PDA

View Full Version : Ireland

Liam Canning
04-09-2004, 02:02 AM
What is everyone's view in the political situation in Northern Ireland?
Can I have some informed opinions on the struggle between the Catholics and Protestants and the British government.

Your views are much appreciated.

t0mmy
04-09-2004, 04:04 AM
Originally posted by Liam Canning
What is everyone's view in the political situation in Northern Ireland?
Can I have some informed opinions on the struggle between the Catholics and Protestants and the British government.

Your views are much appreciated.

I'm Catholic and I think that island should be rightfully the Catholics' land. I think, as 2 very civilized nations, that they should stop the fighting and the stone pelting. England should retreat and give northern ireland back to the catholics.

But I'm not too informed on that whole issue. I just know that the IRA blew up the Queen's toilet @ Buckingham Palace :D

Liam Canning
04-09-2004, 07:47 AM
Thanks for the reply.

Anyone else any opinion on this?

CerealKiller
04-09-2004, 09:09 PM
As far as I am aware the problems in Northern Ireland are receding unlike the Israel/Palestiine conflict.

I feel that the whole of Ireland should be reunited and governed from Dublin.

The Protestant community in Ulster should be given the choice of either staying British or becoming fully fledged Irish.

Those in Ulster who claim to be loyalists to Britain and then go out shooting and bombing are not wanted by and do not represent the opinion of the vast majority of people on the mainland.

IMO splitting a small island into two separate countries was a pathetic compromise, because the politicians didn't have the balls to do the right thing. Give the whole of Ireland lock, stock and barrel to Dublin.

Ruthless4Life
04-09-2004, 10:43 PM
They should realize that either they're Protestants or Catholics, they are Christians therefore they should especially love one another.