PDA

View Full Version : Prices?

dixon
04-09-2004, 01:49 AM
What is usually the price per lb of:

Raw oats
Raw Navy beans

I checked all the flyers but they dont have them this week. Just a good estimate would be great.. take note I'd probably be buying in 10lb bulk

Also, how long can you usually store oats? I've heared about a problem with weavels eating them.

lil-al
04-09-2004, 02:09 AM
I dont know but they pretty cheap and oat u can store em at dry area with room tepm for a while i always put em in 5 lbs protien powder tubs.

mivi320
04-09-2004, 05:11 AM
Originally posted by dixon
What is usually the price per lb of:

Raw oats
Raw Navy beans

I checked all the flyers but they dont have them this week. Just a good estimate would be great.. take note I'd probably be buying in 10lb bulk

Also, how long can you usually store oats? I've heared about a problem with weavels eating them.

Oats are dirt cheap. Keep in mind that you don't have to spend money on the Quaker's Oatmeal Brand Name, as it is more expensive than the Generic Brands which contain the same Ingredients(100% Rolled Oats). I usually buy the Generic Brand Names (Southern Home, Great Value, Etc) and save alot more money. Just my two cents. Hope that helps some man.

xxghostxx
04-09-2004, 05:50 PM
I purchase oatmeal in bulk bins at a local grocer for $.43 a pound. And raw navy beans I've seen for like $.35 a pound. I always store oats in an empty 5lb protein jug and it lasts for about 3-4 weeks no weavels or anything..

dixon
04-09-2004, 06:02 PM
Thank you very much

lil-al
04-10-2004, 12:59 AM
hey I know what I going to say is of the subject a bit but sience we talking about oatmeal here is my fav way to make it and its a really good brakefast for bulking and it taste awesome.

1 cup of milk
1 banana
1 table spoon of honey
1 scoop of cyto sport muscle milk cookies and cream protein powder
about 3/4 cup dry oatmeal
about half of scoop of some other brand which I use nature best choclate

it is a good idea to put the banana and honey in microwave for minute to minute and half then I would be easy to mash the banana and mix it with honey then add the milk and rest of stuff to it and put it in microwave for like 3 minutes.
and if u cant get cyto sport add 1 scoop of normal protien powder and put a bit peanut butter.