PDA

View Full Version : Losing Weight for the Summer

DTRG
04-07-2004, 04:56 PM
well summer is almost here,ive never really tried to lose weight,always trying to put it on. but im sick of the gut and excess fat i have. and since summer is almost here and my senior year is next year, i want to be looking good so ive got some questions..

1. im 17,and im wondering if its safe to take supplements to help..ive always been a believer in supplements to help and i know just taking supplements isnt going to change me,i just want a little boost,ya know,so is it safe if so what should i take,i know no ephedra

2. 20 minutes of cardio a day i understand is the norm/best for weight loss..how many days a week? 3? 5? and what is this HIIT stuff i hear about?

other than that,any misc. tips you guys have would be really appreciated,thanks guys

BIGDUFF
04-08-2004, 12:31 AM
Don' take my word but i dont see how they get by on 20 minutes 3 days a week.I wouldn't lose a single pound in 2 weeks probly if i did that little..

emplate
04-08-2004, 06:21 AM
20min of exercise is better than no exercise ;) .. but if you boosted it to 45min that'd be good :D doesnt have to be insane just do something so your heart rates pumping..

hiit - high intensity interval training .. its intense cardio basically but in intervals to confuse the hell out of ur system so its burning more cals throughout the day.. i do it 3 times a week for 15min, .. an example of what i did was 3min of jogging on the tread mill for warm up, then speed it up and sprint for 30secs, then back down to jogging for 30secs.. did that 6 times, then warm down jog for 3min..

........ then you limp off the machine.. but your going to find your going to lose a hella lotta weight.. (assuming your on a good diet too ;)