PDA

View Full Version : The Stituation in Iraq

CardiMuscles
04-10-2004, 02:08 PM
is a ....

Ak47
04-10-2004, 02:20 PM
we shouldnt have been their in the first place, but now that we turned their entire world upside-down, we cant just leave. Now we have to stick it out, even though we have more and more casualties on our side every day, or else we will just look like even bigger monsters to the rest of the world for just leaving the iraqi people in such chaos.

mariners216
04-10-2004, 05:22 PM
Better than under Sadamm, but not good.

BigKazWSM747
04-10-2004, 07:10 PM
Better than under Saddam, but it could be a lot better.

Starsky
04-10-2004, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by BigKazWSM747
Better than under Saddam, but it could be a lot better.

Here's the best strategy. Make sure no Saddam clone gets in power, and keep the US troops in the bases. That way we take very few casualties and the Iraqis can blow themselves to kingdom come.

As long as its nots a terrorist/WMD threat/dictator we shouldn't risk troops to save Iraqis from themselves. Just stay in the bases till the job is done then leave. No cutting and running, no Vietnam.

Ruthless4Life
04-11-2004, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by Starsky
Here's the best strategy. Make sure no Saddam clone gets in power, and keep the US troops in the bases. That way we take very few casualties and the Iraqis can blow themselves to kingdom come.

As long as its nots a terrorist/WMD threat/dictator we shouldn't risk troops to save Iraqis from themselves. Just stay in the bases till the job is done then leave. No cutting and running, no Vietnam.

I think that is what the US is trying to do - set up an Iraqi government, and get the hell out of there... except for the oil companies.

Jcfreak_02
04-11-2004, 12:57 AM
I hope it gets better. The sad thing is that this will take time as any major change like this would. My brother told me yesterday that he is likely to be deployed to Iraq due to the new uprising this past week. It is not a fun situation but, I think the ends outweighs the means.

LethalOnGuitarZ
04-11-2004, 07:31 AM
It'll never get better. I bet in about 3/4 months time America's attitude will be - 'Fine, if you don't want to co-operate with is, and you don't want to be a rich country, then go sort it out for yourselves, we're outta here...' And then they'll pull all of their forces of Iraq, and then Iraq will get another cruel dictator ruling it, and he'll probably be worse then Saddam.

Way to go Bush... :rolleyes:

John Promise
04-11-2004, 11:10 AM
I think if the Iraquis don't want us there and are ungrateful for deposing an evil dictator, then we should open up diplomatic relations with Iran and hand Iraq over to them...Tell Iraq if they don't want us there, we're leaving. Then look the other way as the Iranian army marches in.

They'll probably blame us for destroying their military and leaving them defenseless, but hey, they're asking for it.

BigTruckGuy3500
04-11-2004, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by John Promise
I think if the Iraquis don't want us there and are ungrateful for deposing an evil dictator, then we should open up diplomatic relations with Iran and hand Iraq over to them...Tell Iraq if they don't want us there, we're leaving. Then look the other way as the Iranian army marches in.

They'll probably blame us for destroying their military and leaving them defenseless, but hey, they're asking for it.

Well, how would you like it if an army marches into your country and does not leave. They say they are trying to help, but they destroy your cars because they think there may be a bomb in it. Or they strip search your wife while you watch at gun point. Or they run over your kid with a tank. All this really happens. I'm not defending the Iraqis, I'm just trying to show you the reason why they might be so pissed. They're not going to just go killing because they feel like it.

Crimson-Model
04-11-2004, 12:52 PM
Dreadful mess...
Human lives of any nationality are not to be toyed with like chess pieces to satisfy somebody's thirst of war or ignoble pursuits.
If Bush wants to "free" Iraqis, let HIM go over there personally, carry a rifle, and do all the liberating he wants. He had his chance to fight a war in the 60s but decided it wasn't for him.

For those that say that 'if we leave now, another dictator will take it's place...' then I say so be it.
I do realize the Iraqis are mostly adults who can figure out what they want amongst themselves. Whether that is through civil discussion or civil war will be up to them.
I suggest we let Iraqis determine what IRaqis want, without our guns at their heads.
They want us out, I suggest we respect their wishes and leave.
They aren't pets for us to toy with and dictate politics to.
They are men and women who are more than capable for figuring out for themselves what they want.

Ak47
04-11-2004, 06:33 PM
How do we know that the Iraqi people want a democracy? It sounds very conceded of us to say that having a democratic/capitalist government is the only right way to have it, and the only other alternative is an evil dictatorship. The way I see it, democracy will never work in Iraq. Why couldn't they have a monarchy or something? Look at Saudi Arabia, many people there live comfortable lives, and they don't have a democracy. Why shove our ideals down the Iraqis throats? They have different ideals over there than the American people have, and if the bush administration truly cared about liberating the Iraqi people and giving them comfortable lives, then they would recognize those different ideals.

John Promise
04-11-2004, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by BigTruckGuy3500
Well, how would you like it if an army marches into your country and does not leave. They say they are trying to help, but they destroy your cars because they think there may be a bomb in it. Or they strip search your wife while you watch at gun point. Or they run over your kid with a tank. All this really happens. I'm not defending the Iraqis, I'm just trying to show you the reason why they might be so pissed. They're not going to just go killing because they feel like it.
Really depends. If George Bush threw people in woodchippers for disagreeing with him or gassed states that didn't vote for him, them I might welcome an occupying army. On the other hand, if New Zealand invaded because they were after our cattle industry, then I'd be on the streets fighting them off.

It all depends.

We're supposed to be over there to make their lives better in some way shape or form. Now that we've eliminated Saddam, everyone is out en masse saying they don't want us there. The situation is falling apart and the only ways to fix it are to either engage the protestors and sink our international popularity rating even lower, or leave and let them fall prey to a government worse than they had before.

My solution now is, if they really don't want us there, lets give them what they want. Let's leave and see how they like the new regime. Let them hold off the Iranian army on their own. At least the people of Afghanistan have more understanding of what we're trying to do there.

mariners216
04-11-2004, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by Ak47
How do we know that the Iraqi people want a democracy? It sounds very conceded of us to say that having a democratic/capitalist government is the only right way to have it, and the only other alternative is an evil dictatorship. The way I see it, democracy will never work in Iraq. Why couldn't they have a monarchy or something? Look at Saudi Arabia, many people there live comfortable lives, and they don't have a democracy. Why shove our ideals down the Iraqis throats? They have different ideals over there than the American people have, and if the bush administration truly cared about liberating the Iraqi people and giving them comfortable lives, then they would recognize those different ideals.
good point

is there any arab country living under a democracy (or democratic republic)?:confused: