PDA

View Full Version : What does it state in the Quran?

loney
04-07-2004, 04:39 PM
I'm Muslim, but I'm pretty confused on one subject.

Evolution. Does the Quran state that humans were once monkeys/apes and evolved into humans gradually? Because i've heard multiple answers about this subject.

Anyone care to answer please?

affy
04-07-2004, 05:07 PM
im not muslim, but i think it states that evolution and creationism worked hand in hand to make humans. im not positive so i'll let someone fill you in.

AnotherScorpion
04-07-2004, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by loney
I'm Muslim, but I'm pretty confused on one subject.

Evolution. Does the Quran state that humans were once monkeys/apes and evolved into humans gradually? Because i've heard multiple answers about this subject.

Anyone care to answer please?

Quran is so vague and metaphoric, You can see it as you like but nobody discovered or understood those scientific facts and principles until humans on their own with no help from the verses. Beside, not a single verse in Quran contains even one scientific term like evolution, atom, theory of relativity...etc.! pls show me at least one scientific principle in Quran without using some b.s. translation for it! It has been know that God send his Quran very clear for his people so they can understand it (in one verse in Quran). It supose to be perfect! NOTHING clear about Quran...it's just a poetry!

enjoyincubus
04-07-2004, 05:53 PM
well, the quaran wouldnt say anything like "theory of relativity", since this theory was concieved hundreds of years after the quran was written.

AnotherScorpion
04-07-2004, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by enjoyincubus
well, the quaran wouldnt say anything like "theory of relativity", since this theory was concieved hundreds of years after the quran was written.

At least it will give it its own name! right? Many scientific terms is Arabic and found be Muslim like Algebra...etc. Why not in Quran??

enjoyincubus
04-07-2004, 06:00 PM
well, if the quran didnt teach evolution it wouldnt mention it. i dont know, im not an expert on the quran.

BuckWyld
04-07-2004, 06:11 PM
I dunno for sure either but since Islam accepts both the torah and the new testament as holy books I would assume they believe in genesis also

eya_21
04-07-2004, 06:12 PM
hey lonely.. well if im not mistaken, the Quran does state that we are the perfect creation of Allah, and we did not evolve from monkey or wateva.. i could ask some people who really knows about this more than i do, id get back to this..

FatFat Bastard
04-07-2004, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by eya_21
hey lonely.. well if im not mistaken, the Quran does state that we are the perfect creation of Allah, and we did not evolve from monkey or wateva.. i could ask some people who really knows about this more than i do, id get back to this..

The only problem
was/is Allah a name of an idol
the father(genetic) of muhammad was named Abd Allah
my arabic is rusty but i think it means worker of allah. wich makes you wounder a little.
Allah was the name of the main Idol amoung many, Arabs worshiped around Ka'ba
there was allat,dauther of Allah.
They all come from EL/AL
or the jewish supreme Idol,
and the jewish Idol came from some other place etc...

anyway
This is the history of the religious gods.

amrbassiouny
04-07-2004, 09:53 PM
no, it doesn't talk about evoltion. The Quran talks about the story of Adam and Eve being sent on Earth after there as that thing between God and Satan and Adam ended up eating that apple...etc.

i posted about this earlier on another thread where i was talking about proof of the Quran's validity. i'll copy/past it for you here.

-------------------

and also in terms of evolution and creationism, one can still in a way make Islam compatible with evolution! thats why i love it so much, its so damn logical and good when it comes to reality. it is very in-tune with reality, and so i never find it hard to fit it into our world today, and especially science. yes, the story of adam and eve does exist, but, did you ever concider this story as being more of a metaphorical one than a real one? maybe there really was an adam and eve! just that they were the first "batch" of humans that changed from apes. why not? God seems to have "made" everything. and it all happened in a very natural and logical order. it seems that God just made the big bang, and then from that bang everything was planned to happen. and it did. the universe expanded, earth was created from the rubble, the sun shone on it, life emerged, animals evolved, and then humans came into existance. it is very logical to think of it that way. God also said he created the sky. but does that mean he physically put it there? or can it mean that God maybe started the big bang, and then knew that the sky would creat itself after that bang happened in a certain way? therefore, at the end of the day God can still say "I created the sky."

-----------------------

SYRIANKID
04-07-2004, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by FatFat Bastard
The only problem
was/is Allah a name of an idol
the father(genetic) of muhammad was named Abd Allah
my arabic is rusty but i think it means worker of allah. wich makes you wounder a little.
Allah was the name of the main Idol amoung many, Arabs worshiped around Ka'ba
there was allat,dauther of Allah.
They all come from EL/AL
or the jewish supreme Idol,
and the jewish Idol came from some other place etc...

anyway
This is the history of the religious gods.

Well since Allah means "The God," all Arab speaking pagans used the word to describe whatever thing they were worshipping. People weren't arguing over the name of what was being worshipped, but what/Whom was being worshipped.

That's like you walking down the street and you hear someone say "thank God" and you ask him, what do you mean by "God" and they say "that lampost over there".

Also, semantically of course the name of God is going to be related between Semitic languages. That doesn't mean people were sharing or thinking of the same "idol" it just means the languages they were using to describe their God have the same lingual root.

Peace

CITADEL
04-07-2004, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by amrbassiouny
maybe there really was an adam and eve! just that they were the first "batch" of humans that changed from apes.

Yeah maybe that's what happened.

Starsky
04-07-2004, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by SYRIANKID
Well since Allah means "The God," all Arab speaking pagans used the word to describe whatever thing they were worshipping. People weren't arguing over the name of what was being worshipped, but what/Whom was being worshipped.

That's like you walking down the street and you hear someone say "thank God" and you ask him, what do you mean by "God" and they say "that lampost over there".

Also, semantically of course the name of God is going to be related between Semitic languages. That doesn't mean people were sharing or thinking of the same "idol" it just means the languages they were using to describe their God have the same lingual root.

Peace

There is a part of the Quran where Muhammed says its ok to worship 3 extra gods or something similar, then later he says the devil possessed him and made him do it etc. Care to find the verse?

SYRIANKID
04-07-2004, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by Starsky
There is a part of the Quran where Muhammed says its ok to worship 3 extra gods or something similar

Actually there's no verse like that in the Qur'an, it's online if you want to search for yourself.

TranceNRG
04-08-2004, 01:29 AM
Originally posted by AnotherScorpion
Quran is so vague and metaphoric, You can see it as you like but nobody discovered or understood those scientific facts and principles until humans on their own with no help from the verses. Beside, not a single verse in Quran contains even one scientific term like evolution, atom, theory of relativity...etc.! pls show me at least one scientific principle in Quran without using some b.s. translation for it! It has been know that God send his Quran very clear for his people so they can understand it (in one verse in Quran). It supose to be perfect! NOTHING clear about Quran...it's just a poetry!

ok.. you expect a book sent down 1400 years ago, to a buncha farmers and regular uneducated people to express scientific terms?

Quran is NOT a book of science, it is a book of signs

TranceNRG
04-08-2004, 01:31 AM
Originally posted by Starsky
There is a part of the Quran where Muhammed says its ok to worship 3 extra gods or something similar, then later he says the devil possessed him and made him do it etc. Care to find the verse?

LOL

hey buddy
haven't seen you in awhile

wicked post though :D

I don't he can find it, because it's not there