serve in the military.

Ruthless4Life
04-11-2004, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by enjoyincubus
you are all jumping the gun. we are by no means short on troops, for we have MANY more than 200,000. and besides, what good would more troops do, other than just being more targets for a guerrila war. this kind of war isnt fought by mass troops, but more by special forces.


But, to fully occupy a country, a lot of troops will be needed. George Bush might be planning on occupying more countries other than Afghanistan and Iraq. Also, to forcefully occupy those countries, there may be more attacks on the US because of their occupation, therefore, more may be needed for national defense. And due to this, US may risk having a full scale war, therefore, large amount of troops may be needed for mobilization in case of war, and if a draft is in placed, mobilization will be a lot easier.

Willie_Bosket
04-11-2004, 07:23 AM
They are better off rounding up all the little street gang thugs, they seem to be trigger happy, and instead they would be killing an enemy instead of one another.

LethalOnGuitarZ
04-11-2004, 07:28 AM
I've heard of the draft being re-introduced, and I've seen those websites. I'm pretty sure no administration would have the guts to introduce re-instate the draft, because they wouldn't lase 5 minutes if they did.

Although maybe this will happen, and then maybe America will have a civil war in 2005. At least that's according to John Titor... :p

enjoyincubus
04-11-2004, 12:51 PM
they only way i see another major war happening would be if we somehow got mixed up with china.

if that was the case, mobilization might be nessacary, then we might re instate the draft. but, like many of you keep saying, we are fighting a guerrilla war, and more troops wont help for this type of fighting.


it is quite cynical to say bush is planning on invading more countries, and its quite cynical to say the DOD wants to re-instate the draft. i guess none of you remember in mid 01 when rumsfield was reforming the military. his entire doctrine relies not on a raw, large force, but a light and mobile one.

Petey_G
04-11-2004, 12:58 PM
The draft is being reinstated because it is a SMART move. If **** ever hits the fan (China and NK), the US needs this to mobilize quicker.

If you really think citizens are going to be drafted because of Iraq your dilusional...

JigaroKagan
04-11-2004, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by Petey_G
The draft is being reinstated because it is a SMART move. If **** ever hits the fan (China and NK), the US needs this to mobilize quicker.

If you really think citizens are going to be drafted because of Iraq your dilusional...

**** will never hit the fan between the US and China. We depend so much on each other that if we went to war, we would both lose drastically.

It isn't an intelligent move in the least. The administration that does it will be absolutely raped by the people.

JonZ
04-11-2004, 04:37 PM
Funny,Bushs daddy gets him out of the draft and now he wants to send other people off to war.

Theres alot of Bush supporters here. Instead of a draft ,why dont u guys go enlist, since your so confident hes doing the right thing.

Ruthless4Life
04-11-2004, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by enjoyincubus
they only way i see another major war happening would be if we somehow got mixed up with china.

if that was the case, mobilization might be nessacary, then we might re instate the draft. but, like many of you keep saying, we are fighting a guerrilla war, and more troops wont help for this type of fighting.


it is quite cynical to say bush is planning on invading more countries, and its quite cynical to say the DOD wants to re-instate the draft. i guess none of you remember in mid 01 when rumsfield was reforming the military. his entire doctrine relies not on a raw, large force, but a light and mobile one.

Under the Bush Administration, anything's possible.

Jimineye
04-11-2004, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by JonZ
Funny,Bushs daddy gets him out of the draft and now he wants to send other people off to war.

Theres alot of Bush supporters here. Instead of a draft ,why dont u guys go enlist, since your so confident hes doing the right thing.


I would proudly enlist if the draft got activated. Infact after I'm done with college I'm considering serving.

Fender85
04-11-2004, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by JonZ
Instead of a draft ,why dont u guys go enlist, since your so confident hes doing the right thing.

I did.

irpker
04-12-2004, 02:20 AM
Originally posted by Jimineye
I would proudly enlist if the draft got activated. Infact after I'm done with college I'm considering serving.

If you have a bachelor's degree in anything, you can enter any military branch as an officer. I heard that from a very reliable source. Anyway, that's what I most likely will be doing once I finish my degree~

Ruthless4Life
04-12-2004, 02:27 AM
Originally posted by irpker
If you have a bachelor's degree in anything, you can enter any military branch as an officer. I heard that from a very reliable source. Anyway, that's what I most likely will be doing once I finish my degree~

... I think that should be common sense by now :D