PDA

View Full Version : If McCain somehow made it in as a third party cand..

mariners216
04-10-2004, 01:40 PM
Who would you vote for?

Jimineye
04-10-2004, 01:44 PM
Bush still! :D

BigKazWSM747
04-10-2004, 08:05 PM
I would gladly take McCain over either Kerry or Bush.

CerealKiller
04-10-2004, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by BigKazWSM747
I would gladly take McCain over either Kerry or Bush.

Same answer. And be hopeful he would clean up campaign finance reform.

SteakNPotatoes
04-10-2004, 10:08 PM
That would kick ass is McCain ran as a 3rd party.

It would be like Nader in '00, except it would take votes from bush.

guitarlifter
04-11-2004, 12:17 AM
McCain was the strongest republican canidate in the last election. He would have beat Gore easily. I would have probably voted for him, and I'm a democrat. Why didn't he get the nomination? He is not a friend of big buisness. And that is what controls, has a strangle hold on the American political system. That is what is undermining many of the qualities that have made America great. Clinton was in bed with big buisness. NAFTA was realized under his watch, fueled by companies salivating at the thought of ever-cheaper labor and tax evasion. And make no mistake, Bush and most of his adminastration IS big buisness. What we need is a canidate with Balls and a backbone (well, wouldn't even have to have balls) to stand up and start thinking and running the country for Americans. Bush isn't doing this, and I have my doubts about Kerry.

Starsky
04-11-2004, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by guitarlifter
McCain was the strongest republican canidate in the last election. He would have beat Gore easily. I would have probably voted for him, and I'm a democrat. Why didn't he get the nomination? He is not a friend of big buisness. And that is what controls, has a strangle hold on the American political system. That is what is undermining many of the qualities that have made America great. Clinton was in bed with big buisness. NAFTA was realized under his watch, fueled by companies salivating at the thought of ever-cheaper labor and tax evasion. And make no mistake, Bush and most of his adminastration IS big buisness. What we need is a canidate with Balls and a backbone (well, wouldn't even have to have balls) to stand up and start thinking and running the country for Americans. Bush isn't doing this, and I have my doubts about Kerry.

You really hate business don't you? Carnegie, Rockefeller, Trump, Gates. They are inspiring examples of success. Your hatred for Free Trade only proves your love for massive central government, regulatory agencies, higher taxes, new social programs.

The society that villifies the successful doesn't last long nor do well. If your a jobless dependent in 21st century America thats your problem. Capitalism is the freedom to make yourself a success and achieve the American dream.

Reborn79
04-11-2004, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by Starsky
You really hate business don't you? Carnegie, Rockefeller, Trump, Gates. They are inspiring examples of success. Your hatred for Free Trade only proves your love for massive central government, regulatory agencies, higher taxes, new social programs.

The society that villifies the successful doesn't last long nor do well. If your a jobless dependent in 21st century America thats your problem. Capitalism is the freedom to make yourself a success and achieve the American dream.

...Maybe he means that what should get people elected should be their views, not how much money they make from corporations supporting them.

If you think that the current system is fair, then you are mistaken. Money is everything, and so corporations pour money into candidates in hope to get a 'reward' if/when they are elected. Hence McCain's support for Campaign Finance Reform (which I agree with). This would greatly reduce the power corporations have in the election process.

It has nothing to do with 'regulating' corporations, it simply means that the priorities of a candidate are his views, and not allowing candidates to be biased towards corporations who have supported them by donating large sums of money.

There is really no reason to be against Finance Reform...it is an issue that is very serious currently. Take a look at Bush, who has been getting much more financial support from corporations than Kerry (or Gore in 2000, for that matter). Wonder why?

Either way, BOTH the democrats and republicans have been corrupted by this system, and I believe Finance Reform will change that.

http://www.organicconsumers.org/corp/corporate.cfm

ExtremeEnigma
10-30-2008, 04:46 AM
nader