PDA

View Full Version : HELP w/ cutting diet

Zoiks
04-08-2004, 11:20 AM
hey,

im currently doing the MAX OT program where i train one or two parts of my body each day. I am doing cardio three times a 3 times a week.
I am happy with the progress i have made from lifting which i have been doing for about 1 yr. Right now im happy with my workout plan but im not happy with my extra fat. I would not say i have alot of fat but where i do have fat it makes me unhappy. I am happy with my base, as in im happy with the mass i have at the moment but obviously the mass i am isnt where i want to end up to be. My main prob is nutrition, i do not have a any ida of a good diet for me to remain with muscle and lose fat. Im really needing some help and im sorry to ask to be spoonfed but i really need some one to break down what i need to do. I am 5'11 171 lbs and aged 16.

Here is an example of a diet ide eat

breakfast
3 pieces of white toast

lunch
chicken sandwich(white bread). 3 pieces of fruit. I normally go crazy on fruit and eat like 3 4 bananas, 2 couples and a couple of pares. Biut ide say on average ide eat about 3 pieces at this time.

yogurt, more fruit, sometimes crisps

dinner
lamb or chicken or beef w/ potatoes, carrots, peas andf other veg.

other types of dinner.....
shepherds pie
fajitas
home made chinese type foods
pasta and tuna

ide normally drink around 6-8 litres of water mainly because its the only thing that prevents me getting acne..but i hear this too is good for lifting
im prety boring when it comes to dinners, ive never been a big fan of crisps, chocalte or puddings, i think my main problem is eating too much at one time, ie..at lunch ill eat 2 chicken sandwiches or sumthin like that. So im not sure why i have some fat still.

so my aim is to lose fat but keep up msucle...what types of foods shud i have during the days. Also how much calorires of each types of food shud i eat a day? I wanna get this diet down and then ill sort out supplements if i need 2 take some...as u can tell im a newbie to this :)

thanks

massive member
04-08-2004, 11:39 AM
needs alot of work. have you checked out other cutting diets that have been posted. you can get plenty of ideas off of them.

you want to be eating roughly every 3 hours. each meal should have a complete protein source. have something before going to bed.

Zoiks
04-08-2004, 11:49 AM
i havent seen any cutting diets..... haven been here long but i really need help

thanks massive...so ill need protein in every meal...how much shud i have oper day

RiNgMaSteR
04-08-2004, 12:27 PM
You need to eat every 3 hours like said above and you should try and eat most of your carbs in the morning.

massive member
04-08-2004, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by Zoiks
i havent seen any cutting diets..... haven been here long but i really need help

thanks massive...so ill need protein in every meal...how much shud i have oper day just go with 1 gram per pound of bodyweight for now.

you could do some eggs with breakfast.

mid morning and mid afternoon meals could include pop top tuna or chicken, or beef jerkey

before bed go with something like cottage cheese or eggs with natty or almond butter or nuts or flax oil

massive member
04-08-2004, 12:44 PM
when you get some time, click the search button at the top on the right. type in CUTTING DIET into the search.

select the nutrition forum and search in titles. i got 210 hits.

just glance over a few and get some ideas. only you know what you can do, what you like and what you can get. :)

Zoiks
04-08-2004, 01:06 PM
thanks alot guys