PDA

View Full Version : Request: healthy sesame chicken recipe

j_neatherlin
04-10-2004, 06:41 AM
I'm a friggin chinese food junkie, particularly for sesame chicken. does anyone have a healthy recipe for this dish??

mivi320
04-10-2004, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by j_neatherlin
I'm a friggin chinese food junkie, particularly for sesame chicken. does anyone have a healthy recipe for this dish??

Found this recipe on "Healthy Sesame Chicken" after searching On Google:

Ingredients:
1 tbsp brown sugar substitute (Splenda will work just fine)
3 tbsp Reduced-sodium soy sauce
1 tbsp Seasame Seeds
2 cloves Garlic, chopped
1/8 tsp Black pepper, Fresh
4 oz Chicken breast halves (Skinless,Boneless)

Instructions:
Combine all ingredinets except chicken in a shallow
dish. Mix well. Add chicken, turning to coat. Cover
and marinate in the refrigerator at least 2 hours.
Remove chicken from marinate. Put the marinade aside.
Grill 4 to 5 inches from medium-hot coals for 15
inches from medium-hot for 15 minutes. Turn and baste
frequently with reserve marinade.

lochick87
04-10-2004, 10:03 AM
Also, Lean Cuisine has a Sesame Chicken meal. It's pretty tasty and not that bad if you have it once in a while.

j_neatherlin
04-10-2004, 10:31 AM
thanks for the recipe mivi. i'm assuming you've never tried it? i wonder if it's good.

also, I wonder if there's some way I can bread the chicken in a relatively low fat manner, as I really enjoy that part of the sesame chicken :) maybe I can use oat flour and rolled oats or something....

lochick - thanks for the suggestion, but I prefer to stay away from frozen dinners and such. i don't like the preservatives.

such a loser yo
04-10-2004, 04:37 PM
also, I wonder if there's some way I can bread the chicken in a relatively low fat manner, as I really enjoy that part of the sesame chicken :) maybe I can use oat flour and rolled oats or something...

maybe you can crumble up kashi go lean cereal. not sure how it would turn out, but it's just a thought.

mivi320
04-10-2004, 07:03 PM
thanks for the recipe mivi. i'm assuming you've never tried it? i wonder if it's good.

also, I wonder if there's some way I can bread the chicken in a relatively low fat manner, as I really enjoy that part of the sesame chicken :) maybe I can use oat flour and rolled oats or something....

lochick - thanks for the suggestion, but I prefer to stay away from frozen dinners and such. i don't like the preservatives.

Oat flour seems it would do the trick. Maybe some Whole-Wheat Bread crumbs if you can find them? If not you can always make your own. I have done this before using Whole-Grain Bread. What you do is simply tear small pieces of Bread and add them to a Food Processer. Season the torn peices with spices,flavorings,etc. if You like. Then simply turn on the process button and Process the bread in chunks til fine. They come out to be very tasty, especially on Chicken. Hope that helps so bro.

littlebuffman
04-10-2004, 07:27 PM
just cook the chicken on the foreman grill, stick it in the batter and eat, i love pre cooked kababs